Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games

Search:


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
>> No.55743307 [View]
File: 45 KB, 288x402, kucharski_3knights.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
55743307

>>55743241
I'm pretty atheistic too, but goddamn do I love playing a Paladin like any one of the Swords of The Cross from The Dresden Files. despite a lot of the terribleness that is in those books all <strike>three</strike> four of them are paladins done fucking right.

>> No.54442524 [View]
File: 45 KB, 288x402, Knights of the Cross.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
54442524

>>54442455
I like dropping them into a game because it immediately and fundamentally changes the cosmos. Now you don't just have people touched by things outside the material plane, you've got a literal lineage of pure Good in the world.

>> No.51959281 [View]
File: 45 KB, 288x402, kucharski_3knights.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
51959281

Mono-class parties, anyone else like playing in them. being part of a paladin order, barbarian horde, thieve's guild, etc, can make for some really fun gameplay and can provide some pretty good plot hooks, though the DM usually has to cater the encounters for the group.

>> No.50025640 [View]
File: 45 KB, 288x402, Knights of the Cross.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50025640

>>50015291
>>50017678
I thought they were explicitly agents who worked to counter the Denarians, and prevent them from taking away free will? The Knights do all kinds of stuff because heroes, but dealing the Denarians is the actual job description.

The run could be a raid on an agent of Thomas Roxborough, who just purchased one of the Coins in a plan to use it's magic (which he doesn't understand fully) to get his body back

>> No.44378152 [View]
File: 45 KB, 288x402, kucharski_3knights.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
44378152

>Cosplay as a knight of the cross.
>use the power of the one true Lord to cleave and smite evil.
>???
>prophet

This scenario reminds me greatly of the Halloween episode from season two of Buffy: the Vampire Slayer.

>> No.42487418 [View]
File: 45 KB, 288x402, kucharski_3knights.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42487418

This is how I Paladin

>> No.42287127 [View]
File: 45 KB, 288x402, kucharski_3knights.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42287127

This is how I paladin.

>> No.41954671 [View]
File: 45 KB, 288x402, kucharski_3knights.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
41954671

Fiction or real characters that inspire how you play. Mine is Michael Carpenter, I try to play all of my paladins like him. Hell I strive to be that good IRL.

>> No.40034397 [View]
File: 45 KB, 288x402, kucharski_3knights.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
40034397

The best depiction of how a paladin should be are these guys right here. Michael Carpenter is who I base my paladins off of specifically.

>> No.35903390 [View]
File: 45 KB, 288x402, knightsofthecross.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
35903390

>>35899641
>2014. Not knowing what the new standard for a Paladin is.

>> No.35515352 [View]
File: 45 KB, 288x402, knights of the cross.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
35515352

>>35515269

Indeed. Probably the best paladin archetype out there.

>> No.23645437 [View]
File: 45 KB, 288x402, knightsofthecross.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23645437

>>23645198
This, coupled with

E: Tell every bard in the area the truth of what happened and why,
then go for D, making sure to return and gift 50-75% of my lootings to the man's family so that they are not left without support.
Also, talk to my old friends who I used to live with in the city slums, and just casually mention I consider the man's family to be my extended family. And I tend to be protective of my family.

After game, point and laugh at the DM because he's so edgy and "mature" he has to resort to this bumblefuckery any time I want to just play an upstanding guy.

>> No.23536946 [View]
File: 45 KB, 288x402, Knights of the Cross.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23536946

OP, you are wrong.

I give you, The Knights of the Cross.

Three holy men appointed by God to seek out the wicked and deliver justice, each bearing a sword with one of the nails from the Crucifixion, capital C, embedded in its hilt, swords named for Faith, Hope, and Love.

They are bro-tier and fantastic examples of what a Lawful Good character should be.

And they suffer beautifully for it, because Butcher is a fucker like that.

