[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 359 KB, 500x375, 1377868468678.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9941051 No.9941051[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

You ever just get sick of existing? Like WHats the point of even getting out of bed?

>> No.9941052

yeah all the time

>> No.9941069

>>9941051
DAMN, I have no fucking time to sleep!!!

>> No.9941132

>>9941052
I've always felt this way but now a days its getting worse. i know smarter men than me have though the same things
>>9941069
What drives you?

If anyone has anything i can read on this subject. I'd appreciate it.

>> No.9941188

>>9941051
there is no point, and it's kind of cool. We live pretty ok these days as a species, learn something new. Don't you have some sort of passion?

>> No.9941189

You only get one shot at life, so you might as well experience it, for better or for worse.
If life ultimately doesn't matter, why not experience it to the fullest?

>> No.9941211

>>9941051
so i can impregnate a female and add more high iq people to the gene pool. before i die i want to take out a few low iq people, as in go to africa and kill some congoids

>> No.9941285

>>9941051
You sound like a religious that realized theres no God's master plan.

Yeah theres is no point, so? Just do stuff for the sake of it. Is better than to be depressed at least

>> No.9941295

>>9941285
Not the same person but what is the point if there is no change in a closed system. You are just lying to yourself. Infact being depressed is no different than being happy your presets are just different so since it is the same if you equate that both has a value in a direction it is kinda worthless. So why even try at best you might do something praise worthy and tell yourself how good it is when in reality its just empty as evrything else.

>> No.9941308

>>9941051
I have been sick of life since I was 10, everyday is just more retardation. 26 now and i'm still not sure what it is about life many people seem to think is so great.

>> No.9941352
File: 402 KB, 2250x858, singularity1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9941051
The possibility of surviving past the technological singularity is the only reason I haven't committed suicide.

>> No.9941365

>>9941051
>>9941295
We are meaning making machines, there is no meaning without us. If there is no point, make a point. In other words, do your damned job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDvN-g-3SxI

>> No.9941395

>>9941365
You derived at this statement with the help of circular functions more specificaly.

I think i XXX so it must be XXX.

>> No.9941414

>>9941395
C'est la vie.

>> No.9941418

>>9941051
Well, I've thought quite a lot about this issue and got to the conclusion that I'm meant to use or enjoy whatever life has available for me, even if it's hard getting it (available as in "reachable"). My existence will have no impact on the universe as a whole, perhaps here I could be the guy that improves society and die with glory, but that will be an impact just on humans and the universe still won't bother with my presence or my actions.
The problem, at least to me, is that I'm trying to live as a "commoner", but I'm not getting much success. Each day I feel more left out, more alone. All I have is a potentially good career ahead, but the pleasure that nature rewards us with social prosperity, which is biologically made to feel the best, I don't have. I have one friend that currently doesn't have much time for me (which is to be expected, since he's achieved social success) and on work/college I can't form good friendships, but shallow ones. Not even mentioning my love life, that my last potential partner left me for one of my colleagues.
Anyway, life has a meaning, which is that that nature programmed you for, which does not imply that you can't go further and create new goals and such. Still, having a goal or living to fulfill your role assigned by nature won't really give you a meaningful or pleasant life. Either you deal with it and keep on going, maybe to satisfy your curiosity of what might happen, or you finish yourself and get your so desired infinite rest, if such thing exists, of course.

--
Sorry for this depressive blog post, by the way...