[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 33 KB, 759x506, Cognitive Enhancement.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8855999 No.8855999 [Reply] [Original]

What are some safe, well-tested means of boosting brainpower?

There's a lot of bullshit floating around about how to boost IQ, but that's not what I'm interested in. I'm more curious about daily habits that increase the amount of intellectual output a person is capable of. Some questions:

How much caffeine is too much?

What's the best time of day for productivity?

Does exercise really improve mental performance?

Any opinions on sleep cycles, concentration drugs, or mental exercises such as n-back?

Links to studies would be great.

>> No.8856001

Best amount of caffeine is no caffeine. If you weren't already addicted to it you wouldn't need it.

>> No.8856003

something along the lines of eating baby blood or umbilical juice or something

>> No.8856004

If you're over 20, which you should be, it's too late.
You'll be a brainlet forever.

>> No.8856006

Going to fucking sleep is a pretty good boost.

>> No.8856012

>>8856001
I've wondered about this myself, but most of the cognitive elite drink a shitload of coffee. Not to mention, the Enlightenment was fueled on the stuff. If there are long-term negative effects to drinking it, they haven't been captured by the data.

>> No.8856017

>>8856004
/sci/ has taken over too much of your mental real estate if you view everything in terms of brainlets/non-brainlets, m8.

>> No.8856021

>>8856006
>sleeping for more than 4.5 hours a day
>ever

enjoy getting bulldozed by Ivy League strivers

>> No.8856037

Well
>Yes, if you work out and eat healthy congnitive functions will be invreased but not in a way that you get IQ
Brains as everything else requiers food, stimulation since its a muscle so treat it that way. You will think clearer maybe focus a little easier
>Caffeeine increases focus but for best performance you require sleep wich caffeeine can interrupt
>So its a cycle in a way
>Its a muscle remember
Read, challange ur self with riddles and shit okay, do exercise for brains
>The mozart effect
Its a phenomenom
Research was done on a big uni forgot wich one
Upon listening for 10 mins to mozart students had an temporary increase in IQ for 7-9, defenetly something you should try
>No joke google The mozart effect
IQ is not fully determined by parents but they do play a role
>Its genetic to a degree
>As ur brains grow in childhood and if you are at that time stimulated with brain teasers and shit ul be smarter
>There is only that much o can tell you in this short time i have, i might have misswd something but in essence you wont be able to be insten but remember of u live helathy decisions get better, try to think like a phisicist
think rationally, dont rush things

>> No.8856041

Healthy Diet

Work out (cardio + strength training)

Read some fucking books

Noopept

BPC 157 + NSI 189

LSD Microdosing

Do the top three and decide if you want to do the bottom two

I'm too poor to do the bottom two and too depressed to do the top two

So noopept keeps me going.

>> No.8856047

>>8856041
Any evidence of the long-term drawbacks of nootropics?

Intuition tells me "there's no free lunch" and the fallout will come sooner or later, but maybe I'm overly risk averse.

>> No.8856048

>>8856004

lmao implying anyone really understands anything before they're 30 these days

>> No.8856060

>>8856047
I'm in the same boat as you. However, I will say that I believe that nootropics (certain ones) have the anecdotal breadth that makes me feel that they are safe enough.

Having said that, there will more likely than not be irreversible changes to the brain on any long term nootropic dosing schedule, most people do x months on/ y months off type of schedules (more or less depending on nootropic)

Personally I've been dosing noopept at around 10 mg (after like six-seven times I just started eyeballing 10 mg which was somewhere around a year ago) I've checked my eyeballing every once in a while but I'm not convinced that being off a few mg will change anything THAT much

Much of the present evidence with regards to nootropic compounds is anecdotal, but I personally hold that distributed anecdotes by like-minded individuals can have some sway in deciding whether or not something works in general and whether or not something is safe enough

I don't think it's overly risk averse to think this way about nootropics, but much as in sporting and steroids, I think the benefits outweigh the risks.

We'll all die someday (probably) so might as well burn hotter and brighter while I got the ability to.

>> No.8856067

>Nootropics
Waste of money
>Microdosing LSD
Could work if you can handle it
But ots risky since you dont know whats sold to you untill you test it

>> No.8856075

>>8856067
Most everything in this realm has risks, but desu darknet markets are pretty reasonably trustworthy.

