[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 131 KB, 1481x1007, Untitled.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8975939 No.8975939 [Reply] [Original]

Describe the worst professor you ever had.

>> No.8975967

you wouldn't believe it anyway

>> No.8975978
File: 8 KB, 240x320, pug.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>High School Biology
Teacher was unfuckingbelievably left wing biased. She had fucking "wage gap" related signs and shit plastered all over her classroom. Single strictest teacher I've ever seen, wasn't strict as in actual learning, she just hated children. Would spend multiple class periods talking about how great her environmental work is. One of her assignments was literally to go outside and pick up garbage and another was to go into the desert to gather plants and spend weeks drying and pressing them, except if it was a non-native plant she'd toss it out and you had no way of knowing if the plant was native or not. She spent huge amounts of time shilling her ecology class and made impressionable kids watch super biased vegetarian/environmentalist shit. She was also the sex ed teacher and required everyone to have fake gay sex for an aids demonstration, I backed out and I was the only one with aids because she gave me the aids cup. I went from fucking hardcore die hard democrat to full 1488 in one fucking school year thanks to her.

>High School Pottery
Unironically named Mr. Waddles, looked like a fucking lanky pug. Outright hated students, was full of arbitrary rules that made zero fucking sense. Once accused me of cheating because I studied for a test and got all the answers right. He spoke entirely in catchphrases and would unironically start rapping in class. At that point I just stopped caring so I made all my clay into dinosaurs, which he threw away and started sitting next to the door because he would wait 30 seconds to let everyone out after the bell rang without fail. He'd send me into a nearby teacher's class who was really fucking cool. Finally got to switch out after he gave me a referral for eating beef jerky in class. I know it sounds like I was being a little shit but this was just after the biology teacher and I was just couldn't deal with that shit for another year.

Post high school has been completely fine, just have to check on the teacher

>> No.8975984

>>8975939
I wish I was based enough to fart in front of students.

>> No.8975990

>>8975967
Anon pls, you can't just leave it at that.

>> No.8975993

>>8975978
If we're going to consider high school teachers "professors" then my high school gym teacher is a good one. She also taught us "health" in which she told us hypertension is a leading cause of death. Not really that big of a deal until she explained hypertension is when you don't stretch enough and your muscles get all contracted and you can't move and then you die. She recommended preventing this by making sure we stretch everyday.

She also told us TV caused cancer. Literally said the radiation from the TV beamed cancer into you. As well as told us marijuana causes vivid hallucinations which would lead to you dying by jumping off a roof or something.

Great teacher.

>> No.8975996

>>8975978
>I backed out and I was the only one with aids because she gave me the aids cup

fucking kek, where in the hell was your high school?

>> No.8975998
File: 1.38 MB, 1920x1080, Look up Chollas if you want thousands more painful hooked threadlike spikes seriously my sister fell into one years ago and her leg still has dozens of scars.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8975996
A very beautiful but run down rural town in southern california. She was the only teacher like that but she was friends with the principal and my mom so I couldn't do anything. I stopped talking to my mom for over a year because of that shit.

>> No.8976040

The fucking physics II professor gave me a fucking terrible ( C-) grade because I HAVE NOT FUCKING DRAWN the fucking physical system THAT WAS ALREADY PRINTED ON FUCKING EXAM PAPER.

He expected to everyone draw the figure with the answer below it
Why? Who the fuck knows

And when I mean draw, its really draw, not a sketch.

>> No.8976043

ratemyprofessor is usually a bunch of brainlets complaining about a professor being shit because of their bad grade...but the one professor I had that was actually was because he was legit gone 2 weeks at a time, 4 times throughout the semester working with Boeing for something and 2/7 problems on the final were topics covered 1 day before with no practice problems

>> No.8976047

A Russian guy who was in the Math department for 30 years. 3 times he was 14 minutes late to class ( after 15 the lecture is forfeit ). It was because he forgot where the room was ( reminder he was in the department for 30 years ). His lectures were incomprehensible, very scattered thinking and forgetful. I honestly think he had dementia. Good thing the class was piss easy. I wrote on my review to give him a nice retirement early and that I was genuinely concerned for his deteriorating mental state.

>> No.8976050

I had a TA who I knew for a fact didn't read any of my lab papers. I was a horrible writer and didn't organize my lab reports well at all and he still gave me high Bs for some reason. Only real thing he corrected was my spelling which was odd because he could spot my spelling but not my awful structure and everything else. In the middle of the year we had an NMR experiment and he accidentally dropped a sample into the NMR on top of another sample smashing them both and spreading deuterated sugar all over the inside. The lab services guy who was a prominent hot head yelled and screamed for weeks because he kept seeing sugar on the NMR no matter how hard he scrubbed and no matter what solvent he used to try and clean it.

>> No.8976078

at community college
a indian CPA teaching accounting 101

thick accent
quick to anger
couldn't answer any questions
used the book's lecture slides to a tee, no more
taught nothing
quick to anger
mumbled
didn't know accounting groundwords -- bookkeeping

I've had Romanian physics professors and Chinese math professors. I've never been more upset at someone.

>> No.8976427

It's hard to pick just one:
Intro CS professor
>gone for 7 of the 15 weeks on vacations
>spent most of the first lecture each week talking about the vacation he just came back from
>used lecture slides from 2003 he took from some other professor
>had a Korean TA who laughed at students when they had questions
Spanish 301 professor
>native speaker from Venezuela but really only knows common Spanish instead of formal Spanish
>comes into class likely drunk, wearing sunglasses that take up her entire face, and wears scarves while holding Starbucks and lecturing in broken English
>working on her PhD (somehow) so she constantly cancels classes or is late
Economics 101 "professor"
>just some fucking grad student teaching over the summer
>starts lecture stumbling through poorly planned slides
>starts talking about the THREE (3) factors of production
>African med student starts correcting him
>break after 90 minutes since it's a 3 hour class
>tell other people in the hall this is bullshit and I'm leaving
>drop class
ECE 101
>professor speaks decent enough English
>TA is some Indian grad student
>mumbles in utterly broken English
>rushes through lab instructions at sanic speeds, no one has a clue what's going on
>gets mad at questions he thinks are basic
>incredibly obvious he doesn't want to be there

>> No.8976447
File: 77 KB, 750x750, lmfaoo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8976078
>community college
thats like going to McDonalds and expecting a full course meal

>> No.8976469

>>8975939
I once had a pajeet prof whose method of "lecturing" was to ask if anybody had any questions about the textbook. If nobody had questions he spent the entire lecture (I do mean the ENTIRE lecture) ranting about how irresponsible students were for not reading the book before coming to class. Not once did he actually give anything resembling a normal lesson.

>> No.8976501

>>8976469
Seems efficient. Read the book at home then ask questions about it in class. Better than having your prof just tell you shit that's in the book anyway.

>> No.8976531

My grade 10 science teacher never taught us shit. Every class he'd just tell stupid stories about his go karting career, or how his kids once almost burnt his house down trying to grow pot. Also, he kept his dog in his classroom, which was pretty cool, until someone complained and he had to stop bringing his dog. Noone did well in his class.

>> No.8976537
File: 74 KB, 277x358, 1497112064116.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8975939
Why couldn't any of the review authors spell 'burp' properly?

>> No.8976543
File: 869 KB, 1080x1920, 1493764249831.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8976537
>burgers

>> No.8976549

>>8975993
>She also told us TV caused cancer. Literally said the radiation from the TV beamed cancer into you.
>what is CRT

>> No.8976550

Prof Merkel. The guy had verbal diarrhea. He'd drink a litre of coffee then spend two hours talking about inane shit like his kids and boats. He took attendance and failed anyone who missed more than three classes so we had no choice but listen to this asshat go on about every boring detail of his life like they were the most amazing things ever. Some days he didn't even spend ten minutes on the course material. Worst of all was having him as a lab instructor. We'd have ten minutes to get an hour long lab completed because we couldn't start until he had finished talking. He also did some stupid shit like asking for feedback on assignments and exams then deducting points for negative feedback. He started a student club and explicitly stated he'd raise anyone who signed up a letter grade. On one of his exams we had to write an essay on why we deserved to pass the course.

I believe he was pulled out of teaching and shoved in a closet somewhere eventually. The Dean was aware the guy was terrible.

>> No.8976625

>>8975939
My medical lecturers are meant to be professional adults but start almost every lecture with "lol drumpf two scoops".

>> No.8976628

>>8975978
> fake gay sex for an aids demonstration, I backed out and I was the only one with aids because she gave me the aids cup.

Jesus christ

>> No.8976636

>>8976447
Stealing 4chan jokes. Wew lad.

>> No.8976645

>>8976636
>stealing 4chan jokes
>on 4chan

>> No.8976787

>>8975939
Fucking MOngoLoids CAN't fucking spell

>> No.8976910

>>8976427
>>had a Korean TA who laughed at students when they had questions
fucking kek

>> No.8976927

ITT: poor students

>> No.8976943

I've never been to university, but the worst teacher I ever had was back in primary school. We had her for about 2 hours a week while my usual teacher did god knows what.

Loud and obese, the typical ugly woman. A complete pig. Played favourites with the girls that acted nice to her. She was strict and had made rules for her class as she went along. One moment she asked the class to describe the physical characterises of black people, but then called them a racist for answering. She threatened to suspend me for gliding the end of a pen over a PC tower after sending me to the back of the room for not efficiently doing my work.

She would also always play her opera songs through speakers at the front of the small classroom. You could measure the loudness alone by the number of students looking in as they passed the classroom.

She apparently had dozens of parent complaints every month. It was playground gossip of when she'll be fired. Not one student liked her, even those stereotypical overly academic kids did.

I'm glad that I didn't have her as my full time teacher. She was a bitch plain and simple.

I checked earlier this year and she is still teaching.

>> No.8976955
File: 259 KB, 567x522, 019759963b4591437fd4ceb31a85e1b7.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8975939

High School chem teacher

She never taught fucking shit. She used her class hours to discuss the teenage problems of the students. Her objective was being liked by the teenagers she was supposed to teach to. We went on class trips and she caught the cool kids with booze and weed and didn't do anything. She wanted to be "hip and cool" since she was bullied on her teenage years for being fat and ugly

She went around tests giving the answers to the students she liked since she knew no one learnt shit on her classes so the school wouldn't kick her.

She also was an asshole to one class for no reason, gave them impossible tests and was a shit person all around.

>> No.8976967

>>8975993
U got the # for ur teachers weed plug?

>> No.8976986

>>8975978
>backed out of faking gay sex
So teenage you didnt want to fake hump your friends and make loud obnoxious sex noises while looking at the qt girls? The supressed homosexuality is strong with you

>> No.8977006

>>8976427

>had a Korean TA who laughed at students when they had questions

My sides.

>> No.8977010

ASSOCIATE professor
Teaching multivariable
Read from the book in class
Couldn't do example problems
Students constantly correcting him
Most of the class got sick of it, turned in the hw and left immediately.
Professor made rule you had to turn in at end. We all gave our hw to the one guy that actually stayed. No repercussions.

>> No.8977014

I'm lucky enough that the worst college professor I ever had was somebody who was nice and meant well, but was just really bad at explaining shit. This was an american-born chinese guy who taught upper level probability & statistics. He was basically just there to grade our exams; the book taught the course (he wrote the book, it wasn't great).

I had a high school E.L.A. teacher who was basically a black panther wannabe who didn't DIRECTLY grade down white students and males, but she would certainly give you a bad grade if you disagreed with her political opinions, which would seem extreme SJW by today's standards, even though I was in this course in about 2002, so I don't know how she kept her job. It was very hard not to disagree with her political opinions if you weren't the right demographic, because the course was basically designed to make you feel bad...

