Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

If you can see this message, the SSL certificate expiration has been fixed.
Become a Patron!

/sci/ - Science & Math


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 3.05 MB, 4008x5344, m_20171126114858.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9370945 No.9370945 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe]

No, this is not a joke. Seven words were banned by the Trump administration in an upcoming CDC budget report.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/cdc-gets-list-of-forbidden-words-fetus-transgender-diversity/2017/12/15/f503837a-e1cf-11e7-89e8-edec16379010_story.html?utm_term=.76b9e49e9d2a

>> No.9370984

Nice, this almost redeems Trump in my eyes after the NN shitshow. Almost.

>> No.9371018

We wouldn't have this problem if science and facts weren't so obviously bias against republicans.

>> No.9371054

>>9370984
That's our guy trump. Striking back against the sissy liberals and their use of words Obama liked in the annual cdc budget. Banning words you don't like in agency budgets sure makes America great again doesn't it?

>> No.9371094

>>9370945
what does "science-based" even mean?
>there is science-based evidence that OP is a fag

>> No.9371118

>>9370945
I don't agree with moderating language in general, but fuck that's a good use of it.

>> No.9371121

>>9371118
Yup
evilthink is doubleplusungood

>> No.9371174

>>9371118
Yeah, straight out of the Party's playbook
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newspeak
Run along back to /pol/ now

>> No.9371179

>>9371174
"evidence-based" and "science-based" are buzzwords that aren't useful for anything except thinly veiled lies

>> No.9371183

So this pertains to future budget reports by the CDC... the only one I personally have an issue with is "vulnerable" but any troglodyte could just say "at-risk"

I will say that this is stupid as hell and that the anti-science stance taken by the trump admin is absolutely depressing

>> No.9371204

>>9371174
yea because in 1984 was about banning meaningless liberal buzzwords to piss off retarded liberals

>> No.9371214
File: 65 KB, 566x480, read a book.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9371214

>>9371179
Same with "transgender", "fetus", and "diversity", amirite?

>>9371204
>yea because in 1984 was about banning meaningless liberal buzzwords
that's exactly what it was about though.
and you think trump is just doing this to "troll" and "piss off" liberals. that's your millenial naivety showing

>> No.9371226

>>9371214
absolutely for diversity and transgender. not for fetus, that's retarded and I won't believe it until I see it in writing - the shitpost says it's hearsay.

>> No.9371233

>>9371204
he's got you there man, read the book

>> No.9371245
File: 66 KB, 474x286, LIFE Magazine 8-27-65.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9371245

>>9371226
there's no difference between a human in the womb and a human that's been born. "fetus" is a thinly-veiled lie liberals use to justify abortion.

>> No.9371269
File: 241 KB, 362x480, maga_pepe_large.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9371269

>2018 report wont have any garbage about science-based evidence for transgender entitlement as a vulnerable, evidence-based, naturally occuring diversity response of normal fetal development
Liberals buttblasted.

>> No.9371280

Will they have to use synonyms if they want to discuss pregnancy-related or transgenderism-related health issues now? Donald Trump is certainly delivering on his pledge to reduce government micromanagement.

>> No.9371295

>>9371280
It'll be difficult for them to come up with synonyms for transgender that don't make it sound as insane as it actually is.

>"This study how PEOPLE WHO ARE CONFUSED ABOUT THEIR GENDER..."
>"MEN WHO WANT TO BE WOMEN"
>"the effects of hormone treatment on WOMEN WITH PENISES..."

>> No.9371311

>>9371214
you managed to read the entirety of 1984 by yourself and still missed the point
good job, neck yourself

>> No.9371334

>>9371295
>PEOPLE WHO ARE CONFUSED ABOUT THEIR GENDER
They're not, hence them declaring their gender to the world.
>MEN WHO WANT TO BE WOMEN
>WOMEN WITH PENISES
Transgenderism can and often does go the other way around.

>> No.9371364

>>9371334
you mean men with vaginas and women who want to be men?

>> No.9371384
File: 226 KB, 1024x663, Execution of German nice guy by 7 Chads in Munich.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9371384

It's too bad that reality disagrees with Republicans to the point where they must alter the fabric of English discourse in order to not feel uncomfortable.

There should be a reeducation program. Or we could at least offer euthanasia.

>> No.9371400
File: 48 KB, 490x390, 1511216093109.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9371400

Useless gesture, they can just use different phrases of the same words or the same terms in a different languages just to bypass the ban.

Instead of saying "science based" you can just say "secundum scientiam" and be okay because Latin terminology is utilized in law and medical documents anyway. It'll just be one more phrase to add to the pile.

And if he's retarded enough to challenge the use of Latin terminology then he'll have both the law and medical community on his back.

>> No.9371409
File: 116 KB, 600x600, 1500871751372.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9371409

>language-policing is the greatest threat to western civilization, except for all the times we do it

>> No.9371441

>>9371179
>ITT: retarded Trump supporters not knowing what words are used for

I could use those words to clearly describe the difference between homeopathy and vaccines. For example, vaccines are evidenced based, homeopathy is not.

The purpose of a word is to convey meaning clearly and succinctly. "Evidenced-based" and "science-based" do that perfectly well.

>> No.9371469
File: 167 KB, 1000x510, TrumpVaccines[1].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9371469

>>9371441
Evidence would just get in the way of claims like these my dude
You're not an ANTIFA are you son?

>> No.9371491

>>9371469
>You're not an ANTIFA are you son?
>You're not an Communist are you son?
>Literally Red Scare 3.0

Not that anon but if we have to go through this bullshit again I'm checking out. There's only so much retardation we should be subjected to.

>> No.9371494

>>9370945
Is there a source for this that isn't the fucking Washington Shitpost?

inb4 cnn

>> No.9371495

>>9371183
Now now, Trump is more likely to send spaceships to heaven so he can get his news right from God. This is good for the space program.

>> No.9371507

Thank God he banned the word "diversity", I hate that fucking word.

By "diversity" they always mean few white people.

>> No.9371511
File: 171 KB, 468x657, 2aa07a9a03ea2c47a1b54ca52dd170264c41953c.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9371511

>>9371491
ya aint done nothin if ya aint been called a red

>> No.9371512

>>9371226
To be fair, people only use fetus when they want to defend killing an unborn child.

It's human nature to dehumanise those you want to kill, Hitler did it with the Jews too.

>> No.9371514

Only a true pseud would consider this a bad thing

>> No.9371519

>>9371514
>only a person who disagrees with me would consider this a bad thing
>but since I'm too self-absorbed to recognize my own biases, I'll call those people names.

>> No.9371522

>>9370945
(((Science))) is just a liberal buzzword to shutdown discussions.

>> No.9371523

>>9371519
Cry about it to your therapist you antidepressant addled shitball #verymuchsomypresident

>> No.9371525

>>9371491
Communism is very real, very scary, and more prominent and tolerated in America than at any other point in history. Sure let's just ignore it

>> No.9371526
File: 11 KB, 228x223, 1508195916591.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9371526

>>9371384
The delusion of liberal democrats to still not understand the fact that they lost 3 elections in november 2016. It's never been anything but irony for you shitters to chastise the right, since your unironic attempts at viewing the world have only ended in paradox.

>> No.9371528

>>9371523
>...I'll call those people names!

>> No.9371534

>>9371528
Sarcasm must have been very rare in your family

>> No.9371537

>>9371526
>The delusion of liberal democrats to still not understand the fact that they lost 3 elections in november 2016
Why do you misuse language like this? Honestly anon, I don't know who the fuck you are, but I'm getting sick of this shit. I don't know if you're being sarcastic or just trolling, but there is nobody who "doesn't understand" that Democrats lost the election.

