[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 25 KB, 354x416, DBC697B9-B744-461C-8163-E95DC84519DB.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9570146 No.9570146 [Reply] [Original]

Jesus Christ the meme about CS majors being autistic is actually true. Took an intro to programming unit and half my fucking class are completely autistic virgins who constantly brag loudly to everyone around them about how much they know and try to make inside jokes to the lecturers and tutors (who seem very normal) about coding or Linux or whatever. Post stories of autistic cs majors here, I guess

>> No.9570147

nice post

this is my last post ever on 4chan

it's been fun, been here since 06 and I'll miss you all terribly, but5 ti can no longer stand shit like op

goodnight

>> No.9570148

>>9570146
We're not all autistic. All 4 years of my degree I just sat in the back of the class and didn't talk to a single person or make any friends

Wait...

>> No.9570157
File: 62 KB, 450x532, edgy-supreme-jpg[1].119217_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9570147

>t.

>> No.9570162

Yeah, it's a very real stereotype OP

I got a degree in CS and then got a completely unrelated job in government administration because I couldn't handle being surrounded by autists anymore

>> No.9570208
File: 42 KB, 571x618, 1519634765283.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>doing CS in community college
>expecting to see anything but redditors

>> No.9570217

>Do a bachelor of IT
>Everyone is a fucking spastic and they all wanna be my friend because I'm charismatic and muscular
>stop going to class in like week three because all of the lecturers are chinks or pajeets who barely speak English
>regardless, get constant messages from my autistic peers for three years asking me to do gay shit like fly drones even though I only ever see them at exams

At least your virgin nerds didn't wanna be your bestie OP.

>> No.9570225

>>9570208
They're almost all Ledditors

>> No.9570305

>>9570217
>Do bachelor of IT
>Actually pretty asocial since I spent years without any social interaction after school
>In classes that require group work I force myself to perform well and take initiative
>Just by introducing myself to a table I'm seen as the competent one in the class
>Perform well in oral presentations even though I'm terribly anxious
>Still heads above the fucking chinks, muds and recent high-school grads that either can't speak English or are too afraid to do anything
They don't even try. The fucking foreigners stick to themselves and speak their own languages in their own time so they never get better at English and the teenagers are all so worried about looking cool and have no weight on their shoulders to achieve well. They're all fucking out of shape too. They're not dedicated to anything but their own hedonistic pleasures just to make it through life with minimal effort.

>> No.9570423

>>9570146
I took a semester of comp sci courses at my local community college a few years ago. Wanted to check it out, see if it interested me. The classes were exactly like you said. The craziest shit I saw was in their computer lab I sat next to an actual /r9k/ robot. Probably 5’8” 300 pounds, smelled like complete shit, couldn’t walk without stopping to breathe and recoup, and couldn’t talk without mumbling shit to himself under his breath. He spent most of the time looking at traps and reading those weird waifu fuck story greentexts. Full screen, no shame giggling his ass off and breathing really heavy when looking at trannies. That was when all of my doubts and curiosity about this website came true, legitimately didn’t think there were actual people like that, thought it was just a meme.

>> No.9570424

>>9570147
See you tomorrow

>> No.9570433

Imagine being so autistic that you have to make up fake stories about "autistic" people on an anonymous imageboard

>> No.9570446

>>9570433
>>9570423
This kid was very very real. Won’t ever forget him

>> No.9570716

>>9570433
t. buttflustered 5'8" 300lb autist

>> No.9570849

>>9570146
They'll drop out eventually, don't sweat it

>> No.9570899

>>9570146
Engineers are pretty autistic too. I bet you'd find a lot of autist math majors, but applied math is a pretty normie degree so idrk.

Autism is less prevalent in better schools - except for MIT or CalTech, probably. I'm willing to bet there's a fair share of chad programmers at Harvard.

>> No.9570912

>>9570899
>I bet you'd find a lot of autist math majors
In my limited experience, the math majors are not very "autistic" in our colloquial derogatory use of that term. The fedoras are actually usually quite bad at math.

