[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 50 KB, 600x373, Aspirin-Therapeutic-uses-Dosage-Side-Effects[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9513457 No.9513457 [Reply] [Original]

Why the fuck don't people take aspirin any more? Apart from stomach ulcers which I've never got, even after taking aspirin every day for months on end, why isn't it popular? It's the oldest, cheapest anti-inflammatory on the market, and arguably the safest.

I'm allergic to paracetamol, naproxen is prescription-only, and the pharmacies where I live don't stock aspirin without aspartame added. I asked them to order in aspirin for me and they said it was too cheap to be worth it.

I'm stuck with ibuprofen, which isn't bad but I have reasons for wanting aspirin. Article not entirely related.
http://raypeat.com/articles/aging/aspirin-brain-cancer.shtml

>> No.9513467

>>9513457
>pharmacies where I live don't stock aspirin without aspartame added

Number one: Where?
Number two: Why are you scared of aspartame?

>> No.9513471

People don’t take anymore? Never noticed it.

I always thought it was a matter of which one between paracetamol and aspirin was the most effective in yourself, some people find aspirin unnefective, other paracetamol

>> No.9513474

>>9513467
>where
Ireland. I can get it if I go up north across the border, but I rarely do.
>Why are you scared of aspartame?
It's neurotoxic. Probably the most neurotoxic sweetener on the market, but definitely proven neurotoxic. I don't personally care about the cancer aspect.
>>9513471
That's what the chemist said anyway, that there's not enough demand for aspirin.

>> No.9513475

>>9513457
yes, thye all take ibuprfen nowadays. Go to another drug store nearby, right?

>> No.9513513

It's because they don't make money off it anymore since it's so dirt cheap
They always try to take out good, older drugs from the market to push for newer expensive ones

>> No.9513538

>tfw developed allergy to aspirin
Paracetamol is shit. You need like 4x pills to do what a single aspirin can do and even then the effects are tame. I hate this world.

>> No.9513546
File: 595 KB, 799x798, Doctor Lil Pump.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9513457
>painkillers
Marijuana

recommended by Doctor Lil Pump (Harvard MD)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LfJnj66HVQ