>> No.8977026

>>8977010
The capitalist in me would have started a service of waiting for the rest of the lecture for other students in exchange for $1. Could make a hefty $50 an hour in a class of 50 students if they all become clients. Maybe even take pictures and send to each client to be professional by ensuring the task is done. That's a better wage per hour than anything a college student could expect, and I could spend it shitposting on /sci/ and then use the money for beer and vodka. baka that nobody else thought of this idea

>> No.8977031
File: 93 KB, 512x288, jordan-peterson.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Philosophy teacher, probably

>Philosophy

Guy would always go off a tangent that lasted for at least half an hour, max 2 hours since that was when we had a break. He was a homosexual, which is fine, but he plastered 'Some people are gay, get over it.' posters all over the school which served to have the actual gay kids be bullied even more about.

Any time you'd say gay, even in just a kid jokey way, he'd stop whatever he was doing to have a rant about gay rights and so on. It became a joke eventually, and we'd intentionally try to set him off on a tirade, even just by asking stuff related to Philosophy.

Think Jordan Peterson, and how he goes off on one and forgets questions. That, but the fella said nothing of worth and would go in depth about how he enjoys writing wikipedia articles. Learnt absolutely nothing in his class,although he was quite a friendly guy. Failed the class and am doing Engineering now, still interested in Philo though.

>> No.8977038

>>8977014
>This was an american-born chinese guy who taught upper level probability & statistics
Funny, I had a professor exactly like this as well who was pretty terrible at explaining. The lecture notes were good though.

>> No.8977117

>>8975939
My intro to psychology prof. It was an elective I thought was going to be easy.
She spent a good 2 months of the semester just going on about Freud. Didn't learn anything about the guy, since she would start teaching then just complain about how dumb his concepts were. Don't even get me started on her multiple lectures about how Freud was addicted to sex.
She would often get distracted by what students were doing in class too
>she notices kid chewing gum
>you must still have the oral-desire from your toddler days. let us discuss it in front of the class
>notice another kid constantly checking his phone
>you must have an attachment issue

She spent another 2-3 lectures just to complain about how university kids dress these days, about how our appearance indicated how much effort we put into our studies/lives and such.
At this point, we were way behind the rest of the psych courses being taught, probably behind by 9 weeks.
She then suddenly left one day 2 weeks before the final. Never saw her again.

Our emergency replacement was amazing though. He was able to teach us a whole semester worth of psychology in just 4 classes. He acted out every symptom of as many mental illnesses he could. He was probably mental himself.

>> No.8977135

>>8975978
>hardcore die hard democrat to full 1488
How weak-minded

>> No.8977188

>>8976531
It's grade 10 mate no one gives a fuck, they're meant to be fun classes.

>> No.8977234

>>8975978
>180 on political views because of a retard extremist
I am not surprised you identify as a conservative, go ahead and stay there

>> No.8977238

Miss Emel. She was one hell of a teacher. I felt as if I was in the army rather than a classroom. Way she spoke to us and treated us was pretty harsh. I felt like she was going to kill me every time she asked me a question.(thank god she only asked me like 5 the entire year.). One single mistake while solving her equations and you would never hear the end of it. She was a medium build,fake blonde with blue eyes. I'm just glad she left after 1 year because dear god was it a fucking horror movie.

>> No.8977257

My Inorganic Chemistry teacher is a complete idiot regarding time management
he wastes around 35% of every class (I actually timed it once) writing headlines, drawing graphs/images or other completely trivial stuff that could be shoved in slides instead.
He says he doesn't use slides because they take away student focus. While he has a point, it's still better than what he does. He literally can't explain anything because he doesn't finish any of his thought processes.
That class consisted of me noting down book chapters so I could actually learn at home.

>> No.8977258
File: 94 KB, 1775x745, Theheck.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Doing undergraduate nuclear physics research
>Supervisor/Prof asks that I take out points of our data until it forms a smooth curve in excel
>Put said smooth curve over original data and allows us to look for peaks in our data
>Think about what he just said to me for a good 5minutes
>Prof doesnt understand how to polynomial fit

whew, pic is what he had in mind before I explained that we could use origin instead

>> No.8977355

>>8977188
I get that, but it sucked when half my friends had to go to summer school cause of it.

>> No.8977389

>>8976955
this is the problem with modern educators.
they get to involved with student personal lives and general school drama.
we need some better educators that have an unbiased view on their students and focus on making sure these kids know the material.
not fucking mongoloids like you described

>> No.8977433

>>8975939
I had a christian biology teacher who was super fucking passive agressive about basically everything he teached and would pass some retarded fake studies about DNA spelling the name YAHWEH. Like, really? Why the fuck did he became a teacher?

>> No.8977446

>>8977257
I had one prof who was incredibly slow with board usage. He would say something in words and then write everything down very carefully, like entire sentences rather than just key points or equations or something. Meant the course was pretty slow but on the other hand the lectures were relaxed as hell and all the material was crystal clear, so I don't know if it was a good thing or not.

>> No.8977455

>>8975939
>Nuclear Physics
>the whole lecture (90min) was just 100+ powerpoint slides filled with formulas and some confusing diagrams
>didn't learn a thing

>> No.8977510

>>8975939
Wait the pic is obviously of the BEST professor that any of these kids ever had...

>> No.8977536

>birp

>> No.8977547

>>8977446
I'd rather completely learn something slowly than quickly learn bits and pieces of it

>> No.8977583

>>8977117
>complains about freud
>teaches freud tier pop psych
Lol

>> No.8977587

>>8975939
Had a circuits 2 professor that spent the first 40 minutes talking about teaching philosophy and the last 10 minutes trying to cram a lecture.

I failed the class.

Eventually I learned to just not show up to lectures at my university and just read the book and do the homework, got plenty of A's doing that.

>> No.8977595

>>8975939
Shit, I had a geometry teacher in highschool who busted ass in class. Lifted his leg and everything. He took one of my chocolate bars once too, and gave it to a fat kid. Though I think that was because he knew the kid was nice enough to give it back after class, overall he was a pretty good instructor.

>> No.8977630

>>8977135
>>8977234
It's a joke you moron, stop getting assblasted because you're a liberal faggot.

>> No.8977713

>>8977536
it's spelled burb u dummy

>> No.8977731
File: 43 KB, 600x637, 1490904845143.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8975978

>I went from fucking hardcore die hard democrat to full 1488 in one fucking school year thanks to her.

This is what happened to me after I attempted and Africana Studies Minor in college. Scared me to the point where I voted Trump and jerked off to the collective liberal outrage for weeks after the election in a spiteful and sadistic frenzy.

>> No.8977753

I had an accounting professor who was really bad. She yelled at me. I used to be a Bernie supporting hippie, but after that I decided to go kill tens of thousands of gypsies.

>> No.8977765

My current online physics professor is a nightmare. As a preface, I am horrible at algebra, but somehow got an A in Calc I, so I'm not completely inept.

He doesn't prepare any sort of lecture/notes/slides or anything for us. His idea of teaching is to assign us with 2 online discussions and labs a week, which as long as you submit something, you get a 100 on. Then, there are 2 50-90 question practice quizzes straight from test banks that take me between 1 and 4 hours to do each, and I haven't gotten above a 60 on them. The real quizzes are 10 questions taken from the practice, but they are always the hardest questions, and my average on them is a 65.

I'm about to bomb by 3.9 GPA as a senior, and pretty much ruin my chances of going to a decent grad school because of this fucking idiot.

>> No.8977770

Advanced modeling professor in grad school. Guy was a major jackass.

>Accomplished in his field and smug about it
>Shits on students who ask questions he feels are dumb, which in his opinion are most of them
>Goes through math super fast, doesn't show multiple steps, says it's the students job to figure it out for themselves
>Hard as fuck homework assignments that he won't give real solutions for (he does the first few steps and says "oh the rest is simple")
>Midterms that kill the whole class, averages around 20-30%
>He teaches 4 classes in the chemical engineering department, every class has scores between 20-30% on his midterms for over two decades now
>After every bad midterm he screams at the class about how terrible they are and if they don't improve he will fail everyone
>He's a major Iranian nationalist, often goes on tangents about Iranian politics and how much he hates America for backing the Shah
>Blatantly ignores any student who isn't Persian
>Department knows he's hated but no one else wants to teach his classes

Had to take a modeling class and 3 transport classes (fluids, heat, mass) with this asshole.

>> No.8977778

>>8977770
Oh I forgot

>If he finds out you miss a class he will dock your grade by one letter
>This policy is especially stupid because all his classes are recorded and posted on uni website so if you miss a class for whatever reason you can just watch it later
>His grade docking policy is also not supported by the department, but he does it anyway
>You can take it to the department and fight him on it, and you will win, but then you still have to take classes with him and he will hate you

>> No.8977784

>>8977778
So glad I dropped out of college and I don't have to associate with anyone that makes my stomach churn.

>> No.8977791

>>8977765
You can't bomb a 3.9 GPA at the end of senior year you retard. No wonder you said you're terrible at algebra. Assuming that you're getting As in the rest of the classes, the worst you can do is a 3.8, and that's assuming you fail the class.

>> No.8977843

>>8977731
>I voted Trump
hows that working out for you now smarty?

>> No.8977847

>>8977843
pretty good, since he won. how did your hillary vote turn out :^)

>> No.8977852

>>8977847
your great level of intelligence is why you almost minored in such a respectable field

>> No.8977887

>>8975978
I had the same kind of biology teacher.
I went full communism instead, though.

>> No.8977890

>>8977852
that well, huh?

>> No.8977891

>>8976047
3 times, 14 minutes, 15 lectures...
3.1415.... woah!!!

>> No.8977893

>>8977234
>>8977135
Top lel, with you libtards if someone becomes a conservative he's weak minded and if he was always one he's closed minded. Like sweden? Go ahead and stay there, just because you worship suffering doesn't mean we all do.

>> No.8977895

>>8977026
no barriers to entry means other people would try the same and you'd have to compete and lower the price

>> No.8977904

My calculus II professor was a weird fuck. 50% of the classes were about aliens, conspiracies and shit. And 25% were about how we were wasting time at college and that we should invest all our money in stocks. And of course, his class was terrible, always playing the harmonica and eating junk food. He always arrived to our classroom with sweat dropping from his clothes. According to him, he was a master of the ancient martial arts (actually just a black belt in Aikido, which is shit). He lost all our last exams so he decided to just give random notes to everyone. And I'm sure he shat his pants one time.

>> No.8977907

>>8977904
>invest all our money in stocks
you pretty much should.
Going into bitcoin is better though

>> No.8977915

>>8977770
Rafa?

>> No.8977925

>>8977843

If you read my post you would understand that I voted for him for short term goals (which he achieved before he became president) and for the most base of reasons.

If you think I went in to that voting both acting on my head than you are wrong. I voted out of pure spite and emotion. And I got what I voted for. So it worked out great.

>> No.8977991

>>8977038

Stony Brook?

>> No.8977996

>>8975939
I want to preface this by saying it was at UPenn, an Ivy League school. The professor here had a class that was supposed to be 4 hours long every Saturday, yeah Saturday. All we did in this class, ever, was count rocks and write the number of rocks down on a piece of paper and leave. He provided the pen, the paper, and the rocks. There was no textbook, no studying, no tests, no assignments, no lectures, nothing. This guy was a lazy piece of shit. In reality the average class time was about 20 minutes. Just 20 fucking minutes of showing up to class, being handed the rocks and paper and pen, counting and leaving. And we just talked among ourselves while we counted. We laughed and made small talk and jokes and that was it. Last day of class we watched a horror film that had nothing to do with anything. When the last class ended, prof didn't even say goodbye. We just said "ok professor...we're uhh leaving now....ok bye. thanks" and he put up his hand and shook it to signal "ok leave" without even looking at us and he just kept watching his horror film.