>> No.9570948

Mech/control systems E here, people are generally pretty normal, there isn't a single person you could call autistic

>> No.9570968

>>9570148
>"Wait..."
Go back to r*ddit.

>> No.9571015

I know a guy in mechanical engineering. We have completely different majors yet I somehow met him through sheer luck. Guy is a short Asian who only talks about anime and boasts about being an otaku. He also won’t admit he wants to fuck lolis despite the fact his ‘waifu’ is a little girl. He brings around his waifu pillow publicly and I’ve never been more ashamed/interested in how a person can be this way.
The only other person I’ve met who somehow matches and slightly surpasses his autism is this one dude who wants to move to LA to voice act on spongebob and dances to hatsune miku music in public. He has legit autism, I can tell because he’s extremely monotone and tries to express emotions by raising his voice only. Leads to a lot of screaming. I don’t honestly know how I meet these people, but it’s probably that I’m equally as bad but unaware of it.

>> No.9571076

>>9570146
Not CS but CPE in fluff engineering orientation class for public speaking and that sort of stuff
>3 person presentation on cyber security
>obviously they didn’t prepare
>2 were pajeets
>non-pajeet couldn’t stop shaking and stammering his speech
>pajeets literally struggled to read off the PowerPoint
>excruciating to watch
>wouldn’t stop talking about wages and job growth
>said some bullshit about self aware AI
>professor is this old tenured Cuban dude that did a bunch of noteworthy shit on solid state in the Soviet block
>clearly doesn’t wanna be there
>professor losing his shit
>baits them with a question
>”why not just put a lock on your keyboard”
>pajeets don’t understand and start arguing with him
>after class the 3 start talking about how much smarter than the professor they are
How are they this delusional? Is it genuine autism or has modern society created/evolved a clade of complete scum to litter the earth?

>> No.9571092

>>9570423
Fake. It cannot exist.

>> No.9571133

>in OOP class this semester as an elective
>kid in the back incessantly hums throughout entire lecture, every lecture
>prof has repeatedly reminded him to stop
why does CS attract this type?

>> No.9571161

>>9571133
There's this one fat fuck that does the same in my class. Jesus.

>> No.9571165

i think the only thing worse than an autist is an autist posing as a normie.

>meet college roommate
>he's completely unoriginal in almost every way.
>everything he says a pre-canned response that he says with the exact same tonality every time.
>has almost nothing to say about anything that isn't pretailored to be generally unoffensive and to go with the flow.
>has zero real sense of humor. only laughs at things that physically happen in front of him or fake laughs in front of people he wants to get along with.
>doesen't actually contribute to conversation. he just hangs out in a group and adds shit here and there just biding his time.
>almost everything he thinks does uses or wears is taken from someone else.
>popular kid in our dorm has some retarded smell-o-pod that blasts obnoxiously strong odors of generically "good" smelling things like cinimon, strawberries, etc...
>a week into the semester now he has one. still never uses it.
>popular kid in our dorm has a moving desktop background and is showing it off to everyone.
>two days later now he has one.
>get new glasses via delivery a week into the semester.
>two weeks later he now has the exact same style of glasses.
>wears mario t-shirts.
>has those god awful weird big headed figurines.
>has a nintento switch
>"muh smash bros!!!"
>"muh old gamecube games!!!"

he is autistic as fuck but somehow he has made himself into a Frankenstein's monster of everybody else's personalities.

>> No.9571174
File: 39 KB, 426x341, 1490728970225.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9571165
You literally described me to a T. What the fuck.

>> No.9571175

>>9571161
is it also an OOP class?

>> No.9571177
File: 7 KB, 225x225, 1518113013246.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mfw base 2 jokes

>> No.9571179

>>9571165
gamecube had some pretty good games tho

>> No.9571185

>>9571179
desu yeah but i keep it to myself.

>> No.9571186

>>9570424
This

>> No.9571216

>>9570146
>Took an intro to programming unit and half my fucking class are completely autistic virgins who constantly brag loudly to everyone around them about how much they know and try to make inside jokes to the lecturers and tutors (who seem very normal) about coding or Linux or whatever
It's funny but you have to understand they're like this because they lack strong male role models or worse are the children of single moms.

