[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 8 KB, 251x161, 1273957078611s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
954963 No.954963 [Reply] [Original]

The IQ system of measuring intelligence is Inherently flawed .You can't objectively define intelligence. Lets say for example someone defines intelligence as how you live your life,
and what decisions you make, or at least values those type of skills more then any other. Then wouldn't we have to factor that into the calculation.
Now to get an IQ we take someones ability in a certain area add it with other abilities then get your IQ. Now whose to say pattern recognition is a
sign of intelligence, or even if it is how much emphasis should we put of it. Are verbal skills more important, or social intuitiveness. All in all IQ tests
test how smart you are relative to certian subjective criteria, not how intellignet you actully are. I think that any intelligent human would relize this and
disgard the idea that something as complex and subjective as intelligence is something you can quantify.

I think that a persons worth is measured by how much they have a accomplished in there life not there mental power. For example Marilyn vos Savant has an IQ of 228.
Now Einsteins was 160 I think we all know who is the more important and accomplished person. I also think Einstein was a far smarter person, but then again thats only my opinion.

>> No.954979

Good thing we don't define intelligence that way. This is like saying, "Imagine how hard it would be to own a cat if we defined 'cat' as a being that is both dead and alive simultaneously, as it is in Schroedinger's thought experiment."

>> No.954981

>Rampant with grammatical and spelling errors.
8/10

The thing is though that you do raise a valid point.

>> No.954994

>Legitimate point disguised as troll.

??/10

>> No.955009

>>954981
I have dysgraphia so yeah my spelling and grammer suck

>> No.955033
File: 349 KB, 135x101, 1210574014782.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

op has a low IQ score

>> No.955056

>>955033
Got 139 on verbal
would be much higher if i wasen't so distractible

>> No.955076

I propose a revamping to the IQ system, i say we test people on certain skills. Then let anyone who cares(employer, parent ect..) put a percentage of importance
on the separate skills and then let them get a number of how intelligent they are relative to those criteria. I think this will give a more complete assessment
of a persons intelligence.