Shit was just called "Antropology in Action" or something. I swear to god. That professor did nothing, deserves to be fired. Fucking hell. Everybody got an A.

>> No.8977999

>>8977257

Is he a German, in New York?

>> No.8978002

>>8977996
Maybe I should just greentext this.
>at UPenn, an Ivy League school
>The professor here had a class that was supposed to be 4 hours long every Saturday, yeah Saturday
>All we did in this class, ever, was count rocks and write the number of rocks down on a piece of paper and leave.
>He provided the pen, the paper, and the rocks. There was no textbook, no studying, no tests, no assignments, no lectures, nothing
>guy was a lazy piece of shit
>In reality the average class time was about 20 minutes. Just 20 fucking minutes of showing up to class, being handed the rocks and paper and pen, counting and leaving.
>we just talked among ourselves while we counted. We laughed and made small talk and jokes and that was it.
> Last day of class we watched a horror film that had nothing to do with anything
>hen the last class ended, prof didn't even say goodbye. We just said "ok professor...we're uhh leaving now....ok bye. thanks" and he put up his hand and shook it to signal "ok leave" without even looking at us and he just kept watching his horror film.

Shit was just called "Antropology in Action" or something.

Tenured professor should have been fired.

>> No.8978005

>>8977996
>>8978002
worth it tbqh

>> No.8978010

I always hear about these ultra liberal professors that push their ideology on the students, but I've never encountered it in all of my high school years and 5 years of college. Closest ever was a bio professor that jokingly said that there are no "alternative facts" in her class.

>> No.8978015
File: 130 KB, 468x474, Kowi_a83685_6301203.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8977996
>>8978002
I'd take that class desu, sounds fun
I love to be broadly and liberally educated

>> No.8978016

>>8978010
At least she isn't a law professor saying that.

>> No.8978020

>>8978002
One day your life will depend on the rock counting skills you learned in this class. You fucking watch.

>> No.8978029

>>8977770
Applied math professors are the worst.

We had a Polish guy like that in our department. Really tough exams and homework with completely unrealistic expectations (like expecting you to know the distance between major cities off the top of your head). He had really bad anger issues too, and would yell at the whole class and make them redo homework assignments. Almost everyone failed his classes, and he made it virtually impossible to get anything better than a C. The man was GPA poison. The department was at least smart enough to quarantine him from the calc and ordinary DEs classes.

>> No.8978031

>>8978010
Hmm here's some examples I've had of that:
I was a senior in college during the Trump election and took an intro psychology class with a bunch of freshman to fulfill some graduation requirement.

The psychology teacher fucking cried in front of us, saying things aren't fair, moved the midterms, and spent almost 2 whole lectures criticizing Trump supporters and degrading them as manic or something. I just left, sick of hearing his bullshit.

Science professors also canceled tests.

Bio professor in high school outright hated Republicans and was very vocal about it, saying things like "these are single celled bacteria...kind of like the Republicans" but almost every day.

And a government teacher in high school who was so conservative he told us to refer to taxes as "legalized theft" and had us watch movies about the "war on Christmas" and stuff like that.

>>8978020
I was a math major lol if there's one thing I could do, it was count.

>> No.8978033

>>8978010
I had a marxist philosophy 101 professor

>> No.8978034

>>8976427
>>had a Korean TA who laughed at students when they had questions
Lost.

>> No.8978050

My lab partner in botany freshman year was a huge Chad fratbro who grew weed. He was nearly retarded, and told me the only reason he sat near me was to cheat because I looked smart.

The female TA for that class had a huge womanboner for him, and it was completely obvious. I remember the final project, I slacked quite a bit, but he did even less work than me. I got a 90, he got a 100.

Not the worst story ever, but it caused me to see professors and TAs as being just as flawed as regular people. On the bright side, I made friends with this cool TA in my organic chem lab. You're awesome, Jordan.

>> No.8978051

"Logic and Critical Thinking" class as elective in college. Professor was a canadian liberal feminist who graded people by how much she agreed with their viewpoint, not how well formed their argument was. I wrote a paper supporting the death penalty; even though I made sure to cite sources and use reputable sources, she took points off based on her belief that statistics lie.

>> No.8978057

>>8977891
no he means like after 15 minutes the lecture would be forfeit so the prof would show up 1 min before

>> No.8978062

My high school history teacher was an ardent Communist. Her teaching was awfully biased and she flunked a Libertarian student after he had the temerity to oppose her on the subject of East Germany. Her having Karl Marx has her profile picture on Facebook ought've been a dead give away from the start.

>> No.8978080

>>8978002
He was studying you.

>> No.8978187

>>8976050
it's not the first I heard Chem teachers marking high. maybe you all have imposter syndrome

>> No.8978223

>>8976955
that's kinda sad i feel sorry for her

>> No.8978243

>>8978080
That makes a lot of sense.

>> No.8978280

>>8977713
right? what an ibiot

>> No.8978298

>>8978010

Same except one teacher in high school. But I'm sure it's less common in math or physics. I don't think these super ultra libs are likely to teach those subjects, they probably teach sociology or english.

>> No.8978338

>>8977031
Start with the Greeks

>> No.8978359

>>8977996
kek can't believe this is true

>> No.8978517

>>8977925
>letting one person influence you that much
He's right to say you're weak.

>> No.8978532

>>8978187
I swear I suck at chemistry, yet I have received As in all my chem classes thus far. I'm thinking it has to be professor bias. For example, way back when we were doing double displacement reactions I'd sing Running Up That Hill by Kate Bush, you know, have fun with the material. Also going to office hours. Professors love that. Makes you stick out I guess. Hell, I was accepted into my program despite having too low of a GPA when transferring in. It's a good university, so I'm thinking they were desperate for female 24 year olds in their geology program.

I'm thinking there has to be some supreme bias going on. If not, then at least a fuck load of luck.

>> No.8978533
File: 4 KB, 224x225, hmmmmmm.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8977891
really makes u think huh

>> No.8978537

>>8978298
I had a staunch republican math teacher in high school. She was a military wife, and made sure you knew it. Horrible, horrible math teacher. A math professor, after finding out I was a geology major, started going into how geologists were wrong about the age of the earth. I'm talking a 20 minute rant on how geologic processes could not possibly take as long of a time as we think, and that there's no real proof for continental drift. I didn't want to lose favor with him, so I just nodded along.

There are dumb fucks out there. Their political alignment is second seat to their bullshit.

>> No.8978629

>>8975939
Freshman Year Proofs
I would hand in an assignment, trying to be neat as possible, since I have bad handwriting. He told me the next week, infront of the class, that my handwriting is so bad it is apparent that I do not care about whoever is reading it. He would also take marks off for not underlining "claim:" and "proof:" and would take points off for not adding a space in between questions

>> No.8978635

>>8978517

And what would be a character of strentgh in this context? I i voted for Trump out if weakness, does that mean If I voted for Hillary would I be strong? Is that what you are suggesting? If I would of let a bunch of shrill, hair-dyed college idiots convince me to vote for her because if i didn't I would be a mysogonistic, uneducated pig?

We lead up to election night with the agreed mentality that our vote counts. Our vote matters only to realize after the fact that it doesn't. I voted for Trump in a blue state. And I know there was a lot of surprises with at which states turned red that were expected to be blue, but mine wasn't even in the question before and after it was all said and done. By me voting for Trump I threw my vote away the same way if I would of voted for Vermin Supreme. I voted Trump because I could. Nobody to stop my in that election booth, Nobody to shame me, nobody to call me retarded or weak. Just me and my biases and I let them take control for no other reason than the satisfaction of knowing they didn't get to me. They didn't win over me.

>> No.8978647

>>8975939
CROSS POSTING

>>>/bant/1057225

GET IN HERE FOR FUN DISCUSSION ABOUT EXAM CHEATERS

-Watching Cheaters Get Caught
-Getting mad that they didn't get caught - REEE-
-Other shenanigans

>> No.8978652

>>8977895
so what? maybe i don't need a dollar. maybe i only need 50 cents

>> No.8978653

>>8978029
>Almost everyone failed his classes, and he made it virtually impossible to get anything better than a C.

that's because most people are average. you have to work really hard to stand out. in france you can't even get a perfect mark, because perfection doesn't exist.

get over yourself, commie.

>> No.8978672

highschool was the worst for me, since I went to an international private school in Japan
Japanese teacher
>had to debate about collective self-defense (attacking a country your ally is attacking)
>used Vietnam as an example of it going wrong
>said French started the war, then US joined
>French pulled out, becoming a US war with no point
>teacher gave me an F, saying Russia invaded Vietnam, and America didn't like it
>gave her my sources and still grade did not change
AP English Language
>fat black woman, not really loud but plain stupid
>said George Orwell was a racist
>made us argue about transgenderism the day before the exam
>made us write an essay comparing Trump to Hitler

>> No.8978730

>>8978532
>It's a good university, so I'm thinking they were desperate for female 24 year olds in their geology program.
>female

I am sure your sex has nothing to do with you receiving undeserved marks in a male-dominated field :) Stay proud hon, it's not what you learn in uni that really matters anyway, it's how you feel about the general idea of what you could have learnt

>> No.8978734

I had the same prof for
>1st bachelor semester EE
>2nd bachelor semester EE
>2nd masters semester embedded systems
>3rd masters semester embedded systems
He should have been a hypnotist instead of a professor. I was interested in the subjects, I was wide awake when the lecture started, but I always ended up dozing off or starting to program because he was so slow. When I snapped out of it, he was suddenly miles ahead. When asked specific questions he would literally ramble for 30 minutes about unrelated stuff. He was impossible to interrupt during these ramblings. When we went to the lab and had to do FPGA programming his notes were absolutely useless; if you followed them to the letter your shit simply did not work. Then he would try it himself, it wouldn't work, he'd spend 3 hours trying to figure out in what way he had diverted from his own notes to get shit to work, and then shit STILL wouldn't work because he forgot to install device drivers on the uni computers.
I wasn't the only one with those issues; literally every single student had these problems. I was one of the 5% that graduated within the standard period of study as well, and with good grades, so it's not like I'm one of those slackers that blame the profs for their own inability.
Also, he still goes on and on and on about that one time he broke his hand when he fell of his bicycle 5 years ago.

>> No.8978772

>>8977893
>Like sweden? Go ahead and stay there, just because you worship suffering doesn't mean we all do.
sweden has one of highest self reported happiness lol but nice try

>> No.8978792

All of my professors are Christcucks so there's that. They always push their shit religion down our throats, some do it more subtly while others are completely open about it.
Saddest thing is my classmates bought 100% of it.
We had a friar who was teaching religion, and he was always spouting shit like "Nazis didn't believe in God" or "Don't date atheists, it's a meaningless life".
At least I didn't had to deal with SJWs.

>> No.8978807

>>8978652
nobody in college carries quarters around

>> No.8978823

>communist history teacher
>Communist economics teacher
I got good grades in both thankfully but good god, once I tried to criticize using fiscal policy to manage an economy and the bitch failed me on that assignment, despite the economics teacher from the neighbouring school saying it was great. Also the history teacher tried to deduct markd because I mentioned that the Soviet union was communist, and he refused to accept that because it wasn't "real communism"

Aside from that I think every teacher I've ever had has been excellent

>> No.8978826

>>8978653
you're just saying nonsense, you can get a perfect grade in france
where did you get this from?