>> No.9571217

>>9570899
I went to a school primarily for engineering, Colorado School of Mines, and surprisingly there weren't too many autists there. Not many girls either though. The school was honestly fun as fuck.

>> No.9571246
File: 5 KB, 194x211, images (4).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9570146
>>9570148
>>9570162
>>9570208
>>9570217
>>9570305
>>9570423
>>9570899
>>9571015
>>9571076
>>9571133
>>9571216
Does this shit really happen in America? I'm doing Mechanical Engineering and most of my classmates are very social and cool people, the one that look like autists are shy but they're not annoying or say stupid shit, and when you talk to them they're really just normal dudes that are just a bit shy. I actually bought into the STEM is full of autistic virgins meme and I was pleasantly surprised, seems like it's an American thing.

>> No.9571323

>>9571246
you realize most of these posts are about CS... right?

>> No.9571332
File: 101 KB, 1280x720, Roy Batty.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9571165
He's a replicant trying to imitate a human.

>> No.9571333

>>9571332
But replicants have extremely distinct personalities. That's the irony.

>> No.9571335

>>9571076
>How are they this delusional?
I fucking know. I never meet a pajeet that wasn't delusionnal, I don't understand

>> No.9571340

>>9571333
His sure sounds distinct to me.
You noticed it enough to post on 4chan about it.

>> No.9571365

>>9571323
It's the same shit though. I know people from software and computer engineering (as close as it gets to CS) and they're all normal dudes.

>> No.9571379

>>9571246
In my experience at one uni in Australia,

CS is a major as part of the bachelor of IT degree. It's full of underachievers who just want a job and kind of like technology so they don't know what they want to do. It's not full of nerds, in fact, the property tend to be normal since they are the average underachieving normalfag. It's math majors and engineers that tend to be the weirder people. I don't know how many times I've spoken to an arrogant engineer in a programming unit that thought he would smash the course but couldn't grasp basic fucking concepts. This keeps happening for some reason.

>> No.9571394

>>9571133
Fuugg your post reminds me of this girl I had some classes with in middle school. I believe she had legit autism, but yeah she would sing randomly in class and had a huge crush on Clay Aiken. When I pointed out the fact that he was gay she actually REEEEE'd.

>> No.9571408
File: 125 KB, 800x371, sojak gay bowser.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9571165
>>9571165
>>two weeks later he now has the exact same style of glasses.
>>wears mario t-shirts.
>>has those god awful weird big headed figurines.
>>has a nintento switch
>>"muh smash bros!!!"
>>"muh old gamecube games!!!"

>> No.9571451

>>9571174
not that anon but if you have the capacity to admit something like that, then no that definitely isn't you

a true autist shamelessly has no self-awareness

>> No.9571485

>>9571451
Well I'm obviously not that over the top, the switch and mario t-shirts part is pure autism, but the rest of what he said is pretty much me. When I became 17 and realized I had no personality of my own and was beyond being able to build one (you're supposed to build that chit since childhood), I just started copying how other people behave and things have gotten better since then, but I'm super self conscious about it. I wish I could have my own personality but it's way too late now. I can tell people know that I'm just a shell with no personality but they still apparently like to have me around, go figure. The alternative is being a shut-in and talking to no one, and that's what fucked me up since the beginning so no way I'm going back to that. It really fucks with my confidence though, I know I have the potential to be better but I would have to basically start life all over again.

>> No.9571511

>>9570433
Imagine being so autistic that you're unable to tell you're autistic

>> No.9571550

Please post more stories of CS autists. I enjoy reading them.

>> No.9571659

>>9571177
I remember having to cope with this fucking retard who would constantly make stale, unoriginal chemistry jokes when I was in my high-school's chem olympiad team.
Every single fucking word he spurted out of his mouth was a pathetic attempt to gain sympathy from the others.
Good thing he only ruined the first semester of the thing for me since being the retard he was he didn't even make it to the second test.

>> No.9571674

>>9571340
The only reason I notices that he pretty much only copies others is because I hate him and was subconsciously pushed to justify my hatred. That's when I told hit me that's the reason I hate him is because of thee aforementioned description. I tried to be personable and nice, but it's hard to get along with someone who has virtually zero personality.

