Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Maintenance is complete! We got more disk space.
Become a Patron!

/sci/ - Science & Math


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 577 KB, 601x585, climate.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9659070 No.9659070 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe]

Is this hyperbole?

>> No.9659074

>>9659070
So 25*0 = 0 ?

>> No.9659079

>>9659070
6e6 x 25 = 150e6
I wouldn't put an exact number on it, but 2 percent of the world population probably isn't a scare tactic.
That includes disease, starvation, wars, and genocide committed against people who can't make a living where they are but aren't wanted in other places.

>> No.9659087

>>9659074
/thread

>> No.9659114

>Born in an inhospitable wasteland with a million others
>We are still reproducing for some reason
>All of us die
This is what you're seeing.

>> No.9659127
File: 81 KB, 645x729, 8d6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9659127

>>9659079
>150e6

>> No.9659150
File: 43 KB, 600x400, 1521722732423.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9659150

>>9659074
Maths humor is best humor.

>>9659070
6 million x 25 = 150 million = 2.009% of world population

>131.4 million births per year • 55.3 million people die each year (0.7407%)

So, that's like 3 year's worth of death or so.

>> No.9659157

>>9659070
So it's not going to happen then.

>> No.9659168

Technically true, one way or another.

Scenario 1: The First World does nothing. It lets the hottest, most arid parts of the world die. Most of central and north Africa dies. Parts of Asia move around. Immigration is prevented at the borders. Asia colonizes more of Africa once the Africans die off in those places too hot or too deplete in water to survive. China colonizes more of it for the mining and land.

Scenario 2: The First World adopts the populations from the 3rd world. Borders are removed to allow this. Third Worlders swallow up society's wealth to produce mud people that can't even properly math and hate the natives and somehow the natives existence is an oppression against the interlopers. Large swaths of the middle east and Africa become uninhabited, probably colonized by China for the mining and land.

>> No.9659170

>>9659074
But that`s wrong.
During the Nuremberg trials for exampel some people died, due to the Holocaust.

>> No.9659286

>>9659070
So like 1 Mao Zedong? Lol

>> No.9659304

>>9659070
150M if you believe the Holohoax also?
What's so bad bout this? The world's overfilled with noggers anyways.

>> No.9659314

>>9659070
If we keep on going as today, that's an underestimate. That is, we let the AGT rise +6C.
We'll see if that'll happen.
The big problem is that the process isn't linear, once we hit +2C/450ppm the warming becomes self-sustainable.
That in turn means that after +2C the warming continues even if the human race died overnight. Only way to stop warming after +2C is to actively reduce the CO2 from the atmosphere.

https://youtu.be/Mc_4Z1oiXhY?t=2m25s

>> No.9659332
File: 7 KB, 213x237, hmmm crayons....png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9659332

>>9659074

>> No.9659347

>>9659070
Conservative estimates put climate change at killing 150,000 people per year right now and we're only now feeling the consequences of it.

150,000,000 is probably low balling it

>> No.9659358
File: 49 KB, 640x358, 1497449269255.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9659358

>> No.9659407

>>9659347
Where are you getting this 150,000 number? You can't just include every weather related death and call it due to climate change, hurricanes and floods happen through history.

>> No.9659411

>>9659070
Oy vey!

>> No.9659432

>>9659358
the absolute state of "funny" comics

>> No.9659449

>>9659070
>>9659432
Just a reminder that Mann is a regular on Retractionwatch.com which makes me wonder how he still is employed as a scientist.

>> No.9659450
File: 113 KB, 734x414, brnsckpck.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9659450

>>9659074
>>9659087
>>9659432
back to /pol/

>> No.9659780

>>9659127
There's nothing wrong with that, nigger

>> No.9659787

>>9659432
It's not supposed to be funny

>> No.9659795

>>9659314
>this
Carbon sequestration and emmision scrubbing need to be mandatory

>> No.9659797

>>9659070
Mostly in Africa. So not /our/ problem.

>> No.9659814

>>9659797
>We kill hundreds of millions of people, but it's not a problem because they don't die here
Kill yourself, you nigger in the skin of a mutt

>> No.9659817

>>9659814
>We
No. "I" have a marginal influence at best, likely not even noticeable.
So, I kill no-one.

