[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 19 KB, 560x315, Carpe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9841961 No.9841961 [Reply] [Original]

If you believe in vaccine, shouldn't it give you immunity? If you vacc your kids, then your kids should be immune. Why jam yourselves into other people's personal freedom, let them do whatever and if there's an ebola outbreak they'll die first

>> No.9841963

Because it delegitimizes science by allowing alternate science bullshit.

>> No.9841966

>>9841961
Herd immunity.
OP is a massively uninformed faggot or trolling faggot.
/thread.

>> No.9841969

>>9841961
People hate anti-vaccine people because they're
>Endangering their children
>Endangering people who couldn't receive vaccines due to various medical issues

What protects the second listed group is the herd immunity acting as a barrier to the disease. If too many people opt out from vaccines then children of parents who would've otherwise vaccinated then the herd vaccination doesn't work.

>> No.9841976

>anti-vac people are usually just a bunch of pissed off catholic moms
>you have little to no proof that vaccines are bad
>you're denying a shit load advancements made in the medical field since about 1796

>> No.9841990

>>9841966
>>9841969
Technically, that doesn't proof OP wrong. Pro vacciner here

>> No.9842002

>>9841976
It's not Catholics, it's new age spiritualists who buy into every herbal remedy.

>> No.9842004

>>9841990
Because people hate seeing children needlessly endangered especially when the person doing the endangering is trying to spin it like they're actually grand protectors and won't shut the fuck up about it. If they just stopped vaccinating and called it a day then they'd have as much focus as vegetarians but they have be like vegans about it.

>> No.9842008

>>9841961
Consider two societies:
Society 1
>10,000 people
>Has disease X
>distributes vaccine for disease X, everyone gets vaccinated
>disease is wiped out

Society 2
>10,000 people
>has disease X
>distributes vaccine for X, 9,900 people get vaccinated
>disease continues to infect and reinfect the remaining 100, surviving in them
>eventually develops resistance to the vaccine
>whole society now has to deal with disease X again

>> No.9842010

You don’t have a right to endanger your child’s life. They are helpless and cannot make the call themselves.

>> No.9842021

because it puts lives at risk. even libertarians should be on board with vaccination, not getting vaccines violates the NAP

>> No.9842027

>>9841990
>Technically, that doesn't proof OP wrong.
Yes, it does. See next paragraphs.

>>9841961
>If you believe in vaccine, shouldn't it give you immunity?
There are some factor to take into account, to be vaccinated does not directly guarantee immunity. That's the reason why some vaccine have to be repeated (for example MMR is repeated because only 90% get immunity after the first vaccination, which grows to a 98% with the second one).

Another factor, and another reason for the repetition of the vaccines, is that the effect of some vaccine "wash out" with time. This is the case of polio, diphtheria or tetanus.

And that's the reason why herd immunity is very important.

>> No.9842031

>>9841990
OP being identified (correctly) as being either massively uninformed or a troll does, in fact, go a long way towards indicating that he is wrong.

Incidentally, sage is a wonderful spice and should be used when appropriate. I think I'll use some now.

>> No.9842033

>>9842021
I should probably know what NAP is, but I don't.

>> No.9842035

>>9842033
Nobody does

>> No.9842102

>>9841976
lol no. anti vaccers are overwhelmingly liberal NIMBY's hippy types. their energy crystals will protect their kids.

>> No.9842126

>>9842021
As a libertarian, I'm okay with making people get vaccinated if they're going to be a part of society. Same with environmental regulations. It basically comes down to "Where does your air end, and mine begin?" and since we can't answer that, there is room for regulation. If you can force your kid to live in a bubble however, then by all means, forego a vaccination

>> No.9842134

My wife is allergic to chicken's albumina protein. There are many vaccines that are produced in chicken eggs/embryos, therefore she can't receive them unless she wants a massive anaphylactic shock.

Vaccinate your kids, motherfucker. I don't want to be a widower because your fucking unvaccinated children vectorized a deadly but easily preventable pathogen to my cannot-be-vaccinated wife.

>> No.9842139
File: 241 KB, 932x944, 1528929469881.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9841961
>Why are intelligent people triggered by non-intelligent people ?

>> No.9842160

>>9841961
Just a combination of general leftists tendencies: the idea of a big state comforts them (they hate freedom), and having "science" on their side makes them feel like they're intelligent (which is quite a rare even for the average pro-vaccine propagandist).

>> No.9842169

>tfw I don't have a small pox vaccination scar on my arm because the previous generation, despite all their faults, weren't stupid enough to be antivax
Any potential short term risk is immediately washed out by the potential long term benefit of just getting rid of that disease as a threat to humanity forever.
Being anti vaccination is like being the person in the black plague telling everyone to kill every cat they could find because they were familiars of the devil and spreading the plague with evil magic.

>> No.9842171

>>9841961
herd immunity and the general idea of feelings trumping evidence.

A thread died for this

>> No.9842176

>>9842033
Non agression principle. It's a NAP meme and violating the NAP means you can launch your mcNukes(tm)

>> No.9842181

>>9841961
There is a minority of people who truly cannot receive certain vaccinations because of allergies, and these people rely entirely on herd immunity.

>> No.9842186

>>9842176
meant AnCap meme

>> No.9842217

>>9841969
This. Also anti-vaxxers are dirty stores of human diseases that would die off if everyone were vaccinated

>> No.9842366

>>9841961
Nah, I think we should all consider being anti-vac now. A good plague would do the world wonders. The dumb don't care for themselves very well and thus will be the first to go. Then perhaps after the plague everyone who questioned science will see its benefits.

>> No.9842372

>>9842008
This is a very concise portrayal of the issue with anti vaccination. Should be made into a youtube video.

>> No.9842383

>>9842366
Modern medicine is pretty amazing, even excluding antibiotics and vaccines. All a plague would do is cost a lot of money. There would not be a bubonic plague tier die-off.

>> No.9842395

>>9842160
>>9842160
You know you're being willfully ignorant and biased, right? See the thing is that antivaccination is embraced by both left and right. In truth, the left embraces it in greater numbers these days (it was left wing hollywood types that popularized it). Look at California and how the coastal area had the most exemptions to get vaccinated. If you want to be this biased then recognized then you should be provaccination otherwise the left antivaxxers win.