Oh well. I found some other less boring friends anyway.

>> No.9571705

>>9570146
my grad school roommate is a cs major, and clearly an /r9k/ browser, constantly feels sorry for himself and blames others, hates women because he cant get any because he tries neging them and shit, and constantly complains. Which is pretty strange to me because he's actually not autistic, not terrible looking and can hold conversations with girls while looking them in the eye, he just always fucks up the dialogue by being an ass.

>> No.9571738

>>9571408
What's funny about that picture is that whoever made it obviously has a deep fondness for Mario.

>> No.9571751

>>9570147
>my last post ever on 4chan
I see you tomorow

>> No.9571763
File: 99 KB, 561x595, IMG_1932.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9570146
I'm in my first 30 hours at a community college and my major is listed as CS. I have the basics of programming down and I like math. I wouldn't say I'm passionate about CS, but it's pretty cool. I have pretty much 0 interest in software development, I don't care about apps or video games and I don't really like computers all that much, I view using them as a necessary evil to the virtually unlimited information on the internet. Mostly just to get books and post/lurk a few chans.

The stereotypes are definitely true. I'm autistic as fuck but I'm self aware so I just stay quiet and don't bother anyone or draw attention to myself. The rest of the class is a mix of foreigners and a few extremely arrogant autistic fags who loudly brag about the most mundane shit. It's a community college intro to programming class, it isn't exactly an accomplishment worth bragging about but these fags constantly do all day.
>yeah dude I totally know how to use the Scanner object type to get user input, it's so easy coding is easy as fuck
Heard a guy say this the other day. I haven't gotten less than a 95 on anything yet and it annoys me how they always glance over at me with these supercilious smug smirks, their face says it all, they assume everyone who isn't a loud fool like them is clearly a brainlet struggling with the class. Every time the professor says anything they raise their hands and spew the most retarded shit with these retarded smug smirks, they never ask anything they just try to show off how much they know. I can't imagine being around people like this for long without going insane. At least I can take solace in knowing they'll probably start failing out pretty early on. Still, maybe I should change majors.

>> No.9571776
File: 89 KB, 720x960, 1519215683920.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9571246

>> No.9571916

>>9570147
cya tomorrow

>> No.9571993

>>9570147
see ya tomorrow buddy

>> No.9572089

>>9570146
I saw it all.
Fedoras
Neckbeards
Linuxfags
Trenchcoats
Greasy hair
I saw one kid with a Naruto headband.
There was another kid with a fake tail hanging out of the back of his pants.
Half of the kids were into D&D, WoW, MtG, Minecraft, and LARPing (there was actually a LARPing club at my school where kids would fight with foam weapons and shit).
0,1, maybe 2 females in a class.

CS is pretty much all of the kids that are into nerd culture but aren't actually smart.
The legit kids only showed up for exams.

Most of the stereotypes for CS exist for a reason.

>> No.9572112

>>9572089
Was this at a community college?

>> No.9572124

>>9572112
No. State college. Mainly engineering/science.

>> No.9572132

>>9572124
I'm at a state college and I guess I see it too, but it's not as prevalent as one would think. Like I clearly notice it but engineering/CS here is mostly just normies that don't actually care about their major and just want a job or people that know the boundaries between having a social life and being a nerd/loser.

>> No.9572291

>>9570305
>>Just by introducing myself to a table I'm seen as the competent one in the class

This literally happened in my final university class. It's scary how accurate this line is

>>9571246
>Does this shit really happen in America?

Yes. Absolutely yes. Autism is widespread in every computer science program across the country.

>> No.9572296

I love autistic CS spergs
Talk to them one on one instead of in a group and they're interesting people

>> No.9572297

>>9572089
>I saw it all.
>Fedoras

I saw less than 5 at my university in 4 years luckily. I was in uni from 2012-2016.

>Neckbeards

True neckbeards (obese and completely unkempt facial hair) were pretty rare. Neckbeard lites are everywhere though

>Linuxfags

This was like 20% of every CS class hahaha

>Trenchcoats

At least one kid in every class

>Greasy hair

EVERYWHERE

>I saw one kid with a Naruto headband.