>> No.8978858

>>8977135
>changing opinions is weak-minded
top wew. Only a retarded leftist could imply such a thing

>> No.8978872

>>8978823
>Communist economics teacher
this is why you study economics on your own time. What kind of shit school did you attend?

>> No.8978878

>>8978823
>>8978872
happened to me too in highschool taking AP Macroeconomics and Microeconomics. I'm studying econ in college and luckily they're not as fucking retarded. My highschool econ teacher reported me for drawing the confederate flag as well. Shit teacher who majored in arts and minored in econ

>> No.8978949

>>8977117
>disses Freud
>"deduces" attachment issues and fucking oral desire from one behaviour

So which one is it?

Jesus. I'm studying psychology and this triggers me. People like that make me lose faith in humanity

>> No.8979108

>>8978010
Sometimes you're just too left-wing so you unironically eat up bullshit such as the concept of white privilege. That's something I ended up realizing when I abandoned socialism. Or maybe you're a reasonable person who had good circumstances. In that case, I'm glad for you!

>> No.8979210

>>8978826
It's possible but very rare, especially in college.
It's just that profs are reluctant to give a 20/20 because >perfection doesn't exist

>> No.8979950
File: 6 KB, 250x188, 1497640943249s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8975939
I had a 30 year old fat bitch in primary school.
>greasy black hair.
>made grunting sounds when a male student asked a question.
>borderline pedophile, used to take the girl students home to their parents.
>male students would have to wait 3 minutes in complete silence after the bell rang
One day somone got held back at the end of the day (male obvously) and he missed his bus, being primary he cried that he wouldent be able to get home and she just ignored him and kept telling him to be quiet
>I was in afterschool care at the time
>could hear her yelling at him
>went to investigate
>tfw parent had to leave buisness meeting to come pick his son up
>tfw he ain't happy
>fat bitch walks up to him and complains that 'he wasnt there to pick up his son'
>tfw she doesn't open the door to the classroom and wants "an apology do wasting her time"
>briefcase meets head
Students father pulled him out
She got fired 2 months later.

>> No.8979972

>>8975939
I had this guy my first semester in undergrad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans-Hermann_Hoppe

He sort of turned me into an ancap from age 18-20 or so

He told us a couple times that basically all other economists are wrong, and that the book was wrong.

>> No.8979986

>>8975978
>high school pottery
>pottery
nigga what kind of high school did you go to

>> No.8980274 [DELETED] 

Aside from growing up with my dad who is a now retired Professor that was nicknamed "Old Hickory" due to his Southern-flavored temperament, I'd have to say it was an Indian professor that taught a condensed May course I just took.
-He's Indian.
I actually had my hopes up because one of the reasons I took his course was after bumping into him with my gf who also happens to be from the same province in India as him.
-Course progresses, he berates the students for small mistakes in a Molecular laboratory-based course. ex. He gets angry if you ask for clarification in question form ("Shouldn't we expect a band at 6kb?") Response: DO NOT ASK, MAKE A STATEMENT!
-Despite being in the top 1-2 for every exam, he berates me far more than others to the point that when other students got together to study before an imminent test, they told me they were sorry that he was being so shitty to me.

All in all, it's fine. I'm in grad school and don't take these things to heart but my experience in that class really got me down sometimes.

>> No.8980277

Aside from growing up with my dad who is a now retired Professor that was nicknamed "Old Hickory" due to his Southern-flavored temperament, I'd have to say it was an Indian professor that taught a condensed May course I just took.
>He's Indian.
I actually had my hopes up because one of the reasons I took his course was after bumping into him with my gf who also happens to be from the same province in India as him.

>Course progresses, he berates the students for small mistakes in a Molecular laboratory-based course. ex. He gets angry if you ask for clarification in question form ("Shouldn't we expect a band at 6kb?") Response: DO NOT ASK, MAKE A STATEMENT!

>Despite being in the top 1-2 for every exam, he berates me far more than others to the point that when other students got together to study before an imminent test, they told me they were sorry that he was being so shitty to me.

All in all, it's fine. I'm in grad school and don't take these things to heart but my experience in that class really got me down sometimes.

>> No.8980768

>>8979972
For what reason did he write a Wikipedia page about himself, and how did Wikipedia mods pass this?

>> No.8980798

>>8978772
Bait

>> No.8980860

High school mathematics teacher who attacked a girl in my class with a knife.

>> No.8980909

>>8980860
wew lad
gonna need a few more deets than that

>> No.8980996

>>8980798
sweden is the 2nd happiest country on the planet you're just jealous stormfag

>> No.8981365

Romanian guy from the mathematics department, teaching Calc 1. Would ask you to seek counsil from 7th graders for a minor algebra accident and even told a girl to review her arithmetic because of a "rogue" minus sign in her exercise, which was giving her the wrong answer. Needless to say, he didn't point out the minus sign. Also really bad anger issues and enjoyed making fun of students in front of class.

>> No.8981381

>>8980996
Nice argument friendo

>> No.8981496

>>8981365
>seek counsil from 7th graders
>he didn't point out the minus sign
>making fun of students in front of class
lel

>> No.8981747

I am a grad student now and remembered from this thread about rate my professor. I searched my school and department and I am not even there, even though I taught lower level classes.

:(

>> No.8981771

Nice guy..but whispered and could barely speak english. Literally could hear about 10% of what he was saying. One of the hardest classes I've taken.

>> No.8981809

>Community College Landscape Design
In CC a year ago was still deciding between architecture route or doing finance so I decided to take a CAD class with a landscape design class to I guess get my feet wet. It was a fucking trainwreck it really opened my eyes to a lot of things. It was good experience with drafting to an extent and working for clients but holy shit she had a certain way she wanted designs and always imposed her way on things, all her design advice was pure opinions and never any logic behind it. At one point she told us to "make a pininterest to look at inspiration designs." We had to go and triangulate roof angles and planters and 2 class periods were spent trying to fix the drafting and math mistakes she made, it felt really irresponsible especially in a design class. Channeled all my rage into grinding and am now a finance major at Uni

>> No.8981836

>>8978532
Chemistry grades are curved at most Universities. I got an 80 in both my general chemistry classes and got an A- as my final grades

>> No.8981853

>>8975939
>middle school social studies teacher
>black
>male
>left wing August
In the middle of class while discussing economtcs he would talk about hoe the Egyptian were actually of black heritage
He would then imply that the people of the "north" Europe traveled to Africa and took the "fertile" land of Africa because Europe was of terrible soil to farm.
He then says how if Europe didn't superior technology blacks would have won and would have fought back. He then goes on to observe the class of partially black and white students to say "Look in this class, who do you think would win in a fight." Implyiog that black people are stronger then white people. He is also a vegetarian. So much rage I had for this teacher. Goes on to say how the top 1 percent rules the government and America. I AM NOT LYING, THIS IS FUCKING TRUE, this faggot is probably still teaching there today!

>> No.8981854

>>8981853
*autist
Autocorrect

>> No.8981855

>>8980996
>highest suicide rate in the world
>happiest

maybe if sad people stopped suiciding my friend

>> No.8981859

>>8981853
Sorry about the copious amount of spelling errors, on a shitty tablet.

>> No.8981866

Fat ugly communist. Some mandatory social sciences crap.

>> No.8981872

In 8th grade I had this black social studies teacher who made the class reenact a slave auction. Each student was handed a random card that assigned them to be a slave owner, slave, or abolitionist, with the abolitionists and slave owners given money to bid on slaves. The slaves were auctioned off in front of the class. My card said slave owner, the whole experience was uncomfortable.

Another class he did a reenactment of an English King's court, him being the king. At the beginning of class, he told us we all have to bow to him before speaking and I said "I bow to no man". He kicked me out to the hallway for like 20 mins, then came out and told me I could take it seriously or be kicked out of class. I had the highest grade in class so told him I'd go along. He let me back in and sent me to jail where I had to copy this long ass paper as punishment until another kid bailed me out.

On another note, I finished this classroom assignment in 10 mins, got bored and asked if I could help him correct the civil war tests he was working on. He actually let me help him. I remember one question asked what was one of the nicknames of the confederate soldiers, and this girl answered "Redneck". I brought the test up to him and said "I'm not sure if I should mark this wrong, you didn't go over it in class but I'm not entirely sure if this is a wrong answer"

>> No.8981899

The community college teachers are whiter than university. A lot less asians and indians.

>> No.8981990
File: 94 KB, 640x1136, IMG_2634.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8975998
Fucking google playing jokes

>> No.8982040

>>8975939
> At University (TUM = technical university of munich)
> electrical engineering
> some IT-related (mandatory) course
> course takes two hours each week
> lecturer comes in
> "teaches" his stuff at insane speed
> about 90% cannot follow ANY explanation
> finishes after 1 hour (despite he has two)
> repeats each week
> I walk up to him after the lecture "sir, you have two hours, you do not have to hurry up that much. Most guys cannot follow your explanations"
> disregards my advice
> more people complain
> Final answer by him: "oh! People said the same last year, already!"
> still continues his shitty lecturing
> WTF
> Write him an (anonymous) but very friendly email, trying to give him some good advice
> he goes apeshit next week about the email
> people start complaining to professor
> blabla... he knows... but does not want to change it

Finally:
> people get wrecked in the final exam
> Even some reference-solutions in the exam are incorrect

I also do some teaching. This guy did exactly the opposite of which is recommended. Repeated nothing, was way too fast, ignored feedback, etc.
For god's sake, I had enough knowledge of the course's topics, so I did not depend on his teaching.

>> No.8982371

>>8981899
People make CC to be so bad, my CC experience was much better than my university experience due to the professors wanting to teach you and help you.

At university every TA was from mainland china, couldnt speak shit and the professors were all to busy working on research to give 2 fucks about me.

Thank god they overprepared me mathematically at CC

>> No.8982446

>software eng lecturer
>I know that's not how it actually works, that's just how it will work in this course

frustrating unit for anyone who'd ever worked as a dev.

>> No.8982462

>>8978635
>being so pathetic and full of fear that your only form of self-expression is a vote that doesn't matter

lmafo

>> No.8982465

>>8978823
the soviet union wasn't communist though. they had communism as an end goal, but by their own admission were not communist. it's even in the name, lmfao, union of soviet socialist republics

instead of basing your ideas about communism on the decades of capitalist propaganda you've been consuming (no fault of your own here), you should take even a cursory glance at some com or soc literature, even the wiki pages if you won't read anything else

>> No.8982485

speech instructor was a black dude from africa. and just to clarify he had triblal scarification on his face and wore those african gowns. community college is a joke.

>> No.8983290

>>8982465
neck yourself. Nothing of value will be lost.
I love how almost every communist shoves communist literature/articles/wikis down the throats of people they argue with, forcing people to read through them and then they complain about capitalist propaganda.
All of leddit is left-wing with significant communist minorities. Communists post communist memes everywhere.
The SJW movements have been taken over by (equally cancerous) AnComs and AntiFa.
Even /pol/ has Communist posters and Communism generals.
If you want to be communist, go right ahead, but don't try and claim that your ideology is being suppressed. Your ideology is being supported and funded by the global elite who you in your naivety think you're going to bring down.
>inb4 pig triggered
>inb4 doess the littlee babby need a safe space?
>inb4 >>>/pol/
I've heard it all before faggots, come up with something original.

P.S All of the commies I know irl are also coincidentally atheistic jews. Really makes you think, huh?

>> No.8983316

>>8982462
When did I say or even imply that my vote was my ONLY form of self expression?

