[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 220 KB, 640x426, Beautiful-amazing-great-Abstract-music-tool-psychedelic-music-bands-alex-grey-10000-days-red-face-pattern.jpg_640x640.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9925442 No.9925442 [Reply] [Original]

What is /sci/'s opinion on the psychedelic experience? Do you feel like there is any significance to it?

>> No.9925654

>>9925442
Significance in terms of what? What are you even asking?

>> No.9925663

no

I finished up what I had left of my DMT last night (60mg+) and it was just like all the other typical experiences I've had prior with it; mediocre. I've abused hundreds of grams of DXM in the past, so I presume I am no longer capable of experiencing a "break through trip"

>> No.9925668

not really.

>> No.9925674

>>9925442
It's fun

>> No.9925711

best orgasms ever

>> No.9925739

>>9925442
If there's a genuine intent to experience truth and love and healing, ime they can help the user move in that direction. When it comes to healing, releasing the anchor of fear/trauma can be a rough and ongoing multi trip ride. It seems to be necessary to experience the learning phase though.

>> No.9925776
File: 43 KB, 407x587, tumblr_owgp0sSGJA1vb9p8uo1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9925442
Qualia, calibration, and cognitive recombination. DMT is bio-synthesized through egg whites, S-adenosyl methionine, and vitamin B12.

>> No.9925812

>>9925663

Do you mind sharing some of your DXM experiences, anon? My friends and I bought 2 bottles of robitussin one night out of complete boredom and I drank 2 of them within like a 10 minute window. It was very literally the most fucked up I've ever been off any drug... ever. And I've taken shrooms LSD etc. I cant even begin to describe my experience with it I just remember it being a roller coaster of extremely positive and extremely negative emotions.

I will never touch that shit again

>> No.9925838

>>9925663
DMT/DXM, seriously? lol No wonder you get mediocre results. That's a literal moron's drug. The only ones worse are nutmeg then datura.

>> No.9925875

>>9925442
i found that my best psychedelic experiences were on shrooms. one time, i went on a bike ride, a walk with a buddy, went to my room alone and wrote my thoughts on note cards (which later didn't add up to much like i quote "being is circular") stared at leaves and bugs and really appreciated them, and thought about life and how beautiful it was, and realizing that i always think in language but that language binds your thought process to ideas others have already defined

[let me make a follow-up post with a second, and more important shrooms experience]

LSD made me a bit paranoid and thinking that the world was set up by god to test me and if i passed the test then some higher reality would be revealed to me (and i'm an agnostic btw)

ketamine was crazy, just being cut off from the world and sent into the void of your mind. total dissociation. small doses are fun though and it's like one of those experiences where you're sitting there and you're like "what the fuck???" over nothing and start laughing uncontrollably for no reason

DXM was similar but less intense, like i could close my eyes and start having super vivid imagination stuff like riding on magic carpets, but still get up and walk like a robot to the bathroom

the worst thing though was salvia. salvia made me feel like gravity was going another direction, and when i held onto something to catch my balance i felt like i was swinging on the axis of what i was holding, and started getting pushed through some layers of what felt like plastic bags, and then i was ripped into some other space, and then i looked around and my friends were still sitting there but i was convinced i'd entered an alternate universe. and this was when it was over. it took me like 10 minutes to convince myself i was still in the same universe. very uncomfortable.

>> No.9925880

>>9925875
[follow up post with meaningful shrooms experience]

another time on shrooms was actually enlightening. i was on vacation in europe with my girlfriend and i took probably a little too many shrooms since i wasn't really aware that being in a foreign country made me a little uncomfortable. then when we were walking around, we got lost a bit, and i started having a bit of panic that the shrooms amplified. but then i decided to sit down and just calm down, and while i was doing that and staring out at this foreign european place, i started to think "i'm the person who's responsible for myself now, i'm alone in this place and i have to be the guy who makes sure my girlfriend and myself are safe..." it was a touching, sort of heart-wrenching experience to come to terms with that i'm the adult now and i'm alone and don't have my parents taking care of me any more... i'd never really thought about it like that before (i was 22 at the time)

so i guess in summary, psychedelic experiences gave me more appreciation for small things and more awareness of how my own mind works... and it led me to some experiences that helped me come to terms with the reality of life and grow up a bit instead of staying in my own ignorance / mental bubbles

>> No.9925883

>>9925880
>>9925875
See as someone who hasn't done this kind of thing, ever, this is why I think you people are bumbling retards.

>> No.9925887

>>9925883
you'd have to try it to understand just how hard it is to describe the experiences on psyches. not who you're responding to btw.

I've done acid a handful of times now, with only 1 really bad trip due to a miscalculation in dosage (thought I was taking ~240-280ug, it was closer to 400) but the very first trip I had was such a life changing experience to me and it cured my decade long depression

>> No.9925889

>>9925883
And us who have done them, think it's pretty sad to miss out on it, i'm sorry for you.

>> No.9925892

>>9925875
>>9925880
pretty much sounds like the experiences i've had with the drugs you listed

>>9925883
What a sad person