Were you in uni in 2007? If so, that's almost to be expected.

If this was within the past few years, wow-wee that's rough.

>There was another kid with a fake tail hanging out of the back of his pants.

I knew three people like this freshman year. Two dropped out and the last one figured out that girls were repulsed by him so he stopped

>Half of the kids were into D&D, WoW, MtG, Minecraft, and LARPing (there was actually a LARPing club at my school where kids would fight with foam weapons and shit).

Yes lmao, half of the classes was still into Minecraft
Don't get me wrong -- Minecraft is fun, but taking it as a serious obsession as an adult after the year 2011 is a bit shocking

>> No.9572304

>>9572297
The most neckbeard, greasy haired, D&D, MtG, WoW fedora fag in all of my classes is also the most social with an 8/10 aussie qt gf
He's every 4chan meme combined with the opposite of every 4chan meme, it confuses me

>> No.9572325

>>9571165
>>doesen't actually contribute to conversation. he just hangs out in a group and adds shit here and there just biding his time.
Fug thas me.

Took me 3 years to finally find a group of people who were comfortable with it and didnt ask me shit like 'why are you so quite anon?', 'say something anon', 'what would you say if you could talk anon?' all the god damn time.

>> No.9572340

Welcome to the computer industry anon. Don't worry about all the autists, in half a year most of the useless autists will be gone, only the ones who'll actually succeed and a few who'se parents are retards will be left. By next year you'll realize you're wasting your time by attending most classes and you'll start studying more at home. I'm going to graduate this year and I have only attended maybe a dozen classes 'till now, I have already gone through everything I need to graduate and some more. I pass the time by doing freelance IT jobs and I'll probably land a solid job right after graduating.

>> No.9572346

>>9570147
see you on /mlp/

>> No.9572347

>>9572296
This, they don't pose. They're just genuinely themselves.

>> No.9572349

>>9572340
>you'll start studying more at home
This is happening to me, I'm getting paranoid I'm doing the wrong thing by not going to the lectures
But all my classes are online and I feel like I study better at home (especially programming, on my own rig)

>> No.9572357

>>9570423
I just don't think I can believe that without witnessing it myself.

>> No.9572368

>>9570147
>this thread led to CS babby leaving /sci/ forever
based OP

>> No.9572378

>>9571165
It's hard being a high functioning aspie, give him a break.

>> No.9572379

>>9570146
Most of the gross ones will be gone by third year

>> No.9572387

>>9570146
>Took an intro to programming unit and half my fucking class are completely autistic virgins who constantly brag loudly to everyone around them about how much they know and try to make inside jokes to the lecturers and tutors (who seem very normal) about coding or Linux or whatever
IME these types get filtered out pretty quickly. Or at least, something caused them all to mysteriously vanish in the middle of my sophomore year.

>> No.9572397

Oh another thing I noticed: the people consistently asking the absolute stupidest questions usually had an anime wallpaper or some form of anime paraphernalia on clear display

>> No.9572456

>>9572397
>asking the absolute stupidest questions
Examples?

>> No.9572468

>>9571165
Are these people self aware?

>> No.9572478

>>9571217
I was looking at that place a while back. I would have loved to do mining engineering

>> No.9572526

>>9572349
Don't worry anon, I also prefer studying at home partly for the same reason, I can't stand having to use one tiny screen and a shitty keyboard while also being surrounded by people of questionable intelligence, while I could study at my own pace using my two 24" monitors and my custom meemchanical keyboard without having a mouthbreather sitting behind me with his twinjet gaymen laptop blowing hot air on my head.

>> No.9572777

>>9570147
hit too close to home CS loser?

