[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 276 KB, 1066x600, j9rhst92sr001.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9682861 No.9682861 [Reply] [Original]

What are your opinions on our current education system in regards to logic based learning? Currently I think humanity in general just doesn't have a strong enough grasp on logic to teach concepts and topics like physics efficiently.

It's obvious that most people intuitively understand emotion but have a hard time understanding logical concepts. Of course there are exceptions to this and people who intuitively understand logic much better than emotion. This makes me wonder why do we not have a better system for making logic more intuitive for our human brains yet?

When thinking about this simply our most common methods for teaching logic are usually just numbers, letters, and symbols to represent theories and ideas. Obviously this works but surely there is an easier way to make stem topics easier for the average man isn't there? Education is one of the most important aspects of society and it seems like there should be more emphasis and theory on how to teach people more efficiently because currently its as if we are still cavemen using sticks and stones in our teaching methods.

>> No.9682883

I've recently been thinking about this exact thing and it astounds me that education hasn't been completely reformed. The benefit humanity would gain with an optimal education system that actually teaches kids how to think would be incredible. I think the main failing of the education system is that it focuses on teaching knowledge rather than modes of thinking. Obviously there is some core knowledge that needs to be taught, but I think school systems should teach kids to recognize patterns and learn to easily grasp unintuitive systems.