Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
[ERROR] No.10165309 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

>>Warhammer 40k
>>cute anime style

How did it came to this /tg/

>> No.10165320

japan failed at life

>> No.10165332

You realize you're on 4chan, right?

>> No.10165343

>>10165309

>> No.10165347

<===

>> No.10165349

durf a hurf you guys i found fanart isn't that fuckin NUTS

>> No.10165354

bitching about weeaboos on 4chan.jpg

>> No.10165356

>>10165309
We're all weeaboos.
I'm a weeaboo.
You're a weeaboo.

>> No.10165358

>>10165309
people find the disconnection between the setting and the art funny.

>> No.10165366

Same way it came to this.

>> No.10165372

*BLAM*

>> No.10165409

aw shit its the inquisition

>> No.10165446

It all began with cultist-chan if you ask me.

>> No.10165466

>>10165366

>>Breadnoughts

>> No.10165471

>>10165309

>>How did it came to this /tg/

Because the AdMech is kawaii desu ne~

>> No.10165483

>>10165356
don't be so daft, pussy cat
what difference would it make should a weeaboo be himself or another? a dead man would know more finely the tales of old.

>> No.10165495

>>10165471

this thread is now ULTRA HERETICAL

>> No.10165509

:3

>> No.10165528

>> No.10165529

heresy you say?

>> No.10165531

Hey, nothing could actually make 40k worse, so why not try MOE MOE KYUN?

>> No.10165538

>>10165528

>> No.10165549

>>10165483
Daemon Prince Mad Hatter, anyone? I'd vote Slaanesh.

>> No.10165556

uguuuuuu~

>> No.10165572

>> No.10165574

>>10165332
Seconded.

Just because we got a couple butthurt neckbeards that don't like anime or manga doesn't mean that the majority of the people on /tg/ came to 4chan because of anime and manga.

>> No.10165595

>> No.10165615

>>10165356
You weeaboo
I weeaboo
He, she, me weeaboo.

>> No.10165623

>> No.10165648

I really like anime-style 40K art. It's such a contrast from GW's house style that it's a nice departure and change of pace.


Interestingly, a few years back some Japanese creators had got involved in Black Library and there was talk about an official 40K/FB manga - unfortunately, the project was torpedoed when Warhammer Monthly was discontinued.

If it had been successful there could actually have been a real 40K anime by now. What might have been, eh?

>> No.10165668

>>10165556
pfffffffff

>> No.10165680

>>10165574
Eh it's been done before... here's the run down on why it's bad to complain about anime/anime-style on 4chan
>you'e complaining about anime on fucking 4chan the first board was /a/, it was designed off of the Futabachan Japanese image board, you have no life, therefore argument is invalid and you have 10,000 cock in your mouth.

>> No.10165681

>>10165574

Nah. /tg/ used to hold anime in low regard as any decent hard-working self-respecting fa/tg/uy does.

Then the newfags came along.

>> No.10165689

>>10165648
I doubt there would have been an anime. GW is too anal about its stuff and the anime companies wouldn't have the liberty they needed to make it work for Japanese audiences.

>> No.10165697

>>10165681
There are really good animes out there

>> No.10165719

>>10165648

Did anything actually come out of this? I'm curious to see what official GW manga would look like.

>> No.10165740

>>10165719
Grimdark

>> No.10165745

>>10165681
Bullshit on two counts
the anime hating and the idea that fa/tg/uys are hardworking and/or self-respecting

>> No.10165750

>>10165681
>Newfag Detected

Seriously anime hate is a meme, and like all memes shouldn't be taken seriously.

however we do hate Japanophiles, and unfortunately the two do sometimes go hand in hand.

>> No.10165757

>>10165681
/tg/ hates anime is just a dumb meme

>> No.10165760

>>10165681

Sure. Only that there aren't enough of them to make our prejudice invalid.

>> No.10165769

>>10165689
>the anime companies wouldn't have the liberty they needed to make it work for Japanese audiences.

Japanese animation ranges from moeblob shit, over the top shonen, with a few golden nuggets. There is nothing, NOTHING about 40k that Jap anime audiences wouldn't love. It's so brutally over the top and dark that it'd probably be well loved.