I've tested three separate samples of LSD and it's been perfect, I have friends who have done the same and it's been perfect to nearly perfect every time. Granted that's a very low sample size, and in no way representative of every persons experience but fwiw good LSD is easy to find.

Dosing is super untrustworthy though, if it says 200 ug it's probably distributed around 150 ug as the mean and you can make guesses from there, just dissolve that shit in a brown glass bottle with distilled water and try to go for 0.1ug/ml and go to town.

Nootropics are only a waste of money if they don't work. Noopept has been shown to work, BPC 157 a lot less, and NSI 189 is the most promising antidepressant I've seen in the nootropic world, can't wait till my income increases and I can get some.

>> No.8856080

Well what do you think abou shrooms
Shrooms vs LSD
>Shrooms hit the thinking process, your mind they change how you think on a spiritual level
Might not help with math but defrenetly if youre working on an philosophy essay

>> No.8856083

>caffeine
I don't like it. It makes it harder to concentrate and gives me headaches.
I just drink some green tea, it contains little caffeine.

>Time
iirc the morning, but it depends on the person.

Also making sure you get your sleep will benifit you more than the hours you "gain" from skipping.

>> No.8856104

>>8856080
I assume you're talking to me

Shrooms are by far my favorite psych, throwing my subjective experience with both in there I'll say this

Shrooms are more "natural" in the sense that when I take shrooms (meaning psilocybin and 4acodmt fwiw) I feel a greater connectedness with the natural world i.e earth etc and see my place in it, which does a lot to ground you in the fact that you're A B S O L U T E L Y meaningless.

LSD brings you out into the cosmos (bullshit it's all your conception of the cosmos) and you get this great cosmic sense of connectedness of everyone and how meaningful it is to be alive and a member of it all.

When you microdose shrooms it's fantastic in a fun sense, you get this boost to energy and feeling alive and you just want to do things that bring you into the world and experiencing it all.

Microdosing LSD does the same, but instead of doing things that you normally wouldn't you think about things in a completely different light than you would sober, and it has this intoxicating effect of making you confident as fuck in what you're thinking, and because you're microdosing and don't get thoughtloops and this babylike OMG EVERYTHING AND NOTHING IS TRUE AT THE SAME TIME like some fucking hippie, you can evaluate what you're thinking as you're thinking it. Granted because you're confident in it you're less likely to be fully rational in your examination but it's still pretty dank.

I'd recommend doing both, really I'd say if you like shrooms check out 4acodmt much easier to dose and you can be a lot more precise about what the amount is you're getting. Start with a trip dose of 20 mg and see how strong you like it and titrate from there, I usually go with 1-2 mg (dissolved in distilled water volumetric dosing you can't weigh that out without a scientific balance) when I microdose but that's just me.

Everything I've written here is subjective and I'd probably say something different on different day but this is what I got for you .

>> No.8856125

>>8856060
I would definitely be willing to take a chance if I thought the benefits were worth the risks. But how good are the benefits, exactly? Have you measured and compared your own productivity on a daily basis and seen solid gains, or are you working off your own intuition here? I strongly suspect there are real gains based on the anecdotes I've read as well, but I would love to see data.

>> No.8856135

>>8856125
I have never quantitatively measured anything sorry to say. I go by intuition and a lot of self-examination both before and after the fact.

I do a 1m on 1 wk off schedule for noopept and I feel like it's working, but at this point I'm no longer basing it off any sort of "improvement" over a baseline I haven't been at for a year, but rather the fact that I still feel good with it. Colors are more vibrant, words are more meaningful etc etc. It really isn't something, I think, that can be numerically measured. You can do those brain game things I suppose, but those measure how good you are at the game rather than anything else.

I'm very suspicious of people who do things like give numbers out because more often than not they're bullshit, but I'm very upfront that my feelings wrt noots are subjective and intution based rather than strict measurement.

There are a lot of guys out there who have attempted the kind of measurement I think you're looking for, /r/nootropics is a good research starting point, but specific forums tend to be a better bet.

If I had to throw some bullshit numbers out there I'd say that in terms of in general I feel 20-30% better, in terms of productivity it's more I can push myself into the working mode more easily than before, but also that could be me doing it more and then finding it easier and easier but who knows at this point. So like 10-20% more capable of being productive, but it's like 20% higher push up a hill gets the ball over the hump and a consistent 20% higher translates to a lot more productivity than just a 20% boost.