>> No.9572844

>>9570217
>be in IT
>bro tier major. Everyone is friendly and collaborates with each other
>notice someone who barely showers and doesnt seem to be involved with anything
>try to interact with him and get him to become friendly with others in the maior
> he just mumbled something about his gains and waddles away
>he stops showing up to class
>actually concerned that he killed himself
>try to get him involved again in something that any normal person would find fun

Why are some people so fucking autistic jesus christ

>> No.9572855

Most will drop out by the second year. Upper class men CS are pretty normal desu

>> No.9572873

>>9571379
Lol yup
If you don't already have knowledge of programming languages it is extremely difficult to jump into it as an adult with no background. I managed it because I have no life, but half of the people in my CS classes were navy vets or terrible weebs that knew some html and they were all gone after the first two weeks. Funny that the only people in the end of the semester were a few normies, a fifteen year old that already had a job doing back end coding at some firm, and this super hot red head. If I hadn't been so constantly drunk I would have asked her for her number.

>> No.9574010

>>9570146
>the meme about CS majors
Lrn2meme fgt pls

>> No.9574022

>>9570146
>its another /sci/ is obsessed with CS thread

Success breeds jealousy. Also, I've only seen a couple autist. Most people are normal.

>> No.9574026
File: 1023 KB, 400x252, POWERPUNCH.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9570147
Welcome back friend

>> No.9574044

>>9574022
really depends where you go. the CS society at my university is literally a game room, and everyone i know who has seen it makes fun of them.

the 10% of CS majors who are legit spergs make the whole major look bad

>> No.9574052

>>9570147
spotted the victim of irl bullying

>> No.9574106

>>9574044
Where do you go?
I go to an average school, nothing special in my state, and the CS department is well respected. No one bashes it like they do in /sci/. That goes for education or the people. At the end of the day /sci/ memes are just memes and don't reflect reality.

>> No.9574184

>>9571133

I have this. I constantly hum. It annoys everybody around me. And it isn't just music in my head, if I don't have a song in my head, usually do, but if i dont, I make up a tune and then "do da do da" for 30 mins. I don't know what it is or what it means but ive done this since I was a child and 44 now. I never noticed it until 20's because people started asking me to stop but now it even bugs me. You cant stop, you can only catch yourself and then briefly stop till you catch yourself again. Sorry world!

>> No.9574293

>>9571379
>At the end of the day American memes are just memes and America doesn't reflect reality.
ftfy

>> No.9574322

>>9571485
im sure u wont believe me but you are wrong

one of the biggest differences that can separate two people is self-awareness. you have it, the person described in that story doesn't. there is a massive chasm between both of you. self-aware people are unequivocally always more intelligent, and have the capacity to become more intelligent

and
>no personality
personality is a meme who cares. i had this year long period in my late teens where i'd be like "holy shit i don't have a personality; who the fuck am i?" and "i can't think of anything to say.. really who am i?" and then when i'd do something that resembled somewhat of a personality i'd fixate on it and question it over and over

eventually u learn it's all a meme and who needs a "personality" anyway

>> No.9574332

>>9572387
i hope so.. there's this fat kid in my class which is the only thing separating it from being an awesome class of people.

he's one of the only fat people in the entire city, and he's hard to look at. he always raises his hand and takes 5 minutes to say something that could be said in 10 seconds.. and when he gets something wrong (and he usually does) he will wait for the teacher to say the answer while he goes "uhhh i know it i know it i just cant t hink of it" and then he will blurt out "yeah that's what i meant". every time he gets something wrong he gets all embarrassed and has to rectify the situation

there's 10 minutes in every class with him dedicated to listening to him posturing

he also talks about idubbbz a lot

he only attends like half of the lectures, i hope he dies or drops out

>> No.9574337

>>9572526
Thanks for the validation
Also at home:
>can pause lectures for pee/caffeine breaks
>wear comfy slippers
>make great sandwiches
>not get wet when it rains
>program with cat on lap
>avoid freshman flu

>> No.9574424

>>9570433
Inception

>> No.9574426

>>9571217
I fucked your girlfriend Travis

>> No.9574551
File: 185 KB, 1280x960, 1520441294797.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9570146
I didnt even know this is a meme until reading this thread. Ive always found cs majors arrogant and cocky as fuck, compared to math majors who are bro tier.

I guess its because they spent their youth coding instead of having sex with girls theyre so pissed. Now that they have a bit more authority they become assholes.

