[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 46 KB, 500x375, Hajime Sorayama FFYA cover.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9306740 No.9306740 [Reply] [Original]

In what ways are things like tactile sensations different from emotional ones? Obviously the sources are different, but what about the sensations? How analogous is feeling the surface of a wooden desk or a smooth rock to feeling something like anger or sadness?

>> No.9306778
File: 15 KB, 355x142, download.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

A E S T H E T I C S

What makes liking a color different than liking a flavor? Is it just because separate areas of the brain are responsible for processing these things that leads to the different experience or something else?

I think an aesthetics and psychology board would be cool but it would probaby be dead and make sci dead'er

>> No.9306787

>>9306778
>What makes liking a color different than liking a flavor?
I guess I don't need that much of an answer; my real question is more like "is the difference between something like taste and touch etc bigger than the difference between taste or touch etc and emotional sensations?" Does one precede the other?

>> No.9306858

>>9306787
you dont have senses and emotions to test yourself?

isn't something like that purely subjective