>> No.9659823

>>9659070
A time scale was not provided.
25 holocausts worth of people over the span of a year would be worse than 25 holocausts worth of people over the span of 100 years.
The yearly death rate is 55 million.
If the 25 holocausts happened in 1 year, the rate would be a 300% increase.
If the 25 holocausts happened over 100 years, the rate would be a 3% increase.

>> No.9659828

>>9659817
>No. "I" have a marginal influence at best, likely not even noticeable.
>So, I kill no-one.
... is what hundreds of millions of people say to themselves to justify the fact that they do not want to pull the lever which would switch the train from the track with people on it to the track without people
>and look at all those other people who didn't pull the lever either!

>> No.9659838

>>9659828
That`s not an argument for me to do anything though. Me decreasing my carbon footprint (or whatever metric you want to go by) won`t change shit about anything these million others do.
Can you give me (a) a compelling reasons why I should change any of my habits and (b) list things that will have an measureable effect if I do?

>> No.9659887

>>9659838
>(a)
To be a role model for others
>(b)
Being a role model for others and convincing them that the earth is worth saving

>> No.9659892

>>9659887
So you admit that you don`t have an actual answer for either?

>> No.9659895

>>9659892
What the difference between my answers and an actual answer?

>> No.9659902

>>9659170
underrated comment

>> No.9659907

>>9659074
fpbp

>> No.9659908
File: 107 KB, 328x328, TRINITY___Judah.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9659908

Does it look like hyperbole?
>Male Lion Kill Cubs After Win The Battle Against Other Male Lion "Not for sensitive viewers"
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5idxn9oPl8

>> No.9659910

>>9659787
the website is supposed to host funny comments, not ideology

>> No.9659912

>>9659895
Me being a role model won`t have any real effect; People with much more social influence and visibility are already doing so, so I doubt that me doing anything of that sort would influence anyone who isn`t already supportive of that cause in any meaningful way.
That`s why that is a non-answer in my opinion.

>> No.9659917

>Is this hyperbole

That depends.
Can /sci/ name 5 things worse than the holocaust?

>> No.9659926

>>9659917
2 Holocausts
3 Holocausts
4 Holocausts
5 Holocausts
The Fate/SN anime

>> No.9659930
File: 77 KB, 480x480, JesusChrist_TheLordGod_KingOfKings.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9659930

>>9659912
>role model
I'm patiently waiting, almost ten years now, to get recognized for my research so the time when the "beware viXra" comments still exist will be terminated. Until then, the main thing I do every day is patiently wait, and sometimes I find activities, lately only meager activities, to occupy my time.

>> No.9659960

>>9659912
>Me being a role model won`t have any real effect;
You might influence 2 people you know to change their life. They might again influence 2 people they know, etc.
It can certainly have an effect

>People with much more social influence and visibility are already doing so
Most "normal" people are not in personal contact with those people, so those "normal" people might feel it is only an exclusive hobby for "those who made it". It's up to a "normal" person like you to show them that it isn't, and that everyone can make a difference

>I doubt that me doing anything of that sort would influence anyone who isn`t already supportive of that cause in any meaningful way
Does it matter whether they were already attracted to the idea of changing their life beforehand, if you are the final cause for them adjusting?

>> No.9659962 [DELETED] 

>>9659814
It ISN'T our problem. It never WAS our problem. WE are not killing anyone. THEY are killing themselves.

Do you see this trend? This is not a sustainable trend. It has never been a sustainable trend. There was NEVER a feasible solution to how this was going to turn out.
Do you know how many children I've had in that region?
How many whores I fucked unprotected?
How many bastards I abandoned?

None.
If you want me to start treating them as humans, then you need to start first; hold them to an acceptable standard and recognize the extent to which they are culpable for their own actions.

>> No.9659964
File: 6 KB, 350x269, Africa-Europe1.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9659964

>>9659814
It lSN'T our problem. It never WAS our problem. WE are not killing anyone. THEY are killing themselves.

Do you see this trend? This is not a sustainable trend. It has never been a sustainable trend. There was NEVER a feasible solution to how this was going to turn out.
Do you know how many children I've had in that region?
How many whores I fucked unprotected?
How many bastards I abandoned?