I am in undergrad physics if that changes the way you look at what I say at all, and while my classes have definitely been getting harder (rotating reference frames are great) I still feel like I'm able to not only keep up but also understand the material and draw connections well when solving problems.

Sorry I'm not really able to give you what you're looking for man, but give noots a shot.

>> No.8856163

>>8856021
>4.5
Fuck that I need 9 hours to stay at my peak.

>> No.8856267

Check out intermittent fasting

>> No.8856874

>>8856012
not the previous guy, but generally speaking, from my experience, caffeine, or simply said in this case, coffee, helps you stay awake. However, you have to consider the fact that if you drink it consistently, you'll gain tolerance for it, as you already probably know, meaning the effects will lessen in intensity. So, either drink more coffee and reach a point where you start vomiting it or it simply doesn't work anymore, or, what I prefer to do is drink coffee or some other caffeinated drink only when I need it, aka, something big is coming up and I need full undivided attention.

Now, I understand that people that have shit ton of work daily will say that they need coffee on daily basis and while that is true, it will aid them for a limited time, but then, after a little while, you're going back to the tolerance and intensity of caffeine.

I really don't know anything about other similar substances such as caffeine, but as I said before, I personally don't consume it every day and that's why it works for me each and every time. If you consume coffee daily and you notice the effects don't work as before, then try something else or fuck it, I don't know nigga

>> No.8857115

>>8856047
Sympathy/empathy provides a free lunch

>> No.8857371

>>8856012
What if Nikola Tesla drank a shit ton of Caffeine?

>> No.8857438

I drink a lot of instant coffee everyday but I don't know if it actually helps speed up anything besides my metabolism right now. I just enjoy having it. I find that after a hard exercise and some rest I'm able to think more clearly than pre exercise. I tried modafinil and ended up in a mental hospital because, for whatever, reason it caused me to be delusional and psychotic. I used to swear by ginkgo biloba but I don't know if it actually did help looking back at it. I also tried microdosing LSD for a few days but it just made me weird and manic, similar to the modafinil. Think I might be prone to that kind of stuff.

>> No.8857475

Stay the fuck away from adderall if you don't need it. It will fuck your executive function and working memory. I've recovered but it took me a year of abstaining from the garbage.

>> No.8857735

>>8857475
what do you mean by working memory?
Long-term or short-term memory?

>> No.8857895

I plan on spending 100$ on Nootropics, I made a list of the most positively notorious ones.

>CDP Choline
>Piracetam
>EPA+DHA fish oil
>Bacopa Monneri
>Lion's Mane

>Deprenyl (Dopamine re uptake inhibitor)

I plan to mix all of this with exercise, intermittent fasting and meditation. Has anyone tried this already? Is it worth it?

>> No.8858518

>>8855999
ROFL MICRO-DOSING DRUGS
I FEEL SO SMARTER I CAN SPELL MY THOUGHTS; COLORS AND SHIET

kys all of you niggers who think that glorifying brain damage and lack of insight are good. You only feel smarter because the necrotic effect of your drugs produced the impression of being smarter, not that you're noticeably more intelligent or '''''creative'''''. Shrooms and LSD are neurotoxic, and no, the dose won't change anything, you're deluding yourself

STOP. FUCKING. POLLUTING. THESE. THREADS.
YOU. WASTES. OF FUCKING MATTER
AND STOP YOUR PITIFUL PROLETIZING. YOU'RE A HIPPY PIECE OF SHIT WHO RUINED HIS OWN LIFE, DONT BRING REEDEMABLE FINE GENTLEMEN IN YOUR DEMISE. THATS NOT ENLIGHTMENT, NOR EGO DEATH: THAT'S LITTERALY THE MOST EGOISTICAL COURSE OF ACTION TO FOLLOW. POISON YOURSELVES ALONE, AND STOP DISSEMINATING YOUR RUBBISH ADVICES, YOU ORGANIC-EATING, THIRD PARTY-VOTING, FOUL-SMELLING SCUM

>> No.8858538

>>8858518
you know, periods were used instead of whitespace in Lorenz SZ42 encrypted messages during ww2, by the Nazis. I was wondering why your retarded wording looked so familiar.

