[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 28 KB, 1357x800, iq_by_country.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9403044 No.9403044[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Why do sci denies IQ when it clearly predicts how much of a shithole a country will be?

>> No.9403066

>>9403044
Is IQ a cause or a consequence?

>> No.9403076

>>9403066
A valid point. I mean, just look at the Flynn effect.

Do you really expect people to believe that the drastic rise in IQ in developed countries over the past hundred years was due to some bizzare change in those nations' gene pools? Genetics sweeps can happen quickly, but not THAT quickly, at least not without some conspicuous cause.

>> No.9403093

>>9403044

China is definitely not the place to live. They pacified their population through Stalin's methods. What remains are the offspring of the voyeurs and the villains.

>> No.9403103

>>9403044
>China
>over 105 IQ
I find it really hard to believe so.

>> No.9403115

>>9403076
Proper nutrition mainly

>> No.9403133

>>9403044
I've met lots of Chinese intellectuals, believe me they are dumb as bricks and slow at understanding, Japs are more civil than chinese but also have a lack of quick wit

I don't know why you give them that "Smart chinese" meme in the US

>> No.9403140

>>9403133
>generalizing the most populous country in the world on a few examples

>> No.9403202

>>9403093
China's a great place to live as long as you aren't a a poorfag who doesn't know how to work hard

>> No.9403223

>>9403044
>how much of a shithole
The presence of "wh*tey" makes a place a shithole.

>> No.9403226

>>9403202
This + have a gasmask

>> No.9403260

>>9403076

Flynn Effect is hand waved away through various means. Though it never seems very honest. It usually seems like people with a racial bias want to defend it strongly, so it is very hard to convince them to be skeptical of it. That, and racists are often conservatives who dislike the government, so the notion of societal cooperation through the state to alleviate certain problems is as disliked as the racial outgroup. The bias towards defending race science takes on a greater strength because it is also defending the notion that groups of people on a nation-state level can't cooperate to fix the relevant social problems, and so it is unreasonable to try.

>> No.9403272

Because social trends are pendulums. Once (100 years ago), it was all about "muh nature", and people thought IQ and genetics were the ONLY thing.

Now, shit has swung the other way, and people like to dogmatically claim nurture is the ONLY thing and it's happenstance that some countries can't seem to organize enough to figure out how to wipe their own ass while others need a pick and a shovel to accelerate into an advanced economy within 40 years.

>> No.9403278
File: 330 KB, 1209x551, 1490666691759.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9403260

i take it you're in the "nurture" camp?

>> No.9403298

>>9403272

social trends aren't freely-oscillating pendulums that go back and forth. modern social trends are a result of careful programming by people who do not have your best interests in mind

>> No.9403311

>>9403298

They can only hold up their false reality for so long before people start naturally going the other way. Look at Trump/Brexit, nationalists gaining power again in Europe.

You can count on everyone to play their hand too strongly, and then people will react. If you talk to individuals the way they think and reason are going to be different than the programming you see in media because humans are fairly shit at trying to control anything for an extended period of time.

>> No.9403337

>>9403311
>Look at Trump/Brexit, nationalists gaining power again in Europe.

if you look at the sort of media that the average person consumes, the critical theory bullshit is still in full-swing.

>Look at Trump/Brexit, nationalists gaining power again in Europe.

seems like this show is more intended to placate people than achieve any of its stated goals

>> No.9403441

It's because most places are shit holes or near shit holes regardless of IQ.

Outside several provinces the bulk of China is still poor and backwards as fuck with exploitation being common. Air quality is shit and most of their natural water supplies is polluted or gone. Only reason their IQ is high is because they mostly test those provinces and block others, see the PISA results concerning China for proof.

North Korea is fucking isolated, starved and been theorized to have at least a third of their population to have stomach parasites. This is the case from all those who run away to South Korea who have medical checkups and commented on agriculture being based on untreated "night soil".

America's economy is so skewed towards the rich in terms of distribution that even the UN is starting to investigate it. Despite high Human development index the U.S. life expectancy is comparable to fucking Cuba. With Cuba beating America in child birth/ mortality of all places.

>> No.9403532

>>9403278

They both clearly feed into each other, though I don't think anyone denies that. I think race realists give inordinate importance, politically, to the idea that there is behavioral differences between races. Especially on the issue of safety, when racial violence is mostly within races, and homicide isn't even in the top 10 causes of death for whites. More whites kill themselves, and I don't think that is because of proximity to black people. Furthermore, the level of intelligence average to whites in America in the 60s (I think?) has been met by plenty of black populations worldwide, especially in European countries, which is often considered around the post-ww2 golden age of societal cohesion. I'm not convinced there was a rapid deterioration in intelligence that occurred in a similar time period (60s-70s) for American blacks that resulted in the ghettoification of their communities and rapid increase in incarceration.

>> No.9403559

>>9403278
I take it you're in the camp that can't do research and instead falls back on arguments or personal incredulity or memes?

>> No.9403563

>>9403103
having an iq lower than 105 is hard to believe

>> No.9403570

>>9403133
they probably think the same of you
try learning their languages