[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 55 KB, 670x800, flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9774689 No.9774689[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I'm a fucking brainlet who didn't take the SAT in highschool like I should have. I probably would have done well on it just winging it if I did it fresh out of school, but I've forgotten all this shit. Where can I learn the algebra that will be in the SAT? Khan Academy fucking sucks and almost all of its example videos just show guess work to eliminate answer choices rather than the actual math, or it will just straight up not explain how steps happen and just keep writing numbers without explaining where they came from. Polynomials confuse the shit out of me.

>> No.9774697

>>9774689
Khan academy is pretty good at teaching algebra, op... probably the best internet resource there is, desu, but if you're having difficulty maybe it's just not the right format for you. Take remedial math at your community college

>> No.9774722

>>9774697
I have less than a week to cram for the test.

>> No.9774724

>>9774722
the only way out is suicide

>> No.9774741

Honestly you aren't gonna get a better online resource without paying. Personally I learned more from Kahn Academy than from my teacher in school. Not sure wtf you are talking about...

>> No.9776650

>>9774689
lets face it, if you are struggling with algebra math, then you will never do well on the SAT
you will need to take the brainlet test instead, the ACT

>> No.9776666

Khan academy is fine. If that’s not good enough they have baby math classes at community college that anyone can take. They also have tutors who will help you and community college classes are usually quite small allowing for one on one help from professors. One week isn’t enough, if you’re that impatient you deserve to fail.

>> No.9778463

>>9776650
>ACT is brainlet tier
But I scored better on my SAT rather than my ACT

>> No.9779348

>>9774689
google it

>> No.9780658

>>9774689
fuck you brainlet

>> No.9780692

Khan Academy is good.

If you aren't understanding what Sal is doing in his vids then maybe you should take classes of a lower level.

What are the subjects you are struggling with? Polynomials? Maybe you should have a look at the pre-algebra courses on Khan Academy, or maybe have a deeper look on Algebra I.

Things like exponentiation, and the interaction between operators (How should I proceed with an operation like "minus two minus minus seven?")

All this stuff you can have on Khan Academy. If you're it's too difficult, just scale it down a bit so you can catch up. Don't jump right in.

Also, I think Khan Academy is the best resource there is. Brilliant.org is awesome as well, but I'd urge you to start taking it after you're OK with Algebra.

I'm sure you do know you should've started earlier, but don't fry your head. You have one week, but you won't be able to study 12 hours per day. Go for 3 or 4 tops, and maybe do it intermittently: one and half now, exercise, rest, and then one and a half aftwards.

Good luck, OP.

>> No.9780878

What a brainlet.

The SAT is not a math test; it's an intelligence test. Doing the actual problem is often inefficient, so guess work is the fastest and best way to do the work.