Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

/vt/ is now archived.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 695 KB, 739x1035, PlanGov.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
12163908 No.12163908 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

G'day /tg/. I ran this thread last night, but my internet died before I could get many replies. So, one more time.

I've been working on a 40k mod for civ4, but recently uni work got the best of me. Coming back from a break, I found that the scale had grown much MUCH larger then originally intended, so I needed a design document to get this right. Before I continued much further I wanted to see what /tg/ wanted from a 40k mod for Civ, and get some feedback.

Summary
Grimdark Frontier is a mod of Civilisations IV (Beyond the Sword) to place it in the Warhammer 40k setting. This will be for Civ fans who want a new and interesting mod to play, or 40k fans who want to play a 40k game at a scale they have never been able to do, until now. The scale is at the sector level, with armies and ships being the smallest units, and entire systems being a single tile. This is as I wanted a truly strategic game, on a scale that isn’t represented in other games, and secondarily because I was basing it on the popular Final Frontier mod (actually the Final Frontier Plus mod, a fan compilation mod and update on Final Frontier with some of the most popular Final Frontier mods, including the popular Finaler Frontier. Yo dawg, I heard you liked mods?) which is set at this scale.
Notes
I won’t be able to get my hands on Civ5 for some time after release, and hence will not wait for Civ5 to come out to do this mod on that. Also, since this mod is based on another mod which drastically alters gameplay, it’ll be out of my coding ability to create this from Civ5, until a Civ5 Final Frontier mod comes out.

>> No.12163929

Section 1: Game Overview
1.1 Basic concept
Grimdark Frontier is a mod of Civilisations IV (Beyond the Sword) to place it in the Warhammer 40k setting. It is in actuality a mod of the Final Frontier Plus compilation mod, which drew primarily from the Finaler Frontier fan-mod update of the Final Frontier mod (shipped with Beyond the Sword).
1.2 Design Objectives
Create a mod for Civ IV that places the game in the 40k setting. It should play appropriately to the setting as well as being correctly set.

>> No.12163941

1.3 Feature set
The features include a number of details to make the gameplay more ‘40k’.
1.3.1 Alliances (Religion)
Instead of religion, the game will feature alliances, which will automatically spread a certain religion in your systems (player choice). This will help keep the varying factions at arms length, using the diplomacy system.
The alliances will be:
1. Imperium of Man (Available to Human, Space Marine and Admech players)
2. Chaos (Available to Human, Space Marine, Chaos Space Marine, Deamon and Admech players)
3. Orks (Available to Orks and Diggaz)
4. Eldar (Available to all Eldar subraces)
5. Tyranid (Available to nids)
6. Necron (duh)
7. The Greater Good (Available to Human, Tau and Kroot players)
1.3.2 Faith (Research)
In wh40k, research is not a major thing. Instead, faith is a more useful power. Thusly, you will get faith from temples, etc. and this will give you bonuses.
1.3.3 Civics
The Civics will be replaced with more Grimdark Civics.
1.3.4 Grim Resources
Additional resources will be added to various planets including ‘Deathworld’, ‘Ogyrn population’, ‘Ratling Population’, and more.

>> No.12163959

1.3.5 Warp Counter
As per the Armageddon Counter in FFHII, except it will add in how close the sector is to falling into the warp, with 0% being entirely realspace, and 100% being currently entirely in the warp. As the Warp Counter rises, various events become more likely, deamons gain power, and much more.
1.3.6 Control (Culture)
Every planet/system will have a number associated with how under control it is. At 100% the planet is under complete control of it’s owner, and will work as per normal. At 0% it will forcibly change hands and revolt. This will replace the culture/influence from Civ IV/Final Frontier.
1.3.7 Barbaric Factions
Some factions (Orks, Chaos, Dark Eldar) have little control over all of their forces, and as such can easily deny being behind an attack. Barbaric factions have most of their units appear to be barbarians, in a similar way to privateers in normal Civ IV BtS or Stealth Ships in Final Frontier. Additionally the infighting within these factions means that barbarian forces will appear nearby space occupied by these factions, of any unit type the Barbaric Faction can create. Finally, the actual barbarians will be able to create many units that are otherwise unique to these factions.
1.3.8 Undiplomatic Factions
Some factions (Tyranids, Necrons) can’t be negotiated with at all, ever. As such they will be permanently at war with all other factions.
1.3.9 Mobile Worlds
Many factions have populations comparable to planets on ships (Eldar craftworlds for example) , and as such will have ships that double as one planet systems.