>> No.9842425

>>9842383
Im going burst your bubble. Medical science is pretty primative. Why do you think researchers are extremely afraid of having no medications for super bacteria? Because otherwise all you can do is stabilize the patient and hope their body wins. And this stabilization is torture, literally torture. Thats why 90% of doctor don't want to be resucitated if they were dying.

http://amp.timeinc.net/time/131443/why-your-doctor-probably-has-a-do-not-resuscitate-order

The point is modern medicine needs antibiotics and vaccines, because it needs the human body to do most of the fighting and healing. Otherwise, its all hope and prayer. Your doctor can stabilize you but its a matter of time.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2118046-woman-dies-from-infection-resistant-to-all-available-antibiotics/amp/

Maybe one day we will have nanotech that can save us without vaccination and antibiotics but right now those two are the center of medicine. Hell without them even a ingrown toe could kill you.

https://www.nhmagazine.com/October-2014/Sepsis-A-Deadly-Infection-You-May-Not-Know-About/

Read about Gerhard Domagk, he made the idea of death by silly cuts a nonissue. His technology saved alot of American GI's lives during WW2, ironic given he was a German who worked for Bayer.

>> No.9842436

>>9842425
Yes, more people will die.
Yes, lifesaving treatment is unpleasant.

But still, we can give IV fluids, we can hook people up to ventilators, we have power anti-fever medication and amazing painkillers. No disease will ever be as deadly as the bubonic plague was ever again.

>> No.9842649

>>9842436
>No disease will ever be as deadly as the bubonic plague was ever again.
Because surely the health care system couldn't get clogged and jammed up with people requiring IV drips, and constant monitoring. And it's not like illness spreads in crowded hospital wards where everyone has a different bacterial or viral infection.

>> No.9842730

>>9841961
Because they recklessly endanger public (my) health. It blows my fucking mind that speeding is illegal but not getting vaccinated isnt.

>> No.9842746

>>9842160
Stop fucking inverting the political spectrum you retard. Conservative thinking upholds social hierarchy which is mutually exclusive with freedom. Additionally being in favour of a larger government doesnt automatically mean you "hate freedom". Finally, you dont know what propaganda means.

>> No.9842780

>>9842436
>No disease will ever be as deadly as the bubonic plague was ever again.
Obesity is coming in hot desu

>> No.9842863

>>9841961
I feel like anti-vaccing is a black op lead primarily by NGO's in order to bring back these diseases to control the population.

>> No.9842873

>>9842649
It will still be better than Medieval Europe.

>> No.9842880

>>9842169
>all vaccines work
>all vaccines have the same low risk
>if one vaccine is safe, then giving a bunch at once must be safe

Daily reminder that if you don't evaluate each vaccine individually, and separately evaluate vaccine schedules, you are a brainlet whether you are "pro-vac" or "anti-vac" and you clearly do not belong on /sci/.

>> No.9842932

>>9842880
>then giving a bunch at once must be safe
newborn babies are exposed to tens of thousands of novel antigens the very first day they're born. they don't explode from a massive immune response. there's literally no reason to expect the same to happen with a handful of vaccines

>> No.9843024

>>9841961
Pharma companies pay to make it popular on Reddît. Don't think that could possibly be contentious at this point. Vaccines work and their lack of use imposes negative externalities onto others, which is probably why people think you're retarded, but in general the hysterical rage of college-aged liberals is invented to normalize drugging everyone with involuntary schedules of vaccination.

Weird how when the fags were complaining about Shkreli, everyone hated pharma and private industry, but now it's just this benevolent good-giver that's definitely not going to continue its long history of public experimentation (though to be fair a lot of that was state-sponsored).

>> No.9843312

>>9841961
There are some people that can't get certain vaccines due to allergies or whatever and they rely on herd immunity for protection.

People shouldn't have to potentially die to give other people the freedom to be a dumbass.

>> No.9843405

>>9841990
Yes, it does.
You're just to dumb to know about immune compromised people.

>> No.9843415

>>9842008
>>eventually develops resistance to the vaccine
That's not how vaccines work. Correctly would be that the disease mutates into a form the vaccine didn't create an immune response to deal with. So it mutates in such a way your immune system considers it a completely new disease.

>> No.9843416

>>9843415
Point is, if the disease survives and may come back to prominence. It can't if it's extinct.

>> No.9843423

>>9841963
Brainlet.
>>9841966
Brainy boy.

>> No.9843426
File: 29 KB, 633x758, frustrated_wojak.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9843312
>herd immunity for protection

You rely on herd mentality.

>> No.9843427

>>9842134

If vaccines are supposed to get rid of these diseases, what the fuck does she have to worry about then?

>> No.9843463

>>9843427
New diseases appear every year.
This is not secret information.

>> No.9843498

>>9843427
Because a percentage of the population can't get vaccines, or have compromised immune systems (see elderly) it's quite difficult to actually eradicate diseases. Some can also survive long periods outside a host.
So the more people who aren't vaccinated the more likely those who cannot be vaccinated will come into contact with someone who has the disease.

>> No.9843511

Because I don't want my kid to die from the fucking measles all because little Timmy's shithead dad thinks that vaccines are a plot to genocide the white man by jews or they cause autism.

>> No.9843559

op, take a deep breath. look around, enjoy the scenery, notice how there's no one with polio in sight. it's all gonna be ok buddy

>> No.9843582

>>9841961
>Kids too young or people too old for vaccines die because retards couldn't use them
>Virus evolves to deal with vaccine because of retarded hosts not allowing the virus to go extinct
KYS

>> No.9843602

>>9841961
>believe in vaccine
Vaccines aren't a religion. Only idiots like you think they're dangerous.

>> No.9843617

>>9842395
>See the thing is that antivaccination is embraced by both left and right.
We're talking about the people who get triggered by the free choice of anti-vaxxers, and this is leftists (when the term is properly understood). Who they are opposing (ie who the anti-vaxxers are) is irrelevant

>> No.9843619

>>9842746
>Conservative thinking upholds social hierarchy which is mutually exclusive with freedom
What if I told you the society which has evolved through the largely free interaction of generations of your forefathers is a much stronger guarantor of freedom than your fictitious freedom of "equality", sold to you by very devious PROPAGANDISTS so you lose all your rightful societal inheritance and just become a cog in their machine? The only reason they want your to have compulsory vaccinations is because they see you as chattel.

>> No.9843622

>>9842425
Calling medicine primitive while there's nothing better to compare it with but moronic fiction is kinda dumb.
We have come amazingly far in the field. There's plenty of huge problems to overcome still, but 'primitive' isn't the word to use.

>> No.9843693

>>9843617
>Laws against prevent harming other people are a partisan issue.
What the fuck?

>> No.9843859

>>9841966
this. also sage.

>> No.9845085

>>9843619
>(((((((((they)))))))))
>largely free interactions
My forefathers were either exploiting and enslaving or being exploited and enslaved just like everyone elses for the majority of human history.
>only reason they want your to have compulsory vaccinations
I want mandatory vaccination because with the available information it is overwhelmingly the most optimal choice.
>rightful societal inheritance
This doesnt exists, that you think it does shows you dont understand what a right is. I'm now quite convinced you are an idiot.

