Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games

Search:


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
>> No.41827164 [View]
File: 25 KB, 300x425, Rose Tinted Glasses.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
41827164

>>41819943
No, it would be a pretty good example of the old days if it was half fullblown furries and half >>41824808

>> No.31792796 [View]
File: 25 KB, 300x425, Rose Tinted Glasses.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31792796

>>31792567
Time spiral was probably the best set in recent times.

I'm most likely being heavily influenced by nostalgia, but fuck yeah dominaria.

>> No.27180591 [View]
File: 25 KB, 300x425, Rose Tinted Glasses.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
27180591

>>27180540
>GW used to care too and would include fancy conversions and different poses and interesting shots in those pictures
Most of the images in any codex is going to be stock 'eavy metal. All the way back to 2nd ed.

>> No.21136531 [View]
File: 25 KB, 300x425, Rose Tinted Glasses.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
21136531

>>21136499
>3.5
>"best" 40k
>balanced
Neither are true. It was less obviously broken than 2nd edition, but balanced it was not.

>7th edition fantasy
>best fantasy
>balanced
Look, it really wasn't the case.

Nostalgia dulls the painful memories.

>> No.20837713 [View]
File: 25 KB, 300x425, Rose Tinted Glasses.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
20837713

>>20837697
No, not really.

>> No.19100413 [View]
File: 25 KB, 300x425, Rose Tinted Glasses.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
19100413

>>19100381
>We used to be so much more civilised.
no, "we" didn't

don't try to take the high ground here

>> No.18937550 [View]
File: 25 KB, 300x425, Rose Tinted Glasses.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
18937550

>>18937524
>seriously implying /tg/ is any better or worse now than it was previously

>> No.18644819 [View]
File: 25 KB, 300x425, Rose Tinted Glasses.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
18644819

>>18644228
>Because pewter minis are an age-old technique and they came out right the first time.
They did not. And metal has it's fair share of problems even years after it's induction, mostly related to shifted and deteriorating molds and lazy quality control (just like.. finecast). Finecast isn't perfect, but then again what it replaced wasn't perfect either.

>Finecast is a poorly conceived money-grub that has yet to produce any models that aren't flawed.
How edgy of you. In terms of actual material, finecast is pretty fantastic for modellers. And I've seen enough GW kits to know that the quality issues are not because of a change in material but because of their own casting methods. Like pewter (and plastic, really) they'll get better at it, but some issues will remain.

Since Customer Service has always been good on replacing models (of any material) that don't make the cut, I'll evaluate finecast on it's own merits. I'll call "money grub" when they stop taking returns and jack up the prices well in excess of the rest of the market.

>> No.18610907 [View]
File: 25 KB, 300x425, Rose Tinted Glasses.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
18610907

>>18610884
>rarity in the set symbol
>even having a symbol

>> No.18583526 [View]
File: 25 KB, 300x425, Rose Tinted Glasses.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
18583526

>>18583499
Don't kid yourself, most of the white dwarf content was also marines

The release schedule is fine, and the amount of non-marine codices has steadily been increasing. Yeah, we lost the Craftworld Eldar book.. but in return there's been Tau, Necron and Daemons of Chaos codices released. The only new marine book since 2nd edition? Black Templars.

>I'm counting DH/Grey Knights and WH/Sisters as wildcards, as they are about as far removed from "traditional" MeQ armies as you can get

>> No.18098601 [View]
File: 25 KB, 300x425, Rose Tinted Glasses.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
18098601

>best dragon
>not Rathi Dragon or Two Headed Dragon
Lightning Dragon is third best, tied with Shivan Dragon

my decisions are entirely influenced by notsalgia. Bear in mind I consider the Invasion Dragon Legends and the Elder Dragons from Legends as something separate from "regular" dragons

>> No.17962943 [View]
File: 25 KB, 300x425, Rose Tinted Glasses.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17962943

>>17962867
>I remember back in the day when every troll thread held the nugget of possibility for something fucking AMAZING to come out of it.
picture related

not much has changed, for better or ill.

>> No.17867440 [View]
File: 25 KB, 300x425, 1319222803370.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17867440

>>17866011
http://www.wizards.com/magic/comprules/MagicCompRules_20120201.txt

Nothing ambiguous about those rules.

If you're confused or want aid with a specific card go to the gatherer and look up the card itself and there are generally specifics for said card. However, all those 'specific rules' are each derived from the above link.

>> No.17788938 [View]
File: 25 KB, 300x425, Rose Tinted Glasses.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
17788938

>>17788910
>People taking a blantant troll thread like the infamous elf slave hurr durr and responding in a deadpan serious tone would lead to some amazing derailments, and everyone else except the rule/sagefags got a good laugh.
and you can still do that.

But you're romanticizing things. No, every blatant troll thread did not turn into some super magical "oh /tg/" derailment. Most of them were, in fact full of mad and shitspam.. just like they are now.

>Or the old xcom stream threads that had a huge following were allowed to exist, and all the faggots saging and reporting couldn't do anything about people having fun.
..just like the Jagged Alliance threads now?

>> No.16968883 [View]
File: 25 KB, 300x425, Rose Tinted Glasses.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
16968883

>orkamorka was made back when gw was about fun, not profits
no, it was still about profits then. They had less competition at the time, so could afford to be adventurous

>> No.16723128 [View]
File: 25 KB, 300x425, Rose Tinted Glasses.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
16723128

>>16723107
mix in a dash of;
>Those bad dudes I told you about on the last page? Yeah, they were pretty bad dudes. No one knows why they're such bad dudes, but everyone knows that they're bad dudes
and you have every piece of 40k fluff ever

>> No.16697566 [View]
File: 25 KB, 300x425, Rose Tinted Glasses.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
16697566

>>16696694
>What's his face who has a Deamon weapon? Because.
You mean Grimnar? Or Robute? Or..

>Khornite Knights? Because.
because religion and faith NEVER deal with blood or sacrifice, right?

>It's a childish reason for EVERYTHING.
no more or less childish than they were in 3rd edition.

>> No.16374690 [View]
File: 25 KB, 300x425, Rose Tinted Glasses.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
16374690

>>16374647
"classic" /tg/ came with a lot of shit

"modern" /tg/ has some good stuff in it

>> No.16284968 [View]
File: 25 KB, 300x425, Rose Tinted Glasses.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
16284968

>>16284920
in your opinion.

I disagree, but that's that. I'm very biased towards second edition.

>> No.15314665 [View]
File: 25 KB, 300x425, Rose Tinted Glasses.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
15314665

>people bitching about retcons as if they're a new thing to the previously "completely coherent" and "well written" 40k lore
every new codex, the same thing happens

every new codex, people act surprised that the contents actually change

why? 40k fluff has NEVER been consistent. EVERY new edition has had retcons. EVERY. FUCKING. BOOK.

Yeah, some of the new fluff is derp. But you know what? So was the old fluff.

And guess what? The so-called "old" fluff? THAT WAS A RETCON TOO

GODAMN.

>> No.13233047 [View]
File: 25 KB, 300x425, sunglasses_of_urza.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
13233047

>>13232997
I dropped out before Mirroden finished (before Darksteel)

started with.. visions? maybe.. it was a long time ago, it blends together

I preferred the old playstyle. Less on individual card strength, more on synergy. But my glasses may be affecting my judgment



Navigation
View posts [+24] [+48] [+96]