>> No.8983327

my first calculus professor was an old woman that grew up to be a mathematician in the soviet union.

I couldn't understand a thing she said through her accent. I got a D that semester, retook the class next semester with someone that was a native american english speaker, and got a A-

>> No.8983357

>>8979108

How is white privilege bullshit? To what do you attribute the difference in employee response rates to identical resumes with black vs white names?

http://www.nber.org/digest/sep03/w9873.html

>> No.8983368

MATLAB class. Instructor always unprepared and apparently ad-libbing during lecture. So he'd constantly second guess himself. Would make a statement, pause and say "actually I'm not sure that's true. Hang on", then go over to his computer and fire up MATLAB and type in complete silence for a solid 2-3 minutes, then come back and resume lecturing. He'd do this 2-3 times every single lecture, and half the time it was to check some minor syntax detail that we could easily figure out in our own.

I always called him "Dead Air". He was a monotone speaker too, which made it so much worse.

>> No.8983376

>>8983357
>reddit spacing

>> No.8983383

>>8983376

What's your thought process right now? You see evidence that goes against your beliefs and you slip into the cognitive dissonance? Or what?

>> No.8983391

Absolute worst teacher I have had was my 1st grader teacher.

>be one of the top three students in the class
>full marks every time and hw always completed
>teacher is really great and always friendly with me giving me books to read and treats now and then
>one day I finished my hw and gave it to my mom to check as always
>mom would check hw and put it in my bag
>mom was on phone and so I just gave her the book and I went to go play
>the next day in school opened my bag
>no book
>mom forgot to put it in my bag
>told the teacher, thinking she would understand
>she said "Do you expect me to believe you?"
>"OF COURSE YOU SHOULD BELIEVE ME I'VE LITERALLY NEVER MISSED HOMEWORK"
>I thought to myself, furiously
>stared at her for awhile trying to make the words come out
>eventually said "no"
>went back to desk

This fucked me up for the rest of my life, honestly. That's the only reason I still remember it. I still have trouble talking to authority figures now, and get really anxious if I don't complete assignments on time.

>> No.8983396

>>8983383
>reddit spacing in response to criticism about your reddit spacing

>> No.8983399

>>8983396

>if
>white privilege
>is b
>ullshit

>then
>what are your thoughts on

article

>this

>http://www.nber.org/digest/sep03/w9873.html

>> No.8983403

>>8983399
they're justified in not selecting candidates with dumb names because their parents were dumb enough to name them dumb names and the son/daughter is probably equally dumb

>> No.8983411

>>8983403

So the names are dumb because they're black? But white names aren't dumb sounding? Isn't that white privilege?

>> No.8983415

>>8983411
It's a coincidence

>> No.8983418

ITT: trolls fuck up everyone's (you) action.

>> No.8983424

>>8983415

Hmm, how interesting that, by pure coincidence, everyone except whites have a worse chance at getting a job with the same exact resumes. Pure coincidence. No statistically significant correlations here :^)

http://www.hireimmigrants.ca/wp-content/uploads/Final-Report-Which-employers-discriminate-Banerjee-Reitz-Oreopoulos-January-25-2017.pdf

>> No.8983427

>>8983411
>white names
Good Christian names aren't "white names".

>> No.8983431

>>8983391
wow over that? you're a pussy. imagine how many bullshit excuses she probably gets daily

my worst teacher was in 7th grade english
>she would lose student's essays and homework very often
>sometimes the whole stack for a class
>when we would get mad at her she would get snippy and tell us that she will give us an F on it if we keep pressing
>had huge skintags hanging off her neck
>obese
>generally a bitch
>insisted on being called "Dr" for her phd even though she taught (poorly) middleschoolers
>would freak out on any kid that called her otherwise
>convinced me English is a bullshit degree to have

>> No.8983434

>>8983431

yeah, i'm a pussy. wish I wasn't. Wish it didn't affect me and I could brush it off. But I can't. dunno why.

>> No.8983437

>>8983424
You're looking for certain answers before taking any data

>> No.8983438

>>8983434
probably because you're looking at it still through the perspective of your 1st grade self. try to see it as a general situation between a kid and teacher and realize its not THAT big of a deal so you can move on

>> No.8983445

>>8983411
No that's common sense. Assimilate to the culture. Don't fabricate nonsensical names like Orangello or Mic'Ade and maybe you'll garner the respect of your fellow Anglo-American Homo sapiens.

>b-but what about Zhang and Pedro those are real names
Yeah, those belong to real cultures though. I had a black woman as a student whose name contained the word 'Latrine' in it. There is unfortunately no amount of hand waving and diversity training that will make that sensible.

I'd love to hear the solution to 'privilege'. Your solution by the way.

Rant incoming...
One of my Bachelors is in English. I got an A in the much derided Critical Theory and departmental honors and awards. I majored in it for pleasure but even then it was awful in the early 2000s. Now it must be unbearable. Anyway, not the fellow in your reply chain, but the humanities and the liberal arts are basically horse shit and it's not because I don't understand the arguments and provisions made by them...it's that the proposed solutions ultimately and unjustly disadvantage someone else. There's nothing just about that. I don't think anyone will disagree with me, especially here. Furthermore, the Frankfurt School and all the other shit that came out of Germany and France and elsewhere in Europe caused the liberal arts and humanities in particular, and to a lesser extent the social/behavioral sciences, organizational suicide in those disciplines in the American university system.

If anyone should read my post, if you have a Y-Chromosome, don't major in humanities or social sciences. Classics, history, comparative literature, religious studies, English, foreign language studies, etc. are all populated by people who will hate you for your existence. They really believe your existence is an intrinsic evil. You'll be viewed as some kind of tool or vector for whatever their kooky objective is. Green text to follow that will in part illustrate my point.

>> No.8983446

>>8983437

You're dismissing possibilities before reading any data

>> No.8983447

>>8983446
White privilege isn't what those who argue for it think it is

>> No.8983449

>>8983445
>>b-but what about Zhang and Pedro those are real names
>Yeah, those belong to real cultures though.

See >>8983424

Asians suffer the same problem

>I'd love to hear the solution to 'privilege'.

Affirmative Action is fucking retarded. A good starting point to solving problems is to have everyone actually be able to acknowlegde those problems.

>>8983447

Then what is it?

>> No.8983450

>>8983449
Individuals, not some system. There is no solution to be offered

>> No.8983451

>>8983449
Hell, Clinton tried to solve that problem with bank loans and caused the housing crisis

>> No.8983455

>>8983450

I can definitely agree that poor whites get lumped into with middle class and rich whites which shits on the poor whites undeservedly. But I still think that middle class whites have more opportunities than middle class minorities due to the data I have provided. Not just individually, but in a statistically significant manner.

>> No.8983474

>>8983445
>be in non-descript city in TX as to conceal my identity
>At lunch with aged History professor with whom I share an office and that I have befriended
>Starts talking about his department's steering committee and curriculum planning
>He's been on it for approx. 30+ years
>He also heads the disabilities services office
>"we've had to dumb down the curriculum every year"
>'that's unfortunate' in between martini sips...the semester is over we're both happy
>"it wasn't always like this...but the schools have been dumbed down significantly because of educational testing"
>'yeah it's ruinous'
>"also because we've deliberately displaced men from the department and have tried to steer more women into the university in general
>this takes me by surprise and make no acknowledgement though
>he makes general lamentations about not being able to displace men from STEM disciplines and the lack of diversity there
>'we have strong Asian, Latino representation in my department'
>"not enough black faces, women, LGBTQ folks"
>well...you heard it here first folks if you're any flavor of Caucasian, Asian, and/or Latino you're not a member of diversity
>goes on about how Generation Y will be central to completing the project and other vagaries about forced medication in children and adolescents, the destruction of the nuclear family, and other wacky shit that would really seem home on /pol/
>conclude that he is in fact a spooky old Marxist
He said a ton of crazy shit that just made me sick if any of it were even remotely true. There's more but the moral of the story is that if I were any of the following--conservative or even just 'not-liberal', white, male, religious (any religion of any stripe), straight, CIS, privileges in any way--I would stay the fuck out of any non-STEM classes unless I went to a military school, a seminary, a religious institution, or conservative university. You don't have to believe me but if you reject my claims then you do so at your own peril.

>> No.8983500

>>8983445
Some black names are cool, like Tyrone and Tyree

>> No.8983754

>>8977770
Report him to the FBI and watch him get arrested, then deported

>> No.8983771

>>8983500
Tyrone isn't a black name, it's an Irish name.

>> No.8983772

Don't knock a man for his Crohn's disease.

>> No.8983777

>>8976927
(You): anti intellectual teachers who belong at Walmart.
You don't get smarter with age, you just become a bigger douchebag.

>> No.8983797

>>8975939
Wrote his own book. taught from it exclusively.

>> No.8983863

>>8983797
I had this too.
But on top of that he had some bizarre methodology he expected us to follow by the letter for the final exam.
Literally did a 2h lecture on how he would like our essays to be presented and people would work as much on the content as on the presentation.
It was not only things like "do I make an apparent plan", but also shit like "how much space do I leave every line before starting to write the core of the essay so it doesn't pass as a title".
He would fail people that made too many mistakes on the presentation, totally ludicrous.

>> No.8983988

Asshole professor that taught Mechatronics to Mech undergrads. He wasted around half of every lecture on telling jokes and irrelevant stories, used an awful reference with basically no end of chapter problems, didn't give out homework and didn't explain/know the electronics part of mechatronics. Worst class I ever took.

>> No.8984165

>>8976550

Is prof Merkel now running a country that is flooded with refugees?

>> No.8984180

>>8984165
merkel even has a phd in physics

>> No.8984196
File: 123 KB, 785x757, 1474259407240.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8982465
>it wasn't real communism
Give up on your retarded ideology. It's been debunked several times, and every execution of it has led to totalitarianism. Even if a society were not initially communist, executing the teachings of Marx would lead to totalitarianism, which has been demonstrated several times in history.
>inb4 "muh imperialist and capitalist propaganda"
You retards have your heads too far up your asses to take it upon yourself to understand that any execution of your ideology will result in total failure.

>> No.8985921
File: 95 KB, 1189x960, C9PWNhkVoAAOtrR.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

8th grade english teacher
>300+ pound jewish millenial
>talked about reddit vs 4chan
>"what time does the narwhal bacon?"
>got permission from principal to swear, would yell "fucking bitch" when describing how men treat women when women reject them
>complained that she couldnt lose weight because "you gain all the weight plus 25% more back"
>made trigger warnings before talking about literally anything
>spent an entire semester talking about holocaust
>tried to make everyone in the class apologize for being white
>married to a weak beta male she met on world of warcraft
>talked about having "naked time" with her family including her son
i dont have any pictures of her but this is literally what she looked like

>> No.8985924

>>8985921
this thread really needed another made-up /pol/tard story
thanks anon

>> No.8985926

>>8975939
>be me
>Have Craig Wright as a professor
http://www.economist.com/news/briefings/21698066-onus-on-craig-wright-provide-better-evidence-satoshi-nakamoto
>All his credentials were false

>> No.8985927

>>8985924
this was an actual teacher i had dipshit.
nobody believes me when i talk about her, only the other people that were in that class. she got fired a year later because the school board finally caught on that she was trying to indoctrinate the students.

>> No.8985930

>>8985924
>>8985927
kek now that im reading it back it does sound like i made it up, but i swear on my life all of that is true

>> No.8986376
File: 817 KB, 1440x1777, SmartSelectImage_2017-06-20-13-43-40.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8979972
kek

>> No.8986687

>>8985930
>An 8th grade teacher talking about reddit and 4chan with a tumblr attitude
I could believe this MAYBE if it was in the past 3 years. How old are you? Are you in highschool still?