>> No.9845424

>>9843426
Just because everyone else is smarter than you doesn't mean they are the herd.
It means you're too stupid to assimilate into an intelligent group, and in the wild, you'd be the "slow" animal that gets eaten by a predator.

Stay salty, Wojak.

>> No.9845448

>>9841961
I don't know. I never got it either. Must be one occasions where herd mentality kicks in. They're pretending to care about other people's children because they want to be seen as good people.

>> No.9845616

It's like a new natural selection - retards who don't vaccinate will end up with ded

>> No.9845633

>>9841961
Infected people are evolutionary breeding grounds for resistant strains of diseases.

It's the same reason why you need to keep taking anti-biotics even after you're feeling better.

And why Africans who don't bother to do this have been breeding grounds for resistant super pathogens.

>> No.9845712

>>9845448
>Must be one occasions where herd mentality kicks in.
Hey, I'm not going to deny that part of it is herd mentality, you can't expect that the majority of people are going to be experts in a field or do considerable research on their own to decide if something is a good idea. The majority of people are going to follow what other people are telling them is a good idea and are doing themselves.
But herd mentality doesn't mean bad. And luckily we have experts in various fields who put considerable amounts of time into research in order to give advice and guide the "herd".

So while you may say "just because everyone is doing it doesn't mean it is a good idea" your next step should be into "why is everyone doing it?" and "why does everyone think it is a good idea?" instead of just separating from the herd because you think there is some problem with being a part of the herd.

>They're pretending to care about other people's children because they want to be seen as good people.
Can't you say exactly the same about (public) anti-vaxxers? Aren't they "pretending" to care about other peoples' children because they want to be seen as good people?
Now everyone's pretending. How do you tell who is being honest?

>> No.9845792

okay, i lurk here, i don't know much about it, but why do anti-vax people, claiming when virus is more spread it has greater chance of evolving further, also defend gay people who transmit HIV like wildfire?
can anyone explain?

>> No.9845801

>>9841961
If dumb people die we have to do the grunt work
and experimental physics ourselves.

>> No.9845811

>>9841961
>REEEEE you must let the government, who has been caught carrying out psychological, biological, and chemical warfare on the population, inject kids with vaccines you racist Trump supporting bigot!

>> No.9846180
File: 19 KB, 885x588, us-deaths-1900-1965.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9841961
Corporate propaganda has associated it with killing children. And authoritarians really don't like the official authorities being opposed .

>> No.9846182
File: 55 KB, 991x902, 8802033.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9841961
>Why are people triggered by anti-vac people?
its like putting an "i am stupid" sign on your forehead

>> No.9846300

>>9841961
Guys...GUYS.

I figured out how to kill the anti-vac fad.

First we get involved, become publicly outspoken against vaccines, cite autism rates etc.

Then we start new companies. Companies that market "safe" and "natural" vaccines that replace both the state provided and private vaccines.

We justify the marketing campaign by saying we use natural and sustainable bioreactors.

Possible outcomes:
>Our activism is linked to corporate profit whoring. The anti-vac campaign loses steam.
>We make lots of money.

Either way /sci/ wins.

>> No.9846341
File: 1.27 MB, 217x250, 1523579064372.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9841961

Because those people would die without it. They are polluting the gene pool with weak genetics.

>> No.9846348

I wrote an essay on why its stupid for comp&rhetoric and got an A on it, wanna read it?

>> No.9846368

>>9845792
We don't defend faggots.

>> No.9846371

>>9841961
Some people _can't_ get vaccines. When you get them sick because you're a disease-ridden christfag hick who hates the jew's evil medicine science, they have to suffer too.

I don't want some little girl with an immune problem to die of your hillbilly disease because you thought a chemical could cause a disease whose primary symptom is being socially illiterate.

>> No.9846378

>>9842002
I don't have a statistic to back this up, but in my personal experience, while anti-vaxxers exist in every religion, it's most common in Christfags.

>> No.9846390

>>9846341
If they didn't die and they reproduce then their genes are fit for reproduction, because they reproduced.
You haven't reproduced though, meaning your "strong genetics" are not fit for reproduction.

Evolution isn't about what should or shouldn't be, it's about what is or isn't.

>> No.9846443

>>9843619
Go back to /pol/. You're not intelligent. So if your want to LARP, do it with fellow LARPers

>> No.9846452

>>9842366
I would like to sincerely encourage the anti-immunization crowd to openly identify as being in favor of deadly plagues killing lots of people.

>> No.9846458

>>9842932
Stop that! Stop using logic!

>> No.9846460

>>9846368
could you elaborate a bit more on logic of those people?
could AIDS evolve beyond being only sexually transmittable for example?

>> No.9846465

>>9843498
Add -- some thrive in nonhuman as well as human hosts, it is not always practical to immunize populations of wild animals and such.

>> No.9846480

>>9843693
The presence of large numbers of newfriends who discovered 4chan through the publicity /pol/ gets, and think the whole site is about /pol/ish shit, is a wonderful new feature of the less retarded corners of the site.

>> No.9846494

>>9846460
>could AIDS evolve beyond being only sexually transmittable for example?
It can already be transmitted in other ways. Blood is one of the main issues, and was a big problem when AIDS was first coming out because a number of countries wouldn't stop gays from donating blood and they had no way to test the blood for AIDS, so people got AIDS through blood transfusions.
There is a chance of getting it through saliva transfer as well but it is practically zero.

>could you elaborate a bit more on logic of those people?
They put MUH FEELINGS over logic and research.

>> No.9846511

By not getting a vaccine then your children or you have the chance where others with weaker immune systems such as babies and elderly people will catch the disease even if your child is showing no symptoms

>> No.9846697

>>9846378
Catholics are just a branch of Christfags.

>> No.9847829

>>9841963
If science is fact then how can it be delegitimized? Your suggesting that scientific fact is just a user consensus which is wrong.

>> No.9847833

>>9841966
Unless you're privy to the epidemiology it does not refute the argument.

>> No.9847896

>>9847829
This is pretty disingenuous. Pseudo-scientific crap being elevated to the same level as actual science in people's perception does not, of course, alter the ground truth -- but it does alter things like trying to base public policy on our best knowledge of what is true.

On the subject at hand, attempting to base policy on what vaccines actually are and how they work and what the actual risks are is preferable to trying to base policy on feelings, woo and faked "research."

>> No.9848139

>>9846378
Same thing for the flat earth thing

>> No.9848146

>>9847829
Every once in a while, smart people turn out to be wrong about something. It's almost as ff things can be complicated

>> No.9848151

>>9842134
>There are many vaccines that are produced in chicken eggs/embryos
Wait. So when we go for a shot they are literally injecting an unborn baby chickens into our vein?