>> No.10165770

>>10165681

Newfagpretendingtobeanoldfag.png

I guess you haven't been here long enough to remember /touhou games/, huh

>> No.10165776

>>10165681
/tg/ always liked and tolerated some anime.
Notably Record of Lodoss War and Slayers for being DnD in animated form.
But the joke was hatred of all things Japanese, and by extension all things anime.
The newfags just aren't in on the joke.

>> No.10165777

>>10165719

No, sadly, it was still in the planning stages when BL pulled out of comics. I once contacted BL to ask if they could put up a stand with concept art at Games Day, and they replied back saying that they didn't have any; I also read an interview with the WM editor at the time (Christian Dunn, I think) and he said that he hated manga with a passion and was only going through with it under duress because BL chiefs thought it was a good idea. even if it had gone ahead, his attitude might have made production difficult.

>> No.10165779

>>10165750
>however we do hate Japanophiles, and unfortunately the two do sometimes go hand in hand
Yeah, that's about right.

Problem is that if somebody says ANYTHING good about katanas, they are usually thrown into that group.

>> No.10165786

Oh shii

>> No.10165788

>>10165719
what's the name of that one guy, the one who does the HOLY HELL! that's some fucked up shit not so cutesy horror mangas... yeah something like that.

>> No.10165799

>>10165776
Anyone who takes anything seriously on 4chan is a newfag.

>> No.10165802

>>10165770

Or the fact that many of 4chan's older memes were anime-inspired. If anything, the place has been shifting away from weeaboo as the years have gone by, with /b/ at the forefront as always.

>> No.10165806

>>10165777
>I also read an interview with the WM editor at the time (Christian Dunn, I think) and he said that he hated manga with a passion and was only going through with it under duress because BL chiefs thought it was a good idea. even if it had gone ahead, his attitude might have made production difficult.
Hope he lost his job with the end of the magazine.

>> No.10165808

if you take 40k seriously enough that you object to this, you seriously need a different hobby.

GW doesn't take it seriously. No attempt is made to have an internally functioning world building from a logistics standpoint. they don't have languages, an economy, or any of the other things absurd settings write to establish versimilitude.

it's a universe where "stuff happens because plot."
and "plot consists of a chain of events allowing us to write some goddamn isn't-this-cool insanity for our pet commissar/spess marine"

this is a universe where one of the most prolific sentient races exists for a series of soccer hooligan jokes.

moe SoB is perfectly acceptable.

>> No.10165809

>>10165681
Oh look, a newfag.

Maybe you don't remember when this board launched, but I do.

Post 20 was Touhou.

>> No.10165814

>>10165681

>Fortunate enough to be unfamiliar with /tg/'s old and notorious Touhou Futa prank file tradition.

Goddamn you, /tg/.

>> No.10165816

>>10165779
Hey, katanas are good for the battlefield that they were designed for.

>> No.10165817

>>10165745
>>10165750
>>10165757

Yeah I guess you guys would know! You have been on /tg/ for almost TWO whole months now, isn't it! You sure are oldfags already!

>> No.10165822

>>10165802
>/b/ being the forefront
this makes me sad

>> No.10165826

>>10165769
40k anime by Tomino

>> No.10165833

>>10165808

/thread

>> No.10165838

There isn't anything really wrong with anime, provided it's not the type of anime that /a/ likes to watch.

/a/ has no taste.

>> No.10165842

>>10165779
It's not their fault katanas are the best swords ever made by the best artisan blacksmiths in the world.

>> No.10165847

>>10165788
Junji Ito?

>> No.10165862

>>10165826

Oh snap Kill'em All Tomino. Yeah, he would've fit right in with 40K before he mellowed out.

>> No.10165868

Fuckking weaboos, rape everything they touch, and those dirty faggots touch everything

seriously its fucking annoying, they draw everything, which wouldn't be a problem except anime drawing style sucks fucking balls

Oh look, they have freakishly huge deformed eyes and impossibly tiny mouths, their skulls are fucked up and broken.