>> No.8858578

>>8857735

It's meth. It burns holes in your brain.

>> No.8858590

>>8857735

Working memory is short therm memory

>> No.8858779

>>8857438
>I tried modafinil and ended up in a mental hospital because, for whatever, reason it caused me to be delusional and psychotic

this literally just happened to me.

took modafinil everyday for a week. By the end of it I was having borderline visual hallucinations. Felt like people were staring at me.

My best guess is that it fucks with your sleep so much that you are basically walking around sleep deprived, even though you don't feel tired.

>> No.8858834

>>8856004
How should we have done it? Why 20?

>> No.8858837

>>8858779

did it make your memory retention better or just made you not tired

>> No.8858838

>>8857475
>am currently taking adderall for add
What can I do about this?

>> No.8858841

>>8857475
Awwww did somebody get addicted to speed?

>> No.8858869

>>8858834
bump

>> No.8858989
File: 382 KB, 512x512, 1492364702662.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8855999

>> No.8859028

>>8858837
Day 1, I can legitimately say it made me smarter.

Snappy memory. Unlimited focus. Faster reaction time.

Just able to effortlessly flow in conversations, with very precise detail.

By about day 3 or 4 though you are basically a zombie. You don't feel tired at all, but you are a shell of a human.

>> No.8859030

>>8855999
sleep, exercise, lots of vitamins in diet, get enough choline, K2, etc.

I'd recommend regularly eating organ meat which provides a lot of nutrients most westerners are now deficient in.

>> No.8859033

>>8856001
>>8856012
This meme has already been debunked, caffeine does improve performance compared to a baseline of no caffeine/withdrawal symptoms

>> No.8859112

>>8858779
>>8857438

I've been using Modafinil for years without any issue. You guys are actually sleeping and not staying awake for 3 days straight on the drug, right?

>> No.8859188

>>8858869
He's just trolling, trying to get anxious posters to feel bad about themselves.

>> No.8859196

>>8858779
>took modafinil everyday for a week
Are you mad?

I take Modafinil too.

Literally 50mg (1/4 of a pill) when I really need it - not more than 2-3 times a week and never on consecutive days - due to the dehydration I often experience.

Taking 200mg/day for 3 days straight is legit a narcoleptic level treatment dosage.

>> No.8859200

>>8857895
Well, brain structure seems to dictate most cognitive performance at the high end, not synaptic firing. Once your brain structure is set in place, you can only get your connections to fire so fast, so frequently, without hitting diminishing returns or even regressing. I would recommend meditation, fasting, and caffeine over anything experimental.

>> No.8859203
File: 577 KB, 1080x1920, Screenshot_20170424-225732.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've gone through probably 100 modafinil pills and never really seemed to get much benefit out of it, but have been prescribed Adderall since I was 18. Recently started taking Vyvanse instead and prefer that over anything else. Pretty much 14 hours of straight cruising and you can easily fall asleep and take a nap whenever. Btw anyone ever try noopept with Vyvanse? Just ordered some, pix related

>> No.8859222

>>8859112
I couldn't sleep even if I drank all night on Modafinil. I was prescribed Ritalin as a kid and could still go to sleep, this stuff is serious(to me). I applaud anyone who can handle it, because I imagine it would be a great tool for productivity. Btw there wasn't much info out there about safe practices of Modafinil at the time. I just ordered the stuff from china and took it everyday for a while. I treated it as if it was a methylphenidate type drug at the time
>Short answer: no I didn't sleep for several days, some forced naps on my break at work

>> No.8859342

>>8859222
>ordered from china

Bad move.
Order from India.

How much did you take?

>> No.8859386

>>8856041
I've microdosed with LSD loads of times. Didn't see a significant change. Most evidence out there is anecdotal. Do you have any study that suggests LSD microdosing has any positive effect on cognitive function other than leddit?

>> No.8859421

>>8855999
here's the magic word
P R A C T I C E

the fact that you're looking to increase your iq shows that you have no goal other than boosting your ego by showing off your "intelligence". and good luck trying to boost up your intellectual thought with no true purpose

>> No.8859425

>>8859222

Modafinil is great stuff, mate. I am someone who struggles a lot with executive functions despite eating healthy, exercising and meditating. Modafinil is basically, discipline in pill format. It's incredibly useful to get started on a project and build that initial momentum, afterwards you can cycle it 3 days on, 4 days off to keep tolerance at bay. You should take it right in the morning, after excising. The half life is around 12 to 16 hours, so this way it would wear off by the time you gotta go to sleep.