None.
If you want me to start treating them as humans, then you need to start first; hold them to an acceptable standard and recognize the extent to which they are culpable for their own actions.

>> No.9659991
File: 391 KB, 987x469, 1523304768531.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9659991

>>9659450
Did, it went well

>> No.9659997
File: 6 KB, 350x269, 1523304484921.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9659997

>>9659964
No need to thank me for fixing your image. And climate change is not driven by the African population. The US has a 8x as high ecological footprint per-capita than the poorest African countries, and a 4x as high one as the not-so-poor ones. That means the footprint of 250 million US citizens is at least as big as the footprint of 1 billion Africans (more likely closer to 1.5 billion Africans). This is not a hard concept, it should be possibly for you to grasp it
>inb4 some retarded interpretation of this fact
The logical interpretation would be that people in developed countries should work on reducing their footprint

>> No.9660010

>>9659997
>No need to thank me for fixing your image
https://esa.un.org/unpd/wpp/

The good folks at United Nations Development Programme put a lot of work into researching those demographic projects, who are you to take an eraser to it?

>> No.9660014

>>9659997

>The logical interpretation would be that people in developed countries should work on reducing their footprint

They are. In fact they are the only ones who work on reducing the footprint.

>That means the footprint of 250 million US citizens is at least as big as the footprint of 1 billion Africans (more likely closer to 1.5 billion Africans).

Will be 4 billion Africans or more this century.

>> No.9660016

>>9659997
desperate and seething

>> No.9660022

7 million people die of hunger every year
9 million because of pollution

if that delingpole person is right, i literally just stopped worrying about climate change

>> No.9660048

>>9659074
>>>/pol/

>> No.9660055

>>9660010
>>9660014
Well, then maybe it's time for you to send some condoms to Africa
Just think about it, do 100 bucks hurt you? Probably not
Thats 100 condoms, potentially 100 niggers less
>b-b-but I would be paying so niggers can have sex
You wouldn't, they have sex regardless

>> No.9660058

>>9660055
>I answer peer reviewed studies with shitposting
You'll fit right in on /sci/

>> No.9660062

OK so lets just say climate change is real and we wipe out our species. So what?

>> No.9660066 [DELETED] 

>>9659997
Climate change is fucking peanuts to what they are causing through their explosive population growth.

You're complaining about inhospitably and shortages of resources, meanwhile, they're finding ways to aggressively spread these resources even thinner.
The changes in climate are negligible to how much their quality of life would be if they just STOPPED FUCKING LIKE RABBITS.

>> No.9660072

>>9659997
Climate change is fucking peanuts to what they are causing through their explosive population growth.

You're complaining about inhospitably and shortages of resources, meanwhile, they're finding ways to aggressively spread these resources even thinner.
The changes in climate are negligible to how much their quality of life would be improved if they just STOPPED FUCKING LIKE RABBITS.

>> No.9660077

>>9660055
>Well, then maybe it's time for you to send some condoms to Africa
They won't use them. They aren't interested in sex education or safe sex.

>> No.9660143

>>9660062
Climate change won't wipe out our species. Let's say the scare stories are somewhat correct, and there is a rise in temp and ocean levels. It might cause havoc with civilization but it won't wipe out humans. People will move inland, deal with changing weather patterns, etc. Humans have had to deal with massive climactic changes like this before in prior ice ages and survived as a species. It would be somewhat self correcting over time, since if half of humanity dies off, then industrial production will drop and so will the dreaded emissions, and then over a few decades or centuries, the climate will revert back. However, I think the scare stories are mostly bullshit.

>> No.9660154

>>9660143
>I think
nope

>> No.9660331

>>9659930
Here's an activity for you: take your meds.

>> No.9660338

>>9659074
This board has been overrun by /pol/tard newfags. Don't you people understand you're the niggers of 4chan?

>> No.9660345

>>9659070
No, its not. Mayne in a sese that its delibrately trying to manipulate your emotions so that you click on thier shitty article vut the number of deaths that could reasonably be cuased by climate change is more than 25 holocuasts if anything.

