[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 20 KB, 480x270, Frustration.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9343262 No.9343262 [Reply] [Original]

Guys, need your help:

22 yrs old from Spain, been programming since 19 and with 20 started to do it professionaly.
Last year, I started software engineering at University to reach my goal : Artificial Intelligence, but the more time I spent in there, the more I realized the classes are extremely theorical and useless in terms of pragmatism for the real world, ending up in a constant loop of frustrations and thinking I´m wasting my time.

Maybe I´m not the only one with these problems, so how do you deal with this?

Thanks.

>> No.9343269

>>9343262
It depends. Where do you get the money?

>> No.9343270
File: 9 KB, 221x250, 1509770294230s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

stick to drawing boxes in CSS, brainlet

>> No.9343275

we have so many barriers before we can reach Artificial Intelligence that we don't even know what approaches would get close. We have no idea what barriers might yet be undiscovered because all we've done is approximate intelligence and build environments that may help intelligence develop.

If you do not thoroughly have a grasp on the theoretical, and more importantly the methods used to establish theoretical ideas of your own, you will never be able to pull these ideas into reality.

We are still incredibly far, and you are certainly not wasting your time - even if you merely rule out an approach you have accomplished something

>> No.9343276

Working as a freelancer for a company in Madrid.
The money isn´t the problem because in Spain is far cheaper compared to the rest of Europe.

>> No.9343283

That´s the point, some subjects like Logic I love them, because the professor makes them practical and interesting, however others like Data Structures still use the evaluation method of a paper exam where you have to write a complex program with to access to a computer.

That´s driving me crazy.

>> No.9343300

>>9343283
> the evaluation method of a paper exam where you have to write a complex program with to access to a computer.
You shouldn't need a computer to write a program to deal with anything your standard university undergrad data structures class covers. If you actually understand the algorithms being used and know the basic syntax for whatever language the test tells you to use it should be trivial.

>> No.9343315

Usually I would agree in a 100%, but they said I failed a 200-lines exam because I forgot a ;

>> No.9343513

>>9343262
You should by a rope and hang yourself spic.