>> No.12163992

is there blood for the blood god?

>> No.12164054

Section 2 - Gameplay and Mechanics
2.1 Game play
The Gameplay will be as per Civ IV FF+, but changed so that it reflects the wh40k setting appropriately. Note that I am only mentioning changes from the Civ IV BtS Final Frontier Plus mod.
2.1.1 Objectives –objectives of the game
To crush your enemies underfoot. As per Civ IV. Note that diplomatic victories will only be accessible once all factions that are forcibly opposed to you are defeated.
2.1.2 Core Gameplay
Civ IV FF+, but with more war.

>> No.12164067

2.2 Elements and Mechanics
Factions
The factions available to play will be:
Imperium of Mankind
Adeptus Mechanicus
Space Marines
Chaos Space Marines
Orks
Eldar
Dark Eldar
Tau
Kroot
Necrons
Tyranids

>> No.12164078

Unit Types
There will be a number of new units, including many ground units in a number of new types.
Transports
Transports are ships designed to move the ground units through space. Although most are poorly armed, there are some notable exceptions.

>> No.12164081

God speed with that. Never played BoS so I don't know how the space combat will work.

I've always wanted to make a 40k mod for HoI2, but because of classes I can't bring myself to actually do anything cause it seems like more work. Maybe this summer...

>> No.12164118

GROUND UNITS
All of the new types (save for Transports) are ground units, representing armies of the regular 40k forces. They will all have movement 0, and rely on transports to ship them from system to system. Initially they will work much like other units, but I intend to create methods so that multiple ground units can occupy the same tile, and will only fight when ordered to, with winning battles causing a change in control (See 1.3.6 Control (Culture) on p5).
Infantry
Infantry are the core ground units. They will have movement 0 but will be able to be shipped around by Transports (as will all ground units). A balanced type with no notable weaknesses or strengths.
Armoured
Armoured units will be tough and resilient, however they will also be expensive to create. They will be useful to cause Collateral Damage against other ground units.
Mechanised
Mechanised units will be tough and resilient like armoured units, and will also be expensive. Expect mechanised units to have first strikes against other ground units.
Artillery
Artillery units will be fragile, however they will also be capable of massive collateral damage. Also, they will add to the attacking strength of other units in their stack.
Superheavy
Superheavy units will be able to defend against space units, and will make a mockery of all other units. They will be extremely expensive to create, and without support will be taken down by hordes of cheaper, disposable units. Superheavies will also be targetable from space
Characters
Characters will be a more detailed set of Great General equivalents. Will give specific upgrades as well as extra prestige/upgrades for the unit.
Aerial
Aerial units will be used to harass other unit types, by taking advantage of very high withdrawal chances.

>> No.12164149

Units
There are a number of new units in this mod, and as most of them are faction specific, I’ll mention them by faction.
IMPERIUM OF MAN
PDF
PDF (Planetary Defence Forces) regiments are raised by Imperial Governors to defend planets. Although they can’t be taken out of the system, they are very useful for defending the systems they are built in against enemy foot-troops.
Guard Regiment
A Regiment of Imperial Guard is the most flexible and common infantry unit available to the Imperium of Man.
Armoured Company
A whole company of tanks, the armoured company is the basic armoured unit.
Mechanised Regiment
As per Guard Regiment, now in mechanised.
Artillery Company
The basic Artillery unit for the IoM.
Baneblade
The IoM’s primary superheavy.
General
Basic character for the IoM.

Buildings
Adeptus Arbites HQ: Replaces Police Station. Police Station + Adds to defensibility of the planet.

Note: This part is very WiP, I have a good idea of what units the core armies will have, less sure for some of the other armies (tau, necrons) but I'll cross those bridges when I get to them. Feedback?