>> No.8986823

>>8975939

>enter a small office we like to call "the coffin" because it's incredibly small
>oral examination
>prof. comes up a bit pissy
>meh she prob wants to maintain the authority and professional relations
>it's my first time meeting her because she passed all the actual teaching to an assistant
>a friend is first in line, only the two of us
>spidersense_tingling_in_my_ballsack.jpg
>just after formal meet and greet incomes the avalanche of hysteria
>apparently her daughter failed an exam
>friend sympathetically listens and leans in, almost fell inside her asscrack
>im confused why is she sharing this information with me? is this some chemistry lesson? a moral lesson? a plot twist? a joke?
>this was a full blown rant
>the bastard friend dug our graves by feeding her attention
>when a grenade explodes, it bursts equally across the uniform surface and we were standing in the trajectory of the shrapnel with that assfuck pulling the pin hoping to pass by snuggling with her asscheeks
>"my daughter failed, why does nobody study anymore? you're all lazy, only excuses, what is the matter, what is wrong with you, how can you be like this, don't you ever think what will become of you, remember your poor parents"
>she basically said the same thing with different words while I was confused on what I should be feeling, angry or scared
>after she settled down and moved on to the actualization of our sealed fate
>friend starts
>gets stuck
>"do you know, anon?"
>11.23 seconds later "nope"
>"see you next time you can apply for the exam"
>leave the office
>"do you think I broke some kind of a time-based exam failing record?"
>friend laughs
>she heard
>go home
>hug mom

This was college level, head-of-the-departement emotional stability.

I failed an exam, but gained self-awareness and vowed never to make my problem everyone else's around me.

>> No.8986838

Your guys' life sucks.
All throughout high school my teachers were great. On topic. The only class that was political was my AP US Government and Economics class, for obvious reasons. Guy was hardcore conservative. Lecture material was all separation of powers, court cases and constitution, literally can't get any more bipartisan than that. Basically perfect.

Uni was much the same, though I took a few classes I regret
>Sex Ed for a G.E.
I made sure from the moment I entered the class that the professor knew I was a shitposter and did not enjoy being there. Introduction was "I sexually identify as an Airborne Early Warning and Control System [...]"
Grading was sub-fair but whatever. That was an awful experience.

>Compiler Construction
Professor was completely incompetent. Spent upwards of 3-4 weeks having us simplify summations. I dropped the class, suspecting that people only signed up for his class because they knew the kind of teacher he was. I wanted to learn Compiler Construction--everyone else including the professor seemed to just want to give and get passing grades. That was an utterly pathetic and depressing experience that I won't be repeating now that I've graduated.

>> No.8987005

>>8975993
You sound like a degenerate pot head

>> No.8987018

>>8980277
>actually had my hopes up because one of the reasons I took his course was after bumping into him with my gf who also happens to be from the same province in India as him.

He was made you were cucking him with your little pooette

>> No.8987207

>>8986376
I wish there was more free speech like this at college

>> No.8987282
File: 21 KB, 540x417, 1497730626765.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Bitch made Rosie o Donnell seem cuddly. Directly attempted to antagonize, bully, and start arguments with kids, was in total charge of senior activities, super conservative, wouldn't let me switch to first period unless I agreed to recite the pledge, gave me an F in government even though I turned in all my work and should've had a C. Passing was required to graduate but somehow still got my diploma. Didn't matter at the time as I already had my full ride but got fucked when I changed my mind and wanted to go to a different school

>mfw she got arrested at bdubs a couple years ago for trying to have lesbian sex with students

>> No.8987840

>>8975939
Sounds like a friend of Zizek.

>> No.8987842

>>8975998
>Cali
that explains the bio teacher

>> No.8987843

>>8975939
This dude
>teaches ring theory
>talks realy realy fast
>is sloppy with notation
>literally said: I will just quickly go through everything because im lazy
>state theorem A. give a proof for theorem B but claim it is for A.
>State theorem; I dont need to prove this because part of it I have proven this in a different class that i also happen to teach and the other part i leave as exercise because im lazy.

>> No.8987846

if we're talking about high school teachers, I had a kinesiology teacher that was actually the coolest fucker ever and a really good teacher but sometimes he did weird shit
once we watched a pseudoscience documentary on the existence of mermaids for like no reason and once he just showed us pics of a dead dude (on the projector) who got mauled by a Kodiak bear (straight up gore)

>> No.8987848

>>8986687
Anon it's obviously happened yesterday

>> No.8987866

I went through uni alright, the worst lecturer had us buy a book but then never ended up using it at all. So not too bad.

Fucking primary school though, that was another matter. I had a teacher who for some reason just decided that she didn't like me at all. I'm still not entirely sure why, but I think it was because the school was pretty Christian, but my parents weren't very religious at all. Small town, so it was the only school available.

Anyway, she would constantly belittle me in front of class for the smallest of things, like not having both feet perfectly flat on the ground while sitting down (seriously). She would mark me down on tests for reading too far ahead in the text book. She literally held me back a grade for not doing too good of a job in arts and crafts (she didn't like that I used the color black in finger painting, I shit you not). When the time came to go to secondary school, she wanted me to not even try "preuniversity secondary education" (don't know how else to translate that in English), but instead go to the type of secondary education where your only job options are things like collecting garbage. Thankfully my parents kinda figured out she's a nut job and ignored her advice anyway.

Last week I sent her a copy of my PhD thesis.

>> No.8987867

>>8976986
Kek. Makes perfect sense. You must be a psychologist.

>> No.8987873

Had a high school math teacher who was this short and pretty fat insecure little lady. She was super nice and actually was able to explain things really well, but she just had no authority over class whatsoever. It got so bad that kids climbed out of the window in front of her and she didn't do anything about it. People walking across desks in class, shouting, interrupting her constantly to the point where she just stopped going through material and sat hopelessly at her desk.

>> No.8987976

>freshman psychology course
>Sanity over the Ages. Sounded cool.
>never had taken a psychology course, so honestly had no idea what to expect
>in comes Dr G
>300+lbs guy who shaved most of his head to hide his receding hairline
>oversized grey shirt and sweatpants every day
>literally every day. No variation. It's like something out of a cartoon.
>there's really nothing to do with sanity and "ages" refers basically from Victorian era to now
I hope this gives you an idea of what he was like
>fastforward to final project
>"I've been doing this project for 5 years. The head of the Department really loves it, here's what you'll do: go to an antique store, find an item, and tell me all about that person's personality and life choices"
I wish I was joking, those were his instructions verbatim. I got an A in the class, but I felt like I had wasted my money and learned nothing.

>> No.8987979

>>8987976
I apologize, when it was warm, he'd wear cargo shorts.

>> No.8988126

> International Marketing Teacher

Overly obssessed with her subject, she said many times that, according to her, the only way to be sure to get a stable and wealthy job in the marketing sector was to do International Marketing. Her lessons weren't even good either, powerpoints stolen from the internet with sometimes watermarks removed so she can pretend she made them. Plus those powerpoints contained outdated datas, she didn't even bothered checking the facts. She also skipped crucial parts of the programm, she haven't even told us some points...

> Quantitative Management Techniques

This teacher were extremly rude with students : once, one of my classmates had trouble with an exercice, she comes up to him, and after trying to explain without paying attention if he were understanding. After that explaination, classmate were looking at her with a blank stare like "I didn't even understand what you said", she said "what studies have you made before?" (stupid question that came from nowhere). He tells "Oh, I have done litterature studies, I haven't done much math" (He made a Baccalaureat L to be precise) and then the teacher said "Oh, if you studided litterature it's not worth explaining, you won't get it anyway"...
He finally got explainations from an other classmates

>> No.8988159

>>8976047
>russian in the math department
Be prepared to each yourself.

>> No.8988162

>>8975939
>taught a 2 unit intro to engineering course (drawing conventions, etc.)
>Gave us 10 hours/week of work
>Super open-ended final project, but when it came time to present, she seemed to have an incredibly specific set of criteria she judged on and was incredibly harsh on any projects which she didn't feel exactly fit those
>Literally talked shit about welds she saw as sub par for students who had probably never held a torch before (welding was not required for the project)
>Assigned a final exam that no one finished, myself included
>Got an A+ in the course because I worked my ass off
fast forward 2 semesters
>3rd course in the Engineering series
>Professor was not listed on enrollment site, we had no idea who it would be
>8 AM, first day of the semester
>She walks in
>Audible groan through the auditorium
Not to mention that lectures were worthless; she spent 20 minutes on 2 slides when the only difference was a rotation of an image by 90 degrees

>> No.8988198

>>8977904
I literally don't understand how you people get these professors.

>> No.8988316

Don't know whether to say it was my best or worst teacher.
>English 102 professor
>total cuck
>would cancel class often because he was sick
>would bring his ex wife's son to class no joke
>never taught much other than do benign writing assignments
>would push back assignment dates and canceled the midterm because he would not show up to class so often to teach the material required
>would warn students about sensitive material and how there were off topic subjects we couldn't write about
Other than being a giant cuck he was the nicest guy ever

>> No.8988319

>>8979972
I'm calling bullshit. No way you had based Hoppe as a lecturer.

>> No.8988391

>>8983474
Your conclusion seems like a gross exaggeration. Not to say that your colleague didn't say what you reported in your post. It seems to me that any erosion of a groups "privileges" (whatever those may be) results in some individuals belonging to that group feeling like they've been discriminated against. These individuals ignore all the benefits they enjoy from belonging to their demographic and only focus on the perceived loss of benefits.

>> No.8988402

>>8975939
>Ctrl+F "she"
>118 matches
wow

>> No.8988554

School is something like college but for Europeans. The first two months of the year we had this teacher in Technology class(mixture of information technology and physics). The first two months of the year or so he couldn't talk for some bullshit reason. At the beginning of each lesson he would give everyone a bunch of papers with texts and gaps to fill in, while he was giving us instructions via the fucking windows editor. After that his lessons basically didn't change, didn't explain shit and sat in his chair until the lesson was over. His tests literally had tasks with missing information, or they made no sense in the first place. When he returned the exams, he literally planned in two lessons just for us to find mistakes he made during correction. The guy had no self confidence, couldn't talk in front of the class and wasn't even remotely capable getting any respect. This fucker is helping correct my final exams right now, he better not fuck this up as well.

>> No.8988624

>>8981809
What's grinding?

>> No.8988727

my transmission lines professor was the worst professor ive had in EE so far. On the first day of class he brought in a massive binder full of notes and said that that was what was expected to cover in the quarter. Next day of class he doesn't bring his notes and started lecturing off his head. two weeks into the course and halfways through lecture he stops and tells the class he forgot what was needed to be lectured next so he dismissed the class. i stopped attending the lectures after that. his exams were literally multiple choice questions on a scantron. he would give like 40 problems to be solved in an hour but even if you studied and were on top of your game, the most you could complete was maybe 12 problems, and you had to guess on the rest of the questions. There was hw worth 10% of your final grade, the hws were never graded and i even knew some people who submitted blank pdfs and still got credit for that assignment. There were two midterms and a final each worth 45% of your grade (he dropped the lowest one...). He was also notorios for not curving so your grade in the class literally depended on how lucky you were in your guesses.

>> No.8988753

>>8977234
>conservative=1488

>> No.8988763

>>8975939
Look up "Howard Epstein" for University of Connecticut UCONN.