>> No.9848402

>>9841961
if it comes to a parent not allowing his child to ve vaccinated, i find that ethically wrong although im still conflicted

but if it comes to someone wanting to refuse a vaccine , then im all for it considering that i believe in the right to choose and hey , the worlds overpopulated as is right?

i also dont believe in the infallibility of vaccines, then again im from a third world country and we dont exactly have a perfext record with that shit

the government fucks everything up

>> No.9848422

>>9848139
Unlike being anti-vax, which just correlates with Christianity, being flat-Earth is inherently a Christian conspiracy theory.

>> No.9848769

>>9848151
They are produced in them, not made out of them.

>> No.9848883

https://medium.com/@visualvaccines/parents-who-regret-not-vaccinating-4bbadf0dca43

Read this shit and laugh!
Basically the parents who don't vaccine are playing the it can't happen to my children fallacy.

>> No.9848899

>>9848146
The effectiveness of vaccines is demonstrably not one of them.

>> No.9848916

>>9841961
Imagine you live in a sharehouse.
One of your housemates doesn't believe in personal hygiene or cleanliness. They're constantly dirtying the house (you have to clean up after them) and the rest of the inhabitants by proxy. That housemate is anti-vac people.

>> No.9848939

>>9843416
The virus does not "go extinct" if everyone takes a vaccine.
take a population of 10,000
All are vaccinated
Influenza A virus in say 9,900
Influenza A virus mutates almost all of those people
After a month maybe one or two major strain come from the people.

onto your point in this post
The only way for vaccination to stop a disease is if the new mutation had no symptoms and there are many examples of this, the problem is that these strains don't spread.

also read about attenuated viruses such as polio

>> No.9849914

>>9846180
find one with registered cases

>> No.9850743

>>9842932
>there's literally no reason to expect that Earth is not the center of the universe
>there's literally no reason to expect that the speed of light is constant
>there's literally no reason to expect that the universe is expanding
>there's literally no reason to...
Reality does not give one solitary single fuck about your reasoning. That's why science demands OBSERVATION. You TEST and you OBSERVE and from THAT you reach your conclusions.

>>9846458
See above.

>> No.9851360

>>9850743
And before you test things, you create a working hypothesis that either makes the most sense or is based off similar instances that you have tested for. Predictive capabilities and what.

>> No.9851519

>>9841961
denying the effectiveness of widespread vaccinations is neither science nor math.

>> No.9851708

>>9846368
>little girl with an immune problem
Heaven and earth proceed without motive, but casually in their order of nature, dealing with all things carelessly, like used talismans. So also the sages deal with their people, not exercising benevolence, but allowing the nature of all to move without friction.

>> No.9851713

>>9851519
The burden of proof is not on them, but you.

>>9848883
As opposed to the parents who did vaccinate, and their kids died or were permanantly damaged afterwards? And their suffering was not even validated, since vaccine damage is not even recognized.

>On April 25th my son got his dtap shot, I remember he had a rash for a day or so after, had a little cold and runny nose on and off, Sunday May 7th had a fever wasn’t himself most the day. Monday May 8th woke up fine with no fever back to himself for the next 4 days happy, playing, eating running around with his sister then Friday May 12th my son just doesn’t wake up. Doesn’t make sense. I started researching and the more people I spoke to hearing about stories of kids having seizures after shots and diagnosed with austism after shots and kids unexpectedly passing away is horrifying.

>> No.9851765

>>9841961
Honestly it's societal so game theory is more likely at play most of the time mentally.
Anti-vaxxers stand to create immense problems if they're wrong and gain ground.
Vaxxers stand to just look foolish and incompetent if it turns out vaccination has gotten out-of-hand and troublesome.

If they both agree on vaccinations then it seems better than disagreeing on this one method of societal protection, that could very well backfire hard enough to kill millions if terrible in consequence of ignorance.

>> No.9851772

>>9851765
youre worse thann antis-

>> No.9851848

>>9851713
the burden of proof rests with those who bring the argument, i.e. the anti-vaxxers who publicly doubt the general scientific consensus.

>> No.9851890

>>9842171
This. Some people due to serious conditions are unable to get vaccinated. But if everyone else in society was vaccinated,these people would also be protected since the virus or bacteria would have a very hard time jumping from host to host to get to them. But if some retards stop vaccinating their children, they jeopardize the lives of these other innocent children. But yeah I'm sure you're soccer mom level of understanding is way better than every single fucking doctor in the world. KYS OP

>> No.9851945

>>9841961
My mom got really really sick as a result of being injected with the flu vaccine about a decade ago yet both her and my dad say vaccines are safe.

>> No.9851951

>>9850743
The observation is that newborns have a massive antigen exposure. The experiment is the exposure and it has been replicated billions of times. The conclusion is that its harmless.

>> No.9851982

>>9851945
People died from overhydration just from drinking water aswell.
Its about how often it happens that determines how safe something is.

>> No.9852011

>>9851982
Except that was her first flu shot

>> No.9852512
File: 69 KB, 788x580, vaxx.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>9851982
No one gets overhydration from an appropriate amount of water.

>> No.9852527
File: 182 KB, 780x648, antivaxx.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>9841961
>people
Just posting some dank anti-vax memes that were definitely created by outraged individuals in their own free time.

>> No.9852536

>>9846378
>I don't have a statistic to back this up, but in my personal experience

Stopped reading.

>> No.9852540

>>9848402
>but if it comes to someone wanting to refuse a vaccine , then im all for it considering that i believe in the right to choose and hey , the worlds overpopulated as is right?

Will you still be all for it when you catch the nevergetovers because your vaccine did not take (they don't all)and a bunch of retards kept the pathogens prevalent in your country?

>> No.9852549

>>9851713
Well, fuck, unsourced anecdotal stories without even an attempt to establish causality are all the evidence I need...

>> No.9852554

>>9852011
Is she the only person who ever got a flu shot?

No, right?

So we know that a very few people have adverse reactions to flu shots, whether your mother has had a lot or that was her first.

Then we can compare the risk of what happens in a flu epidemic with what happens when we use immunization to prevent epidemics.

Turns out, immunizing people is much safer than not immunizing people. nd we can tell that because we don't just look at "something bad happened to this one person I know," we look at what happens to lots and lots of people.

Also, by the way, I hope your mother recovered.

>> No.9852557

>>9852512
No fucking shit.

>> No.9852578

>>9842102
not sure where you live but thats not really the case in the states

>> No.9852794

>>9852578
Depends on where you are -- out in Oregon, it's a left-leaning thing. In Texas, it's a right leaning thing.

