Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

/vt/ is now archived.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games

Search:


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
>> No.26878118 [View]
File: 72 KB, 436x412, m85246_nightlordsb.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
26878118

>>26877948
>So it was that twelve Battle-Brothers were ordered to strike at the Terrorclaw, to slay its master as penance for unrecorded transgressions. No one expected them to succeed, for they were outnumbered several hundred times over, yet the Sanguinor seemingly saw merit in their task and joined the fight at the moment their boarding torpedo crashed through the Battle Barge’s hull. Pausing only to grant his blessing to the sergeant in command of the sortie, he cut a bloody path through the Terrorclaw’s defenders, blazing through the vessel like a hot and angry wind.

>Tellingly, the Sanguinor’s actions that day did not grant his penitent Battle-Brothers an easy victory. Though their passage to the command deck was made upon the carpet of dismembered bodies and severed limbs left in the Sanguinor’s wake, the Blood Angels had to fight every step of the way against a crew of Chaos Space Marines, themselves hungry for vengeance. Though the quest was ultimately a success and the Captain of the Terrorclaw slain, only the sergeant survived and returned to Baal. The Sanguinor did therefore not accomplish the quest for his Battle-Brothers, but through his might and wrath he did render the impossible possible. The name of the sergeant has been lost from the records concerning the Terrorclaw, but Dante occasionally casts his mind back to those times, and with a slight smile recalls the sergeant’s renewed faith in his own skills, and of his Chapter’s mission.

>> No.25069645 [View]
File: 72 KB, 436x412, 1354339313454.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
25069645

>>25069606

Its can very loosly be explained in the fluff. Very loosly. But more importantly CSM are twice as good with plague marines so I want to run them

>> No.25050931 [View]
File: 72 KB, 436x412, 1354339313454.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
25050931

>>25050594

nah man 40k general.
I am thinking about painting up an army of CSM as Night Lords, winged hats and all. I want to model them to all float a little and my lord on his bike will have some wings making the thing glide or something and it will look great - but I am wondering how the fluff clashes if I am going to run everything with a mark of nurgle. The upgrade is great, if not neccicary, but I know night lords aren't huge fans of any of the chaos gods. Thoughts?

>> No.21830425 [View]
File: 72 KB, 436x412, m85246_nightlordsb.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
21830425

>921.M41 Marneus Calgar is ambushed by Night Lords whilst en route to the Darkhold battlezone. The Chapter Master's crippled vessel makes planetfall on the sparsely settled world of Barathred. Several hundred Chaos Space Marines make landing shortly thereafter, but Calgar rallies the planet's feudal population to defeat them.

>Catachan Bites Back 972.M41
>Chaos Lord Ratathrax of the Night Lords invades Catachan. Sending vast anti-plant barrages onto the planet, Ratathrax robs the Catachan Imperial Guard of their most natural defence before systematically bombing the bastion networks into rubble. Ratathrax makes planetfall to enjoy the butchery first hand. Unfortunately for him Colonel Straken, lying in ambush in a quagmire of toxic sludge, waits for Ratathrax to remove his helmet before throttling him with a poisonous barb-root.

>So it was that twelve Battle-Brothers were ordered to strike at the Terrorclaw, to slay its master as penance for unrecorded transgressions. No one expected them to succeed, for they were outnumbered several hundred times over, yet the Sanguinor seemingly saw merit in their task and joined the fight at the moment their boarding torpedo crashed through the Battle Barge’s hull. Pausing only to grant his blessing to the sergeant in command of the sortie, he cut a bloody path through the Terrorclaw’s defenders, blazing through the vessel like a hot and angry wind.
>Tellingly, the Sanguinor’s actions that day did not grant his penitent Battle-Brothers an easy victory. Though their passage to the command deck was made upon the carpet of dismembered bodies and severed limbs left in the Sanguinor’s wake, the Blood Angels had to fight every step of the way against a crew of Chaos Space Marines, themselves hungry for vengeance. Though the quest was ultimately a success and the Captain of the Terrorclaw slain, only the sergeant survived and returned to Baal.