At first I thought he just expected a lot out of students, but this dude was horrendous on all accounts. Now when I meet new or incoming students and they ask me for advice involving UCONN (expecting something like "Get your food early in the morning to avoid traffic, etc:), I instead tell them "Don't ever take a class with Howard Epstein." and leave it at that.

>> No.8988789

>>8975939
>birp
>burbs
>birps

People that do this this should be fucking gassed.

>> No.8988801

>>8977135
>>8977234
I was 15 years old you autists. Your mentality is a small part of the reason I haven't changed since. It's like you guys are physically unable to understand why someone would have a different opinion than you.

>> No.8988819

>>8975939
Oh man, that's too funny

>> No.8988826

>>8988763
Have you considered that maybe you're just too incompetent to understand Howard's classes? That maybe teaching you isn't hisy only job? Adult life isn't about getting spoonfed, you literal child.

>> No.8988859

Cultural anthropology prof who made everything about himself and his experience. He cussed out students routinely if you disagreed with him. Anyway his backstory was that he was AN ACTUAL SANTERIA ORDAINED PRIEST. Cool and all but he couldn't get past the fact that we're trying to learn objectively about other cultures here, his bias was palpable in every lecture.

I dropped the class and figured I'd take it later since its required for anthropology majors (prob just gonna get into linguistics). I think many others did the same because I heard the professor was fired later.

>> No.8988919

>>8988159
I had a russian prof running our inorganic labs. He was really chill, gave 0 fucks about health and safety law. All his labs took about 6 hours, but were registered as 12. Really miss the undergrad days :'(

>> No.8989087

>>8977135
How faggoty of you to say that

>> No.8989957

>>8983357
>How is white privilege bullshit?
Because sociology is bullshit and not a real science. Any terminology or theory can be made up and backed up with meaningless data from "experiments" to push an agenda, that doesn't make it any more valid than any other theory of society. .

>To what do you attribute the difference in employee response rates to identical resumes with black vs white names?
They didn't want to take a risk on someone who had an ethnic name and possibly couldn't communicate to their satisfaction. It has nothing to do with race so much as ethnic language barriers.

>> No.8990000

Incompetent fuck. "Circuits" lecturer. No PhD, no Masters (did my BA in a low end uni in LatAm, thank fuck I was able to escape for a good PhD). First day he was trying to use Kirchoff's to solve a simple circuit, had to solve a 2x2 algebraic system and took him an hour. Years after graduation he was on local news for possession of crystal meth. Recently he was again on the local news, this time for allegedly molesting his 2 year old granddaughter. Fuck that guy

>> No.8990017

>>8990000
>BA
meant BSc

>> No.8990703

>>8975939
>Oh no, my teacher is a human and enacts his bodily freedoms in front of me. Better go cry on the internet.

Also, fuck history. I got a U in my GCSE mocks for it, but an A in the actual GCSE. It's a fucking shit subject.

>> No.8991017

>>8981854
>>8981859
Stop tabletposting

>> No.8991058

>>8975939
Made us buy/rent the $200 textbook she wrote by making some of the questions, "turn to this page and copy this obscure sentence." on open book tests.

>> No.8991084

>>8975978
>required everyone to have fake gay sex for an aids demonstration
How does that even work with the girls?

>> No.8991211

>>8988826
In a school, it's a professors prerogative to teach students. In the current GPA based school system, it is difficult to balance course rigor with grading. Some of the best professors I've had were able to break complicated material down into easily understood bits if information. They could then have difficult tests, while also passing more students. Being a teacher is a skill. Being a professor for research bucks is not the same as being a teacher.

>> No.8991215

>>8989957
Even though there is a large, we'll educated portion of society that has non-stereotypically white names, while being born citizens for at least one generation ? Let me guess, you're a white person with an average white name. So am I. It's still ridiculous to judge a potential employee based on name instead of qualifications.

>> No.8991219

>>8989957
you know it's possible to learn english

>> No.8991671

>>8979950
As someone who also had an old bitchy teacher back in elementary, this was very satisfying to read.

>> No.8991756

>>8975939
Nothing special because i dont live in a shitty country where complete idiots get to a position of professor. I guess the worst ones have been ones that obviously dont enjoy their jobs and have no enthusiasm.

>> No.8992384
File: 19 KB, 217x320, JUST.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8980277
>Molecular bio class
>Lose a few of my PCR product to evaporation since I didn't close those fucking tubes all the way
>Mfw he turns it into a running joke with the class, every time someone else loses a tube he says "I thought I told you not to let anon to secure the PCR tubes"
One of my favorite professors but that reminded me of him

>> No.8993477

>>8986687
I just graduated from highschool

>> No.8993526

My professor for this one class is a mess.
A few times he didn't show up to the lecture, without informing anybody (not even the college).
He said we have to successfully do our homework, so we are permitted to write the exam. Yet the homework is always a mess full of typos or assignments that we can't solve yet. I'll probably have to go and complain about it soon.
He also appears like he doesn't know what he's talking about a lot of times, even though the lecture material hasn't been updated in over 15 years and he does this lecture every year.
Luckily i only need this class for the credits

>> No.8993530

>>8988319
No way to prove it now, but it was a huge intro to econ class with like 200 freshmen. A lot of people had him

>> No.8993542

A biochemistry course, Metabolism & Bioenergetics, was severely impacted one term--as usual--but this time with ~300 students on the waitlist. The registrar responded by opening an emergency section, taught by a professor who had never taught the course before; he usually taught the prerequisite, Macromolecule Structure/Function, and from what I've heard he wasn't the best at teaching that class, but he wasn't horrible.

He was a knowledgeable guy, and had some pretty good research under his belt, but fuck was that course a shitshow. The lectures often strayed into rants about irrelevant topics that were either boring and inconsequential or fun facts about stuff the students necessarily already knew, touted as mind-boggling revelations. It very often felt like he was using the complexity and efficiency of various enzymes as a demonstration to sell the class intelligent design. That is not an exaggeration. Believe what you want, but when students have either paid or borrowed 100 dollars or more per lecture to hear you speak maybe it's best not to use that time to evangelize.

While teaching from the overhead projector he would very often zoom either too far in or not far enough for students to see what was going on, or his writing would periodically move outside of the frame, and he wouldn't so much as turn his head to check the overhead screen to make sure it didn't happen. It was so bad that student questions were consistently outnumbered by student requests to adjust the display. What's more, this fucker was just about deaf, so he often didn't hear the questions or requests until students actually shouted. It's normal for students in the back of auditoriums to have to speak loudly so that professors can hear, but we are talking actual yelling here, and it wasn't a very large lecture hall at all, with 240 seats compared to 519 in the largest hall on campus.

>> No.8993544

>>8993542 (cont.)
All the course materials posted online, with the exception of the course reader, were handwritten and hand-drawn scans of lecture notes and diagrams (what is this, the 80s?) and it wouldn't be so bad if he wasn't so piss poor at drawing electron-push diagrams. He was the type to write in pencil and scribble out errors instead of erasing them. Diagrams in the textbook and course reader were thus infinitely more helpful than the lecture notes. Speaking of the reader, at first he found himself in hot water after he encouraged students to purchase the course reader written by the other section's professor ("There's lots of good stuff in there, she really knows what she's talking about with this stuff!"), which resulted in a shortage of course readers for the other professor's section. To rectify this he posted his own reader online, which had his name and the current term on it, but otherwise was literally a scanned version of the other professor's course reader. Yeah, that's right, he actually pirated his own colleague's publication.

Exams were graded extremely slowly; the first midterm was returned the week of the second midterm. He allowed the use of 2 handwritten cheat sheets, front and back, for each midterm, and 5 sheets for the final. The only logical conclusion of this scenario was the one that occurred; students basically wrote and drew as small as they could, and essentially writing down every single detail from the material was fairly manageable. The exams, then, consisted of a lot of problems asking the student to basically copy down what they had written on their cheat sheet before time runs out ("Please draw this very large and tedious molecule" or "Outline all ten steps of glycolysis including enzymes names and substrate structures," etc.) There was no learning, only copying.

I learned jack shit, but I still have my cheat sheets, so there's that.

>> No.8993552

>>8993542
Gee, really fucked up on the math there. Guess that's why I'm in the biological sciences, right? It's more like 30 to 40 dollars per lecture, but the point still stands.

>> No.8994499

In highschool my English teacher sucked

>believed in complete equality
>more women's rights than English
>gave everyone bad marks
>most people didn't get more than a C

>> No.8994518

>>8980768
The page exists in 25 languages

>> No.8994537

Maxim Ivanov at McMaster University, definitely.

>> No.8994569

>>8994499
I had an English teacher who kept ranting about his personal life for 90 minutes straight, instead of teaching us anything.
There was no interaction with the class either.
How did he grade us?
Well, he basically looks at how bored/attentive students look when he's ranting. If someone looks really interested, has a pen in his hand and is writing down what he's saying, they will get an A. If someone is just sitting there staring blankly, or almost dozing off, they get a C. If someone is asleep or plays on their phone or chats with their neighbor, F

>> No.8994617
File: 100 KB, 650x650, apollo-3000-beige-concept-overhead-projector-pic1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>0 handouts
>Lecture consisted of her reading out the same transparencies she'd apparently used for the last 20 years
>Exams were open book
>Easily passable if you could write/type fast enough to copy down everything but lecture was so rushed this was basically impossible if you weren't a stenographer

On the plus side, I made a small fortune by offering to 'help' her organise her office, an afternoon of arranging books by author gave me more than enough time to run those stupid transparencies through a portable form feed document scanner. I made enough money to pay for my entire booze supply for the next two years by selling access to the scans on a lightly copy protected server (biologists are generally very poor with computers, a middling script kiddie could have ripped the pages but everyone paid up).

>> No.8994643

>>8975993
I stretch my butt everyday, does that count?

>> No.8994691

>>8977117
I wish I was there to respond with "I have oral desire from my boyfriend tho"

>> No.8994720

>>8977904
Was it Steven Seagal?

>> No.8994732

>Religious Boarding School
>4th Quarter of Senior Year
>Science Class
>Required to keep a journal on Kent Hovind's Creationism
>Do as I'm told BUT also place corrections in margins (in red) with citations
>Given an F
>Expelled less than a week later for something I didn't do (someone else got caught with porn on a burnable CD), and was told I was suicidal (I've been forced onto welfare and institutionalized several times because of lies all over my record that started with this; I'm now labeled a liability with no reasoning what so ever)

or....

>Religious Boarding School
>2nd Quarter of Senior Year
>Psychology Class
>'Teacher' (no degree in psychology) starts promoting confirmation bias, false consensus bias, argument from authority, etc... as forms of proof that pop psychology is factual (a look of disbelief falls on my face as the other students just look anxious)
>Someone stabs me with a pencil every time she looks away
>She screams at me, telling me I am intentionally trying to disturb the class, screams that I have bipolar disorder and was informed of this before she let me into the class, threatens me, and tells me to leave and never come back
>As an atheist and anti-authoritarian I was 'diagnosed' with bipolar disorder earlier for refusing to let abuse of power stand unchallenged, and people, especially "authoritarians" and sophists have used psychiatric terms as pejoratives in order to ignore my demand for evidence and reason
>See above how that all turned out for me

>inb4 "we don't believe you because you're labeled" conditional ad hominem

>> No.8994745

>>8994691
how would you saying that you want to suck your boyfriend's dick change anything

>> No.8994746

>>8978949
People who study psychology in general make me lose faith in humanity

>> No.8994782

>>8978672

What the fuck. ..

>> No.8994796

>Honors Chemistry in high school
>teacher is also a professor at a local community college
>he feels the class is beneath him
>never lectures
>just works on his laptop
>tests questions come from all over the book from day one so you have to know the entire course from the beginning to get a good grade
I thought I made a mistake, but then I found out he also teaches the regular chemistry class and they are exactly the same. Literally all my college courses were easy after that.