But yeah they're basically fantastic. Michael is a legitimately righteous man who honestly holds enough love in his heart for all mankind but is not afraid to set upon the wicked with serious fuckin' fury, Shiro is a goddamn Holy Samurai such that he inspires fear in a literally immortal man who sold his soul to a demon and renamed himself Nicodemus Archleone, a man who regularly burns the libraries of the Vatican for shits and giggles, and Sanya is a boisterous Russian agnostic who doesn't know if he's been appointed by God, but does know that he's doing the Right Thing and intends to Keep On Truckin' with his holy sword because, now that he's been given this power, it would be selfish not to use it for other people.

By the way, the swords? Fidelacchius, Esperachius, and Amoracchius? They're Kusanagi, Durendal, and Excalibur respectively.

>> No.23508317 [View]
File: 45 KB, 288x402, Knights of the Cross.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23508317

>>23508274
Level 21 Paladin of Christ, Level 15 Paladin of Christ, Level 12 Paladin of Christ.

>> No.23468430 [View]
File: 45 KB, 288x402, Knights of the Cross.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23468430

>>23463035
Pic related is how I Paladin.

Actually it has a lot of great points on alignment.

>> No.23231359 [View]
File: 45 KB, 288x402, Knights of the Cross.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23231359

>>23231349
Or like this?

>> No.23184512 [View]
File: 45 KB, 288x402, Knights of the Cross.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23184512

The Knights of the Cross - Lawful Good Paladins.

>> No.23096600 [View]
File: 45 KB, 288x402, Knights of the Cross.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23096600

This is how I Paladin.

Ladies and gentlemen, the Knights of The Cross. Three holy men appointed by God to seek out the wicked and deliver justice, each bearing a sword with one of the nails from the Crucifixion, capital C, embedded in its hilt, swords named for Love, Loyalty, and Faith.

They are bro-tier and fantastic examples of what a Lawful Good character should be.

And they suffer beautifully for it, because Butcher is a fucker like that.

But yeah they're basically fantastic. Michael is a legitimately righteous man who honestly holds enough love in his heart for all mankind but is not afraid to set upon the wicked with serious fuckin' fury, Shiro is a goddamn Holy Samurai such that he inspires fear in a literally immortal man who sold his soul to a demon and renamed himself Nicodemus Archeleone, a man who regularly burns the libraries of the Vatican for shits and giggles, and Sasha is a boisterous Russian agnostic who doesn't know if he's been appointed by God, but does know that he's doing the Right Thing and intends to Keep On Truckin' with his holy sword because, now that he's been given this power, it would be selfish not to use it for other people.

>> No.23023292 [View]
File: 45 KB, 288x402, Knights of the Cross.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
23023292

"Holy shit, hellhounds."
"Harry, you know I hate it when you swear."
"Oh, sorry Michael. Holy shit, heckhounds."

Ladies and gentlemen, the Knights of The Cross. Three holy men appointed by God to seek out the wicked and deliver justice, each bearing a sword with one of the nails from the Crucifixion, capital C, embedded in its hilt, swords named for Love, Loyalty, and Faith.

They are bro-tier and fantastic examples of what a Lawful Good character should be.

And they suffer beautifully for it, because Butcher is a fucker like that.

But yeah they're basically fantastic. Michael is a legitimately righteous man who honestly holds enough love in his heart for all mankind but is not afraid to set upon the wicked with serious fuckin' fury, Shiro is a goddamn Holy Samurai such that he inspires fear in a literally immortal man who sold his soul to a demon and renamed himself Nicodemus Archeleone, a man who regularly burns the libraries of the Vatican for shits and giggles, and Sasha is a boisterous Russian agnostic who doesn't know if he's been appointed by God, but does know that he's doing the Right Thing and intends to Keep On Truckin' with his holy sword because, now that he's been given this power, it would be selfish not to use it for other people.

>> No.21857983 [View]
File: 45 KB, 288x402, knightsofthecross.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
21857983

>>21854602
Oh hello, we heard you had some knights in need of examples in gallantry, strength, honor and nobility.

>> No.20002993 [View]
File: 45 KB, 288x402, Knights of the Cross.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
20002993

>>20002629

>Implying that an obsessed playboy millionaire and his brood are paladins.

Learn how to Modern Paladin



Navigation
View posts [+24] [+48] [+96]