[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 49 KB, 610x343, brain.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8880510 No.8880510 [Reply] [Original]

I need information about anhedonia, and the worse it is the more the info on it is interesting to me, i.e. depression induced anhedonia is less severe than drug-induced anhedonia, (which I have btw), because my kind never really lifts. Prescription drugs fyi. Anyways, I doubt any of you can tell me how to heal my brain, but a point in the right direction would be great. I'm hellbent on figuring this out to the best of my abilities, and I have a lot of time, so I am willing to do the work, I just need to get to a point where I'm competent reading studies and what have you. I was thinking my first stop would be studying neuroscience (roughly based on a university's curriculum) and a bit of pharmacology. Thoughts?

>> No.8880544

I have depression induced anhedonia. Pretty crappy to be honest. Find it impossible to enjoy anything I once did. Thus, I don't put any effort into anything anymore... Academics suffering because of it.

>> No.8880552

>>8880544
I think I can do a better job than anyone else looking for answers in this area, because no one really is. If I make a lot of progress I'ma make a YouTube video or something. I just need a push, something to get me started. Some bits of information, a place to start, whatever.

Also, you could probably find relief with drugs without doing to much damage. My whole system is out of whack because the receptors got destroyed by SSRIs, or something like that. I dunno.