This has NOTHING to do with policy. You are, based on your own demonstrations in your post, a moron or bad actor, and I don't like you fucking up this world.

>> No.9371546

>>9371537
The point of the post was a counterpoint. That reality does actually agree with republicans, since y'know... republicans won majority in the house and senate as well as the presidency, like y'know... /most/ people voted republican.

Like seriously you liberals are literal double digit IQ mongoloids. No temporal awareness or spacial reasoning, no ability to follow logic, ya'll dummies just scream about garbage feelings and trigger events instead of actual policy. Someone counters you with easy to follow sense and ya'll just blast off on some tangent of unrelated shit like you've got the memory of a goldfish and had forgotten your initial shitty point you were trying to make.

>> No.9371549

>>9371546
So just a big post insulting liberals and saying that "reality agrees with republicans" based on a fallacious appeal to the majority

Okay, kill yourself retard and please return to pol

>> No.9371550
File: 14 KB, 478x523, d04[1].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9371550

>>9371525
>Communism is more prominent and tolerated in America than at any other point in history

>> No.9371551

>>9371525
>Paying to educate the public is communism
>Paying to keep the public healthy is communism
>Paying to keep the public fed is communism
>Paying to keep the public not homeless is communism

What the fuck is the point of government then you fucking idiot?

>> No.9371554
File: 7 KB, 420x420, b36.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9371554

>>9371549
The winner decides the course of history.

>> No.9371557

>>9371554
Non sequitur

Reality is not decided by consensus. A majority choosing to ignore scientific reality does not make it disappear. The debt will be paid by future generations for your foolishness. I'm done talking to you, you are objectively a moron.

>> No.9371558
File: 29 KB, 640x432, fb0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9371558

>>9371557

>> No.9371560

>>9371551
Hey there, good prole. What you have to remember about communism is that it's not "workers' ownership of the means of production," "cooperative firms," or "labor self-ownership." Communism is when the government does stuff.
Clearly "educating the public," "keeping the public healthy," "keeping the public fed," and "keeping the public not homeless" count as "doing stuff," and so we have communism. TONS of it.
Learn more on /pol/

>> No.9371584

>>9371550
No you

>>9371551
Hey guess what faggot, maybe I wasn't talking about the American government and never implied that I was. Maybe I'm talking about the actual communist party. Actual Marx cocksuckers. I am not >>9371469 btw

Second,
>What the fuck is the point of government then you fucking idiot?
To protect and maintain society, dummy. Not to coddle the reproduction of warm bodies. And before you greenquote me faggot, maintain =/= serve

>> No.9371585

>>9371560
You really can't have an amount of communism.

Learn more in a library.

>> No.9371595

>>9371546
Your counterpoint kinda fails through, when you realize that most scientists and mathematicians are liberals and democrats and that Republican voters tend to be less educated compared to Democrats.

>> No.9371599

>>9371094
>>9371179
the terms are used by medfags because neither science nor evidence are still the assumed default in medicine lmao

>> No.9371607
File: 77 KB, 645x729, 80c[1].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9371607

>>9371584
>the "actual communist party" is communist
>today
>after the mccarthy era
>after the communists got purged from the AFL-CIO
>while it endorses the democrats in literally every election

>> No.9371649

>>9371523
Thanks for easily identifying yourself as an average, brainlet troll so we can more easily ignore your oh so desperate cries for attention!

>> No.9371653

>>9371649
ymous 12/16/17(Sat)09:25:46 No.9371557▶>>9371558

>>9371554
Non sequitur

Reality is not decided by consensus. A majority choosing to ignore scientific reality does not make it disappear. The debt will be paid by future generations for your foolishness. I'm done talking to you, you are objectively a moron.

>>
Anonymous 12/16/17(Sat)09:26:58 No.9371558▶
File: fb0.jpg (29 KB, 640x432)
29 KB

>>9371557

>>
Anonymous 12/16/17(Sat)09:27:58 No.9371560▶>>9371585

>>9371551
Hey there, good prole. What you have to remember about communism is that it's not "workers' ownership of the means of production," "cooperative firms," or "labor self-ownership." Communism is when the government does stuff.
Clearly "educating the public," "keeping the public healthy," "keeping the public fed," and "keeping the public not homeless" count as "doing stuff," and so we have communism. TONS of it.
Learn more on /pol/

>>
Anonymous 12/16/17(Sat)09:48:54 No.9371584▶>>9371607

>>9371550
No you

>>9371551
Hey guess what faggot, maybe I wasn't talking about the American government and never implied that I was. Maybe I'm talking about the actual communist party. Actual Marx cocksuckers. I am not >>9371469 btw

Second,
>What the fuck is the point of government then you fucking idiot?
To protect and maintain society, dummy. Not to coddle the reproduction of warm bodies. And before you greenquote me faggot, maintain =/= serve

>>
Anonymous 12/16/17(Sat)09:50:40 No.9371585▶

>>9371560
You really can't have an amount of communism.

Learn more in a library.

>>
Anonymous 12/16/17(Sat)10:04:46 No.9371595▶

>>9371546
Your counterpoint kinda fails through, when you realize that most scientists and mathematicians are liberals and democrats and that Republican voters tend to be less educated compared to Democrats.

>>
Anonymous 12/16/17(Sat)10:05:51 No.9371599▶

>>9371094
>>9371179

>> No.9371654

you mean men with vaginas and women who want to be men?

>>
Anonymous 12/16/17(Sat)08:04:06 No.9371384▶>>9371526
File: Execution of German nice (...).jpg (226 KB, 1024x663)
226 KB

It's too bad that reality disagrees with Republicans to the point where they must alter the fabric of English discourse in order to not feel uncomfortable.

There should be a reeducation program. Or we could at least offer euthanasia.

>>
Anonymous 12/16/17(Sat)08:11:02 No.9371400▶
File: 1511216093109.jpg (48 KB, 490x390)
48 KB

Useless gesture, they can just use different phrases of the same words or the same terms in a different languages just to bypass the ban.

Instead of saying "science based" you can just say "secundum scientiam" and be okay because Latin terminology is utilized in law and medical documents anyway. It'll just be one more phrase to add to the pile.

And if he's retarded enough to challenge the use of Latin terminology then he'll have both the law and medical community on his back.

>>
Anonymous 12/16/17(Sat)08:13:22 No.9371409▶
File: 1500871751372.png (116 KB, 600x600)
116 KB

>language-policing is the greatest threat to western civilization, except for all the times we do it

>>
Anonymous 12/16/17(Sat)08:24:33 No.9371441▶>>9371469

>>9371179
>ITT: retarded Trump supporters not knowing what words are used for

I could use those words to clearly describe the difference between homeopathy and vaccines. For example, vaccines are evidenced based, homeopathy is not.

The purpose of a word is to convey meaning clearly and succinctly. "Evidenced-based" and "science-based" do that perfectly well.

>>
Anonymous 12/16/17(Sat)08:31:19 No.9371469▶>>9371491 >>9371584 >>9371653

>> No.9371655

It's human nature to dehumanise those you want to kill, Hitler did it with the Jews too.

>>
Anonymous 12/16/17(Sat)08:48:31 No.9371514▶>>9371519

Only a true pseud would consider this a bad thing

>>
Anonymous 12/16/17(Sat)08:56:28 No.9371519▶>>9371523

>>9371514
>only a person who disagrees with me would consider this a bad thing
>but since I'm too self-absorbed to recognize my own biases, I'll call those people names.

>>
Anonymous 12/16/17(Sat)08:59:29 No.9371522▶

>>9370945 (OP)
(((Science))) is just a liberal buzzword to shutdown discussions.