>> No.12164219

>>12163992
There will be. Instead of research, players will generate faith from temples, etc. which will go towards divine events. I do plan on having Khornate players gaining extra faith with every sucessful combat (and later even unsucessful combats (It matters not from where the blood flows. . . ) allowing the blood for the blood god to have a legit effect.

>>12164081
It is a lot of work, however Civ4 has been built with modders in mind, and it's actually very easy to do the basics.

>> No.12164270

So how would faith work with orks/tau/nids?

>> No.12164447

>>12164270
Orks would gain bonus to the WAAAAGH! with more units spawning, barbarian orks attacking other players and even bonuses to move speed (red wunz go fasta).

Tau would gain diplomatic advantages, or upgrades for their regiments. Essentially their faith is 'The Greater Good'.

Tyranids instead of 'faith' would have the hive mind and evolution, which will be more reminiscent of the normal tech tree. Note that tyranids will be a 'fleet-based' race, in that they won't be able to conquer planets, just nom them for resources in their cities, which are actually their hive fleets.

>> No.12164547

For those unfamilliar with Final Frontier, basically imagine Civ, but cities can only be build on predesignated tiles (systems). Instead of gaining resources from the surrounding tiles, each system has a number of planets, which work in a similar fashion, except without actually being on the map in a separate tile. You upgrade planets with buildings. Most units are spaceships (though I intend to add some ground units that can only move on system tiles).

That's the core of the major changes. The other changes are to the tech tree, units available, etc. most of which I'm pulling apart anyhow.

>> No.12164803

Bumping with Space Marine Ground Units:
SPACE MARINES
Space Marine Company
Basic infantry unit for SM. Very strong, however, the player is limited to 8 companies in codex chapters.
Space Marine Strike Force
Other infantry unit for SM. Not nearly as strong as the Company, however, is not limited in number. Upgrades gained by Strike Forces are instead gained by a random Company.
Space Marine 1st Company
Elite infantry unit for SM. Very strong, however, the player is limited to 1 1st company. Can take the powerful Terminator Unit upgrade.
Space Marine 10th Company
Starting unit for SM. Strong, and has a very high withdrawal rate. Limit of 1. Upgrades gained by the 10th company are instead gained by a random company.
Chapter Master
Central Character for Space Marines. Limit of one.
Captain
Basic character for space marines. Limit of ten.

Note that individual units that aren't seen as formations of their own will be upgrades to the core unit. So razorbacks, etc. will be upgrades that companies can take.

>> No.12164845

>>12164803

Will Sisters of Battle turn up? They sound like they could work very well with the faith mechanic.

>> No.12164860

I really like where this mod is going. Do you only have the concept or have you actually started working on it?

>> No.12164932

>>12164845
I plan on having the SoB as units available to the Imperium of Man, requiring a Convent (which will be a powerful, but expensive building).

>>12164860
I've started working on it, but I'm not very far yet. If anyone wants so see this very VERY early alpha, I could upload it somewhere.

>> No.12165046

>>12164932
What I have thus far is two factions (Admech and IoM) with two leaders each, each with their own traits. I've pulled the tech system apart, but haven't added the faith system yet.

>> No.12165072

>>12164932
I would like to see the very, VERY alpha.

>> No.12165246

>>12165072
Give me a miniute or thousand, the internet's a bit slow here.

It'll be up at http://www.mediafire.com/?hsxnxsja2zdzc
Eventually.

>> No.12165374

>>12165246
No need to hurry, I'm at work with nothing to do so I've got alot of time on my hands.

>> No.12165399

>>12165374
Well, it's at 18%. . .
Estimated Time Remaining: Unknown/17min, it can't make up it's mind.

>> No.12165497

While I have you here, what does anon think about the setting for this game. Should I leave the names and stuff to titles (Planetary Governer, etc.) OR should I make up fluff to set in a certain sector in space?

>> No.12165544

>>12165497
To be more clear, should I set it up in a new sector and detail it as per that sector (a la Dark Heresy) or should I set it up with out the details, so it could be set in any frontier sector?

>> No.12165631

>>12165544
I would say set it up without the specifics, atleast that is what I would want (I like the random stuff in CIV).

