[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 123 KB, 700x482, my PIQ.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9199240 No.9199240 [Reply] [Original]

i have a really bad memory from a progressive brain disease so im giving up on microbiology/genetics because it involves a lot of memorization and knowledge i noticed while doing the chemistry prerequisites and a physics that i may be able to do some fields that require less memorization and more problem solving
(i don't even know the groups on the periodic table but i still do well with stoichiometry and understanding concepts like orbitals i cant do simple math in my head anymore but its okay because i just use the calculator and periodic table) how much memorization is required to be a genetics researcher or bioinformatics person, am i better off just doing some other field only science math and physics please.

>> No.9199247

>>9199240
try comp """sci""", needs no brain function whatsoever

>> No.9199253

i actually have trouble remembering code functions but i have been told this before in high school, i have always been good at physics chem

>> No.9199265

>>9199240
Chem has few rules so its good
Physics is good too

>> No.9199287

>>9199240
Unironically pure math.

>>9199265
Chem has too many caveats. It's all empirical.

>> No.9199289

is biostatistics and genetics really just a lot of memorization if it is it may be too challenging i will try anyways and switch if it's too difficult

>> No.9199295

thanks for the advice everyone i will write down alternatives to biology

>> No.9199363

>>9199287
This, math doesn't really require you to have good memory, though it does help significantly. Don't go to CS, there's nontrivial amount of stuff you just have to remember that's unfeasible for you to reinvent on the spot, especially when you stray away from academia. Some areas of physics are also very light on memory, but the problem is you have to get through the general physics courses of which some do require a lot of memorization.

>> No.9199368

>>9199240
>progressive brain disease
Become a philosophy major, you won't have to know nuffin.