>>
Anonymous 12/16/17(Sat)08:59:57 No.9371523▶>>9371528 >>9371649

>>9371519
Cry about it to your therapist you antidepressant addled shitball #verymuchsomypresident

>>
Anonymous 12/16/17(Sat)09:02:08 No.9371525▶>>9371550 >>9371551

>>9371491
Communism is very real, very scary, and more prominent and tolerated in America than at any other point in history. Sure let's just ignore it

>>
Anonymous 12/16/17(Sat)09:02:33 No.9371526▶>>9371537 >>9371654
File: 1508195916591.jpg (11 KB, 228x223)
11 KB

>>9371384
The delusion of liberal democrats to still not understand the fact that they lost 3 elections in november 2016. It's never been anything but irony for you shitters to chastise the right, since your unironic attempts at viewing the world have only ended in paradox.

>>
Anonymous 12/16/17(Sat)09:04:19 No.9371528▶>>9371534

>>9371523
>...I'll call those people names!

>>
Anonymous 12/16/17(Sat)09:07:40 No.9371534▶

>>9371528
Sarcasm must have been very rare in your family

>>
Anonymous 12/16/17(Sat)09:10:22 No.9371537▶>>9371546

>>9371526
>The delusion of liberal democrats to still not understand the fact that they lost 3 elections in november 2016
Why do you misuse language like this? Honestly anon, I don't know who the fuck you are, but I'm getting sick of this shit. I don't know if you'renderstand" that Democrats lost thstu

>> No.9371656

>>9371653
I imagine talking to a person such as yourself irl would be just as agonizing as attempting to decipher this sad attempt at a post, and act so simple that even most newfags don't fuck it up this badly.

>> No.9371658

>>9371655
>>9371654
>>9371653

Schizo board is this way >>>/x/

>> No.9371663

>>9371214
>Same with "transgender" and "diversity"
Yes, uniroinically.

>> No.9371670

>>9371441
>vaccines are evidenced based
My parents loved me enough to only get me the proof based vaccines.

"Evidence based" would be like when they realized sleeping near cows with cowpox would work as a vaccine for smallpox and didn't understand microbial life yet.

>> No.9371675

>>9371670
>muh semantics

No matter how you split that particular hair his point still remains exactly the same.

>> No.9371708

>>9371226
>>9371214
Trump banned the word transgender? He truly is a god. The fine golden hair was a dead giveaway.

>> No.9371783

This is retarded. You refute the science, not get mad at words with established meaning.

>> No.9371784

Genderfluidity is not "evidence-based," my dear retarded friend.

>> No.9371787

>The CDC’s work on birth defects caused by the Zikavirus includes research on the developing fetus.
>bans word fetus
Wonderful

>> No.9371803
File: 114 KB, 900x900, 554554554.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9371803

>>9370945

Holy shit, stop it Trump, all this winning is making me burst.

(((scientists))) and mentally ill liberals BTFO

>> No.9371806
File: 89 KB, 800x455, we_did_it_pol_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9371806

>>9371803
Epic kek amirite!

>> No.9371807

>>9371783
But banning the words makes the problem go away, just look at Florida banning the words "climate change" :^)

>> No.9371824

happy to see trump getting rid of all these doubleplusungood words, that should stop all this thoughtcrime going on

>> No.9372761

>>9371787
>developing late term embryo
Its not like its hard, theres a function in microsoft word that does this for you automatically. It would take literally 5 seconds to change every instance of the word “fetus” on the Wikipedia page for abortion.

>> No.9372786
File: 1.79 MB, 1920x1080, ts.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9372786

>>9371551
>What the fuck is the point of government then you fucking idiot?
To carry out bourgeois rule. What, are you stupid?

>> No.9372790

>>9371783
It's perfectly normal for organisations to have a style guide.

Nothing retarded about having a style guide.

>> No.9372812

what is it with all this retards spreading around on the internet? is this the check from failing education program from the last years?

>> No.9372821
File: 37 KB, 586x578, 1507460953118.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9372821

>I vote republican

>> No.9372842

>>9372790
It's fine to have a style guide, but banning words with applicable uses just because you don't like them? That's retarded.

>> No.9372975

>>9371118
In what way? In what way is banning "
evidence-based" a good thing

>> No.9372978

>>9371179
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence-based_medicine

Right because the entire framework for how we do medicine is nothing but a buzzword. Back to /pol/ now

>> No.9372999

>>9371179
>i dont understand this, thus i dont need this

>> No.9373011

>>9371787
unborn child

>> No.9373013

>>9371118
How is banning the use of the word "fetus" a good use of language control?

>> No.9373022

>>9371551
To preserve private property rights, which is the basis for literally everything that leeches like you rely on to stay alive. That's it. Government isn't there to help solve your problems. Its only function is to ensure that my property stays my property.

>> No.9373033

>>9373022
How does it do that without a police force?

>> No.9373043

>>9373033
It has a police force. That's one of the few things that government should actually be doing. That and the military.

Everything else is welfare and should be eliminated.

>> No.9373051

>>9373013
why do liberals seek to dehumanize the weakest among us

>> No.9373057

>>9373051
Fetus is just the term for that stage of human development, just like how the term "embryo" describes the stage preceding it. Do you want to ban that too?

>> No.9373061

>>9373022
>exclusive rights over property besides personal property are fundamental to and give rise to human rights rather than vice versa
>absentee ownership of all society's productive forces by a fraction of a percent who leech off the work of others without pulling their own weight is a god-given right
>just like the divine right of kings, this comes from the sky, and supersedes any rational, utilitarian concerns
>because fuck you, that's why
pure ideology

>> No.9373067

>>9372761
>>9373011
But it's stupid...

>> No.9373075
File: 853 KB, 766x3231, 1501669862049.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9373075

>>9373043

>> No.9373087

>>9373061
>(((a fraction of a percent who leech off the work of others without pulling their own weight)))
connect the dots anon

>> No.9373105

>>9373087
>implying (((they))) are either exclusively in big government or big business
>implying (((they))) don't preserve (((their))) power using a symbiotic relationship between business and government
What we really need are some kind of general restrictions that prevent individuals from wielding too much power, whether (((they're))) in government or business.

>> No.9373109

>>9373087
>not all jews are corporate aristocrats
>not all corporate aristocrats are jews
i won't deny they show quite a bit of overlap, but "it's the jews" muddies the water and obscures the real problem. when we connect the dots, we shouldn't ignore half of them and draw in new ones that aren't there

>> No.9373113

>>9373057
I want to ban all of animal development

fuck you

and fuck the dehumanizing term embryo and your goddam carnegie stages linking us to lower lifeforms

humans come out of a vagine and you start being a man from day 1 or your a soyboy

>> No.9373117

>>9373105
This.
No amount of high-minded ideals will stop even non-jews from acting according to their rational incentives when they have power.
Natsoc is a great idea in theory but doesn't work in practice

>> No.9373127
File: 565 KB, 960x717, idiots_logh.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9373127

>>9370945
Well, at least it's good to be reminded it's not just the liberals who can push political correctness to levels of pure insanity.

We live in a post-reality, post-truth, post-rationality era. You might as well just strap in and get used to the technicolor view from inside our own collective ass. The era of rational thought came to an end decades ago.

Hopefully some cataclysm will set us straight again, while it's still possible.

>> No.9373173

Liberals didn't bat an eye when Obummer banned a ton of words because they triggered "progressives", but the moment Trump turns the tables on them, it's suddenly a massive issue.

>> No.9373187

>>9373173
What words did obama ban?