>> No.12165805

>>12165631
There will still be a lot of random stuff. In fact, it'd probably be at about the same amount of random stuff as Vanilla Civ if I do take the detail option. The differences will be in leader names, etc. For example will the space marine leader be called "Chapter Master" or "Chapter Master Morbus Nathaniel"

>> No.12165895

>>12165805
Ah, I see, well if that is the case then I would say go with the detailed version to give it more depth.

>> No.12166199
File: 86 KB, 931x580, Imperial Guard.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

Shameless Bump.

Also, posting updated units for IoM.

IMPERIUM OF MAN
PDF
PDF (Planetary Defence Forces) regiments are raised by Imperial Governors to defend planets. Although they can’t be taken out of the system, they are very useful for defending the systems they are built in against enemy foot-troops.
Infantry Regiment
A Regiment of Imperial Guard is the most flexible and common infantry unit available to the Imperium of Man.
Ogryn Regiment
An entire regiment of Ogryns, with a limited staff of humans leading them into battle. No withdrawal chance, +str against infantry, but lower str overall.
Penal Regiment
No withdrawal chance, cheap and disposable. Very limited in the upgrades it can take.
Armoured Company
A whole company of tanks, the armoured company is the basic armoured unit.
Mechanised Regiment
As per Guard Regiment, now in mechanised.
Droptroop Regiment
As per Mechanised Regiment, but with additional bonuses to withdraw chance. Also, weak against anti-air.
Artillery Company
The basic Artillery unit for the IoM.
AA Company
Anti-Air company. An artillery unit with significant advantages against Droptroop Regiments and Aerial units.
Baneblade
The IoM’s primary superheavy.
General
Basic character for the IoM.
Lightning Fighter Squadron
Light Aerial unit with a bonus to withdrawal chance.
Thunderbolt Heavy Fighter Squadron
Heavy Aerial unit, with a bonus against other Arial units.
Marauder Bomber
Aerial unit, with a bonus against ground units. Also creates collateral damage.
Marauder Destroyer
As the Marauder bomber, but sacrifices some collateral damage ability for an increased withdraw chance and a slightly higher strength.

>> No.12166231
File: 93 KB, 750x600, Commisars.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

Inquisitor
A character used for clearing chaos or xenos alliances from planets. Also can be used to improve control (see 1.3.6 Control (Culture), p5), combating enemy spy units or for covert missions.
Sisters of Battle
Infantry unit, that adds to faith every time they battle. +Str vs infantry, -str vs armour.
Living Saint
Character, only gain-able from faith. Very powerful, and adds faith every turn it is alive, with bonus faith every battle it wins and a large martyrdom bonus when it dies.
Commissar
Character, requires Schola Progenium. Adds to Str, subtracts from withdrawal chance.

>> No.12166272

This could very well turn out to be epic.
Godspeed, OP!

>> No.12166334

As well as motivation to continue, the other reason I put these threads up is for feedback. Tell me what you like, don't like, don't get, what you'd want to see and what you don't want to see in this game. So please, any feedback you can give helps.

>> No.12166392

>>12166334
Might be a good idea to get all your info so far in a wiki (1d4chan might be a good place) so everything's nicely organized.
Having a talk page might help, though having an occasional thread here might be better.

>> No.12166462

>>12166392
I figure an occasional thread here is the easiest and best thing. I'm putting all the confirmed ideas into my Design Document, and slowly growing it. It'll get pretty huge pretty soon, so a Wiki might not be a bad idea.

>> No.12166689

http://www.mediafire.com/?hsxnxsja2zdzc

It's up

>> No.12166961

>>12166689
Have to see what you've got done once I get home.

>> No.12167675

Shameless bump

>> No.12168574

>>12166231

I might advise allowing Sisters to take 'Meltaguns' as an advantage, allowing them to negate thier penalties vs armour?

>> No.12168599

>>12168574
Oooh, forgot meltas. Was thinking they were all flameflameflame.

Basically heavy weapons will be added as an upgrade to be effective against certain units. So meltaguns would mean that they are more effective against armour, flamers/heavy flamers will make them more effective vs infantry, etc. Immolator squads will make them more effective against everything (+1 str probably), etc.

