[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 364 KB, 2400x1600, 1521336980850.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9673829 No.9673829 [Reply] [Original]

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2018/04/15/europe-see-first-genetically-engineered-patients-using-gene/

Seems like maybe the whole eugenics thing had a point. Genetics seem to matter. Perhaps some people used eugenics as an excuse to massacre people and the fact it was before we knew what DNA was should be a clue it was bullshit.

>> No.9673849

>>9673829
Yeah, but "he" was wrong, considering the evidence being that Ashkenazi Jews are genetically superior in terms of intellect.

>> No.9673869

>>9673849
There is such a thing as black and white thinking and it's the normal mode of operation for people. The attempt to imagine all eugenics and genetics related things are equivalent to Nazi Holocaust history is one of the worst going on.

>> No.9673878

>>9673849
you seem like a nasty little thing

>> No.9673892

>>9673829
No no bad goyim you must not get smarter please accept refugees!!!

>> No.9673939
File: 45 KB, 206x308, 9780815702962.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Intelligence is about being able to predict. If you do not take genetics into account or do not wish to see reality your predictions become off.

In a predictive function for say national success that doesn't take genetics into factor you might say things like:
- Brazil will be a super power
- Iraq will be a successful democracy
- Once Gaddafi is gone Libya will be better off
- China will collapse soon (repeat every year for 20 years of prediction)

If the goal is to model the world and your understanding of it to have better predictions to make better decisions, aka education spending. Which had billions and billions spent on pre-k thinking it was what gave rich people advantages only to find out after comprehensive study all pre-k changes went to 0 impact after a few years.

The point is the fear and dismissal over the reality of human genetics, a lysenkoist trait of institutions, has led to immense miscalculation and poor predictive functions existing inside the system. It's not which between Lysenko or Mendelian sounded better, it's what is true and what is reality

The fact is an avg 80 IQ population behaves tremendously different than a 100 IQ population. That the population of African Americans at 120 IQ have a very different trajectory in life and value economically than 90 IQ ones. Sadly, muh feels trumped science and after decades of bad decisions, miss allocation, and stupidity it's time to right the ship.

Also you can't expect everyone to realize it's all a lie. Over the past decades leaders, economists, etc all believed the bullshit PC mass media campaign that genetics don't matter, to mass mistakes.

>> No.9673943

>>9673829
I'm all in favor of eugenics, but I don't think its people who have "superior intellect" we should be trying to create.

I think we need to weed out the genes that make people into nasty little things

nasty little things only think about how superior they are to all others, and constantly plot ways to destroy anyone they regard as inferior - anyone not like themselves. This is what they use their "superior intellect" for 99.9% of the time. There is no level too low which they will not stoop to get what they want, and given the choice, they wouldn't sacrifice their bmw to save the entire whole world. nasty little things are a serious threat to humanity's long term survival.

>> No.9673945
File: 32 KB, 323x433, images(85).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9673829
I want Generically Engineered Cat Girls
(with CRISPR)

https://youtu.be/2Rt2avRZvBs

>> No.9673953

>>9673939
Blacks are in the 70 range anon they act different from natural 80 rangers like every human that isnt white, north east asian, south east asian.

>> No.9673959
File: 221 KB, 1400x650, virginchadtranshumanism.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9673829
Transhumanism > eugenics

>> No.9673975

>>9673943
I will treat your genetic disease for $500,000 over a lifetime, with whatever methods I can. You will still have a shit life.

I won't use a relatively inexpensive genetic method to cure it completely pre-birth because that's pure evil and hitler existed, read history.

Because of Hitler we can't cure genetic diseases in babies, it would be too evil. Using genetics to cure people is the same as gassing people in camps.

Also we will spend any amount of money on food, drugs, teachers, etc to improve intelligence, but spending a fraction for better returns is evil. We should never alter genetics for the benefit of humanity because Nazi Germany.

>> No.9674002

>>9673975
It will be interesting to feel the tension and wade through all the anti-GMH bullshit in the next 50 years or so. The technology is there, and it will get better, and everyone knows it. We could make human traits so much better on average, but if we still want people to be ugly and poor and fat and dark skinned and dumb then we should at least take away their self-awareness so they can't suffer while the elite carelessly glide through life. Evolution has been missing in humanity for too long.

>> No.9674011

>>9674002
Given the size of countries and this gap it's actually surprising there is still some competition. China is a legitimate contender in this arena. If you actually factor in as many variables as possible you can see pretty clearly China has a respectable chance of winning.