Not to mention anime in itself sucks, how many times do you faggots have to read about teenagers who have some odd seemingly useless ability and are shunned by the rest of the world and than something gay happens and their the only ones who can save everyone because of their seemingly useless powers, how many times do you have to read about akward teenagers who are in their 16-19 range who somehow have never even talked to the opposite sex and blush like middle school girls whenever they see the opposite gender walking, and outright faint when they take their shirt off slightly, how much of this same shit do you have to read (just with different character names and SLIGHTLY different faces) do you have to read before you realize it all sucks dick

Even their fucking games, look at goddam JRPGs, same shit, different name

Flash of reality, no one can take that much punishment (besides space marines) No one can run that fast, no one fights BETTER after getting their ass kicked and falling down and having some internal pep talk or some huge titted girl cheering him on from the sidelines.

No one calls out what their about to do in a fight, no ones NAMES their goddamn moves, no one, even 4Channers, are THAT sexually akward, no one has retarded ass emotional conversations like they do, and are SUPRISED by EVERYTHING the other person says, people dont spill their life story to everyone nearby when their about to lose a fight.

And yes, before you point out the obvious, Im mad, and again, before you follow that up, up above is WHY im mad tho, and yes, lol i am mad

>> No.10165872

>>10165842
Spanish Moor blacksmiths made katanas?

holy shit. I gotta get me one of those.

>> No.10165876

>>10165802
>assuming /b/ isn't just trolling the fuck out of 4chan

Seriously you took a meme serious, and now you're being backed into a corner on how stupid you sound, give up.

>> No.10165892

>>10165838

/a/ doesn't like any anime. No use going there to discuss it when you could have a more civil discussion over here instead.

>> No.10165900

>>10165872
Look at filename
>cheshire-troll.jpg
ignore and move on

>> No.10165910

>>10165777

Huh. Pity.

Where was this interview, incidentally?

>> No.10165911

>>10165868
Read "Understanding Comics" by Scott mcCloud (for the drawing style).

>> No.10165920

>>10165868

Agreed. Disgusting, isn't it.

And they still go around singing: "/tg/'s never been better!"

>> No.10165927

>>10165868

Is this copypasta? There's potential here for copypasta.

>> No.10165930

Also, Valkyrie Profile is a jrpg. Your points are invalid.

>> No.10165932

>Flash of reality, no one can take that much punishment (besides space marines)

Well done, I got this far before I realised it was a troll

>> No.10165938

>>10165868
Huh the majority of your argument is made up of all statements.

Anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of logic knows all statements are always false... even that one on a technicality.

tl;dr HERP DERP go suck a million dicks.

>> No.10165944

>>10165868
I dare say you need a hug, my dear friend.

>> No.10165947

>>10165910

It was in an issue of the Judge Dredd Megazine, a "Four-Colour Classics" column on the topic of Warhammer Monthly - ironic as WM was always in black & white. I forget the exact issue number, sorry.

>> No.10165948

>> No.10165959

>>10165826
I'd watch it and fap so hard.

>> No.10165965

>>10165927
thought it was a copy pasta based on the whole "katanas are underpowered in d20" pasta.
If someone feels up to it, they could work that into a variant on it.

>> No.10165967

>>10165948

>> No.10165973

>>10165938
Before anyone asks, would they like me to pick apart the argument piece by piece?

>> No.10165993

>>10165779
...hey...I like Katanas...I like Scimitars too...and Urumi...but mostly for the aesthetics. I don't live in a country where I need to slice open other human beings, so I don't study the procedure.

>> No.10165994

>>10165973
Yes.

>> No.10166007

>>10165816
I'll show you battlefield with my pistol axe!

>> No.10166021

>>10165973

Just please, don't make me reply to your fallacies by making them too obvious.

>> No.10166027

I'M AMERICAN
SON OF A BITCH WEEABOO
WEEABOO IS PIG
DO YOU WANT RAMEN?
DO YOU WANT POCKY?
WEEABOO IS PIG DISGUSTING
KUBO TITE IS MURDERER
FUCKING JAPAN

>> No.10166041

Cute masturbation aids make everything better. Although I'm fine with them goth sistas

>> No.10166050

Anyone still remember that 40k dating sim that was being developed?

>> No.10166090

>>10166007
while I'm at it, I'll shoot them in the face with my pistol shield!

>> No.10166094

>>10165826
Yay! Senseless death!

>> No.10166117

>>10166050
Tell me more.

>> No.10166129

>>10166027

No.

This isn't about equally valuable but very different sub-cultures that compete with one another childishly.

It isn't about trolling either.

