[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 53 KB, 2352x713, mars sunset.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
992622 No.992622 [Reply] [Original]

/sci/

My sister is like a cool friend. Passionate arguments about science, the future, alien civilisations break out all the time. We will make a good team.

She's going to study astronomy. I'm interested in ALL science. Yet it'd be great if we both had fields that worked together. Both learning and using our combined minds.

Mathematics is on my mind right now. How useful is this for astrophysics?

pic; Mars sunset. People will live there one day if we don't squander our billions years old legacy on pointless self destruction.

>> No.992637

Needs sweet imouto loving

>> No.992641

i wish anyone in my family had the will to talk to me about science like you described with your sister, sadly my father was raised catholic (strict like nuns hitting you on the hand with rulers if you got caught talking to a girl) and my mother was raised southern baptist (YOU'RE GOING TO HELL) this has seemed to rub off onto my younger sister who is all into the church life

it was pretty cool having a religious debate with the pastor from their church tho

>> No.992661

For astronomy? Not very useful.
For astrophysics? Very useful.

>> No.992793

>>992661
eh? Isn't astrophysics a big part of astronomy?

>> No.992818

Damn I wish I had a sister like that. My brother is into making money online & telekinesis ....

>> No.992823

Dear god, tell her to do something more marketable & astronomize as a hobby. It'll make life so much easier..

>> No.992839

Optics. Watch the movie '400 years of the telescope'. Every great technological advancement in optics has created huge advancements in astronomy.

>> No.992844

Post pix or she doesn't exist.

>> No.992872

>>992823
How about no. Follow your dreams.

>> No.992881

>>992872
Hope she marries a rich guy then

>> No.992908

You could do biology. Today I worked on some terrestial data from a bio lady from NASA in the hopes that it'll help us pinpoint probable areas on mars to look for life. Also, astrobiology.