>> No.9674016

>>9673849
There are more Whites with IQ's above 140 than there are jews on the planet.

>> No.9674024

>>9674011
What I mean is if you ran an "earth sim" 1000 times, about 950 times you'd probably have hegemonic world empire by now. The first country to achieve the atomic bomb etc. There are pretty big gaps in terms of development and ways to "win more" after them. Even USA almost had it after the cold war ended.

>> No.9674025

>>9674016
There are also more whites than Jews on the planet. Not a great argument, dude. If you wanna argue about white superiority in terms of intelligence, maybe you should focus on the types of intelligence that lend to civilization building, which whites seem to have been great in

>> No.9674045

>>9674025
It's pretty interesting European Jews have higher IQ than all the other types. 2000 of pure Jewish blood with no sleeping around is so impressive and logical. Sadly such fakery is pushed heavily even in published papers which then get discredited a few years later in the next.

The popular idea of jews is not reality. Even such ancestry testers use results from a few hundred years ago for their definition of "jewish" not actually genetics from canaan.

>> No.9674051

>>9674045
Whats strange is the Ashkenazi hyper tribalism despite their white genes.

>> No.9674057

>>9674051
It happens in any group. Look at Mormons, asian communities. It's simply in-group behavior with the advantage of blending in with a larger group whenever you want. In game theory it's just naturally advantageous.

>> No.9674067

>>9674057
What I mean is, yes Jews have in-group preferences when it comes to hiring and opportunities. Yes, this is hidden by an intentionally-stupid affirmative action and "equalizer" function that only has stupid input variables like, white, black, asian, hispanic.

Yes, in a higher IQ society if there was such a thing it would take into account any in-group preference such as Jewish, Catholic, Muslim, Japanese, Thai, etc and not just stupid big groups that don't make sense. Could the jews have arranged the system to hide under the most populous category so they could stack a company like CNN with 60% jews? Sure.

>> No.9674089

>>9674067
>>9674057

To low IQ people reading my posts. I'm pointing out a flaw in a low IQ society. The fix isn't changing that specific low IQ function and mechanism. The solution is changing the low IQ basis that society is constructed from.

It might be a chance to evaluate the decision to hide genetic determinism from society and the lack of GWAS in black populations. I'm not sure how inequality will be fixed if chinese or some other group are getting more intelligent while black populations still have stigma and everyone refuses to even do GWAS on their IQ. Is Inequality solved if some group has ways to improve IQ and not the most disadvantages ones? I would be skeptical of any attempt to ban it worldwide as well.

>> No.9675410

>>9673829
The first advancer human, this is as important as the moon landings.

>> No.9675415
File: 27 KB, 465x364, 1519291582466.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9675410
Literally everyone who posted before me needs to fuck off back to /pol
except this guy
>>9673959

>> No.9675479

>>9674089

IQ isn't the problem (in general society), the social patterns are. High IQ people follow most social patterns but often add an arrogant "know it all" attitude like that you show.

>> No.9675498

>>9673829
You just have to swim further it makes your genes good

>> No.9675528

>>9674002
> dark skinned
There's no unanimous agreement that dark skin is undesirable. Maybe because I've only lived in white-majority areas, but I find it exotic. I would not want to live in a world where everyone has the same complexion.

Generally speaking, maybe we should also try to have compassion for people with supposedly inferior traits? I say this unironically.

>> No.9675536

>>9674002
fedora-tier post

>> No.9675542
File: 20 KB, 353x248, 1523270821127.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9674002
>Evolution has been missing in humanity for too long.
Humans never stopped evolving. Maybe you should read the Wikipedia article on evolution.

>> No.9675547

>>9675528
Such a world would never exist to begin with, humans with dark brown usually have the temperaments of beings from the early stone age era in prehistory humans such as african negros and australoids to be exact. Dark skin is hideous outside of sexual attraction compared to lighter skin that is why light skin is favored in all human races including negroes as light skin negro women and men have a much easier time reproducing than the normal ones.

>> No.9675577

>>9673829
Would you mind copying the text in that article and uploading it to some txt service? It looks interesting so I want to read more about the details of the procedure, especially the subjects' ages.

>> No.9675674

>>9673959
Human consciousness does not end with death look up cerebral function during resuscitation.

>> No.9675690

>>9675547
The general consensus is that light skin is better. Whether this is an inherent truth or a social construct, I'm not denying that. I'm just saying it's not an objective truth, as I never felt that way. You are projecting when you say dark skin is hideous.