>> No.9373192

>>9370945
Is it even legal to ban words? Seems like a clear violation of the 1st amendment. It's not even like these words are words that could be considered hate speech and even with hate speech most people don't really face any consequences for it unless it is highly publicized and or accompanied by threats or other acts of violence.

I feel like the CDC would be 100% in the clearly legally if they simply defied the president and did as they pleased, which they absolutely should.

>> No.9373194

>>9371551
You forgot to mention the part about how the government cant do any of that stuff better than individuals can but takes a lot more money to

>> No.9373199
File: 9 KB, 300x300, 1507259674652[1].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9373199

>>9373194

>> No.9373200

>>9373173
>>9373187
Seems I missed that part of history as well..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVZVCbW63lc
Not that some other liberals haven't been doing shit like that... But fuck that, I don't care who is doing it or why. You shouldn't be applauding it just cuz it's "our guy" doing it.

>> No.9373215

>>9371656
That is part of the game they play. They make their nonsense near impossible to decipher by burying it needless jargon - acting as if they have put the ball in your court - and when the effort is put in and their documents are found to be utter claptrap, they will simply play dumb or even lie to get what they want.

I'm pretty liberal on environmental issues and even I agree that buzz words like those are only used to pull emotional strings.

>> No.9373217

>>9373200
> Seems I missed that part of history as well..
> liberals ignorant of basic facts
In other news, water is wet.

>> No.9373227
File: 140 KB, 1552x1152, 1492207104720.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9373227

>>9373173
>Obummer
>Drumpf
The absolute state of the american political system.

>> No.9373230

>>9373227
This is what happens when you allow women to vote. All reason goes out the window in favor of pure emotion.

>> No.9373234

>>9373215
This coming from a guy whose leader pushed through all kinds of very unpopular projects on the premise that it was "science-based" even though the science showed clearly that doing so could have all kinds of negative consequences.

If he'd said "economics-based" instead, that might have been closer to the truth, although even the economic arguments in favour were fairly flimsy.

There really is no (zero) overlap between science and economics.

>> No.9373278

>>9373230
>>9373230
2edgy4my5678

>> No.9373308

>>9373043
You need to train police and military. And to do that they need to be able to read and write. What’s your solution to that?

>> No.9373310

>>9373308
Private schools and home schooling, which have a vastly superior track record than government schools.

>> No.9373318

>>9370945
My suggestions on how to replace these words:
>vulnerable -> at-risk
"certain groups are more vulnerable" -> "certain groups are at-risk"
>entitlement -> human right
"people are entitled to health care" -> "health care is a human right"
>diversity -> variety of backgrounds/equal opportunity
"we're creating more diversity in our team" -> "we're increasing the variety of backgrounds in our team"
>transgender -> humans experiencing gender dysphoria
"transgender individuals apply for hormone replacement" -> "gender-dysphoria experiencing individuals apply for hormone replacement"
>fetus -> cell structures with life potential
"consciousness in fetuses has not been observed" -> "consciousness in cell structures with a potential for life has not been observed"
>evidence-based -> research-based
>science-based -> fact-based

>> No.9373324

>>9373310
>which have a vastly superior track record than government schools.

Nice one. I live in Michigan, by the way.

>> No.9373326

>>9373318
Or you could just add a single letter to each so it’s easier to change back when the administration flips around again in 3 years;
i.e. vullnerable.

>> No.9373340

>>9373310

Or you know you can do what scholastically superior South Korea nation does and have all year round schooling with 14 hour days and on average two schools (one primary and one secondary) a day.

Or would that be too much for you brainlets?

>> No.9373348

>>9373326
Yeah, but calling things "fact-based" and describing fetuses as "cell collections" will trigger more people.

>> No.9373358

>>9373340

South Korea is also controlled by a literal cabal of matriarchal shamans.

>> No.9373415

>>9373127
>muh overreach
>muh rationality means what I say it does
The CDC is a political apparatus that should be controlled.
>>9373192
Government agencies established by legislation, as a collective unit, are not citizens entitled to free speech.

>> No.9373421

>>9373278
Women shouldn't vote. They aren't smart enough nor willful enough to avoid falling for Jew tricks that subvert a nation. They can be turned to vote against the men of their own race, a tactic the left and the Jew media have regularly employed post-WW2.

>> No.9373428

>>9373348
This is true.

>> No.9373443

>>9373421
>muh jews muh race muh jews
How enlightening.

>> No.9373444

>>9373443
>propaganda isn't real
>Jews don't control and manipulate information channels at rates disproportional to their population
really powered my pistachios

>> No.9373454

>>9373444
> propaganda isn't real
Literally no one said this.

>> No.9373468

>>9373113
stop being such a cuck and deal with the fact that you're nothing but an animal

>> No.9373473

>>9373444
>Jews controlling the government
>All but 1 US presidents were protestants

>> No.9373484

Holy fuck how can americans be so retarded?

>> No.9373490

>>9373484
>Holy fuck how can americans be so retarded?

It's the result of decades of cultural capitalism.

>> No.9373492

>>9373473
obama is muslim

>> No.9373503

>>9373492
And you are retarded.

>> No.9373504

where are the "muh free speech" guys when you need them

>> No.9373513

>>9373504
These people are willing to have a dick up their ass and get aids as long as it makes liberals frown

>> No.9373521

>>9373513
truth

>> No.9373523

>>9373504
freeze peach guys don't actually care about free speech, they just want to use it as a hammer to smash reasonable objections to their agenda
the way SJWs police language is still bad, though

>> No.9373524
File: 55 KB, 617x347, 1509035736738.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9373524

>>9373513
http://www.latimes.com/politics/essential/la-pol-ca-essential-politics-updates-gov-brown-downgrades-from-felony-to-1507331544-htmlstory.html
liberals are literally untermensch.

>> No.9373529

>>9371094
It is a logical fallacy term.

>> No.9373532

>>9373524
Both far right and far left are the same brand of bullshit. Identity politics was a mistake.

>> No.9373533

>>9371245
"fetus" is like saying "teen" same type of word to describe a level of age or development

>> No.9373537

>>9373532
No no no. Liberal democrats are just retarded.
Accept the fact and shhhhh
Remember, it's Right and Wrong, not Right and Left.

>> No.9373538

>>9371469
Happened to Barron

>> No.9373555

>>9373415
>>9373217
Jeeze folks, at least read to the end of the post. They aren't that long.

>> No.9373563

>>9373524
It's still illegal though. Not as big a deal as you seem to think.

>> No.9373564

>>9373454
My post was specifically about Jews using propaganda for their own ends. Going "hurr muh Jews gtfo stormnigger" in that context comes pretty close to denying the existence of the phenomenon.

>>9373473
Jews prefer to work without being noticed. Everyone prefers one of their own as the figurehead anyway.

>> No.9373571

>>9373564
> doubting that there's a vast jewish conspiracy to control everything is the same as denying the existence of propaganda in general
No.

>> No.9373578

>>9373571
You're just arguing semantics. Do you think I was literally implying "my opponent thinks propaganda isn't a real thing?" I was trying to imply something more like "Jews are using propaganda" in response to the accusation of "hurr Joos."

>> No.9373590
File: 38 KB, 645x729, 1509035922690.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9373590

>>9373563
Its a misdemenor to knowingly transmit a deadly disease, which in the function of "knowingly" makes it equivalent to using a biological weapon.

Want to know what else is a misdemeanor?
Going 10 miles over the speed limit or being drunk in public.

You have to be a retard liberal to think using a biological weapon against other humans with the intent of killing them should be a misdemeanor and that its "ok cause its still illegal", coming from the state that gives zero fucks about traffic laws or their illegality.

Get on life support my dude, you are cleary asphyxiating.