>> No.9574560

At CMU, I find most people are normies. The white people tend to be the best, but they're the most 'nerdy' or 'geeky'. The asians seem to be the most humble; you get the vibe they're just there to study. The indians are probably the most cancerous; their dads are usually executives at big companies and they're just in CS for the money. However, I get the sense it's just a minority making the majority look bad. The blacks are usually pretty humble too because they realize everything is against them and they just have to work really hard.

>> No.9574597

>>9570305
>Chinks and muds
Yeah I wouldn't want to integrate myself among racists neither if I were them.

>> No.9574660

>>9570899
>I'm willing to bet
there is no wagering at 4chan, Grandpa

>> No.9574827

Didn't know this was a meme.

I'm doing finance/maths. Honestly, all the maths classes I've taken everybody is ambitious, and quite nerdy but quite smart. The finance people aren't as try-hard clique-y and full of brovado as you'd expect, generally gone past that stage even if very normie. Stats people are giant dorks, but incredibly nice.

Then you go into CS classes, and it's like these people were ostracised in high school for being nerds and stupid, but were brought inside of an environment where everybody else is the same and nobody else has developed social skills. That's why you get the immature cliques and groups like it's still high school, and you go into a finance class and most of the people I talk to in there and pretty laid back and chill, despite being normie, and much easier to get along with and friendlier. Less cliquey.

>> No.9574829

>>9571379
Engineers are just incredibly arrogant and think they're smarter than they really are. They're not actively stupid, and outside of their discipline they tend to be more laid back.

The classes I've shared with them I've always outperformed them on. Not so cocky afterwards lel.

>> No.9574835

Oh shit, and I just remembered a story.

I remember when I took essentially what Calc I is in the states over here. Some guy had a laptop and the tutorial pdfs, and he wanted me to explain something for him, so he went to his desktop - nerdy looking guy - and opened up a folder. Behind the fullscreen of his browser, his wallpaper was of 4 scantily clad anime bitches on the beach together. I don't know how I didn't laugh

>> No.9574927

>>9574551
Their fucking eyes are creeping me out

>> No.9575131

>>9570146
The closest that I've ever gotten to CS majors outside of general Calc I was when I was a workshop leader for an engineering chemistry class (which I don't know why the fuck I was hired as a biochem major in the first place, but it was basically just gen chem). I had night two night sessions, the first one being ME and EE majors and they were genuine, bonifide bros. I'm still friends with a few of them, honestly. Then I had one right after that was predominantly CS majors. CS shouldn't even have to take this class in the first place but did anyway because they're clumped with the rest of the engies at my school. I would try my best to get these people to solve problems *with* each other, work some out on the board, share their answers, just anything to kill the painful, sweat- and-BO-smelling silence among the group. God there was enough grease between these people to use for deep frying. I remember one kid in particular, Brysen. He wore the same Amon Amarth shirt every single day and genuinely smelled like old people sex. He would always finish his work insanely early, oftentimes before the workshop itself, and then play league for the rest of the workshop, even after I told him to stop. I decided to actually check his work one day, only to find that it was all wrong. ALL of it, from every session I looked at. The kid had absolutely no clue what he was doing. And I'm not talking about him just scribbling down answers to make it look like he did work, no, there was actual effort put into his answers, but it was just. So. Wrong. I confronted him about it and he mumbles, "But.. But I know what I'm doing.." I say he clearly doesn't, and that I'm here to help if he really needs it, because that's my fucking job. And he fucking spergs, calling chemistry and biology, I shit you not, pseudo science, and that one day we will merge with the machines. Didn't see him again. Turns out he didn't go to a single exam and dropped two months in.

>> No.9575479
File: 837 KB, 600x600, 1324182733369.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9575131
>And he fucking spergs, calling chemistry and biology, I shit you not, pseudo science, and that one day we will merge with the machines.
jesus

>> No.9575680

>>9575131
There was a guy at my school who wore Milo t-shirts and tacticooooool boots. Insert countless standard sperg moments. People actually nicknamed him Ritalin behind his back. Didn't even last 2 years.
Why I remember him is I overheard him complaining about how stupid the professors are and how "these tests are for people who don't actually understand physics, I know too much to do well on them" and that's why he couldn't pass basic circuits and signal processing classes. Because he's TOO smart.