But that's wandering off-topic for /sci/ and into the realms of /themthatshallnotbenamed/

>> No.9853185

>>9841961
the problem is anti-vax tards aren't hurting themselves. they're hurting their children.
we don't allow people to starve their own children, beat their own children to death, keep their own children out of school, etc.
so, why should we allow them to get their child infected with polio or measles just to dodge some .001% increased chance of autism (especially when that link isn't even real)?

>> No.9853222

>>9850743
Found the guy who isnt a scientist and has no formal education. What you think the scientific method is actually works out to be throwing darts at a dart board. What people actually do is theorize beforehand so as to make better usage of time and resource.

>> No.9853398

>>9842932
That is dishonest, but what can you expect from vaccine apologist.

Vaccines have poisons in them that case immune response, otherwise they won't work. Vaccination must typically inject both the pathogen and the toxins in order to induce the needed immune response.

Injecting toxins into children is risky.

>> No.9853404

>>9841961

>Why jam yourselves into other people's personal freedom

Your kid is a different person. Vaccinations are thus not a strictly personal matter.

>> No.9853408

>>9852540
you know ill admit
reading this thread actually changed my mind about the whole thing

i see now that its better to have it mandatory.

but i see how thst would be difficult ina democratic society such as mine considering the less than perfect record the government has

i implore you to check out the dengvaxia scandal

>> No.9853461

>>9853398
Holy shit you are beyond retarded, you dont even understand the core point that anon was making. The risk associated with being vaccinated is OVERWHELMINGLY lower than the risk of infection due to not being vaccinated. Vaccines could have like a 2% mortality rate and they would still be preferable to not being vaccinated.

>> No.9853487

I, for one, enjoy watching anti-vac brainlets have sick offspring. When the measles epidemic in Italy started spreading into surrounding countries including mine, I thought they'd be denied the healthcare service, but no, they all received full treatment. It's as if healthcare made natural selection obsolete and made retards breeding more succesful.

>> No.9853498

>>9853487
>It's as if healthcare made natural selection obsolete and made retards breeding more succesful.
If only it were as simple as "anti-vaxers make poor choice, then die".
The actual assholes are the parents, but their kids (and others) are the ones who suffer and die.
So when is some government going to start charging anti-vaxers with manslaughter?

>> No.9853504
File: 392 KB, 1200x1200, SkcdRuW.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>> No.9853506
File: 882 KB, 899x681, T7mVDd0.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

dumpin...

>> No.9853512

>>9853498
>So when is some government going to start charging anti-vaxers with manslaughter?
They should, but they won't. Muh feelings.
>The actual assholes are the parents, but their kids (and others) are the ones who suffer and die.
The kids brought up by people like these will likely have the same stance on vaccination as their parents, probably even the same IQ. It's good riddance

>> No.9853514
File: 277 KB, 659x574, 0XkPL6d.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>> No.9853524
File: 73 KB, 750x698, 3oQ6XeE.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>9853512
>The kids brought up by people like these will likely have the same stance on vaccination as their parents,
Probably not, even if they're effectively identical to their parents.
The whole anti-vax thing is effectively a push-back against societal norms: "we're better than the normies because only _we_ have the courage/vision/love to fight the power."
If their kids are just the same, they'll rebel against "the power" too, except this time the power will likely be their own parents.
And do we even know if social fashion trends following is genetic?

>> No.9853529
File: 122 KB, 1556x1158, 9LT4c9j.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>> No.9853531
File: 570 KB, 500x705, 1427058928195.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>> No.9853532
File: 57 KB, 524x772, CLMVEuy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>> No.9853536
File: 26 KB, 603x329, hOnEk3b.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>> No.9853540
File: 68 KB, 357x1436, IRdIUuR.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>> No.9853541

Because you are not only vacing for youself, but for those who cant vac themselfs, if the majority is vaced, the virus will not reach the ones who are not

>> No.9853542
File: 827 KB, 800x600, WVw2Bc5.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>> No.9853545
File: 54 KB, 720x919, 53AMvAH.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>9853542
Oops, how did that one wind up in my antivax folder?
Sorry...

>> No.9853548

>>9841966
Herd immunity is a lie.

>> No.9853549

>>9841961
There is no need of vaccine for minor disease like measles.

>> No.9855164

>>9853461
>The risk associated with being vaccinated is OVERWHELMINGLY lower than the risk of infection due to not being vaccinated.
Citation needed.

>> No.9855175

>>9853549
>measles
>minor
found the retard

>> No.9855183

>>9855164
See: polio

>>9853549
>Complications occur in about 30% of cases and may include diarrhea, blindness, inflammation of the brain, and pneumonia, among others.

>> No.9855184

>>9855175
>measles
It is just two weeks of discomfort once in a lifetime.

>> No.9855188

>>9855183
We were not talking about polio, you dishonest fuck. We are talking about vaccines in general, and you can not generalize based in a single successful vaccine. Each vaccine has a different risk-benefit profile.

>> No.9855222

>>9855188
>Each vaccine has a different risk-benefit profile.
Not really. The risks of vaccines are very well understood, with the biggest risks being allergic reactions that can be, and are, tested for before you start getting vaccines and doctors watch for signs of adverse reactions to a vaccine when administered.
Whereas on the other hand most of the diseases we vaccinate for have complications that lead to things like blindness, deafness, disfigurement, paralysis and death.

The risks really are nothing like the benefits and you are being completely dishonest by peddling hearsay as if fact when the overwhelming body of evidence is that vaccines are safe.

>> No.9855254

>>9842102
I wouldn't say they belong to one political side but I've seen lot of them that are just science deniers in general, like they also don't think climate change is an issue. Like the Alex Jones crazies, and need not I remind you where they lie on the political spectrum.

Let's not forget the dumb shit Trump said about vaccines as well

>> No.9855266

>>9850743
>That's why science demands OBSERVATION. You TEST and you OBSERVE and from THAT you reach your conclusions.
I mean literally billions of babies have been vaccinated with multiple vaccines at the same time with no repercussions so

>> No.9856977

>>9841961
Annoyingly people have a thing called sympathy. If they have the ability to help someone else with no perceived loss to themselves people usually try and help.

>> No.9856986

>>9855266
>with no repercussions so

>> No.9856992

>>9855183
>Complications occur in about 30% of cases and may include diarrhea, blindness, inflammation of the brain, and pneumonia, among others.
I wonder which of these happens the most.

>> No.9856999

>>9853541
That's why I do it. Then I can shed virus on cancer patients without having to be sick myself.