>> No.9373595

>>9373318
>gender dysphoria
>>>/pol/

>> No.9373603

>>9373590
The key word here is "exposing," not giving it on purpose. That would result in a more serious offense. You can have sex with a condom and it's still considered exposure, even though there's virtually no risk. You go out and bang some rando it's a risk you're willing to take. She shouldn't then be thrown in slammer when you find out she "exposed" you to HIV, it's your responsibility.

>> No.9373608

>>9373590
That's right, keep focusing on what California is doing and don't pay any attention to what is happening in DC. Because apparently something going from illegal to still illegal in another state is hugely important, while a massive, nation-wide transfer of wealth to the very rich at the expense of everyone else is unimportant.

>> No.9373613

>>9373590
If you're intending to kill them, that's attempted murder and still a felony.

>> No.9373616

>>9373603
Mental Olympics.

"It is a misdemeanor to knowingly expose HIV/AIDS to a sexual partner without disclosing HIV/AIDS status"

take it all in, all together.
Knowingly: the person has been tested and told they have the disease. They know they have it.
Without disclosing: the person knows they have the disease but hides the fact from any potential sex partner.

If person A has HIV and knows they have HIV, then they hook up with person B and disregard the fact they have HIV and disregard mentioning it cause it'll be a mood killer bonerblocker, person B acquiring HIV from person A will offer person B the security of knowing person A will spend 24 hours in jail, fined, and released.

This is retarded and you are retarded.

>> No.9373617

>>9373595
Fine, non-cisgender individuals then.

>> No.9373623

>>9373616
> knowing person A will spend 24 hours in jail, fined, and released.
That's not the punishment for a misdemeanor, that's an infraction. In California a misdemeanor gets you up to a year in jail. Felony is for more than a year in prison.

>> No.9373627

>>9373613
even though HIV and AIDS are fatal, you can read their bill summary that the condition is "manageable with modern medicine and not the life threatening disease it used to be", which directly denies any serious threat the disease has and protects the person passing it under an umbrella misdemeanor.

Yes, attempted murder is a felony - except explicitly this one kind of murder.

>> No.9373630

>>9373623
Misdemeanor is anything under a year. As stated, speeding is misdemeanor, so is being drunk in public.

>> No.9373631

>>9373627
If you're doing it with intent to kill, that makes it attempted murder, regardless of this law. You're punished for trying to kill the person, even if your chosen method is crap. It's a misdemeanor if you didn't have murderous intent. It's a felony if you did. If a more severe charge than "knowingly expose partner to HIV/AIDS without disclosing" is appropriate, then that is the one that will be used.

>> No.9373643

>>9373631
Holy shit you are retarded.

What part about "AIDS is fatal" do you not understand. The intent to kill is derived from knowingly exposing the fatal disease to someone. As soon as they're HIV positive, their death warrant has been signed and they will have a shorter life than a chronic chainsmoker, regardless of the miserably expensive medicines that will be required for the duration of their life.

The act of killing someone with AIDS is not a felony in cuckfornia

>> No.9373647

>>9371245
babies are humans but they aren't people.

if you disagree with this you are literally retarded and suffer from massive cognitive dissonance.

>> No.9373658

>>9373643
> The act of killing someone with AIDS is not a felony in cuckfornia
And the act of murdering someone with a gun isn't a crime in a bunch of red states.

For example, in Arizona, this isn't a crime at all:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M62Va6Ft2cw

>> No.9373672
File: 53 KB, 197x190, Comfy_guy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9373672

>>9373658
>Liberalism is a disability, not a choice
I finally understand.

Really though you're comparing a protected group of people (cops), who for the most part will usually stop more crime than cause havoc, to actual invalids committing a crime. Even more realistically you're comparing Phillip Brailsford alone to everyone who has AIDS.

Im gonna try not to reply anymore since you are evidently a delusional ornery brainlet.

>> No.9373673

>>9373658
Come on, man. This is clearly a case of "nervous trigger happy officer gets away with poor judgement and killing someone unnecessarily" rather than "murder is legal." Cops always seem to get a wide berth on these "heat of the moment" type cases.

It was still very fucked up, and Officer Edgelord should have been following someone else's (more experienced) orders.

>> No.9373679

>>9373673
It's a case of "murder is legal" because he was cleared of all charges. An Arizona court looked at that and said "Yup, seems fine to me." He murdered a guy and the Arizona legal system said it was a-okay.

>> No.9373686

>>9373672
Someone who exposes someone else to HIV/AIDS is still committing a crime.

>> No.9373688

>>9373658
>walks out
>needs to shout get on the ground several times until they do
>warns them explicitly
>idiot keeps fidgeting with hands and legs
>"do not put your hands down for any reason or we'll shoot you"
>he instantly fucking does just that, fucking reaches for his pocket
proud darwin award recipient

>> No.9373698

>>9373679
The drunk guy reached for his waistband. That's the green cop's only defense. It was very premature in terms of judging risk, and the guy was drunk, cooperating and pleading for his life. He reached to pull up his pants it seemed like, because he was too drunk to think better of it. They should have had him lay still while they cuffed him.

The cop should have gotten 2nd degree imo but like I said, I think they get a wide berth. The SC cop that shot that nigger in the back got off clean too.

>> No.9373699

>>9373564
A rabbi tried to convert me when I was younger. Does that mean I'm smart enough to join their secret illuminati society? Sweet.

>> No.9373703

>>9370945
They can always cite papers in their report, like anybody else would instead of claiming 'science based' or using other marketing terms to mislead.

>> No.9373733

Wow, this thread really brought the /pol/tards and shills out of the woodwork in droves. :^) Pretty boring 'talking points' though. Even the agitprop is losing most of its power to annoy people, because it's so repetitive and obviously retarded.

>> No.9373765

>>9373733
This is true on both political sides at this particular moment in America.

The real question is, whose ideals and ideas prevail in the coming decades? The multiculturalist globalists seem to be in the lead. The social left mostly supports them it seems, although maybe not on econmic terms. The real, genetic identity based right has made a tremendous and historically familiar comeback with the advent of the internet. How far will ideals meet practical reality?

>> No.9373778

>>9373733
There are /pol/tards that think 1984 was a criticism of liberalism, and Orwell loved the nazis.

>> No.9373780

>>9370945
Republicans are assmad brainlets confirmed

>> No.9373784

>>9373765
The internet only makes it easier to spread pseudoscience or misinterpretations of science. That's why the only fallback /pol/ has on its race ideas is that all the scientists are lying and it's a conspiracy to cover up the truth.

But obviously that's just projection. That's how they want the world to work. They want to censor the truth, so they imagine everyone is already censoring the truth. That's why stuff like this list of banned words came about.

>> No.9373797

>>9373784
You're a liar. Nigger and mestizo countries suck precisely because they're filled niggers and mestizos. Arabs have shit countries too, that's why they flee to Europe.

The evidence is quite simply the sorry state of nonwhite countries compared to most white Euro/NA countries.

>> No.9373799

>>9373797
filled with*

>> No.9373802
File: 63 KB, 680x635, 1510370397756.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9373802

>>9373797
t. triggered polcuck

>> No.9373811

>>9373802
It's a reality. Just go ahead and name two nice non-white countries, that aren't Japan and South Korea.

>> No.9373818

>>9373811
Singapore and Uruguay.

>> No.9373819

>>9373778
1984 is clearly about Stalinism, such as 'Emmanual Goldstein' being the hated Trotsky that Stalin spent forever trying to kill and erase from soviet history.

Orwell took a bullet fighting Spanish fascists so likely wouldn't have favored the 3rd reich.