>> No.12168637

>>12168599

Immolators would also make them a little faster (It's a quick transport) but I don't know how that would translate, having never played the game.

Exorcists would be the SOB tank. It's bad against light infantry but murders the fuck out of tanks and heavy things (Monsterous Creatures)

I case you haven't noticed I MAY be a SOB fan.

Will there be an eccesiarcy leader? He would be the 'research' equivelent as faith is used instead of research. Maybe make convents cheaper too? Again, never played the game.

>> No.12168763

>>12168637
At this scale, plus to withdraw chance and maybe +0-1 first strikes.

Have recently just decided on having an eccesiarchal leader. I'll use his traits to make convents cheaper. What would be an excesiarchal equivalent to a planetary governor?

>> No.12168789

>>12168763

A Cardinal. They look over planets/small systems.

Or for the Sisters, a Cannoness, though the Cardinal would be better as they are not allowed to hold office like that. A Cannoness would be better as a hero unit or something, or just folded into 'Big tough Sisters unit'

>> No.12168845

>>12168789
I have canoness slated to be a Character unit. Decided against Hero, coz, y'know, 40k. Cardinal works fine though. Thinking Faithful and Aggressive for the traits.

>> No.12168877

>>12168845

That works.

I predict a LOT of agressive with the races.

>> No.12168922

>>12168877
Yeah, Aggressive is most common, followed by militant. Faithful is third, then Technological and Raiding. Productive comes next to last, followed finally by Economic, which only has 3, two of which are human (Planetary Governor and Rogue Trader)

>> No.12168934

>>12168922

Shouldn't there be Economic trait for Tau Earth caste or something?

>> No.12168957

Tau water caste get Ecomonic, only non-humans to get it.

Earth Caste are Productive and Technological.

>> No.12168979

>>12168967
2.2.1 Factions
The factions available to play will be:

Mankind
Humanity is the most widely spread civilised race in the known galaxy, and among the most unified. Almost all humans belong to the Imperium of man, although some defectors exist. Traitors renounce their ties to the IoM and attempt to strike out alone, or worse, turn to chaos or xenos. Humans can take the IoM, Chaos, Tau Empire alliances, or be independent.

Planetary Governor
Planetary Governors are Productive and Economic.

Governor Militant
Governors Militant are Militant and Aggressive.

Cardinal
Cardinals are Faithful and Aggressive.

Rouge Trader
Rouge Traders are Explorative and Economic

>> No.12168990
File: 270 KB, 1280x743, Adeptus Mechanicus.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

Adeptus Mechanicus
No longer human, the Adeptus Mechanicus are the Tech-Priesthood of the Imperium, although many have been corrupted. Admech players can be IoM, Chaos or Independent.

Magos Explorator
Magos Explorators are Explorative and Technological.

Fabricator Generals
Fabricator Generals are Productive and Technological.

>> No.12169010
File: 745 KB, 1440x900, Black Templar Wallpaper.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

Space Marines
Space Marines are the defenders of humanity, chosen from aspiring heroes and given the best training, weapons and armour that humanity can outfit them with. Space Marine players can be IoM, Chaos or Independent.

Chapter Masters
Chapter Masters are Militant and Aggressive.

High Marshal
High Marshals are Militant and Faithful.

>> No.12169029

Chaos Space Marines
Chaos Space Marines are vile and twisted foes, once the saviours of mankind, and heroes of the Imperium, now its worst villains. Chaos Space marines can be Chaos.

Daemon Prince
Daemon Princes are Aggressive and Faithful.

Warsmith
Warsmiths are Militant and Technological

Chaos Lord
Chaos Lords are Aggressive and Militant

Dark Apostles
Dark Apostles are Faithful and Militant.

>> No.12169048

Orks
WAAAGH! Orks are made to fight and win. Orks take the side of the Orks.

Warboss
Warbosses are Aggressive and Militant.

Big Mek
Big Meks are Aggressive and Technological.

Kult ov Speed Warboss
KoS Warbosses are Aggressive and Raiding

>> No.12169057

>>12169010
>Space Marines
>IoM, Chaos or Independent.
>independent

What? I thought it was either loyal or chaos.

