[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 572 KB, 683x1024, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9962644 No.9962644[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Why aren't you on ritalin yet /sci/?

>The studies reviewed here show that single doses of MPH improve cognitive performance in the healthy population in the domains of working memory (65% of included studies) and speed of processing (48%), and to a lesser extent may also improve verbal learning and memory (31%), attention and vigilance (29%) and reasoning and problem solving (18%), but does not have an effect on visual learning and memory.

It's the future. We have drugs that make you smarter.

>> No.9962658

>>9962644
Im already an industrious man, so why take it?

>> No.9962665

I already am, but it's not a magic 'make you smarter' drug, different people get different results for it as far as benefits and unwanted side effects go.
Not to mention that if you don't have ADD/ADHD actively getting in your way there's absolutely no reason to use it.
The side effects (even if you're like me and they're pretty minor) kind of suck, you have less of an appetite, sweat like you're actively running (especially in humid climates) and you feel very excited all the time if you don't have anywhere to channel it.

>> No.9962724

I already am too, anon. Makes me able to achieve what I want and focus on what's important.

Side effects are a bitch, though. I can get overexcited and if I don't control myself I can think I'm going to die from [insert random bullshit here]

But for me it's a lifesaver. It doesn't make you smarter. It makes you more capable of using your brain if you have trouble focusing and prioritizing.

>> No.9962954

Bump because the topic is interesting

>> No.9963018
File: 20 KB, 399x489, 1522041745089.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9962644
I can't get a prescription. My psychiatrist is super autistic about giving me anything other than lithium even though he said he was going to augment it with wellbutrin months ago to help with my "apathy" and cognitive impairment but he never did.

>> No.9963022

>>9962644
Methamphetamine does all of these things and more in low doses, and its way cheaper then a script for rits.

>> No.9963063

>>9962644
Coz it got me damag brian

>> No.9963079

>>9962644
Amphetamine use can lead to man boobs.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2860825/

There are no free lunches. No medication is without side effects, and while man boobs may be a rare occurrence, notice the mechanism through which amphetamines cause gynecomastia is listed as “unkown”. This is because, contrary to popular belief, medical science is still pretty much in its infancy. There are processes in the body that we dont yet understand, and most doctors are just guessing at what drugs do to you. Truth is, nobody really knows what these drugs actually do, they just know they help people focus, and thats good enough for them. Amphetamines speed you up, and im positive that they cant do that without some cost. Maybe its cancer, maybe its Alzheimers, maybe its just an early death, but im not particularly interested in finding out first hand.

Thats why i dont do amphetamines. Stick to things that grow in the ground, they may not be 100% safe either, but at least we have thousands of years of experience with what they do to humans.

>> No.9963090

Lions mane, LSA and psilocybin microdose, adrafinil, valproic acid and a /sip/ I've found to be the best results for productivity and retention for a 5am-5pm study sesh with four half hour breaks
Experiment with lots of different things we're all wired differently. Ritalin, Meth microdose and mdma microdose wasn't effective for me. Just wanted to fuck and run around even at pathetic dosages