>> No.9660350

>>9659114
>why dont these stupid niggers just stop having kids? Its not like evolution makes people want to have babies or anything

>> No.9660363

>>9660338
like niggers they are not selfaware and think their hot shit

>> No.9660364

>>9660363
they are*

>> No.9660367

>>9659964
Can you teach me how to get statistics from the future on a continent with no standardized census system across all countries?

>> No.9660374

>>9660062
E d g y

>> No.9660375

>>9659070
CLimate change will kill 2225 people? spooky

>> No.9660402

>>9660367
The same way you get temperatures from the future based on carbon that hasn't been emitted yet :^)

>> No.9660472

>>9660402
>implying global warming isn't just the effects of carbon that already exists
Sorry kid, this board just isn't for you.

>> No.9660490

>>9660472
>>implying global warming isn't just the effects of carbon that already exists
Who are you quoting?

>> No.9660499

>>9660490
Oh how they have fallen, the once mighty green text brought low by newfags

>> No.9660506

>>9659070
Since this is the daily "Climate change doesn't exist, brought to you by /pol/" I thought this might be interesting:
http://www.climatefiles.com/shell/1988-shell-report-greenhouse/

>> No.9660510

>>9660506
>brought to you by /pol/
rent free

>> No.9660530
File: 397 KB, 1484x1015, Japan birth rate predictions.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9660530

>>9660058
>I answer peer reviewed studies with shitposting
They have never managed to get a population projection right in 60 years of trying.
https://www.nature.com/news/2011/110511/full/473125a.html

>> No.9660533
File: 964 KB, 2550x1722, Las Vegas suburb.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9660533

>>9660072
>You're complaining about inhospitably and shortages of resources, meanwhile, they're finding ways to aggressively spread these resources even thinner.
This isn't caused by people that live in subsistence economies.

>> No.9660574

>>9660331
I should exterminate everyone who ever typed "take your m3ds"

>> No.9660592

>>9660530
Peer review is just codified shitposting

>> No.9660635

>>9660574
You should take your meds first. Mania is no laughing matter.

>> No.9660653

>>9660530
"forecasts" are straight lines

people are paid money to do shit like this

>> No.9660654

>>9660592
Please leave /sci/.

>> No.9660697

>>9659070
Literally no one should care EXCEPT Amerimutts and Chinks. They are the highest global emitters of greenhouse gases, after all. It doesn't matter how much other countries masturbate to climate policies or carbon taxes; only US and China emissions matter.

>> No.9660761

>>9659074
kek

>> No.9661333

>>9660654
Please read anything before you shitpost about legitimate claims.
https://theconversation.com/hate-the-peer-review-process-einstein-did-too-27405
http://sciencenordic.com/peer-review-lottery
https://www.realclearscience.com/quick_and_clear_science/2017/11/20/can_editors_save_peer_review_from_reviewers.html
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2018/02/24/586184355/scientists-aim-to-pull-peer-review-out-of-the-17th-century
https://www.amazon.com/Peer-Evaluation-Selection-Systems-Maladaptation/dp/0982956908

>> No.9661355

>>9660338
Saying the n word? Not very progressive of you anon.

>> No.9661396

>>9659964
>There was NEVER a feasible solution to how this was going to turn out.
Yes, there is. It's called nuclear and synfuels (i.e. gasoline from electricity and seawater). Then, throw on the brute force solution for negative emissions - the quicklime and basalt method. Problem solved. It wouldn't even cost that much (give or take how much negative emissions we wanted).

>> No.9661433

>>9659070
That image certainly is.

>> No.9661437

>>9659070
I prey for this every night before bed.

>> No.9661458
File: 962 KB, 4999x3488, 1950-2010.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9661458

>>9659070
>Is this hyperbole?
Not at all. In fact, this is an understatement. Climate change would cause so much death that not even a hundred holocausts would match it.

>> No.9661470

>>9661458
>t. Al Gore

>> No.9661473

>>9659074
fpbp

>> No.9661475
File: 171 KB, 1245x639, 1522089934984.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9661475

>>9661470
Ah, yes. I forgot i was on /sci/.

>> No.9661482

>>9661475
Where are the real photos?

>> No.9661489
File: 109 KB, 540x566, 1522085427640.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9661489

>>9661482
You are looking at them. The great thing about science is that it's true whether you believe it, or not.

