[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 427 KB, 1279x719, see you in space.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9864296 No.9864296 [Reply] [Original]

Thoughts on this Article?
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-07-12/trump-s-space-force-will-guard-u-s-from-above-nasa-chief-says
Does this mean a permanent Moon Base?

>> No.9864325

>>9864296
I think what it all means is "We are becoming leery about trusting private contractors for or launch capacity, and we are definitely not easy with trusting the people who run companies and are demonstrably vulnerable to being pushed around by activists who don't like military stuff to stand up for us... and don't get us started on security concerns..."

So, I suspect, we're not so much looking at any increased capacity as we are looking at getting some capacity back in their own hands

>> No.9864407

>>9864296
>Does this mean a permanent Moon Base?
What part of "a permanent presence on the moon" in the first sentence did you not understand?

>> No.9864433

>Magapedes thinking they are getting a real space force

Lmao, it's just going to be a reorganisation of existing space based assets. 21 billion dollars? That buys you jack shit from defense contractors, they can't seem to manage to build one single rocket using more or less existing parts for more than a decade, there is no way the same cunts are building you moon bases, space marine power armour and battleships, give me a fucking break.

>> No.9864516

>>9864433
>he's still asshurt

>> No.9864521

>>9864516
Asshurt about what? There is nothing to be asshurt about because it's literally nothing. Stay delusion fellow pede.