[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 2.04 MB, 2580x2452, FullMoon2010.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9742174 No.9742174[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I'm working on a sci fi video game that tries to argue not necessarily paranormal, but to argue for a complexer notion of reality than a simple one.

However, I came across an area that actually bode into that para.

What is with the Moon? More specificallu how is the Moon able to be balanced with the Sun so that total *balanced* eclipses can occur?

That seems rediculously improbable from random chance. The Moon and the Sun should be a dime and a penny, not identical twins! That adds so much to Earth life compared to other planet life if so tho....

I think some aliens postioned the Moon to be an assistive mass entity that provides completely assistance to all life on Earth.

That's what I think.

Opinions appreciated.

>> No.9742182

The thing is tho I do think the Moon if "nuked" was even then likely specialty done so to take on the silver color it does have.

Still, I think making the Moon a mini Earth might be a good idea. Seems pretty.

>> No.9742187

>>9742174
>More specificallu how is the Moon able to be balanced with the Sun so that total *balanced* eclipses can occur?
Simple, it isn't.
Annular eclipses occur.

Now bait somewhere else.

>> No.9742221
File: 81 KB, 1279x1260, 1280px-Solar_eclipse_1999_4_NR.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9742187
I think the fact that perfect eclipsed happen at all and consistently at that argues for a specialness with our Moon compared to others on other planets, say in the solar system for example.

>> No.9742235

>>9742182
The moon isn't silver, it is closer to dry asphalt, both in brightness and color

>> No.9742243

>>9742221
Well the moon formed different than most other moons in our system. A planet sized rock collided with Earth and a piece of Earth broke off into orbit. The moon is also drifting further away (because of tidal forces) and in a few million years perfect eclipses will be impossible, even when the moon is at its closest point of orbit

>> No.9742269

The relevance of an eclipse is likely the most retarded thing you can question about the moon. The size of the shadow that is cast in an eclipse is not trivial. You could reduce the size of the moon by 10 times and still have eclipses, and as long as you are under the shadow it will always look like they're the same size.

>> No.9742272

>>9742174
>I'm working on a sci fi video game
Not science or math. Fuck off.

>>>/v/

>> No.9742273

>>9742221
You seem to think it like perfectly blacks out the sun for an entire side of the planet, it does not, you only get an eclipse that looks like that through a very specific pathway on earth surface.

>> No.9742315

>>9742269
I thought the whole big deal with the Moon wad it was 400 times closer than the Sun but 400 times smaller. Wouldn't you mess that up if you made the Sun 4000 times larger while keeping the Moon still at only 400 times closer.

>> No.9742320
File: 567 KB, 1728x1150, earthfromthemoon.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9742272
I think you're kinda overcopping there. If I posted this in /v/ this would likely be considered very flimsily attached to video games. Especially given no post here has discussed video games in depth or detail.

>> No.9742324

>>9742174
Good bait

>> No.9742348

>>9742174
Your game sounds a bit like 'the swapper'

>> No.9742359
File: 1.52 MB, 356x200, CoolStoryBro.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9742174

>> No.9742369

>>9742221
Eh, perfect eclipses happen on Jupiter too.
We can discount Mercury, Venus and Mars because they don't have circular moons, so on two of the five possible planets in our solar system there are total eclipses.

Sounds less special now, doesn't it?

>> No.9742373

>>9742269
The big deal about the total eclipses currently is that you get a view of the corona all around the Moon while it is eclipsing the Sun.

>> No.9742390

>>9742315
He's wrong. If you reduced the size of the moon 10 times you'd only have annular eclipses, never total eclipses, so long as it is still the same distance it is now.
If it was larger then the eclipses would br more like the Lunar eclipses we currently have.

It is special, that our Moon can currently cover the Sun perfectly sometimes, but it's special NOW. A few thousand years ago it would have been too big sometimes to view the corona and thousands of years in the future it will rarely cover the Sun completely.
We are alive within the best time for viewing it, but humans have lived during less perfect times.