>> No.12169060
File: 194 KB, 504x504, Farseer.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

Eldar
The vile and alien eldar can only take the side of the eldar.

Farseer
Farseers are Manipulative and Faithful.

Autarch
Autarches are Militant and Aggressive.

>> No.12169073
File: 884 KB, 975x650, Dark eldar.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

Dark Eldar
Dark Eldar can take the side of the Eldar, or be independent.

Archons
Archons are Militant and Raiding.

Archite
Archites are Aggressive and Raiding.

>> No.12169092
File: 145 KB, 305x400, Tau Bonding.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

Tau
Tau can take the side of the Greater Good, or be independent.

Aun’o
Aun’o are Manipulative and Faithful.

Shas’o
Shas’o are Militant and Faithful.

Fio’o
Fio’o are Productive and Technological.

Por’o
Por’o are Manipulative and Economic.

Kor’o
Kor’o are Raiding and Faithful.

>> No.12169101

>>12169057

Chapters can be Excommunicate Traitoris without going to Chaos. See Relictors.

Also, someone better mod in Angry Marines (AGGRESSIVE AND AGGRESSIVE) and Reasonable Marines (Economic, Militant)

>> No.12169113
File: 49 KB, 393x597, acolyte.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>12169057
There are a few independent chapters running about iirc. If some brillian/tg/uy or intellegen/tg/irl can let us know one way or the other, please do.

>> No.12169128
File: 571 KB, 1000x1007, Kroot.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

Kroot
The Kroot can take the side of the Greater Good, chaos, or be independent.

Master Shaper
Master Shapers are Militant and Raiding.

>> No.12169143

Necrons
The Necrons are always on the side of the Necrons.

Necron Lord
Necron Lords are Raiding and Technological.

Tyranids
Tyranids are always on the side of the Tyranids.

Hive tyrant doesn't seem high up enough to fit here, what is at the level of running a splinter fleet?

>intuition rurdry
I don't think it's intuition Captcha, cheers anyhow though.

>> No.12169147

>>12169113
There are some independant chapters but are always tagged as Chaos since they usually use piracy and hide in or near the eye of terror to raid caravans and be quite safe from the IG forces.
But true independant chapters which have been isolated from the imperium for a long time could exist.

>> No.12169151

>>12169101
I plan on adding an option for /tg/ canon.
Trait: Agressive
Free combat 1 promotion for all troops
Trait: FUCKING AGRESSIVE
Free FUCK YOU! promotion for all troops.

>> No.12169159

>>12169143
>Hive tyrant doesn't seem high up enough to fit here, what is at the level of running a splinter fleet?

Norn Queen?

>> No.12169257

>>12169159
Lexicanium says: "An entire Hive Fleet is directed by the single coordinating will which is its Hive Mind, formed from untold billions of individual consciousnesses, each of which is a living creature in the fleet. Mankind still searches vainly for the higher beings they suppose control the Hive Fleets, and though such mighty creatures exist, they no more control the Hive Mind than single brain cells control a man's body. It is the sum of the Hive Mind which motivates it, not its constituent parts. "

Might go with Norn Queen, might just go with Hive Mind or Hive Synapse.

>> No.12169325

>>12169257
Regardless, will be Agressive and Millitant.

>> No.12169553

Chaos: Have a leader for each Legion?
Black Legion can be represented well enough with Chaos Lord, Dark Apostle is Word Bearer, Warsmith is IW. Deamonprince is fairly open to anything.

Death Guard could have Heralds (Militant and Agressive again?), World Eaters could have Bezerker Lords (Aggressive and Raiding), Alpha Legion could have Lord Alpharius CXIII or something (Militant and Raiding), Emperor's Children could have Militant and Agressive yet again? Night Lords could have Raiding and ???, and Thousand Sons could be Faithful and Explorative. Each of the god themed chaos warlords would have starting tech: Something a little up their faith tree for that god and Starting unit: warband of apropriate type.