>> No.9373820

>>9373811
UAE, Bahrain, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, Taiwan

>> No.9373826

>>9373820
lol

>> No.9373828

>>9373818
maybe halfway tolerable
>>9373820
I wouldn't want to live in any of those backwards sandnigger countries. SEA is also a bad meme. Taiwan is cucked by China.

>> No.9373829

>>9373778
>>9373819
As far as /pol/ is concerned, liberalism and stalinism are the same thing.

>> No.9373831

>>9373828
Why not? They're rich, religious, and socially conservative. Sounds like a Kekistani's dream.

>> No.9373839

>>9373831
except they're not white, but Europe and some parts of NA and small pockets of SA are

>> No.9373840

>>9373839
>w-well non-white countries suck because they're not white
Nice circular logic.

>> No.9373844

>>9373840
they suck. they aren't white. no one disagrees with any of this.

>> No.9373848

>>9373840
They suck because either their culture is backwards or they're full of violent, brown subhumans. Don't be a pedant.

>> No.9373862

>>9373844
>>9373848
You shouldn't be on sci if you don't know how logic works.
>All nonwhite countries suck
>Well, these countries are fine otherwise, but suck because they're nonwhite

>> No.9373863

>>9373818
Uruguay is ironically the whitest nation percent wise in all the Americas.

>> No.9373866
File: 437 KB, 1280x800, carlin.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9373866

>>9370945
>fetus
>mfw

>> No.9373867

>>9373863
Only if you count hispanics as white.
And really, what constitutes "white" is pretty much just defined opportunistically. /pol/ calls any group that is successful "white" in order to try to support their claims, while problems are all blamed on people who are classified as non-white in a similarly opportunistic manner.

>> No.9373874
File: 723 KB, 692x408, sam_clovis.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9373874

>>9371469
It's funny because isolated it would just be silly and deserve a short eye-roll. But when you consider that this is the same administration that has denied climate change, pushed conspiracy theories, created "fake news", replaced the head of almost every science/education/medical department with someone out of their league, etc. Then it stops being mildly amusing...

When actual science starts being equated to faith, rumor, and feelings, then that's a sea change regression in our academic fitness.

>> No.9373878

>>9370945
This is a good thing. "Evidence based" and "Science based" are buzzwords used to trick people into thinking your assertion has authority behind it. There's no need for them if you actually show the evidence or science you're basing your conclusion on.

If I did a study that concluded that homeopathy was the best treatment for cancer and told people "Trust me, it's evidence based!" you'd rightly call me out for deliberately deceiving people because my 'evidence' is flimsy at best. Why is it wrong to stop people from using psychological trickery like that and just have the facts stand on their own? You don't need someone to tell you their conclusion is "evidence based", just read the data yourself and see if the evidence is there.

>> No.9373879

>>9373862
I have to admit the truth. Nonwhite countries might not suck if they are actually not bad.
>>9373867
Successful countries are successful. Mestizo and nigger countries are frequently unsuccessful countries where quality of life is low and organized crime permeate the government. This is a basic fact that can be observed in the current state of affairs, and through history.

>> No.9373884
File: 79 KB, 682x431, trump science denial .jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9373884

>>9373878
True. I mean instead of newspapers using the word "sourced", they should just have quotes that speak for themselves. Let's go further and remove citations from papers. I mean, just read the words on there. Why do you need to know the information is reference to a larger or external piece of work? No shortcuts. Especially no shortcuts that might offend the Right. Buzzwords, the lot of them.

You know what? Fuck all of that. Everyone should just literally recreate every event and situation they discuss so no one who hates facts will ever get triggered. You don't like that the Sun rotates around the world because of evidence-based conclusions? Call them a bunch of manipulative science bitches and ask if they've proven it themselves! We can't let these queer, snowflake, SJW, 2spirit, soyboy cucks keep getting away with this shit. Not in my America.

>> No.9373887

>>9373884
The "newspapers" are nothing more than propaganda instruments at this point. The left is far more likely to be offended by things than the right. Throwing away white genetic pools for the sake of abstract ideals applied to lazy, more criminal brown people is a bridge too far for me. The evidence of brown cultures' effects on prosperity is evident.

>> No.9373890

>>9373887
evidence of effects on prosperity is concrete

>> No.9373917

>>9373884
I know you're being dismissive but you do realize that news outlets using loaded language to shape the narrative is actually a pretty big deal, right? When a pack of black guys assaults someone and the news reports it as a gang of 'youths', they're not using that language for clarities sake. Getting rid of loaded language and forcing people to use precise terms to mean what they actually mean is very good for everyone, right, left, centrists.

>> No.9373920

>>9373874
Make America Great Again libshit retard
When you mislead and politicize everything, don't be surprised when people are forced to take stances against you.

>> No.9373922

>>9373917
All of modern left wing thought is built on a blatant denial of reality
So its very inaccurate to say left or centrists want truthful accurate precise reporting on things.

>> No.9373929

>>9373784
Scientists are just bureaucrats working in careers
Even more so than the rest of society, they face immense political pressure to self-censor

Or they are just assassinated by marxists

>> No.9373948

>>9373929
> Or they are just assassinated by marxists
When was the last time a scientist was assassinated by marxists?

>> No.9373950

>>9373948
happens all the time, the government just covers it up
Calling it a "heart attack" or a suicide or a car accident

>> No.9373951

>>9373698
>The SC cop that shot that nigger in the back got off clean too.
He got 20 years.
Getting caught on tape planting the taser was pretty damaging to his narrative.

>> No.9373952

>>9373878
Just make them put also the degree of evidence behind each claim, not ban the fucking words. Your faggotry doesn't only affect yourselves, but the entire world's scientific community.

>> No.9373974

>>9373950
When has this happened?

>> No.9373995

>>9373952
>Just make them put also the degree of evidence behind each claim
There are LOTS of gullible idiots who hear "evidence based" and assume the conclusion must be true. Better to get rid of weasel words entirely and make evidence stand on it's own merits. Why are you supporting the CDC deliberately using manipulative language to evoke a specific response to their press releases? Why don't you just want the facts?

>> No.9374022

Anyone here who actually works in the field (and isn't just some dumbshit undergrad with no publications) can tell you that buzzwords and fads are inevitable in science. Banning certain buzzwords is a waste. It's like trying to herd cats.

>> No.9374076

>>9373974
Ask on /pol/. I don't have the pics on my phone.

>> No.9374139

>>9372812
>the check from failing education
Yes.

>> No.9374141

>>9373022
>property rights
capitalism

>> No.9374145

>>9373113
>I want to ban all of animal development
>and fuck you
No, fuck you animal-rights faggot.

>> No.9374147

>>9373173
>Obummer banned a ton of words
wat

>> No.9374276

>>9373173
Obama is the only president since probably Johnson to openly say "nigger" out in public. All the while Trump is afraid to call out (((them))) at every moment.

>> No.9374291

>>9371094
Since you guys don't know


"evidence-based policy" was a phrase made up by the Obama admin that they constantly shilled to pretend that their actions were non-partisan. Its meaningless.

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2017/01/obama-foreign-policy/513380/

>> No.9374383

>>9371653
It is literally called consensus reality you fucking moron. Feel free to end yourself.

>> No.9374481
File: 41 KB, 645x773, 1513076820768.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9374481

>unironically defending the party that's base doesn't even believe in evolution

And anons wonder why the rest of the site laughs at /sci/.

>> No.9374905

>>9373595
It's what it actually is though. It's a mental disorder no different than ADHD or homosexuality.

>> No.9374947

So there are a lot of posts in this thread alleging that the phrases "science based" and "evidence based" needed to be banned because the CDC used them as buzzwords for nefarious reasons, to hide a lack of evidence, etc.