>> No.8994853

>>8976427
>Formal Spanish
Only foreigners speak that shit.

>> No.8994899

My intro physics 2 (waves, optics, basic e&m) professor was an accomplished researcher, but some purple aren't meant to teach lecture courses.
-spoke unintelligibly and incoherently
-constantly made mistakes with example problems, then wasted half the class finding his error without ever explaning it
-reacted angrily to students' questions
-NEVER erased the board, I mean he would just keep writing in all the little gaps, even writing on top of things previously written, until it was just a big bramble patch.

I got a B in this class due to laziness and lack of fucks, but the material was definitely easy. I've never had a bad professor in my upper level courses.

>> No.8994909

>>8976501
right, if that's how she was structuring the class then why didn't the students just get with the program? I loved whenever profs would devote substantial time to homework questions.

>> No.8994944

>>8975939
Bible as lit professor. Made us write a letter "to" Mel Gibson telling him why he got The Passion of the Christ all wrong. To be fair, he did a pretty good job explaining what the movie did get wrong. However, it's just a movie, not meant to be factual.

>> No.8994947

>>8975939
>>8975939
l....

>> No.8994954

>>8978002
>Americans gets in debt to count rocks

>> No.8995065

>Electrodynamics
Professor is a middle-age hard-core alcoholic,
brilliant when young, now totally burned out.
Mumbles to whiteboard while writing from old
notes, rarely acknowledges questions, and
when he does, he is dazed and confused.
Tenured, therefore bulletproof.

>> No.8995367

>>8978672
And the result of your essay was that they are nothing alike, right?

>> No.8995454
File: 83 KB, 1080x1080, 1492574479901.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

We had a substitute teacher for several months in a high school English class, she was disliked by almost all the students really fast and was practically bullied out by the time a new teacher came in. Think of a middle aged Tumblr user combined with a crazy cat lady
>crazy book lady, said her house was full of boxes of books, apparently reading was her life
>could not keep control of the class or be taken seriously
>she doubled down on the authority approach and assigned essays all the time
>lots of boring projector work too, with an outdated laptop
>this only made students resent her more
>was really out of touch with the class
>strongly favored females over males, if the whole class was talking during group work she'd tell males to stop talking but say nothing about the group of girls 3 feet away
>everyone begins resenting her more strongly
>people stop taking her seriously
>the class slowly descends into chaos over time
>we begin looking forward to her class so we can fuck around and have fun
>we'd use our break period to fold up paper into projectiles for rubber bands and prepare for war
>kids ignoring instruction
>people throwing shit at each other and talking to each other every time she turns around
>she'd turn back and see a bunch of shit on the floor
>several incidents of students making fun of her directly in class
>someone once put a thumb tack on her chair and she sat on it
>eventually there's a class meeting and another teacher shames us for 10 minutes over our behavior
>we get a new teacher and class grades shoot through the roof and the class mood and obedience improves significantly
Sometimes I feel bad but she really didn't belong in a classroom.

>> No.8995485

The worst teacher I ever had was a history teacher in grade 6 or 7, who openly bullied and insulted students. He had a grandson/son (not sure) who went to our school too, and was a few years older than us, and he was a total asshole. One time during break, he came up to us, literally picked my friend up and slammed him into the floor, UNPROVOKED.
Glad the asshole teacher got fired and his son/grandson expelled.

>> No.8995507

>>8977893
changing your political opinion to spite someone is pretty fucking stupid

idk about closed minded but yeah

>> No.8995636

>>8975978
My high school potter teacher was a middle aged hippie with dreads and a friendly and inspiring attitude. Had a blast during that course and wish I had access to a clay firing oven.

>> No.8995638

>>8984196
>what's a salvador allende
>what's a sample size

srs, how many times has marxism actually been tried as a national economic policy? has it ever been tried somewhere that wasn't poor as shit and prone to totalitarianism anyway as a result?

>> No.8995644

>>8986838
>sex ed story
>I was a stupid little shit in a class that was probably at least 20% participation and had the nerve to complain

>> No.8995694

>>8994853
t. south american monkey

>> No.8995877

>>8989957
>meaningless data from "experiments" to push an agenda

I mean, for one thing, I'm not sure I've ever seen an experiment in the field of sociology. But that's okay, because it's not the only way to do science; biology, astronomy, geology, etc etc often produce evidence that isn't based on experiments. Do you have any actual objections to the methodology, beyond that?

>ethnic language barriers

Totally explains why they didn't even call these people in for an interview. Regardless, I've never had what could be described as a language barrier between me and someone with a black name.

>> No.8995903

>>8995877
>I've never had what could be described as a language barrier between me and someone with a black name.
i have. The language some African Americans use can barely even be called English.

>> No.8995945

>>8977258
Jesus.

>> No.8995974
File: 28 KB, 736x502, 1488146312826.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Russian maths professor. I asked him to expand on the solution to a problem, he responded with "Oh, you like to play games, huh?!" and completely ignored my question. I dropped the class same day.

Why is it that so many professors are emotional infants? It is unreasonable for them to expect the student to pretend that their lectures are absolutely beyond reproach. Why must they start smearing shit on their faces, cry, and threaten to fail the entire class when you ask them to explain something they glossed over or presented poorly? Pathetic

>> No.8995991

>>8995877
>I mean, for one thing, I'm not sure I've ever seen an experiment in the field of sociology.
You have no idea

A friend of mine (who used to study sociology before switching to CS because of the career prospects) told me about one:
A group of people are doing a "test" where they are shown colors and have to say the name of the color. Actually, only a single person is tested, all others are told to say a different color whenever a certain color shows up (for example, say "red" when they are shown blue). At some point, the person tested will begin to doubt themselves, and start saying "red" whenever blue shows up as well

>> No.8996155

How comes that there are no good stories on this thread?

>> No.8996730

>>8995991
This is a reimagining of Asch's paradigm on conformity. He originally did this with people having to say whether a line was longer or shorter than another one, after a group of people (who actually worked for him).
Social psychology might interest you

>> No.8996905

>>8977038
>>8977991

you guys talking about 310?

>> No.8997031

I've never had all that terrible of a professor. They only bad apple I had was a really old physics professor that was and had stopped caring about putting effort into his teaching. I had him for math physics and every class he would start writing formula and deriving them, which is great except he wouldn't give us time to write them down and he wouldn't explain what he was doing well enough. It was even worst since his hand writing was almost illegible and you could barely understand him because he talked without pause. He ended up failing 90% of the class and it was the only class I ever failed in my entire college career.

The worst professor I ever heard of was an english teacher my friend took in community college. She taught at possibly the worst college in my city, so it went hand in hand with her being a terrible teacher. Apparently she decided to mention to the class that she had not been laid in a decade - I wonder what that was for - and would go on many other inappropriate tangents. Also she was black, so you can well imagine how hilarious it would sound for her to recite these tangents in ebonics. Anyways, one time my friend handed in a paper and the teacher have him a zero for putting the MLA bullshit in the wrong order. You can well imagine my friend's frustration just try to go to college on his own dime.

>> No.8997039

>>8978858
doing a 180 on your beliefs is weak-minded regardless of beliefs

>> No.8997064

>Studying Computer Science
>Course called Game Design in 7th semester
>Oh boy.. but sounds like an easy grade
>Prof was very friendly, chill guy but completely out of touch with current developments in compsci and by that I mean anything past 1998.
>Course is as expected a complete shit show that would barely pass as educational for a first grade.
>We only talk about hero types, colors, homework is to watch lord of the rings
>One time in a lesson his voice cracks and gets really sore, rasp from talking too much. People beg him to stop because he is audibly hurting himself by talking. He keeps going the rest 30 minutes sounding like a death metal singer.
>The exam questions are like naming the year first tetrist came out, make up a good name for a videogame and write a short adventure story.

I mean, it probably wasn't a bad experience, we had fun, the guy was friendly. It was just complete and utter bullshit and nobody took anything of value away from that class.. well except an A. Every.Single.Student.

>> No.8997071

>>8997064
Kinda reminds me of the game making class I took in highschool. It was one of those classes they had a gym coach teach, but we did actually do something, except it was only game maker.

>> No.8997076

I just remembered something hilarious. My other friend had to take english comp and he had the unfortunate experience of having a flamboyantly gay professor. The first day of class he tells everyone he's gay, it seems to be the only thing he cared to talk about. The man is a decent teacher apparently, but afterwards my friend signed up for one of those degenerate kink websites, and his gay professor tried to add him.

>> No.8997104

>>8995991
this is psych tho

>> No.8997109

>2nd year genetic biology
Dude had nothing in his slides and rambled on about basic concepts for several lectures at a time. We ended up skipping crispr because he ran out of lectures for his half of the course. Midterm was rough as hell, median was 50 on the dot.

But overall I kind if liked him because he was super enthusiastic about his area of research despite being a bit of an ass. But according to an upper-year he's a bit of a creep and ONLY HIRES GIRLS FOR HIS LAB POSITIONS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>> No.8997116

>>8977117
>she would often get distracted by what students were doing in class

anon, this is really obviously a joke that you didn't get.

>> No.8997178

He SeNt EmAiLs TyPeD LiKe ThIs In CoLoUrFuL fOnTs WiTh TiTlEs LiKe
"LECTURE CANCELED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VERY IMPORTANT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

>> No.8998027

>>8983451

>Clinton
The community reinvestment act was signed into effect in 1971. None of the Clintons had anything to do with it.

>> No.8998077

I had bad high school teachers who couldn't control the class, but the most incompetent one was a geography teacher who doubled down on El Paso being the Mexican side.

>> No.8998078

>>8975978
Is this America.txt?

>> No.8998089

>>8976550
How do people get in these positions?

>> No.8998093

>>8976625
So glad I finished my arts degree surrounded by Asians who dgaf. Thank you based Australia for saving me from
Anglos.

>> No.8998101

>>8975939
I once had a french teacher that didn't speak french.

>> No.8998102

>>8976943
Good lord. We had a part aboriginal teacher who used to sub in primary school, which consisted of her saying she thought we were too spoon fed, then not teaching us, then, when we started to dislike her, accusing us of being racist. Although none of us knew she was part aboriginal.

>> No.8998153

>>8978051
Dumbest thing I got points taken off for was citing a lecture by Edward Said, while answering a question on orientalism, because the lecture was on YouTube and YouTube isn't a reliable source.

>> No.8998167

>>8995974
Sincerely, might it have something to do with autism?
Secondarily, could it be coming from non-Anglo academic cultures?

>> No.8998200

>>8975939
I got in an argument with my kindergarten teacher because she thought dolphins were fish.

>> No.8998362

>>8983357
>t. has never worked w/ Af.Ams

>> No.8998378

>>8997031
>be me
>perfect ACT score in reading comprehension sections
>Straight A's thru all highschool AP classes
>first english class in uni
>niggerlady "professor"
>fails 90% of classes "rough-drafts" because of incomplete or incorrect citations
>threatens the class that she will report us for plagiarism (punishable by expulsion) if it happens again
i dropped it because she was gonna fail me. multiple students complained about her, but we all got the same answer from the cunt in charge; "there's nothing we can do, it's easier if you just drop the class and move on."
I never had a single derogatory thought about black people and their place in our country until that class. niggerlady professors are the single biggest creator of racism and racists in academia.

>> No.8998545

>>8988159
i had a russian for chem couldnt understand shit and would go off topic daily eventually only 10 people would show up to lectures. those ten people loved him though