>> No.12169981

>>12169553
Update on these guys and then the Loyalist Marines

Chaos Space Marines
Chaos Space Marines are vile and twisted foes, once the saviours of mankind, and heroes of the Imperium, now its worst villains. Chaos Space marines can be Chaos.

Daemon Prince
Daemon Princes are Aggressive and Faithful.

Warsmith
Warsmiths are Militant and Technological

Chaos Lord
Chaos Lords are Aggressive and Militant

Dark Apostles
Dark Apostles are Faithful and Militant.

Alpha Legion Lord
Alpha Legion Lords are Manipulative and Raiding

Sorcerer Lord
Sorcerer Lords are Faithful and Militant

Berserker Lord
Berserker Lords are Aggressive and Raiding

Night Lord
Night Lords are Raiding and Militant

Thousand Sons Sorcerer Lord
Thousand Sons Sorcerer Lords are Faithful and
Explorative

Heralds of Nurgle
Heralds of Nurgle are Militant and Faithful

>> No.12169988

Space Marines
Space Marines are the defenders of humanity, chosen from aspiring heroes and given the best training, weapons and armour that humanity can outfit them with. Space Marine players can be IoM, Chaos or Independent.

Chapter Masters
Chapter Masters are Militant and Aggressive.

High Marshal
High Marshals are Militant and Faithful.

Iron Father
Iron Fathers are Militant and Technological.

Great Khan
Great Khans are Militant and Raiding

Wolf Lord
Wold Lords are Aggressive and Raiding

Grand Master
Grand Masters are Militant and Explorative.

>> No.12170019

> Chaos Space marines can be Chaos.

This needs a "Chaos Space Marine is Chaos" image macro

>> No.12170168
File: 127 KB, 369x426, Chaos-Space-Marine-is-Chaos.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>12170019
Pic Related?

>> No.12170390
File: 359 KB, 744x918, 1283717141580.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

Ok, so, I got a idea for Rogue Trader campaign based on a mixture of Dead Space and that movie Virus, which is playing on AMC now. The Idea is that after a serious flaw in the last job, the Rogue Trader Crew would be in serious shit. Needing a huge about of pay, they come across another Rogue Trader vessel that had pretty much become a space hulk and was under quarantine. Of course, the players would be desperate and go on aboard anyway. Of course, hilarity would ensue.
The problem Im having is, I don’t know what would exactly be on board. I got 2 ideas. One, some xeno that takes over the crewmans bodies and morphing them to a proper form for its task (dead space). The other would be a daemon that invests the medicae and the tech preists on board, driving them to kill and make basically violent servitors of the crew. Which is a better route?
In relation, general adeptus mechanicus or cyborg stuff. Grosser the better.

>> No.12170406

>>12170390
Fuck up

>> No.12170692

2.2.2 Traits
In the above section (2.2.1 Factions, p6) leaders were mentioned to have traits. The Traits are explored in more depth here.

Aggressive
Free Promotion: Combat I.

Militant
+1 :) Training Base
+50% Production: Training Base
+10% Production: All Military units
+10% Control
-1 :) All worlds

Productive
+1 Production Mining Facility, Factory.
+20% Production: Mining Facility, Factory.
+1 Production on any world with 2 or more production.

Economic
+1 Currency on any world with 2 or more currency
+20% Production: Spaceport
+1 Trade Routes: Spaceport

Raiding
Free Promotion: Raider I
+20% Production: Slave Pen
+1 hapiness Slave Pen

Faithful
+1 Faith for Temples
+10% Faith in each system
Free Promotion: Faithful I

Manipulative
+1 Opinion of each foreign leader.
+1 Hapiness on each planet.

Technological
-25% Requirements for promotions
Free Promotion for Ships: Repair Staff
Free Promotion for Ground Units: Improved
Armaments

Explorative
Free Promotion: Recon I
+50% Production: Recon Units
+1 Happiness on all worlds with Spaceport
+1 Health on all worlds with Spaceport
+20% Production: Spaceport

>> No.12170706 [DELETED] 

>>12170692
I'm wanting more for manipulative and possibly explorative.

>> No.12170822

>>12170692
I'm not sure Manipulative and Explorative are strong enough, but not sure what to add.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action