Forget about creativity though, this is not Adderall. This is a drug for going robot mode, I do not have as many random associations and ideas sparkling in my mind while on it.

>> No.8859438

>>8859200

Some of these Nootropics do not focus on increasing synapse transmission rates, but rather increase Growth factors or protecting structures. I am hoping I can reverse the damage caused by stress and sleep deprivation with them.

>> No.8859490

>>8855999
Stupid brainlets

The only nootropic that works is books

>> No.8859511

>>8855999
Cardiovascular exercise is the best way to keep your brain in shape. Your brain consumes a shit ton of oxygen and a strong cardiovascular system will help deal with all the waste products in your brain and it will work more efficiently. This is especially important when you get. Exercise helps you retain your IQ, it will start to decrease already in your 30's btw

>> No.8859517

>>8859490

I am not familiar with that one, sources? How did it benefit you?

>> No.8859640

>>8857895
Deprenyl is a MAO-B inhibitor not a DRI

>> No.8859652
File: 315 KB, 2000x2000, 1491382285915.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8858518
you sound buttblasted

>> No.8859674
File: 84 KB, 864x1296, tipped.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8858518
>DONT BRING REEDEMABLE FINE GENTLEMEN IN YOUR DEMISE

>> No.8859726

>>8859640

True, but the effects should be the same as one.

>> No.8859737
File: 6 KB, 200x210, 1493173561719.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8855999
The thing that really kills me is the wasted potential. I always wonder if I had studied harder, been pushed further when I was younger, would I be a smarter person than I am today? I feel like I fucked myself over wasting my life on video games and shit when I was a teenager, like I threw away the opportunity to hone my developing brain in to something useful. Now I'm an adult and my brain has been wired around processing WoW and children's cartoons and it feels like I failed.

>> No.8859748

>>8856001
this is why you will always be a brainlet.

>> No.8859751

>>8855999
These are the purest dubs I have ever seen in my life.

>> No.8859793

>>8859737
Why would.it feel like you failed? Failed at what?

>> No.8860371

4chan evryday X-DDDD

>> No.8860431

>>8856012
What about energy supplements?

>> No.8861542

>>8859793
Failed at reaching my potential, failed at really doing anything of substance in my life. I didn't each the level of normies, I'm below even them.

>> No.8861559

>>8856163
same unfortunately
exercising more often allows me to not feel dead with only 7-8 hours though

>> No.8861606
File: 50 KB, 200x200, IIZ_large.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Anyone know what is good to take for possible Olney's lesions? (Aka damage/holes in the brain caused by being a drug abusing degenerate brainlet) I know it's mostly a meme that DXM causes it but I got depressed in college and self medicated with moderate DXM doses multiple times a week for around 9 months and went on random weeklong binges a few times after that. That was years ago and I've since suffered through a period of intense anxiety/panic attacks and memory fog. I'm pretty much back to normal now but feel there could be some damage.

I read about anricetam?/piracetam/noopept etc and don't know what could help without triggering my anxiety. It seems some of them help repair the brain but can cause extreme anxiety. I've never taken adderall or anything like that either.. just coffee and my limit is 2 cups.

I eat only whole and fresh foods because I have so many allergies, and I do either cardio or strength training every day of the week. I also read books every day.

thanks if anyone has any advice

>> No.8861624

Anyone here can function with four hours of sleep?
I tired with five once but I was useless after midday.

>> No.8862743

>>8861624
6.5 is my limit.

I'm actually more productive on 6.5 than on 8 hours.

>tfw I found this out when I was 26
>all those wasted years

fug

>> No.8862824

Been on keto for the past 4 days.

I've heard that you are supposed to feel like shit for the first couple days, but I feel fucking amazing. It's probably my Irish potato famine genetics kicking in.

>> No.8863117

>>8855999
>What are some safe, well-tested means of boosting brainpower?
Studying

>> No.8863201
File: 95 KB, 347x364, 1485801202728.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8862824
>I've heard that you are supposed to feel like shit for the first couple days, but I feel fucking amazing. It's probably my Irish potato famine genetics kicking in.
What's your main source of fat?
I'm doing it with clarified butter mostly but I don't feel any more energetic.
Just less tired.