>> No.9857003

>>9856999
based trips

>> No.9857008

>>9842008
Society 1
>government kills anyone without a perfect immune system
>this is a realistic scenario

>> No.9857009

>>9856992
Probably in order of likelihood, but if blindness occurs in even 1% of those 30% of cases it's still far more than cases of adverse reactions to the vaccine.

>> No.9857015

>>9843024
This. If there was a special no-fault net neutrality court, Reddit would throw a tantrum, but with vaccines you better get in line and get them all or you're horrible, no matter what the reason. And somehow this has become a part of nu-skepticism.

>> No.9857021

>>9853398
>Vaccines have poisons in them
All medications have "poisons in them".

>Injecting toxins into children is risky.
All medications have risks.

People don't take medications because it's risk-free, they take them because the risks are outweighed by the rewards.

>> No.9857230

>>9855222
>Not really. The risks of vaccines are very well understood, with the biggest risks being allergic reactions that can be, and are, tested for before you start getting vaccines and doctors watch for signs of adverse reactions to a vaccine when administered.
Really? We had a vaccine for the swine flu and a bunch of people got narcolepsia from it.

There is very little testing. Vaccines also kill and permantly damage people, but it is never recorded so how the hell are we supposed to believe the statistics?

>> No.9857308

>>9855188
>we arent talking about polio
>we are talking about vaccines in general
Polio vaccine is a component of "vaccines in general". How about any of these
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/diseases/child/14-diseases.html
>>9857230
> but it is never recorded so how the hell are we supposed to believe the statistics?
How do you know the sky is blue?
Not only are you an idiot, you are a willfully delusional, intellectually dishonest idiot. Please, let your vaccinations expire and then expose yourself to any of the preventable diseases.

>> No.9857332

>>9857308
>How do you know the sky is blue?
Polio is also more dangerous than Measles.

How fuckign stupid are you?

>How do you know the sky is blue?
I can see it.

Nick Catone saw his kid, a healthy kid, get sick and die after a vaccine and it was not recorded as a vaccine side effect. The doctors won't look into vaccines, and their side effects are not recorded.

That I can see.

>> No.9857378

>>9857230
I guess the moral of this story is don't jump on new vaccines rushed into the public.

>> No.9857480

>>9857230
>There is very little testing.
There's a tonne of testing.

>Vaccines also kill and permantly damage people, but it is never recorded
That's complete bullshit.

>> No.9857483

>>9855254

>Let's not forget the dumb shit Trump said about vaccines as well

What'd he say? Here in Ausland we had a politician by name of Pauline Hanson talking about vaccines a little while ago advising parents should go "seek their own information" about them instead of you know, consulting your local doctor about them.

>> No.9857519

>>9857332
>Polio is also more dangerous than Measles.
This has absolutely nothing to do with the demonstrable fact that vaccines have statistically positive health outcomes. Something which you claim is false yet have no credible (peer reviewed, reproducible) data to support.
>I can see it.
How do you know there isnt a problem with your eyes, nerves, brain, or mind? You assume there isnt because scientists worked on understanding the physiology of the human body produced results which your experience agrees with.
>Nick Catone...
One anecdotal unsubstantiated story means exactly nothing.

Why are you even on this board, you have next to zero critical thinking skills or objectivity. Engaging with you anymore is a waste of time.

>> No.9857554

>>9857332
>The doctors won't look into vaccines, and their side effects are not recorded.
That's absolutely incorrect.
For instance, look up the narcolepsy associated with the swine flu vaccine you mentioned before. They researched it and determined exactly why it occurred.

Healthy children suddenly dying is tragically more common than healthy children suddenly dying within close proximity to receiving a vaccine. Postmortem and family statements support no link to the vaccine aside from their claims.

>> No.9857625

>>9853548
If you have any experience in programming or probability you can simulate or test it. Don't fool yourself, prove yourself.

>> No.9857687

>>9841961
Because their choices no longer just put their own lives at risk.

>> No.9858244

>>9846697
Catholic here, Catholicism is the original christianity. Every other sect/branch split from us.

>> No.9858256

>>9857625
>implying anyone would respond to that simulation by changing their beliefs
It would be "it's an incomplete simulation" on one side and "see, proof i'm right" on the other.

>> No.9858371

>>9857687
If everyone else is vaccinated what the fuck does it matter?

>> No.9858398

>>9858371
Read the thread you are replying to.

>>9853185
>>9852554
>>9852540
>>9851890
>>9846511
etc.

>> No.9858456

>>9858256
>Dude I don't have to prove anything because I already lost the argument with the strawmen in my head!
Brilliant.

>> No.9858462

>>9853540
do you get all your other health-related knowledge from house md aswell?

>> No.9858574

>>9841961

Because, to the people on this board, it is the height of insanity that parents want to protect their children and not blindly submit to an ever increasing corrupt establishment. There are plenty of reasons to be against vaccinations that do not for the dogma the Darwinists and other such utilitarians in thread conform to.

>> No.9858579

>>9858574
*fit

>> No.9859280

>>9858456
So, if a simulation was made and it showed the opposite of what you believe, would you decide it might be right or immediately look for an excuse to discredit it?

>> No.9859434

>>9858574
>he isn't trying to be a good corporate slave so when they take over he isn't a target of the killsquads

>> No.9859475

>>9858574
>there are plenty of reasons
Im going to assume you meant good reasons. Please list them with cited supporting evidence.

>> No.9859477

>>9841961
You don't have the right to endanger your kid's health just because you're their parent, dickhead

>> No.9859480

>>9858574
>parents want to protect their children
By giving them a chance to have polio and the measles?

>> No.9859549

>>9859475
>>9859480

>>9859475
>>9859480

The problem with this issue in particular is that it is not strictly a scientific issue, but a political and religious one. For one, freedom of religion is guaranteed by the 1st Amendment and the U.S. Constitution, and evident problems come up when considering that, because of one’s religiosity, they may refuse vaccination on the grounds of it conflicting with their beliefs. Although many in this thread would argue that this is a non-issue and that compulsory vaccination should be enforced, this represents a conflict of interest between traditional religious institutions, who could make the argument that compulsory vaccination, or vaccination as a means to enter any type of school is discriminatory in practice and could be considered Unconstitutional.

>> No.9859621

>>9859549
The whole point is that there no *scientific* arguments against vaccinating. If you have political or religious reasons, fine! But please keep your infectious kids away from mine.

>> No.9859643
File: 169 KB, 912x570, fuckyou.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9841961
unvaccinated peoples kill other peoples, especially peoples who can't get vaccinated (ie: heart transplant)

>> No.9859644

>>9859621

Why do you believe that just because a parent does not vaccinate their kids, that said kid should be inherently discriminated against and barred from attending school? Like I said before, you cannot discount the political ramifications of your way of thinking; you are entitled to have your children attend a safe environment, but not at the expense of those who have beliefs differing to your own, especially when their beliefs are protected by Constitutional and Congressional law. Whatever stance you have towards them, you should at the very least respect their choice and acknowledge that they are guaranteed the right to refuse vaccines without demonizing them needlessly.