>> No.9575796

>>9570146
>do CS in top uni
>it's all Asians draped in Givenchy & Moncler
Tbh, I don't see any autist. Where the fuck do you go?

>> No.9576006

>>9575796
I go to CMU. I know the exact asians you're talking about. Their parents are millionaires willing to drop thousands of dollars on clothes. I think most of the people here are talking about community colleges, technical schools, or low tier universities. For example, universities that have an average ACT of 21 or something like that, but with 30k students. They're large universities and not absolute shit tier, but there are large hordes of idiots.

>> No.9576544

>>9570146
>First term of C++
>Exactly as you said
> "REEE OMG PYTHON" "LUL JAVA MAKES THIS EASIER" "I WANNA DESIGN GAMES"

>Second term of C++
>Pretty normal class.

This from an EE major though. So normal for me as been conditioned to the Math/science building.

>> No.9577036

>>9571763
>Still, maybe I should change majors.
No. Change schools. Get the grades, and go to an engineering school.

>> No.9577094 [DELETED] 
File: 357 KB, 900x900, 1517907348071.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mfw the discussion forum of the algorithms and datastructures course is the same shitstorm of people complaining about question formulations and whether certain answers can count or not even though they e.g missed a technicality
I feel bad for the prof

>> No.9577095
File: 357 KB, 900x900, 1517907348071.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mfw the discussion forum of the algorithms and datastructures course is the same shitstorm every year after the exam of people complaining about question formulations and whether certain answers can count or not even though they e.g missed a technicality
I feel bad for the prof

>> No.9577648

>>9577095
To be fair, I had a point and the professor was foolish for overlooking me.

>> No.9577802

>go to berkeley
>do math
>a few math people are pretty cool
>30% are extremely autistic or can't speak english at all
>30% are complete idiots who know how to go through the motions proving basic shit but fall apart whenever a remotely interesting nontrivial result is proven
>40% are relatively normal, pleasant people who make great friends
>but sometimes the autismos and brainlets disguise themselves as part of the 40%, because otherwise no one talks to them
making friends in the math department here is like playing russian roulette.
i pretty much just stick with the engineering crowd, because at least most EECS and MechEs here are competent and well-adjusted.

>> No.9577919

>>9570146
This is one of the main reasons why I switched to physics

>> No.9577975

>>9572089
CS sounds like a typical high school anime club. anyways, I'm taking intro linear algebra now
>first day of class
>class autist comes in late and walks right in front of the professor as he was speaking
>sits down in the back
>opens up some loud bag (candy or something) from his backpack and starts snacking
>when he finishes eating he at least uses the back entrance and go to the bathroom
>comes back into the class using the front entrance and walks in front of the professor lecturing again
>prof just ignores him

he basically does this every class. Anytime we get back our graded quizzes or tests he asks the prof a thousand questions about why he got so many questions wrong. And he'll literally stand in front by the prof staring at his paper while scratching his head as the prof hands back our test/quizzes. It's not even funny, he's annoying as hell.

>> No.9578945

I should have picked CS. Would take a lot of the pressure off if it's like you describe.
>>9570899
>engineers
literally the most normie run-of-the-mill degree

>> No.9579160

>>9570899
>Engineers are pretty autistic too. I bet you'd find a lot of autist math majors, but applied math is a pretty normie degree so idrk.
Not at all. At most it's the beta male major, but they're all socially functional people. That Chad from high school that was also smart and top of his class usually is in Industrial or Civil.
The only predominantly autistic engy major is probably Electrical.

>> No.9579255

>>9570146
Glad I taught myself so I didn't have to deal with that. I'm paid to manage those faggots. Best interaction I've had with one of them is when one sperged out when he found out a few weeks after he started that I was his boss even though I don't have a degree.

>> No.9579419
File: 51 KB, 474x305, simple.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9577975
>>opens up some loud bag (candy or something) from his backpack and starts snacking
I have had people bring in warm lunch from the cafeteria that started smelling up the entire lecture room