[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 161 KB, 496x750, tumblr_inline_n7fm21GuSO1s2uupz.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8883364 No.8883364 [Reply] [Original]

it has so many biases how it's still allowed to be called science and why its still legal to give meds for just rational problems?

people dont want to deal with you, you go to a so called psychiatrist and he gives you skittles...i mean meds for all your problems, you are drugged, people dont have to deal..ok,i just see the base of the whole thing.

um still, would you call it a science?

>> No.8883369

>>8883364
you lack thing -> take pills with thing -> you're better
the idea is simple and legit, but the field is shit full of unscientific nonsense

>> No.8883378

>>8883369

take pills with bleach ---> you and people around you are better yeah

idea is indeed simple but unnecessary for at least 50% of cases. i bet by just changing your environment and diet and by supplementation and other alternative bullshit you could do the fabulouso diploma worthy ''doctor'' job
i do think some people def.need psychiatric help but not as many people as nowadays

>> No.8883387

this cures cancer and every psychiatric disease manmade:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

>> No.8883700

Do psychiatric studies involve

1. Coming up with a hypothesis regarding the effect of a particular psychiatric intervention

2. Performing an experiment to evaluate said intervention

3. Using the data generated by the experiment as evidence to inform your decision regarding the validity of your hypothesis about the intervention?

If so, then yes, psychiatry follows the scientific method and is therefore science by definition.

>> No.8883832

>>8883364
Psychiatry is a very real science, it has a better curative rate than most other fields. Psychology is the psuedoscience.