> dark = chimp
Mental midget confirmed. We're talking about selecting specific traits. Dark skin on its own has no genetic influence on behaviour.

>> No.9675876

>>9673945
unfortunately CRISPR doesn't work well on humans

our immune systems pick up the vector and destroy it.

I'm not saying this dream of yours won't happen, there is a ot of work do be done first.

not to mention the ethical ramifications

>> No.9675897

>>9675542
This

we are actually evolving faster than ever.
Survival is trivial so our rate of evolution is primarily based on reproduction rates which is a function of population.

Many people think we are homogenizing into one species, but the truth is we are diverging like all species do including the homogenized species. The question is what will be produced and what will survive?

>> No.9675945

ITT
>muh IQ
>I'm better than you
>MUH IQ

The people on /sci/ who endlessly brag about their IQ and show a disdain for persons they see as beneath themselves are the result of middle class American helicopter parents brainwashing their precious babies into believing they're special snowflakes. This whole board is an example of the Dunning Kruger effect in action. I bet half the kids on this board are on Adderall. It's probably why their egos are so inflated.

>> No.9676301

>>9673829
As soon as market eugenics starts happening, everyone will admit the intelligence differences between races and call for charitable donations to certain groups to help them get the procedure.

>> No.9676317

If my son can't have angel wings gtfo of my face with this shit.

>> No.9676325

>>9673849
That "fact" comes from a flawed study with a very small sample size btw.

>> No.9676680
File: 87 KB, 1664x521, nazis against culture.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9673939
Ironic how /pol/tards want this technology to actually KILL people and become eugenics instead of seeing it as a way to HELP people.

Be not deceived, as this idiocy is INTENTIONAL.

>> No.9676701

>>9675876
dumb post. It has worked in humans and 5 cell embryos don't have an immune system

>> No.9676702

>>9675542
I guess I should have said selection instead. My point is the least desirable traits still have good chances of being passed on due to modern society's political structure. Too many people are living and reproducing, while they would have died off thousands of years ago.

>> No.9676711

>>9676680
Eugenics doesn't mean kill people. It simply means improving genetics. Selecting an embryo without genetic disease is eugenics.

Abortion of largely black babies is eugenics.

>> No.9676761
File: 14 KB, 610x403, 800-2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9675945
>IQ doesn't matter

You are using singular examples instead of real statistical results. Up IQ by 25% and you eliminate 99%+ of crime.

>> No.9676805

Take canada for instance, decrease avg IQ by 15. All the sudden you have a shortage of professionals, all the managers suck, the voters become even easier to manipulate, etc. The economic decline would be quick.

Do the opposite, +15 IQ avg, now the pool of engineers, scientists, etc goes up hugely and in quality. You have more innovation, the average voter is more informed, across all of society the pattern matching of people improves. So things like crime decrease etc.

A simple gist of it is that 10 IQ points is 6x effect on economy. So a 90 IQ vs 100 IQ economy with all else being equal is $5,000 per capita vs $30,000 per capita. With the way humanity is moving more towards intellectual requirements this disparity probably increases over time as well.

+15 IQ for instance would be enough to make Japan the world superpower even with their resources and population size.

>> No.9676813

>>9676761
>doesn't understand correlation vs. causation

>> No.9677071

>>9676325
There are multiple studies showing jews are the smartest

>> No.9677081

>Niggers (or their children) get spliced so they are no longer dumb
>/pol/fag butthurt when they are now dumber than niggers

>> No.9677151

>>9676813
Why does it matter?

>increase IQ
>no change in crime rate for whatever reason

The correlations of IQ with so many positive things is enough of a reason. If it's because of some magic reasoning not explained with causation then so be it.

If for whatever reason red haired people have longer life spans, better economic prospects, and low crime might as well give everyone red hair. If we are just blank slates then nothing changes anyway. The attempt to improve IQ doesn't work because it's all environment, what do you lose?

>> No.9677177

>>9677151
A better example

Wearing a black shirt on friday is correlated with 30% of the normal chance of being murdered.

Should you wear a black shirt on fridays?

First you evaluate any costs. Is there a downside to wearing a black shirt, maybe in the cost to purchase one?

At this point you don't know if it is statistical noise or not, but the point is when presented a statistical relation between two variables it makes sense to investigate further.

Sure, it could be stupidity, but without further evidence proving there is no causation it would be even worse to not take the chance on upside.

