Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

2017/01/28: An issue regarding the front page of /jp/ has been fixed. Also, thanks to all who contacted us about sponsorship.

/tg/ - Traditional Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
>> No.40316944

>>40316880
>I distinctly remember us using a fire type move to disrupt a spore attack by a... venomoth?
You need to link me that, because I remember no such thing.

>>40316927
>Most of the time people are fighting for fun and personal satisfaction. Not complete domination.
Yeah those professional athletes compete for fun, which is why there is w hole subplot around the popular pokemon targeted breeding programs going on the region with which Imperium made mad dosh.

>> No.40316946

>>40316815
Salty is my dick down your throat

>> No.40316964

>>40316927
>Most of the time people are fighting for fun and personal satisfaction. Not complete domination.

No one goes to the Casino and plays a game without knowing the rules first, unless they are complete idiots.

>> No.40316969

>>40316880
I looked it up, neither of that actually happened. But nice try.

>> No.40316980

Yo guys hear me out here but what if
what
if

Stacking status effects but no 100% guaranteed status moves?

>> No.40316988

>>40316964
>complete idiots
So, 90% of people who walk into a casino in vegas?

>> No.40316993

>>40316964
umm, not every poker player is a pro. Not every blackjack player counts cards.

>>40316980
That's already a thing. There's no such thing as 100% in this quest, there's always a way to counter or prepare.

>> No.40316994

>>40316980
You can train your moves to be more accurate, why wouldn't people just do that?
Far better would be status stacking being a thing you need to specifically train how to do.
Hell, that'd be a cool subplot for Kat.

>> No.40317011

>>40316980
Are you suggesting that we have to roll to hit and then roll for it to stick?

seems like we are just causing problems for no real reason.

>> No.40317016

Pretty sure we've actually paralyzed and burned a pokemon at the same time more than once in the past.

>> No.40317023

>Gobble @GobbleQM 3h3 hours ago
>I just want to say I love you guys!

AND THIS IS HOW YOU REPAY HIS LOVE

>> No.40317031

>>40316994
>Far better would be status stacking being a thing you need to specifically train how to do.
Huh, I would second that.
Wouldn't that solve basically all complaints by all sides?
It makes it a thing thats people can do, but explains why it isn't incredibly common and we don't see it all the time.

>>40317016
We haven't.

>> No.40317040

>>40316944
>You need to link me that, because I remember no such thing.
Sadly I can't find it. It is possible I remembered incorrectly though.

>>40317031
Eh, I might be okay with that I guess.

>> No.40317042

>>40317031
cept it makes no thematic sense.

>> No.40317047

>>40317011
No, we already have a system where effects vary at different success thresholds for flinches and so forth. You still only need one roll.

>> No.40317053

>>40317042
You make no thematic sense.

Remove yourself.

>> No.40317054

>>40317016
it has never happened, only parafusion, burnfusion+leechseed and paraflinch

>> No.40317058

>>40317016
Hasn't happened before, until now Gobbel and we had run under the assumption you can't.
Why do you think our team mates didn't stack paralysis on Regirock?

>> No.40317061

>>40317053
-pop-

>> No.40317073

>>40317042
Why wouldn't it? It makes as much sense as the Burn status effect causing continous damage but somehow not damaging the attacker with heat.
Or burn lowering physical attack.

>> No.40317074

>>40317058
Because we were a bunch of teenagers in a dark cave getting blown the fuck out by a legendary monster?

>> No.40317083

>>40317074
Nah, we fought that thing pretty good and got a whole bunch of moves in.
In the threat people would be even more likely to put the effect on it that makes the huge rock monster slow down.

>> No.40317252

good thread everybody high five

>> No.40317255

>>40317252
*slap*

>> No.40317352

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/37939039/
>"That was a good match, really. You just need to watch the small things. This isn't a videogame, Sleep Powder gets carried by the wind," You toss up some grass. "I bet if Butterfree did it from that way, it would have drifted down at Nibbles."

>> No.40317378

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/29907683/
>Junior's cockiness is gone."Quick! Use Supersonic Venonat!"

>At almost the exact same time, you yell your instructions. "Zappy Dan! Use Supersonic!"

>Each of your Pokemon move at about the same speed. They fire their attacks in unison. Both Supersonic waves meet in the middle and bounce off of each other, dissipating into the air.

>"Awww! Come on!" Both of you yell in unison.

>> No.40317637

>>40317352
>>40317378
both those things were before dice, we can probably assume they just missed and Gobble added some flavor text for dramatic flare instead of Zappy Dan and Junior's Venonat both miss.

>> No.40317659

>>40317637
>denial

>> No.40317662

don't do it man just go to bed its 4 in the fucking morning

>> No.40317691

>>40317659
Denial my ass, butterfree literally misses, but just with added flavor text.

>> No.40317695

>>40317691
Yep. More denial.

>> No.40317726

>>40317662
Sorry.

>> No.40317729

>>40317695
that's what happened though, butterfree flew high and missed it's sleep powder.

>> No.40317741

>>40317729
Anon used the post to prove that wind affects sleep powder. Proving that moves like gust will also affect it.

>> No.40317750

>>40317741
And if Wind affects Sleep Powder then it's reasonable to assume that sound affects Sing.

>> No.40317790

>>40317750
>>40317741
that has nothing to do with the detrimental effects of stacking status effects themselves; you are fighting a periphery battle that has little to do with the actual argument..

>> No.40317807

>>40317790
It proves that Status moves themselves are easily countered. Which proves stacking status effects is not nearly as detrimental as you claim it is.

>> No.40317835

>>40317807
>It proves that Status moves themselves are easily countered. Which proves stacking status effects is not nearly as detrimental as you claim it is.

Then I would simply argue that with a little imagination any opponent can counter the counter; or that the counter is not nearly as effective as you think it would be.

>> No.40317853

>>40317835
>Then I would simply argue that with a little imagination any opponent can counter the counter
The point I've been trying to make all night. It's up the the skill and imagination of the trainer to effectively fight a battle. Not "You know move X so you win"

>> No.40317856

>>40317835
But then you can counter their counter counter and oh god let it end zzzzzz

>> No.40317869

>>40317835
Yay! He finally got it!!!! Pokemon battles are fluid ever changing things that are not set based on a single move combo like the games.

>> No.40317899

>>40317853
but i'm not arguing against that, i'm arguing against retconnng how status has worked previously and the implementation of stacked Status

>> No.40317912

>>40317899
You have no idea what you're arguing anymore.

>> No.40317917

>>40317912
I know exactly what i'm arguing for.

>> No.40317919

>>40317899
Why? if it was just proven to not be detrimental to the game why wouldn't you want it? It makes things more realistic and adds room for player craetivity.

>> No.40317992

>>40317919
because stacked status would absolutely change the game dynamic, everyone use safeguard first turn to avoid getting shit on. you keep acting like through GM fiat you can gust away any status because bullshit.

>> No.40318016

>>40317992
>everyone use safeguard first turn to avoid getting shit on
cept I just proved you don't have to.

And no, Gust won't work on everything, but everything will have it's own counters. It's up to us to both prepare properly and to think on our feet and adapt as they come.

>> No.40318034

>>40318016
it's going to turn the fucking quest into Acquisitions Inc. tier bullshit GM fiats to avoid getting blown the fuck out by Toxic+sleep

>> No.40318036

>>40318034
Wrong.

>> No.40318103

>>40318034
>Actually following Acquisitions Inc

You Filth

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
reCAPTCHA
Action