[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 421 KB, 700x525, 1496484090149.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9246495 No.9246495 [Reply] [Original]

So I'm going to be interviewed next week for a research associate position at a small biotech company.
I'm currently an undergrad in my 4th year of school graduating in about another year. The position they're considering me in requires a bachelor's or master's degree so I'm really eager and anxious to blow this interview out of the water.
What kind of interview questions am I expected to answer? They do a whole array of lab work (PCR, electrophoresis, short tandem repeats, DNA sequencing, etc.). Also, they tell me that I should be prepared to stay for a couple of hours to meet the team. Am I going to be doing a panel interview ? I know 3 interviewers will be involved but I'm really nervous because they, all 18 employees, have PhDs and here I am as an undergrad will be performing procedures they do.
What can I expect and what should I be doing between now and 5 days away from the interview?

Really need your help on this one /sci/...

>> No.9246496
File: 205 KB, 445x386, 1503966835604.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

just be yourself. show that you understand PCR, electrophoresis, short tandem repeats, DNA sequencing, etc, but that you also know how to deal with triple integrals.

>> No.9246501

>>9246496
I had a phone interview already and two people, one hiring manager and another the R&D director both questioned me on my personality and on my extent of knowledge on microbiology, labwork, molecular and biochemistry. The thing is, I've never had a job. I'm a nervous wreck thinking about all of this but also excited. Will they repeat those same questions that were asked over the phone in the in-person interview?

>> No.9246502

“Tell me about a time you failed to meet a goal” has tripped me up in the past. Good luck.