They're not even Imperial Fists.

>> No.17236558 [View]
File: 72 KB, 436x412, m85246_nightlordsb.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17236558

I got your Night Lords fluff right here:

>921.M41 Marneus Calgar is ambushed by Night Lords whilst en route to the Darkhold battlezone. The Chapter Master's crippled vessel makes planetfall on the sparsely settled world of Barathred. Several hundred Chaos Space Marines make landing shortly thereafter, but Calgar rallies the planet's feudal population to defeat them.

>> No.13803312 [View]
File: 72 KB, 436x412, 11226475970.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13803312

I play Night Lords. Raptors with an Icon of Slaanesh will HURT

>> No.12740922 [View]
File: 72 KB, 436x412, 11226475970.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
12740922

bumppity bump bump

>> No.12395125 [View]
File: 72 KB, 436x412, 11226475970.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
12395125

>>12395098
So say Night Lords based in Necron Abyss would be a nono?

>> No.11911398 [View]
File: 72 KB, 436x412, 11226475970.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
11911398

40K beginner here. I plan on playing a 500 point list of Night Lords. I'm more or less basing them off of the WD259 Chapter Approved article. To make a long story short I've completed the list but I need to know one of the finer details about one of their rules.

First thing what is an "Infiltrator" and second what constitutes as a "Veteran Squad"? I imagine it's something like Elites or Chosen, am I correct?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but I'm more into painting and modeling than playing. Thank you in advance for your help, elegan/tg/entlemen.

>> No.11456898 [View]
File: 72 KB, 436x412, m85246_nightlordsb.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
11456898

>>11456815
>Marneus Calgar is ambushed by Night Lords whilst en route to the Darkhold battlezone. The Chapter Master's crippled vessel makes planetfall on the sparsely settled world of Barathred. Several hundred Chaos Space Marines make landing shortly thereafter, but Calgar rallies the planet's feudal population to defeat them.

Dem peasants, man. Dem fucking peasants.

>> No.11412062 [View]
File: 72 KB, 436x412, m85246_nightlordsb.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
11412062

How about some chaos space marines

>> No.10955235 [View]
File: 72 KB, 436x412, 11226475970.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
10955235

Night Lords player here. I've finally got some money to spend and I plan on buying Raptors. I don't really like the metal set as it seems too expensive and the figures look off to me.

Is it ok to buy a regular Chaos Space Marines set (the one that comes with the ten guys) and just get some Loyalist jump-packs for five? That way I can have five extra Chaos Marines for whatever.

>> No.9094467 [View]
File: 72 KB, 436x412, m85246_nightlordsb.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9094467

Since we're on the topic of rules can anyone give me a page of the most recent errata for Night Lords?

The rules I've been using are from 2001 in White Dwarf. My gaming group is fine with this, but I'd like to stay consistent with the current rules.

Thanks in advance!

>> No.8884418 [View]
File: 72 KB, 436x412, m85246_nightlordsb.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8884418

>>8884411
And besides, it could be worse...

>> No.8717165 [View]
File: 72 KB, 436x412, m85246_nightlordsb.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8717165

I BELIEVE I CAN FLY

>> No.8639533 [View]
File: 72 KB, 436x412, m85246_nightlordsb.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8639533

>>8637983
So then what is it exactly that Abaddon's supposed to have been trying to do? Is every Black Crusade an attempt to destroy the Imperium in one go? Because that's not the impression I had.

And anyway, it's not like the Night Lords are in any position to be accusing others of failure. Guys were beaten by fucking peasants.

>> No.8602907 [View]
File: 72 KB, 436x412, m85246_nightlordsb.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8602907

>>8602880
I AM THE NIGHT

>> No.8450289 [View]
File: 72 KB, 436x412, m85246_nightlordsb.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8450289

I AM THE NIGHT



Navigation
View posts [+24] [+48] [+96]