[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 15 KB, 353x400, images (23).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9569009 No.9569009 [Reply] [Original]

>Grug want to learn coding.
>Grug bad at math.
>Grug still want to become programmer.
>Grug need hope.
Easy Programming language for math brainlet?

>> No.9569017

>>9569009
>Easy Programming language for math brainlet?
whatever javascript framework your brainlet employer is using

>> No.9569021

>>9569009
sci is not the right place for this

>> No.9569022

>>9569009
If you're bad at math you're not smart enough to be a good programmer

>> No.9569027
File: 70 KB, 500x600, IMG_2063.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9569009
Unless you're doing something advanced like graphics, or something low level like optimization or something, to u don't need anything other than basic math to learn programming. But when you say you want to learn "programming" what do you mean? That's a really vague statement. It's analogous to someone saying "I want to learn sports". Which one? Basketball? Baseball? General athleticism?
No one can give you a good recommendation unless they know what it is you want to accomplish.

If you are interested in programming as an intellectual pursuit and just want to understand how computers work, I recommend you start off with C. It will be more challenging perhaps, but you will have the added benefit of a deeper understanding of the inner workings of your computer and you'll be a stronger programmer overall.

If you just want to create stuff as fast as possible, many people will suggest Python. I didn't like Python when I was a beginner, so maybe try Java if you want something different.

I learned C using a textbook, if you're interested I'll upload it for you.

For java, this course is a great starting point that assumes you've never done any programming before in your life. Do part I and II, even though it seems easy and repetitive, do every single assignment. After that, you can start branching out.

http://mooc.fi/courses/2013/programming-part-1/

Also next time instead of shitposting, read the sticky. There's tons of links there to various resources to learn whatever it is you're interested in.

>> No.9569049

>>9569027
Thanks for suggestions m8.
I initially wanted to learn python because I have heard it is more beginner friendly. But many others are suggesting to learn C first. So I guess I'll start off with C and will gradually start learning python afterwards.

>> No.9569066

>>9569049
No problem. Don't let the memes distract you: what programming language you start with is basically unimportant. What's important is that you learn the concepts. Languages are just a matter of syntax, and once you know one language it is pretty trivial to learn others. I let the language wars really trip me up as a beginner but it doesn't actually matter which one you choose. Just stick with whichever one you enjoy using.

The biggest difference between C and other languages is that C is more "basic" than others. Compared to Java or Python, there is way less hidden from toy behind provided methods. C is sort of like starting from scratch, like being in the woods with just a hatchet and having to start a fire on your own and building a shelter out of sticks. Other languages are more like having a microwave-oven and a log cabin filled with tools and a cell phone and internet connection. If you just wanna get something done as conveniently as possible, you probably want higher level programming languages that provide you with all the tools you need already there. But if you want to understand how those tools were made, C is the way to go. You can also start straight up with C++, some people will say that C is a "dead language", but the truth is C is used in pretty much every electronic around you. Your washing machine probably runs on C.

>> No.9569080

Hey mate, try out Haskell. Its a beginner friendly language that requires minimal familiarity with mathematical concepts

>> No.9569094

>>9569009
MATLAB

>> No.9569220

In my intro to programming class my professor has us learning Processing. Should I be learning a different language on the side? I’ve never even heard of this language before.

>> No.9569454

>>9569009
Lean Java since it runs on billions of machines.

>> No.9569460

>>9569009
>Easy Programming language for math brainlet?
Coq or Idris