Can anyone point to an example of the CDC doing this in a budget document (the word ban pertains to budget documents, which are also available online)? Or are you all just pulling this out your ass?

>> No.9374955

>>9374947
The problem is saying your conclusion is "evidence based" doesn't tell anyone anything about how compelling said evidence is. It's a psychological tactic to make people think that the conclusion is stronger than it is. Nobody is saying the CDC doesn't have evidence, just that they should let the evidence stand on it's merits rather than pushing a certain narrative and attempting to give it authority it doesn't deserve by saying it's "evidence based".

I don't think any of this should be controversial, it's just that brainlets see this and knee jerk about "What!? Trump hates science! We should always use "evidence based" policy!" without understanding the deeper reasoning behind using such phrases in the first place. Ironically they're exactly the kind of dumb, headline reading sheep that this tactic is supposed to work on.

>> No.9374969
File: 238 KB, 959x704, 1f565b06e64ac7b399a9eb2547b3208ff800624b.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9374969

>>9374291
>These were academics, intellectuals, and technocrats who were not only very smart; they took pride in being practical, grounded in reality, and wedded to facts. After the supposed anti-intellectualism and ideological rigidity of the George W. Bush administration, many of us welcomed the prospect of a president who was cerebral and professorial.
The problem was their capitalist ideological blinders. What they did was "eminently practical and grounded," with respect to capital's own warped internal logic and ceaseless drive towards accumulation and world war. From their reference frame, really there was no other option BUT to coalition with islamists and try to overthrow Syria's democratically elected leader

>> No.9375208

>>9374955
I take, it you have no example and are just pulling stuff out of your ass?

>> No.9375297

>>9374955
>It's a psychological tactic to make people think that the conclusion is stronger than it is.
It's a psychological tactic to make people think the conclusion is strong, period. They may just as easily come away with the impression that it is not as strong as it really is if the evidence is particularly compelling.
>Nobody is saying the CDC doesn't have evidence, just that they should let the evidence stand on it's merits rather than pushing a certain narrative and attempting to give it authority it doesn't deserve by saying it's "evidence based".
Right, and their reports already do that. Y'know, review the evidence. But just like not everyone has the time to read a thousand papers in the primary literature, not everyone has the time and inclination to read the review or meta-review. Some people only want a one-sentence distillation of what the evidence says. Y'know, if they -didn't,- there wouldn't be a problem with misleading headlines in the first place.
You might as well argue that reviews are unnecessary, because "the primary literature should stand on its own merits."
>they're exactly the kind of dumb, headline reading sheep that this tactic is supposed to work on.
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand science reporting. The psychology is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp on manipulation most of the techniques will go over a typical reader's head.

>> No.9375529

>>9371653
>>9371654
>copy pasting to quote
Boomerposting scum.

>> No.9375746

>Anonymous 12/17/17(Sun)17:51:00 No.9375529▶
>>>9371653
>>>9371654
>>copy pasting to quote
>Boomerposting scum.

My grandson called you a "good goy" because boomers aren't the enemy. Not sure what he means, but I'm happy to be a "pede"

Lots of love and God bless, MAGA

>> No.9375834

>>9371653
>>9371654
>>9371655
TL ; DR
found the newfag /pol/itard

>> No.9375839
File: 50 KB, 400x600, large_aZeX4XNSqa08TdMHRB1gDLO6GOi.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9375839

>>9370945
Fargo is a truth-based story.

>> No.9376051

>>9371675
>>semantics
If it's toothless semantics,

then why do you fucking care?

Better yet, is it really semantics when the organization in question is supposed to have everything it publishes based in proof or evidence?

>> No.9376054

>>9374481
That would be both parties.

>> No.9376058

>>9376051
>is it really semantics when the organization in question is supposed to have everything it publishes based in proof or evidence?
Only if you're willing to assume they're doing their jobs properly.

>> No.9376513

>>9371094
>what does "science-based" even mean?
I was wondering this myself. It's a nonsensical phrase that was created by a non-scientist when discussing a scientific issue to sound intelligent. No one with any scientific background or training would say it. "Evidence-based" is less nonsensical, but I've never heard it in a research setting or context. If I was asked about something that is well-established in the literature (this could also be pertinent if I was writing, say, an introduction to a manuscript or a review article), I would never say something is "evidence-based". I would say it had been reviewed extensively, or has been previously demonstrated and, well, is well-established. Then I would provide the citations.

>> No.9376636

>>9376054
What would even make you think that?

>> No.9376840

In other anti-science happenings from this administration
>Trump to Reverse Obama's Recognition of Climate Change as a National Security Threat

>E.P.A. Employees Spoke Out. Then Came Scrutiny of Their Email.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/17/us/politics/epa-pruitt-media-monitoring.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur

>> No.9376842

>>9376840
No matter what you think about climate change, it's obvious that classifying climate change as a national security threat is pure fearmongering.

>> No.9376850

>>9371663
>cherrypicking only the words he doesn't like, ignoring the ones he thinks are fine
Since you think that's ok, just don't cry when liberals take the government back and ban the word "race"

>> No.9376854

>>9371311
>He hasn't even read it yet

>> No.9376856

>>9370945
On NPR this morning the head of the CDC said e didn’t know where this story came from and he hadn’t heard anything about these “banned words”. Could be fake news idk.

>> No.9376867

>>9376842
I disagree. It is however down to semantics of what you consider a "threat." I consider it any sort of disruption to the economy and/or social well-being of US citizens, which it is.

>> No.9376869

>>9376842
not according to the Department of Defense or Government Accountability office

>https://www.defense.gov/News/Article/Article/612710/

"climate change will aggravate problems such as poverty, social tensions, environmental degradation, ineffectual leadership and weak political institutions that threaten stability in a number of countries"

"the department must consider the effects of climate change -- such as sea level rise, shifting climate zones and more frequent and intense severe weather events -- and how these effects could impact national security.”

>https://www.gao.gov/highrisk/limiting_federal_government_fiscal_exposure/why_did_study

"he Department of Defense's (DOD) 2010 and 2014 Quadrennial Defense Reviews state that climate change poses risks to defense infrastructure, particularly on the coasts. DOD's infrastructure consists of more than 555,000 defense facilities and 28 million acres of land, with a replacement value of close to $850 billion.3 "

" areas where government-wide action is needed to reduce fiscal exposure, because, among other roles, the federal government (1) leads a strategic plan that coordinates federal efforts and also informs state, local, and private-sector action; (2) owns or operates extensive infrastructure vulnerable to climate impacts, such as defense facilities and federal property; (3) insures property and crops vulnerable to climate effects; (4) provides data and technical assistance to federal, state, local, and private-sector decision makers responsible for managing the impacts of climate change on their activities; and (5) provides disaster relief aid. As a result, we added Limiting the Federal Government's Fiscal Exposure by Better Managing Climate Change Risks to the High-Risk List in 2013."

TL;DR climate change is a risk in terms exacerbating political and social instability. Also a financial risk for the US govt to pay for rebuilding infrastructure from extreme weather events

>> No.9377134

>>9376867
because the native peoples of our countries being run out of their homes by immigrants is fine, wages decreasing, death rates increasing, is fine

but some small changes in climate, for the better, will kill everyone

>>9376869
ridiculous meme nonsense based on proven wrong assumptions

>> No.9377137

>>9377134
thanks for the insightful analysis anon

>> No.9377148

>>9377137
As opposed to baseless claims of threats to our existance?
While extreme weather DECLINES

>> No.9377170

>>9377134
>for the better

Kek russian shill confirmed

>> No.9377176

>>9373595
But that's literally what they have.