>> No.9859653

>>9859644
>Why do you believe that just because a parent does not vaccinate their kids, that said kid should be inherently discriminated against and barred from attending school?
Because doing otherwise would put the other children at risk.

>you are entitled to have your children attend a safe environment, but not at the expense of those who have beliefs differing to your own,
It's not their beliefs I'm concerned about, it's their actions that are dangerous.

>Whatever stance you have towards them, you should at the very least respect their choice
What does "respect their choice" even mean in this context?

>> No.9859695

>>9859653

>Because doing otherwise would put the other children at risk.

Your argument relies on the flawed premise that no other risks exist in the unvaccinated child attending the school aside from other children getting sick, despite the fact that such event would be the worst possible scenario, as opposed to many other less severe outcomes. It also relies on the false dichotomy of putting the children at risk as opposed to barring them from attending school, despite the fact that there are plenty of other ways it could be resolved. You never answered the original question of why the one kid should be barred, in spite of other factors such as academic ability or character, but only for refusing vaccination, which, as I have stated before, is protected by their freedom of religion, and by extension, the 1st Amendment.

>It's not their beliefs I'm concerned about, it's their actions that are dangerous.

Their actions are a result of their beliefs, which are protected by the 1st Amendment. Even so, how parents handle their child’s health is not for the government nor the schools to decide, nor should they demonized nor shunned for doing so in accordance with their beliefs (within reason, of course).

>What does "respect their choice" even mean in this context?

Simply put, it means that they should not be discriminated against. If I were a parent, I would not want my child to be refused because of the way I choose to raise him/her. You can criticize a parent for how they raise their child(ren), but that does not give you the authority to decide whether or not they should be receive vaccinations, nor does it serve as a logically valid reason for excluding a student from an institution that operates within the confines of the 1st Amendment. That is what I am arguing against.

I can understand where you’re coming from, but let’s agree to disagree.

>> No.9859696

>>9859644
Just because some people can't vaccinate because of medical or religious reasons isn't an excuse to let anyone choose not to vaccinate.
Herd immunity accepts that there is a small percentage that won't be vaccinated, that will fall apart if everyone just willynilly decides not to vaccinate, especially when based on misinformation.
I think most anti-vaxxers would balk at joining or forming a religion in order to validate their anti-vaccination stance.

>> No.9859717

>>9859696
I can see where you’re coming from, but at the same time, I don’t believe it is the place of the government or any other authority to decide what is best for the child, especially if it is impossible to opt-out. Let’s agree to disagree; I’d probably get vilified for my beliefs if I were to mention them in a response.

>> No.9859730

>>9853548
>He says while not dying of scarlet fever.

>> No.9859791

>>9859695
>Your argument relies on the flawed premise that no other risks exist in the unvaccinated child attending the school aside from other children getting sick
What? No it doesn't.

>It also relies on the false dichotomy of putting the children at risk as opposed to barring them from attending school, despite the fact that there are plenty of other ways it could be resolved.
That's not a false dichotomy. Either unvaccinated children are allowed at public schools or they aren't. Allowing them is a serious health risk, so they aren't.

>You never answered the original question of why the one kid should be barred, in spite of other factors such as academic ability or character, but only for refusing vaccination
Their academic ability doesn't pose a health risk to the other children.
If their character poses a health risk, they absolutely CAN be barred.

>Even so, how parents handle their child’s health is not for the government nor the schools to decide, nor should they demonized nor shunned for doing so
You've got it backwards. This isn't about demonizing or shunning the child (after all, the decision not to vaccinate likely wasn't made by them). This is about protecting everyone else.

>If I were a parent, I would not want my child to be refused because of the way I choose to raise him/her.
If your child attending would put everyone else at undue risk, then they will be refused.

>> No.9859807

>>9841961
Why are people triggered by anti-vac people? Well, the real answer is that these pseuds derive their sense of self-worth by distinguishing themselves from the dumb hillbillies. If you were to ask any of these wannabe scientists, rarely will they show much knowledge about vaccines.
It's just another way for people to claim superiority by appeal to scientific consensus.

>> No.9860074

>>9859807
Because anti-vax people are responsible for a large number of deaths.

>> No.9860727

I'm opposed to vaccinating for chicken pox.
If I had to suffer through that shit then by god so will everyone else.
But by all means you should definitely get the rest of your shots.

>> No.9860742

>>9859807
You can really tell from the lack of nuance involved. Try to say something like >>9860727 on Reddit, even as a joke, and watch them sperg because you didn't say all vaccines are perfect.

>> No.9861460

>>9859480
Yeah they absolutely can argue its unconstitutional. But anyone reasonable would say that public health and safety > your religious freedom in the case of vaccines where there is no scientifically sound argument to be made against them.

>> No.9861461

>>9861460
this was supposed to be response to
>>9859549

>> No.9861466

>>9859695
>ou never answered the original question of why the one kid should be barred
You just havent read anything have you? Say it with me
>reckless
>public
>endangerment
People arent allowed to drive arbitrarily fast through towns because it places an undue risk on public safety. Why should vaccinations be any different?

>> No.9861468

>>9859695
New anon here. You realize constitutional law isnt a black and white ironclad set of rules right? One of the supreme courts functions is to interpret and apply the constitution to cases exactly like this often using arguments which you even cited here
>nor should they demonized nor shunned for doing so in accordance with their beliefs (within reason, of course).
>Within reason
The ninth amendment was even constructed in this same line of thinking with the concept of unenumerated rights, rights which are not explicitly listed but taken to be true based on reasonable due diligence and precedent.

>> No.9861534

>>9860727
People used to have chicken pox parties for kids when one of them got the pox because the symptoms as a child are far less serious than as an adult.
Only problem really is that having chicken pox leaves scars.

>> No.9861635

Yikes, immunology PhD here. However doesn't use vaccines should literally die as they are denying overwhelming scientific data since before we even know what vaccines were. All anti-vaxxers should just spend an hour to research or read some articles about vaccines instead of tinfoil-hat shit on google. People have literally dedicated their lifes to try to cure diseases so you pseudo-intellectuals think it causes autism

>> No.9861967

>>9842372
can't wait for it to be stretched out to 10 minutes with intro's, repeating the same thing over and over in different ways, and outro's

>> No.9862244

>>9861466
Another anon here. You're comparing prohibitive and prescriptive laws. The latter are usually frowned upon and considered fascist, unless they provide an opt out, e.g., children have to go to school, unless they're home schooled.