>> No.8863250

>>8856874
What this guy said.
I went through a period of about 2 and a half months were I would have 400+ mg of caffeine daily.
I remember several times when I went out drinking and had some serious scares with my heart due to the alcohol + caffeine reaction.

I don't drink that much coffee anymore, but to feel any kind of effect from it, I have to consume at least three cups of barista coffee in an hour.

>> No.8863840

>>8863201
For now I'm using a shit ton of butter on everything until I figure out something more sustainable.

>> No.8863858

>>8859342
200mg/day

>> No.8863863

>>8863840
Cottage cheese?

>> No.8864071
File: 8 KB, 64x64, BTNVillagerKid.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8855999
>boosting IQ
???

>>8859737
>>8861542
How old are you?

>> No.8864082

>>8856001
anon saying that caffeine has no positive effects is horseradish

if you're concerned about anxiety or withdrawal symptoms switch to green tea. You can drink the stuff all day and only get a slight uplift in mood and attention

>> No.8864085

>>8856037
>brain is a muscle
these are the people who are calling you a brainlet on /sci/

>> No.8864092

>>8859386
it's all anecdotal and it's all placebo since everyone is dosing themselves.

there are rigorous studies showing no effect on academic performance in microdosing uni students

>> No.8864095

>>8858838
start weaning

talk about it with your doctor next time you see them

>> No.8864098

>>8859737
Everyone who ever accomplished anything had to struggle for it.

People who become great scientists only do so because they realize that not studying hard is a waste of the life they were given.

>> No.8864101

>>8861606
cardio is the GOAT prescription for brain damage
also sobriety

you can add in meditation if you're depressed

>> No.8864105

>>8861624
My roommate only sleeps for 5 hours a night and she graduated from her Masters program with A's.

She also sleeps by hanging upside down from the ceiling and refuses to eat my garlic bean dip.

>> No.8864477

I always thought the Wim Hoff method would increase brain function for the same reason cardio does.

>> No.8864497

>>8856048
>these days
Yeah, I'm sure young people were much more intelligent and knowledgeable and had much better access to information before the internet came long right?

>> No.8864501

>>8855999

Your brain gets better at solving tasks by repetition. So challenge yourself with puzzles everyday and practice your mathematics skills

>> No.8864535

Since I start to smoke pot frequently I saw an improvement of my creative thinking, not so much but I started to realize things more often. I don't know if this is an effect of pot or it's my mind trying to justify my addiction :/
>Also
what are the negative effects of pot?

>> No.8864547
File: 44 KB, 604x513, IMG_4561.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8864105
>>8856021
>>8861624
>>8862743
>implying sleep deprevation doesn't literally fry your brain
http://www.livescience.com/40510-sleep-cleans-brain-harmful-toxins.html

>> No.8864574

>>8857438
T. the next school shooter.

>> No.8864577

>>8861624
There are some people (about 5% of the population) which can function with only about 5 hours of sleep.

But I remember reading some studies that what really was going on, was these people simply didn't feel tired when they were sleep deprived. But if you measured their reaction time, and other tests like that, they clearly showed the effects of sleep deprivation.

>> No.8864603

>>8864547
OMG
you are asian
asian fake page

>> No.8864604

>>8864547
>6.5h
>sleep deprivation

Sounds like you're the one with the fried brain famalam.

>> No.8864634

>>8858518
Okay what the hell is wrong with voting for a third party? Sometimes people don't agree with either the republicans or the democrats.

>> No.8864640

>>8864535
I used to love pot but I read some studies about thc intake correlating in reduced grey matter volume. There's no causal mechanic (yet) but it's pretty much scared me away from the stuff.

>> No.8864770

>>8864071
26 man

>>8864098
I understand that they aren't just innately talented, they also put in inhuman amounts of work to acheive their goals. I tried the hard work route, I even managed to get a Masters degree in biology but I never felt the sense of achievement I hoped to get from it, I still felt like a useless sack of shit who should have done much better. Bio? Anyone can do that.