>> No.9377874

>>9377148
(you)

>> No.9378899
File: 96 KB, 960x546, takethat.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9378899

>>9370945
WINNING :_---DDD-D

>> No.9378911
File: 50 KB, 701x393, trump-freak-out-701x393.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9378911

>>9370945
OH NO, WORDS!

>The absolute state of the US of America

>> No.9378941
File: 31 KB, 517x524, 1469485628309.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9378941

>>9371174
>>9371214
>drumpf is banning seven political neologisms
>thereby crippling our proud, subtle and ancient language and instituting newspeak
You must be retarded.
>>9372975
>>9372978
>it's named 'X' so it must really be X
>also, everything else is non-X
You must be retarded.
>>9373784
>scientists agree that left-wing politics is correct
>anything else is projection
You are a useful idiot.
>>9373818
>>go ahead and name two nice non-white countries
>names a white country and a fascist country
You might be on to something.

>> No.9378948

>>9378941
>le smug anime face
Every fucking time. Fuck off back to your containment board.

>> No.9378962
File: 16 KB, 402x402, 1469502476626.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9378962

>>9378948
>attacking the decorations
>leaving the message unchallenged
Definitely retarded.

>> No.9379080
File: 126 KB, 544x609, maga_pawn.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9379080

>>9378962
>Implying your transparent /pol/ rhetoric holds any sway on sci

>> No.9379088

>>9378941
>implying there is no communal bias in the scientific community due to threats from media
you're a special kind of stupid

H. J Eysenck was one of the most respected psychologists in Britain before he published a book called "The IQ argument: race, intelligence, and education", which destroyed his reputability because the media shit all over him for publishing something that went against their political narrative. This is only one example of this happening, there are many more.

>> No.9379091
File: 170 KB, 1212x900, 1471528577484.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9379091

>>9379080
>le pol l'anime le fuck
>never ever addressing the substance
This board's captcha should be replaced with integer-sequence pattern recognition, maybe with an image component, just to filter out the low-IQ shitposters.

>> No.9379097
File: 41 KB, 476x521, 1468271667060.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9379097

>>9379088
I don't disagree with you, Hitlerdubs. But take a look at the argument I was responding to.

>> No.9379156
File: 29 KB, 571x618, reddit.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9379156

>>9379091
>>le pol l'anime le fuck

>> No.9379161

>>9378941
>>9378962
>>9379091
Cringed

>> No.9379819
File: 38 KB, 492x492, 1469337191557.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
9379819

>>9379156
>>9379161
>still bitching about anime and outward appearances
>still leaving the argument unchallenged

>> No.9380074

>>9379819
>implying I cringed because of the anime

>> No.9380142

>>9380074
>still refusing to engage the substance of the argument
>still insisting on telling us about her feelings
*Sigh* tits or gtfo I guess

>> No.9380227

>>9379091
You know, this is actually not a half-bad idea

>> No.9380803

>>9370945
story is fake news and you took the bait

>> No.9380928

>9371018
>We wouldn't have this problem if science and facts weren't so obviously bias against republicans.
Replace "science and facts" with simply "academia" and you'd be right. There've been recent studies on it (not that anyone'll pay attention to them), shit's stupidly out of whack, which of course puts that science and facts in doubt, especially when so many studies are made in service of an agenda and not to mention the number of studies with "failed" results not suiting that agenda that then don't get published.

https://heterodoxacademy.org/2015/09/14/bbs-paper-on-lack-of-political-diversity/
https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/behavioral-and-brain-sciences/article/political-diversity-will-improve-social-psychological-science-1/A54AD4878AED1AFC8BA6AF54A890149F

https://econjwatch.org/articles/faculty-voter-registration-in-economics-history-journalism-communications-law-and-psychology

>> No.9380931

>>9380928
Shit, mangled the link, meant for >>9371018

>> No.9381360

>>9379819
You're the one bringing up anime. We want you gone because of the contents of your posts, not because the images they contain.

>> No.9381763

>>9379088
>H. J Eysenck was one of the most respected psychologists in Britain before he published a book called "The IQ argument: race, intelligence, and education", which destroyed his reputability because the media shit all over him for publishing something that went against their political narrative.
>m-muh narrative ... DATS NARRACIST
No nigger, his reputability was destroyed because his argument was complete shit and devoid of any actual research
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Eysenck#Genetics_and_intelligence
Even the minnesota transracial study shitters disagree with his shit.

>> No.9382908

>>9370945
OH NO YOU CAN'T USE SCIENCE-BASED OH NOOOOoOOooOOoOO

I guess they'll just have to say based on science now.

>> No.9382931

>>9370945
Fake news is fake.

>> No.9384342

>>9371174
if you had actually read the book which you have not it might occur to you that science-based and evidence-based have replaced a myriad of other more meaningful words that might describe the principle behind a policy or ideology. science-based, evidence-based and progressive can be conformally mapped to good, plusgood and doubleplusgood in ingsoc.

if you actually knew anything about rule of law it might also occur to you that many countries have a "plain-english" law such that laws and contracts are readable. this necessarily censors certain ubiquitous jargon. its not newspeak. newspeak is designed to stop crimethink (orwell asks the important question if you can truly think what you cannot say). banning buzzwords forces them to be explained, or, if they cannot be explained: removed entirely. this is anti-newspeak.

not to mention that one of the first and most popular "science-based doctrine" was Marxist-communism; the very ideology that Orwell was warning us could become totalitarian and perpetual in his book that you didn't read.

>> No.9384356

>>9380928
Is it academia that's against Republicans, or is it Republicans who are biased against academia? Put another way, is science explicitly anti-Flat Earth Society?

>> No.9384487

>>9374955
If you use this awful logic, you could also ban the word, "fire". It's a psychological tactic to make people think that the conclusion that there is a fire is strong than it is. Why have the word fire when you could see if there's a fire yourself?

In the end, this logic means that any adjective, or word describing something can be banned. Basically any word in the English dictionary can be used to mislead anyone, but that doesn't mean that it should be banned.

>> No.9385418

>>9372978
>the entire framework for how we do medicine
Jesus we truly are lost. You youngsters have no idea. Try 'evidence *informed* medicine'. That's where the doc, using their skill, experience, and treating their patient like an individual, makes decisions based on that patient's best interests, not the results of some research which says all patients with condition x should be treated with treatment y. Because, in case you hadn't realised, or missed your statistics class, or maybe you haven't even got that far through college yet, treatment y never ever works for all patients. Research should be there to support clinical decision making, not replace it.

>> No.9386369

>>9371179
have become*

>> No.9386373

Science-based research based on evidence-based evidence shows that Donald Trump will be impeached as a direct consequence of his incredibly low approval ratings in the science-based community. Evidence-based evidence found on tumblr confirms these findings and suggest participating in the science-based #resist movement if you are science-based individual driven by evidence-based emotions and empathy.

>> No.9386496

>>9371409
it would be a case of bringing a gun to a gunfight instead of a knife. plus, the whole stuff is fake news.

>> No.9386511

>>9386373
If you're writing factual paperwork there is no need to use the phrases "evidence-based" or "science-based". If something is factually sound, you just say what it is. The only reason to use those phrases if you are claiming something that isn't actually agreed upon by observers of the same thing.

Why say "science-based [thing]" when you could just say "[thing]"? The only reason to use such a lazy excuse for a persuasive adjective is if you have someone to persuade. Meaning your report has been infested with opinion as opposed to fact

>> No.9388190

>>9386511
>Why say "science-based [thing]" when you could just say "[thing]"?
If lots of people are saying [thing] but basing it on hunches guesswork, and you want to make it clear that you have solid reasons supporting your [thing]?

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action