>> No.9661498

>>9661489
It was due to soviet irrigation program. they derived all feeding waters to supply fields.

>> No.9661503
File: 20 KB, 306x306, Pepe..jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9661503

>>9661498
That's lake Chad, you fuckwit.

>> No.9661515

>>9661503
well, then it is up to brave women of color to solve this issue :^)


not to mention it grew in size since 2011 you can look it up on google maps

>> No.9661518

>>9659070
This is why I don't take climate change faggots seriously.

The earth getting 1.7% warmer, if Co2 concentrations in the atmosphere DOUBLE. Yes, this can be accepted as a truth. Yes, it's pretty likely it's man-made. Got it.

But this fags take that then they dream up the wildest ass speculation of what impact that will actually have. Super-hurricanes, mass-extinctions, ocean deoxygenation, (99 out of 100 """"Climatologists"""" agree) UNLESS WE ACT NOW, aka, give them money.

>> No.9661521
File: 187 KB, 1024x786, li1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9661521

>>9661515
>well, then it is up to brave women of color to solve this issue :^)
>Get BTFO
>Start race baiting
Pathetic.

>not to mention it grew in size since 2011 you can look it up on google maps
A complete lie.

>> No.9661528
File: 765 KB, 1024x576, Alt-Right starter pack..png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9661528

>>9661518
>99 out of 100 """"Climatologists"""" agree
If you think their wrong, You're
welcome to try to debunk. Until then, i will take the words of the consensus of the scientific community than the words of some sperg on 4chinz.

>> No.9661529

>>9661521
It's shrunk due to damming of it's upstream water sources. Anyways, it's more of a floodplain than a 'lake' it has never been a deep body of water.

>> No.9661530

>>9659780
Nuh uh, it's 1.5e8

>> No.9661540

>>9661528
I don't need to debunk conjecture and guesses. That's not how logic works. I can do that too, I predict global warming will make the planet more habitable, increase arable land and world energy consumption will decrease due to warmer winters. Now debunk that statement. You can't because there is no verifiable information on either side to prove it one way or another.

They don't know what the impact of global warming means and neither does anybody else.

>> No.9661548
File: 1.25 MB, 680x567, Tomoko.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9661548

>>9660530
Japan population problem with fix itself. As population decreases, land and housing get cheaper and demand for new employees increases. Young people with lots of room and good paying jobs will start having more children.
The "value" of motherhood increases ans the need for children increases, the state will provide generous aid to women who choose motherhood.

>> No.9661559

>>9659407
His ass, just like all climate change scientists

>> No.9661567

>>9661548
They tried this in Germany. They offer monthly paychecks to people to have kids and Germans still refuse to do it. So they imported a ton of people.

Westerners value making money over making kids and people's self-image is wrapped into what they do to make money. Result of that are women focused on careers, not sitting at home and spending money on kids.

>> No.9661570

>>9661540
>I don't need to debunk conjecture and guesses
I don't think so. Your bullshit is ''conjecture and guesses''. They actually have data and evidence to back them up. Unless you disprove theirs and provide your own then you're wrong.

>> No.9661577
File: 79 KB, 600x800, Stop_2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9661577

>>9661567
>So they imported a ton of people.

NO... wait till the population falls enough that the native population rebounds. Importing people into a falling population will only end up with the native population replaced with immigrants and THEIR children. It is suicide for a country to import immigrants while the native population is decreasing... SUICIDE!

>> No.9661583

>>9661540
>I don't need to debunk conjecture and guesses. That's not how logic works.
What a pathetic cop out. No surprise climate change deniers are treated like flat earthers in the scientific community.

>> No.9661586

>>9661577
>wait till the population falls enough that the native population rebounds.
The native population isn't gonna rebound.
Modern western culture, ideology and values are anti-natalist to the core.

>> No.9661593

>>9661489

They are CGI. Where's the substantive evidence?

>> No.9661600
File: 6 KB, 390x470, 1509424708688.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9661600

>>9661593
>They are CGI
Fucking 4chinz man. Your delusional mental gymnastics are a thing to behold.

>> No.9661604

>>9661586
>he native population isn't gonna rebound.