>> No.9862286

>>9853398
>Injecting toxins into children is risky.
that's why we put a lot of study into finding out the chemicals and corresponding doses that will provoke antigen training in the immune system without endangering the body

>> No.9862294

>>9860727
fuck off, i remember getting chicken pox too, but nobody should have to deal with shingles and there's too much risk of spreading zoster to immune compromised adults. adults have a MUCH harder time with chicken pox than children

>> No.9862361

>>9862286
>we put a lot of study
>we
Which drug company do you work for?

>> No.9862411

>>9841961
>If you believe in vaccine, shouldn't it give you immunity?
No.

It only has to:

1. Reduce likelihood of infecton
2. Reduce length of illness
3. Reduce transmission of pathogen.
If any of those three things happen, then relatively the % of pop vaccinated, the vaccine will be effective at reducing the burden of disease.

Its a classic case of externalities --- by not taking the vaccine, you increase the risk to everybody else.

>> No.9862415

>>9862361
i dont work for any drug company. i work for a government-funded research lab in a completely different field.

>> No.9862587

>>9841961
Some people are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons, they rely on herd immunity. If enough people are vaccinated the unvaccinated are safe too, this gets fucked if enough people go "Muh autism" and don't get their kids vaccinated.

>> No.9862910

>>9858244
catholicism was strongly influenced by plato's teachings. original would be plain old jewish or maybe an older form of orthodoxy

>> No.9863152

>>9862361
Please, anon, plenty of people who don't work at drug companies believe that. Some of us are just paid by them.

>> No.9863162

>>9841961
Not everyone who is unvaccinated is in that position because they choose to be. Having the rest of the population that can be vaccinated vaccinated helps provide immunity to these folks. So you're not just impacting yourself when you choose to not get yourself or your kids vaccinated without a medically valid reason. Avoiding vaccination can also hamper efforts of disease eradication, if it is a disease where this is considered feasible.

Personal freedom is fine until you start putting other people at risk. This just so happens to be one of those cases where it does.

>> No.9863604
File: 32 KB, 419x410, adam_eve.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9858244
Amen., But my former Baptist church was anti-vax and anti-femnist. So many Catholic churches are too liberal in Toronto even in the rich areas.
I am anti-vax and anti-feminist as well and Catholic.

>> No.9863605
File: 973 KB, 1081x2124, abortion_demon.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9842010
What's funny though, these pro-vax people are almost always pro-abortion while anti-vax actually care about the santicty of life and are pro-life.

>> No.9863630

>>9863162
That's me, I had an allergic reaction to the MMR vaccine so I never got the full series. It's down in my medical records even that I'm exempt.

If I ever get one of those diseases I'm going to be so pissed

>> No.9863775

>>9841961
Problem remains that the studies their term is short.
If there would ever be a long term study of 20 years, what would it prove? Would it prove that the immunity is temporary or permanent?

>> No.9863801
File: 136 KB, 640x480, straw_man.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9863605
>these pro-vax people are almost always pro-abortion

I'm not pro abortion, so your straw man is revealed. Nice attempted deflection, though.

>> No.9863802

>>9863630
>f I ever get one of those diseases I'm going to be so pissed

Don't get mad, get even -- sue the shit out of every anti-immunization group you can find.

>> No.9863813
File: 55 KB, 733x800, sexypirate.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9863775
>If there would ever be a long term study of 20 years

First vaccine discovered and put into use is 1796. first compulsory use to avert a epidemic in 1805. So at something over two hundred and ten years worth of data, I'd say we can probably lay the "not studied long enough" lie to rest. Here, have a "sexy pirate" to tide you over the pain of being wrong.

By the way, why do you seem so committed to defending a wrong position where, if you are wrong, it's actually good news for everybody? Why do you hate the idea of fewer epidemics?

>> No.9864092

>>9859717
Would agree up to a point, but:

1: It's not the government deciding what s best for the child, it is the government deciding how to protect the people who cannot get vaccinated for a variety of reasons, or those whose vaccination dos not "take." Your unvaccinated children are not the only ones at risk you are also putting innocent strangers at risk of getting an epidemic going.

2) Given that the "vaccines are BAAAAD" meme is a load of crap, you are then basing not vaccinating your children on "I need to risk my kids to prove a political point." That seems foolish. You ought to vaccinate, even if the government was not ting you that you had to. If it helps, pretend that the GOVERNMENT!!! is telling you that you are not allowed to immunize your children but must instead leave them vulnerable to a variety of preventable diseases -- and hen defy The MAN and go get them immunized.

>> No.9864230
File: 29 KB, 511x515, 1531243979548.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9843559

>> No.9864234

>>9843619
Your writing lacks logic and confidence. Do you suffer from schizophrenia?

>> No.9864246

>>9863813
moar

>> No.9864257

>>9852512
>your pic
>United states has highest gas prices
>United states has highest orange prices

holy shit. these two completely different things are totally related.

>> No.9864259
File: 1.76 MB, 400x206, 1531224836078.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9863605
>reasonable people are usually reasonable
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

>> No.9864260

>>9864257
They are on some level

>> No.9864339

>>9841961

I cannot even imagine why anybody would get triggered just because fags are telling les (if that is too harsh and offends you, you can substitute "spreading fake science misinformation with the intent to mislead people") that they know will result in children, people with compromised immune systems and people dying of preventable diseases, all so the liars can be famous and make money.

Oh wait, yes I can.

I have a bit less disgust for people who fall for the lies because they have autistic children or something -- they are stuck in a crisis they do not understand, and their desperation to have t all make sense makes them exploitable by the walking anal leakage who are pushing this shit. But even these poor folks retain some responsibility to pay attention when somebody who knows anything explains that, no, it doesn't matter what a human shit-heap said on the Internet, here is the science...

But the exploitive festering dicks making careers out of killing children are the problem. I'll admit that they piss me off to no end.

>> No.9864355
File: 45 KB, 422x567, 1529483512639.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9858371
>what is the categorical imperative

>> No.9864363
File: 195 KB, 417x578, 1525760211477.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9859549
religious freedom ends where the freedom of others starts, that includes endangering public safety. This is a non-issue.

>> No.9864689

>>9864092
If it helps, pretend that the GOVERNMENT!!! is telling you that you are not allowed to kill yourself but must instead continue to live -- and then defy The MAN and go do it.

>> No.9864869

The problem with anti-vaxxors is that they believe something that's unproven and completely contradicted by all available evidence. So they have no legitimate reason to stick to their beliefs. Their unwarranted fear is driving their selection bias for evidence that satisfies their soul (anxiety).