For instance in the arguments about genetics not mattering.
- Genetics don't matter at all, genetic engineering won't create better people, etc. In this case attempting engineering better people is just a futile effort and you lose the investment in $ billions towards it.

- In the case those 80% IQ is genetic, life outcome is based on IQ/genetics etc and you go with the hunch it's not. what do you lose? You lose huge multipliers to economic and intellectual output, you lose benefits to health and crime rate, etc.

In this equation of risk vs reward even the most skeptical of blank slate SJW must see the balance is heavily in favor of genomics. Not to mention the fact most actual data and statistical evidence overwhelming supports it whereas the arguments against are entirely opinion and "hunch" based or simply character attacks against anyone who looks at the data.

>> No.9677184

>>9677177
In one corner

- Huge amounts of evidence, most statistically backed variable in psychology.

vs

- Calling the data -ism and discounting it off hand based on poorly articulated "It could be explained by _________".

It's really pretty low IQ this is a real debate.

>> No.9677188

>genetic superiority
when will this meme die

>> No.9677194

>>9677188
Someone with Cystic Fibrosis is just as healthy as someone without it.

Genetics don't matter. We are all equal.

>> No.9677227

>>9677188
Intelligent process versus random natural process that is done over huge lengths of time via survival selection.

It's like comparing a book written by a human author to one created by a million chimps given a million years in a room with typewriters. The idea you can't comprehend the difference between intelligent choices and random combinations is enough to show your low IQ.

>> No.9677448

>>9676761
>Up IQ by 25% and you eliminate 99%+ of crime.
Crime has little to do with intelligence. In fact, if you increase IQ universally, you're going to oversaturate the market with undervalued "high intelligence" people which would create social unrest. Now, instead of mindless gangbangers and burglars, you get guys a substantial population of pissed off guys who can learn to build explosives or steal your passwords and max out your credit cards.

>> No.9677459

>>9676805
>Do the opposite, +15 IQ avg, now the pool of engineers, scientists, etc goes up hugely and in quality.
Except then you oversaturate the market with those professions and lower the bottom line across the board.

And just for the record, a "low" IQ (by /sci/ standards) doesn't necessarily mean a person is substantially more likely to become a criminal or freeloader. Manufacturing and manual labor jobs were, for all of modern history, occupied by people who /sci/ looks down upon (I know, I know, not one person, but I'm making a generalization because of the number of posters that do). In fact, the vast majority of "low IQ people" are decent and law abiding citizens.

>> No.9677534
File: 71 KB, 960x401, 1523222145205.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9673959

>> No.9677545

>>9677534
lol this is so true.

>> No.9677566

>>9673939
>iraq becoming a democracy
thats just fiction anon. the only way that democracy would even happen in iraq if somehow the religious/ethnic tensions stops all sudden (which wont stop)

>> No.9677573
File: 209 KB, 1024x576, chadsynthhuman.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9677534
>>9677545

>> No.9677580

>>9675674
Also quantum immortality

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_suicide_and_immortality
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YsjrA87Cno

>> No.9677592

>>9677573
>>9676315
>>9676333

>> No.9677862

>>9677459
>He cares about /Sci/s standard of intelligence.
As long as we can stop people from becoming sub 100 IQ by todays standard, were cool. We dont need single moms nor violent savages in our species anymore

>> No.9677866

>>9677459
Aditionally, we can give those jobs to children. Ie. My 12 yo sister could do the work an average adult black man can.

>> No.9677911

>>9677459
>>9677448
They will just vote for universal basic income.

>> No.9678133

>>9673829
>for first time
>what are nephilim

>> No.9678150

>>9673849
Well, I'm a Polish Ashkenazi and I'm dumb as fuck. My whole family is. I had another jew (even more open about his family) at school. He was decent at drawing I guess?

>> No.9678159

>>9673939
>only to find out after comprehensive study all pre-k changes went to 0 impact after a few years
nigga what???

citation needed, or I call bs

>> No.9678184

>>9677081
a sight to behold

>> No.9678186

>>9673829
The hundreds of SNPs found related to IQ still account for less than 10% of variation between individuals.

>> No.9678197

>>9676680
>/pol/ is one hivemind
No

>> No.9678203

>>9677534
Genetic superiority > transhuman robot faggot
(eugenics)

>> No.9678210
File: 92 KB, 700x700, 1419030065974.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9678203
no amount of muscle will ever compare to cold, hard steel