BULLSHIT... picture the Black Plague... after huge population drop the native population exploded and the Renaissance started.

Germany is committing racial, cultural, and religious, suicide by importing so many middle Easter and African Muslims. Germany will stop being a German nation and become an African nation in Europe.

>> No.9661619

>>9661604
>BULLSHIT... picture the Black Plague... after huge population drop the native population exploded and the Renaissance started.

False equivalence. The culture, values and ideology of medieval Europe are completely different to modern Europe, It's completely alien in fact.

>Germany is committing racial, cultural, and religious, suicide
Germany already committed religious suicide when it abandoned Christianity long ago and cultural suicide by the end of WW2. All that remains is the racial aspect, but that will also disappear due to the nature of Capitalism.

>> No.9661647

>>9661600
You're the cuck blindly accepting CGI from NASA. Real scientists want substantive evidence. Not hysterical apocalypse laden rhetoric. Where's the independent verification of "climate change" causing such chaos?

The real science is not on your side: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ooq_ZCmSIcY

>> No.9661650
File: 145 KB, 630x590, spot_the_difference.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9661650

>>9661619

When the young have LOTS of space and good paying jobs and the women are VALUED as mothers then they WILL have large families.

The state needs to guarantee young women that if they devote the first half of their lives to motherhood that they WILL have opportunities for careers AND have a financially secure retirement.
There is NO reason to import welfare immigrants on the hope that they will breed and supply new citizens.

>> No.9661663

>>9659070
That estimate is pretty bleak despite being relatively low, but focusing on deaths fails to communicate the misery that falls upon the living. Just because your region doesn't immediatly collapse doesn't mean it can't become unbearably shitty or that you won't be fucked through sheer chance.

>> No.9661668
File: 8 KB, 275x455, 16729192_1116182171825005_8781177327464615347_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9661668

>>9659150
Doesn't seem so bad now that you mention it.

>> No.9661738

>>9660072
Problem here is although their population is explsoive, and it's horrible, they don't really consume resources or generate carbon like western people do.

So yeah, it's bad that they are reproducing, they live like europeans did in the Dark Ages. So until they all start motoring around in SUVs and flying airplanes and eating their own weight in cheeseburgers every week, they are not contributing to any real environmental damage.

You gotta find another reason to cull them.

>> No.9661741
File: 14 KB, 600x600, 1499899967142.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9661741

>>9659074

>> No.9661764

>>9659070
We got some flat earth tier shitposting here. "Google maps is CGI" , posting talk shows as evidence. It's honestly kinda depressing, we have a lot of metrics and they all point to a depressing future of our planet. We have massive garbage piles floating through the ocean, ocean acidification is wrecking coral reefs and crustaceans, ecosystems are collapsing left and right, and the ice caps are melting. We are probably gonna do fine as a species, it's everything else I'm worried about.

>> No.9661770

>>9661583
>>9661570
You both copped-out with you weak responses.

Point to one semi-legit study that backs up these claims of super-hurricanes with any facts besides "climate scientists suggest'.

They don't even know if there will be MORE clouds or LESS clouds. Or rain or less? They cover their bases by saying everything will either be underwater a disease-producing jungle or a desert. It's all bullshit fearmongering, backed up with more bullshit, intended to sell something.

I don't know why people drink this flavor of Kool-Aid. It's much easier to stick to facts about resource scarcity and economic collapse due to reliance on fossil fuels than try to scare people into buying shit.

>> No.9661776

>>9659074
(((/sci/))) on suicide watch

>> No.9661779
File: 226 KB, 450x247, dumber libidiot liar corrupt to the core.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9661779

>>9659070
Gee.. ah... is the picture any help with determining that ?

>> No.9661781

>>9659150
Oh, this one has intelligence and perspective.
You're hired.

>> No.9661783

>>9659168
>Technically true, one way or another.
the absolute state of retards today

>> No.9661808

>>9661770
The best analogy I can give you is. Imagine a baseball player who starts using steroids. He hits a homerun. Can you say with certainty that that particular homerun was cause by steroids? No. But you CAN say that the frequency of steroids will increase because of steroids.