>> No.9742463

>>9742390
>therefore GAWD

>> No.9742480

>>9742463
I certainly never said that.

>> No.9742490

>>9742480
I know, I was just making fun of this argument for the existence of God.
I'd say it was a pleasant coincidence at best.

>> No.9742500

>>9742174
>This seems like a surprising coincidence
>therefore aliens made the Moon.
What the fuck is wrong with you?

>> No.9742531

>>9742490
>>9742500
(((coincidence)))

>> No.9742584

The (((heliocentric model))) is all a (((coincidence))), don't question it.

>> No.9742601

>>9742531
>>9742584
>>>/retard/

>> No.9742628

>>9742601
>keep being a good goyim

>> No.9742635 [DELETED] 

>>9742174
https://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/GA233a/English/AP1947/19240421p02.html
Naturally, in the time when man existed and developed upon an Earth that still contained the Moon, he was a very different being. When this Moon withdrew, the Earth became poorer by exactly what the Moon represented; and henceforth the lower

Click image for large view

part of man was formed and held fast by the other forces — no longer by the Earth-and-Moon forces, but by the former only. On the other hand, the influences that emanated from within the Earth at the time it still contained the Moon now act upon man from without, from the Moon.

We can put it this way: formerly the Moon forces came in contact first with the lower limbs — the feet and legs — and then streamed upward from below; but since the Moon withdrew from the Earth they act in the opposite direction, from the head downward. But this implies that the task of these forces has become a very different one, and the nature of this task comes into evidence in the experiences man has when he descends from the pre-earthly to the earthly life. When he has completed the period between death and a new birth and has absolved all the requirements of soul and spirit demanded during that period, he prepares to descend to Earth, to unite with the bodily-physical principle transmitted to him by his father and mother. But before it is possible for his ego and astral body to unite with the physical body he must provide himself with an etheric body, which he attracts from the surrounding cosmos.

>> No.9742638

>>9742174
https://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/GA233a/English/AP1947/19240421p02.html
Naturally, in the time when man existed and developed upon an Earth that still contained the Moon, he was a very different being. When this Moon withdrew, the Earth became poorer by exactly what the Moon represented; and henceforth the lower part of man was formed and held fast by the other forces — no longer by the Earth-and-Moon forces, but by the former only. On the other hand, the influences that emanated from within the Earth at the time it still contained the Moon now act upon man from without, from the Moon.

We can put it this way: formerly the Moon forces came in contact first with the lower limbs — the feet and legs — and then streamed upward from below; but since the Moon withdrew from the Earth they act in the opposite direction, from the head downward. But this implies that the task of these forces has become a very different one, and the nature of this task comes into evidence in the experiences man has when he descends from the pre-earthly to the earthly life. When he has completed the period between death and a new birth and has absolved all the requirements of soul and spirit demanded during that period, he prepares to descend to Earth, to unite with the bodily-physical principle transmitted to him by his father and mother. But before it is possible for his ego and astral body to unite with the physical body he must provide himself with an etheric body, which he attracts from the surrounding cosmos.

>> No.9742639

>>9742500
I believe there was at least 2 levels of intelligent design.

Aliens that made the planets/stars/galaxies.

And aliens that simply reformed and repositioned the Moon to be an ultra accessory to Earth.

I believe an infinite universe makes aliens more likely than not and that is a standard of complex universes.

>> No.9742647

>>9742638
This process has radically changed since the Moon withdrew from the Earth. Before that time man needed forces, when approaching the Earth again, that would enable him to shape the all-pervading ether into the form of an etheric body around his ego and astral body. These forces he drew, as he approached the Earth, from the Moon which was then within it. He still does; but the point is that since the splitting off of the Moon they come to him from outside the Earth. This means that immediately before entering the Earth life he must appeal to the power of the Moon forces — that is, to something cosmic — if he would build his etheric body.