It's about an inferior culture that doesn't know it's place.

>> No.10166145

>>10165816
Slaughtering unarmored peasants.

>> No.10166170

>>10166129
What makes one culture inferior to another, objectively?

>> No.10166186

>>10165309
It came to this when Warhammer 40k became the number 1 wargame in Japan.

>> No.10166189

>>10166117

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/7955790/
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/7998824/
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/8204640/

also, there's a blog with some character bios at http://youngbloods40k.blogspot.com/

>> No.10166205

>>10166170

Touhou futa.

>> No.10166207

>>10165681
Protip: In the first week of /tg/ there were over 20 successful stat me threads asking for anime characters in 3.shit.

>> No.10166217

>>10166170
No such thing.
Just supporters of each side waving their dicks.

>> No.10166226

>>10166205
4th-edition Dungeons and Dragons

>> No.10166231

>>10165842
bitch, please.

>> No.10166257

>>10166226
skub

>> No.10166273

>>10166217

Keep telling yourself that.

>> No.10166300

>>10166257
>derp derp just proving imma newfag

FTFY

Protip: Touhou Futa and D&D4 are memetically linked. It's not even an old meme, just a couple of years.

>> No.10166303

>seriously its fucking annoying, they draw everything, which wouldn't be a problem except anime drawing style sucks fucking balls

Given that the Anime style is all over the place from Osama Tezuka's Astroboy (a light almost mid-30's American influence) to the hyper-realisim of Kanako Inuki or Hitoshi Iwaaki, I fail to see what is being referenced here, especially if they are done in the latter's style.

>Oh look, they have freakishly huge deformed eyes and impossibly tiny mouths, their skulls are fucked up and broken.

See above, in fact go and look for their works, no moeblobshit there. Also, see where the huge eyes and small mouths came from, yup right over here in America, Betty Boop and many of the early Disney characters.

>> No.10166311

The butthurt in here is hilarious.

People compaining about an entire medium of entertainment, by stating the things they hate about one or two shows.

Saying you hate anime because of <insert list a few tropes from generic shounen> is exactly the same as saying you hate all Western made live action media because live action shows aimed for kids have bad acting or something.

And to all the people saying that they don't like anime because of the rediculousness of some shows, then saying they like 40k is deliciously ironic.

>> No.10166313

>>10166303
>Not to mention anime in itself sucks, how many times do you faggots have to read about teenagers who have some odd seemingly useless ability and are shunned by the rest of the world and than something gay happens and their the only ones who can save everyone because of their seemingly useless powers, how many times do you have to read about akward teenagers who are in their 16-19 range who somehow have never even talked to the opposite sex and blush like middle school girls whenever they see the opposite gender walking, and outright faint when they take their shirt off slightly, how much of this same shit do you have to read (just with different character names and SLIGHTLY different faces) do you have to read before you realize it all sucks dick

While the majority that gets latched onto by teenagers is what you described, there are *gasp* other genres than Shonen, including Sci-Fi and Fantasy within anime and manga, see above artists doing truely gruesome horror, or fucking hell lets just go with what was the bust outs of Anime in the 90's Akira and Ghost in the Shell.

And newsflash, repeating a well worn story is not an anime thing, lets go with a western example, The Lion King is just Hamlet with fucking African animals done by Disney.

>> No.10166324

>>10166303
Don't bother, he's the typical FUCK ANIME normalfag.

Although with the direction it seems to be taking I'm ready to join that opinion.

>> No.10166335

>>10166313
>Even their fucking games, look at goddam JRPGs, same shit, different name

Well you got me here. Yup Lunar: SSC, and Final Fantasy VI are exactly the same, regardless of differences in combat, characters and even villain motivation, yup exactly the same.

>Flash of reality, no one can take that much punishment (besides space marines) No one can run that fast, no one fights BETTER after getting their ass kicked and falling down and having some internal pep talk or some huge titted girl cheering him on from the sidelines.

Newsflash, it's fucking fiction, if I wanted reality I'd step outside or watch reality television. Because none of that has ever happened in western media, no action hero who should be fucking dead or halfway down has ever just kept right on fucking going, well except maybe Han Solo, Luke Skywalker.... oh shit I just got what you're arguing about, you're not arguing about ALL anime, just one specific genre of it, it's like going against ALL film by using action films as the example.

