Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
[ERROR] No.10876546 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

What game should I play Warhamer 40k of Warmachine?

>> No.10876565

Warmachine.

>> No.10876566

never heard of that one

>> No.10876573

world of warcraft, apparently

>> No.10876623

Seriously dude. Play Warmachine. You will be extremely disappointed with 40k.

>> No.10876683

rolled 8 = 8

Not trolling, but is there more to the different factions in Warmahine than different colors? They seem to have alot of the same things in common.

>> No.10876816

>>10876683
Yes. Much, much more.

I just started playing so I am only going to list the differences I know:
Menoth are zealot types that purge with flame. Many of their jacks have some sort of Fire Crit or Continuous fire ability.
Cryx are the basic evil necromancer types. I don't know much about them but I heard they are broken.
Khador specializes in heavy jacks and brute force.

I don't know any of the other factions, but the differences are huge.

Also, Warmachine and Hordes are compatible with each other. That's like 40k and Fantasy being compatible with each other, except not gay.

>> No.10878122

>>10876546
Really it depends on your situation, if there are no warmachine players around probably not worth your time. Vice versa also.
Then assuming that it depends, do you a tight rule list to play a cut throat game, or are you just looking for a game to play while drinking a pint with friends.
Also finally do you enjoy the painting/modling side? As warmachine is almost all metal and I find the 40k stuff much more open to awesomness like armies of grots and tanks

>> No.10878510

How much money are you looking at spending for an effective army?

Not much? Warmahordes.
Shit ton? 40k

>> No.10878565

>>10878122
>Then assuming that it depends, do you a tight rule list to play a cut throat game, or are you just looking for a game to play while drinking a pint with friends.

Ummm....can't either of those apply to either game?

>> No.10878888

>>10878510
To be fair, the two will cost similar amounts over time, but the entry cost for Warmachine/Hordes is much lower.

>> No.10878910

>>10878565

Not really. 40k is not a particularly tactical game. All your thinking is going to be dine when building the army list. Once play begins the dice are all that matter.

>> No.10878953

Well, it all depends.

Are you a faggot or a queer?

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action