Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Maintenance is complete! We got more disk space.
Become a Patron!

/sci/ - Science & Math


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 14 KB, 355x238, wildsperger.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9546468 No.9546468 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe]

1. There is nothing greater than God.
2. Suppose God were finite, then you could add one to it to obtain something greater than it.
3. Therefore God is infinite.
4. There is no such thing as infinity.
5. Therefore God doesn't exist.
checkmate theists=infinitists

>> No.9546470
File: 55 KB, 438x380, checkmane.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9546470

>>9546468
Blessed is the mind too small for doubt.

>> No.9546548

>>9546468
>There is no such thing as infinity
How many digits in pi?

>> No.9546630

>>9546468
Your implying math is a closed set and all theroems can be proven true. We all know that's false. So that implies we live in an open set where God does exist. Athesists believe the world is a closed set and every thing is accounted for. There's nothing outside the metaphorical box

>> No.9546652

>>9546468
>4. There is no such thing as infinity.

Then what are you referring to when you say "infinity"?

>> No.9546654

>>9546548
As many as you can write down.

>> No.9546661

>>9546630
I am incredibly adept at spotting bait, I can sense it in the same way I can see or touch but your post is far beyond my abilities, do you know what closed and open sets are young man?

>> No.9546672

>>9546661
It's like a box. Inside and outside.

>> No.9546677

>>9546468
God exists in GF(2^8), therefore premise 2 is false.

>> No.9547330
File: 62 KB, 645x729, smug ghost brainlet.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9547330

>>9546652
>>4. There is no such thing as unicorns.
>Then what are you referring to when you say "unicorns"?

>> No.9547349

>>9546468
Infinity is not a number value. God exists forever. This is not a number amount.
Infinity is not a number you goddamn retards.

>> No.9547372

>>9547349
define "number"

>> No.9547381

>>9547372
Equating God to infinity is saying infinity=god

God is not a number on the numberline. God is an entity. You may as well claim that you're a number. Shits retarded.

>> No.9547392
File: 50 KB, 488x398, Religion math.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9547392

>>9546468

>> No.9547393

>>9547381
>the numberline
Which numberline? R?

>> No.9547452

>>9547392
Shit is blatantly fucking retarded.
[math] \sqrt{2} [/math] is not odd or even
You can't even begin to imagine the necessity of infinitesimals.
As you were with your shit analogy.

>> No.9548895

>>9547452
An infinitesimal may only exist as a small real part of an arbatrarily large real, finite number.

>> No.9548903

kill yourself

>> No.9548916
File: 241 KB, 362x480, maga_pepe_large.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9548916

>>9548903
>tfw (You) are such a brainlet that attending school would be harder than killing your own self

>> No.9549262

>>9547330
your big penis

>> No.9549545
File: 34 KB, 407x600, 1492529919339.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9549545

>>9546468
>1. There is nothing greater than God.
T. clearly hasn't seen muh dick.
>4. There is no such thing as infinity.
T. CLEARLY hasn't seen muh dick.

>> No.9549721

>>9549545
>asian with an MP-40 wearing a soviet uniform
wut

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
reCAPTCHA
Action