Also, 20 seconds using Nature's search engine.
https://www.nature.com/articles/nature06422

>> No.9663814

>>9661577
Back to the containment board, you.
>>>/pol/

>> No.9663830

>>9661738
>hey don't really consume resources or generate carbon like western people do.
They consume THEIR OWN resources.
Feeding yourself is one thing. Feeding 5 bastards is another.

And that's what this whole thing amounts to; The fact that the single guy who would have survived hardships is now going to die because he had 5 bastards, and he's going to take his 5 bastards with him.

In other words, I suddenly go from causing inconvenience to some dirt farmer, to being responsible for hextuple homicide. All because he had children he could never provide for to begin with.

>> No.9663880

>>9661779
That picture was used by James Delingpole, a known climate-change denier.

>> No.9663898

>>9660350
this but unironically
>durr hoominz r robots

>> No.9663901

>>9661567
>They offer monthly paychecks to people to have kids
isn't that only for muslims

>> No.9663907

>>9659074
That's pretty funny.

>> No.9663911
File: 16 KB, 81x121, war reddit.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9663911

>>9660338
Hello newfag!

>> No.9663916

>>9663901
It wasn't originally, but it probably will be once they give this batch of 'refugees' citizenship, they can make a living by making babies? Then ethnic Germans that have jobs will be forced childess in order to pay for it.

Kinda funny to see a ethnic group deliberately commit suicide like this every 40-50 years. Silly Germans.

>> No.9664169

>>9659168
>China always wins

I guess the chink Jew is behind it all

>> No.9664171

>>9659912
Spotted the nihilist. Everything you do matters, and it multiplies. Of you lead by example, others will automatically look up to you and follow.
Everything you do matters and you have the burden of responsibility that comes with that. Anything else are just mental gymnastics of weak people that are afraid of the responsibility.

>> No.9665456

>>9659074
Based

>> No.9665482

>>9661396
This is embarrassingly short-sighted and simplistic.

There have been multiple efforts to install stable infrastructure in those regions in on scales far more reasonable than anything you're recommending and each one of them fails because the population (be they unable or unwilling) does not maintain them.

This isn't just about an energy crisis. This is a population that has declining self-sufficiency and on a downward spiral.

>> No.9665493

>>9659074
I came here to post this.

>> No.9665536

>>9665482
"those regions"
What regions?
France and South Korea are doing pretty well w.r.t. nuclear.

Synthetic gasoline is still experimental, but IMO it represents our best chance, and we should be pouring lots of money into that (and also lots of money into research into any and all alternatives).

>> No.9665542

>>9665536
Woops. Forgot trip.

But yea, I think we're talking past each other. I'm talking about a way to stop human CO2 emissions, and maybe even pull substantial amounts of existing CO2 out of the air. It seems quite doable.

>> No.9665582

>>9665542
>>9665536
>What regions.
The regions listed in the image, you twat.

>> No.9665601 [DELETED] 

>>9665582
Don't respond to give "scientist"'s lies any response.

>> No.9665615

>>9665582
Don't respond to "scientist"'s lies.

>> No.9665626

>>9659170
6 million jews killed hitler

>> No.9665718

>>9659070
If anything it's a ridiculous lowball.

>> No.9666206
File: 36 KB, 400x460, 1507464603576.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9666206

>>9659074

>> No.9666248

>>9659079
So which part of the climate is changing per the most accurate model? Is it just rich coastal cities getting BTFO or something else?

>> No.9666250

>>9665542
If you had a trillion dollars would you build a mars colony or a CO2 scrubber?

>> No.9666295

>>9659070
so, about 14 mliions will be killed? And most of them in Africa and Asia?

>> No.9666298

>>9659070
That's only like 150mil and over who knows how many years.
That's not good enough if we want to fix overpopulation.

>> No.9666301

>>9666250
we're just giving 1.4 trillion away to the 1% for no reason

>> No.9666468

Sounds like most of the world will just be able to outbreed climate change then.

>> No.9666473

>>9659070
150 million is a pretty conservative figure in my opinion, we could reach that with another major war, easy.

>> No.9666697

>>9659074
only opened the thread for this post

>> No.9666701

>>9659070
so twice as many people as die in a year?

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
reCAPTCHA
Action