>No one calls out what their about to do in a fight, no ones NAMES their goddamn moves, no one, even 4Channers, are THAT sexually akward, no one has retarded ass emotional conversations like they do, and are SUPRISED by EVERYTHING the other person says, people dont spill their life story to everyone nearby when their about to lose a fight.

Once again I'll reiterate, you're arguing against a subsection of anime, and then USING fucking all statements on the 6+ BILLION humans on earth.

I'll just sum it up with an ad hominem abusive.

You are a fucking retarded faggot who takes a meme too goddamn serious and seem to have 10,000 dicks lodge in your mouth.

>> No.10166339

>>10166313
Lets go with Spagetti Westerns. Every. Story. Is. The. Same.

>> No.10166350

>>10166339
Not like they were original anyways.

>> No.10166363

>No one calls out what their about to do in a fight, no ones NAMES their goddamn moves.

But how else would you categorize them on an excel spreadsheet (note: /tg/)

>> No.10166391

>>10166339
They do what works.

>> No.10166425

Fuckking space marines, rape everything they pray, and those dirty faggots touch everything

seriously its fucking annoying, they pray everything, which wouldn't be a problem except high gothic drawing style sucks fucking balls

Oh look, they have freakishly huge deformed shoulders and impossibly tiny bald, their skulls are fucked up and broken.

Not to mention space marines in itself sucks, how many times do you faggots have to read about bald who have some odd seemingly useless extra organs and are shunned by the rest of the world and than something gay happens and their the only ones who can save everyone because of their seemingly useless powers, how many times do you have to read about akward warrior monk who are in their 160-190 range who somehow have never even talked to the opposite sex and blush like middle school girls whenever they see their spiritual liege walking, and outright faint when they take their shirt off slightly, how much of this same shit do you have to read (just with different character names and SLIGHTLY different Chapters) do you have to read before you realize it all sucks dick

Even their fucking Emprah, look at goddam Custodes, same shit, different name

Flash of reality, no space marine can take that much punishment (besides space marines) No one can run that fast, no one fights BETTER after getting their ass kicked and falling down and having some internal pep talk or some dead marine in a robot cheering him on from the sidelines.

No one calls out what their about to do in a fight, no ones NAMES their goddamn weapons, no one, even the Tau Empire, are THAT sexually akward, no one has retarded ass religious conversations like they do, and are SUPRISED by EVERYTHING the Farseer explains, people dont spill their life story when they're about to lose a planet to the Tyrnaids.

And yes, before you point out the obvious, Im mad, and again, before you follow that up, up above is WHY im mad tho, and yes, lol i am mad

>> No.10166442

>>10166303

Doesn't matter what anime is or can be.

Only that what is brought to /tg/ is the worst of it.

>> No.10166476

>>10166391
Remember the great axiom of fiction writing, everything has been done before, it's just the writers take on what has been done before that's different.

>> No.10166484

>>10166363

>>No one gives silly ass, overly complex and embellished names to their moves.

Fix'd.

>> No.10166503

>>10166425
Eldar are fat.

>> No.10166513

>>10166442
That is true, unfortunately it's because the stuff that isn't moeblob or shonen fightan is pretty out there in the first place.

hell those two manga artists I named do stuff that would fit right in in a horror game (one is very much straight out horror, the other is more body horror.)

>> No.10166529

>>10165868

Congrats, you just summarized Shonen (the japanese version of superhero comics) and Final Fantasy.

Now, try some other genres.

>> No.10166533

>>10166484
Aside from Tai Ch'i, but even then you don't call it out.

>> No.10166566

No one is loyal. Everyone is heretic.

>> No.10166651

>>10166529

>>Other genres
>>Less than 10%

>> No.10166734

>>10166651
Hmmm much like Western Comics 90% superheroes 10% other crap.

oh wait.

>> No.10166769

>>10166503

Yes.

>> No.10166816

>>10166734

and 70% shooters, 30% other crap

>> No.10166967

>>10166816
now you're getting the hang of it, though this doesn't hold true for Animu/Mango at least not the whole output, the only reason we get so much Shonen over here is that it's the genre pimped out by dubbers.

>> No.10167355

Wot' we needz is sum moar ORKZEZ!

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action