>> No.8864847

>>8855999
>any opinion on mental exercises
memory palaces as chronicled in the book "Moonwalking with Einstein" where you think of a familiar interior to a building or house (fictional or that you know like the house you grew up in/ live in etc.,) and whatever you have to remember, you visualize it in the corner or some place of some room of the house and then youre basically walking around your mind from place to place in the memory palace recalling the large list or whatever you have to remember by entering each room and remembering the placement of each item.

people can memorize whole decks of shuffled cards or whatever else this way.

>> No.8865130

>>8864847
that's awesome!

>> No.8865140

First day on noopept and so far so good. It seems easier to focus and words come out more fluently. Pretty subtle stuff but pairs well with my Vyvanse.

>> No.8866038

Anyone here tried Tianeptine, Huperzine or/and Bacopa Monneri? Are they worth the investment?

>> No.8866042

>>8866038
Tianeptine is good if you're actually depressed, don't know about the others

>> No.8866829

>>8864092
Can you link that study please?

>> No.8866992

Anyone got a good app for mental stimulation? Also am I good chilling on modafinil or is there something better that I should be using?

>> No.8867427

>>8864640
any source of that studies pls :)

>> No.8867495

>>8864640
I used to smoke very occasionally, and i was fine. However I started to do it more often and i got very ill from it, strange tactile sensations and my mind was buzzing for days aferwards. I dont plan on doing it ever again.
Also here is playlist worth watching if you do comsume cannabis.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyVghncmfCiZJf5IPiWaQ2kvY3yTbNFTv

>> No.8867594

Any drugs on getting more confident and reducing social anxiety.

>> No.8867613

>>8866992
>Also am I good chilling on modafinil

yes, don't be retarded. MDs prescribe the stuff all the time for people to just go about their normal life. What else do you think you should you be doing on it?

>> No.8867729

>>8858838
enjoy the drug that turns your brain from a mess to a powerhouse

also make sure that its the best fitting medication out of the ones you can take, so it metabolizes properly. They have gene tests now to help you find out which medications are bad for you (which you can get insurance to pay for sometimes)

>> No.8867731

>>8859033
>debunked
that's not how science works.

>> No.8867793

>>8861624
i fucking wish man

i need to get a full nights sleep just to have normal brain fog, any less then that and i shouldnt even drive

>> No.8868859

What is the most amount of trouble I can get into for buying adderall on the black market? Asking for a friend.

>> No.8868966

>>8855999
Selfs hypnosis for concentration look up "instant self hypnosis" on amazon it works the effect is too noticable and effective to ignore or question

>> No.8869218

>>8859342
>Order from India
Only if you don't mind getting called 2-4 times a day about getting refills and other offers.

Seriously I had to get a new phone number because they wouldn't stop calling me.

So keep this in mind.

>> No.8869405

Open up Examine.com to look up the research for the supplements I recommend.

>What are some safe, well-tested means of boosting brainpower

1. Exercise - Aerobic (running, cycling, swimming) is superior to exercise for strength (weight training) in terms of boosting brainpower. It helps with concentration, motivation, anxiety, ADHD, panic disorders and a fuckton more. If you want thourough and in-depth research, read "spark the revolutionary new science of exercise and the brain". The tl:dr version is:
-30 minutes of aerobic exercise everyday or atleast 4 times/week

2. Meditation - fuckton of research everywhere and you all know the benefits. You just have to stay consistent with it for atleast a month to notice results. I've found that the best time to do it is in the morning before you get out of bed - your brain is least involved with other bullshit at that time and you concentrate more easily

>How much caffeine is too much
Idk, I don't use it (it makes me antsy), but check out L-theanine. It goes hand in hand with caffeine and negates the anxiety effects it can produce.

>What's the best time of day for productivity
For me, it's the morning. I try to do all my creative and mental work then.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl1RApVpIpU
this video might be helpful for figuring out your ideal time.

>sleep cycles
Just keep a somewhat consistent sleep-schedule and try to wake up before 10am

>mental exercises
I think this is a meme. If you are using your brain for studying or doing other shit, you shouldn't need them

>> No.8869443

>>8869405

>Supplements (use examine.com to check them out in more detail)

A foreword, I much prefer the natural shit over more intrusive and powerful chemicals. It's just my preference, but beware that stuff like Modafinil CAN have adverse side-effects.

>Bacopa Monnieri
Improves memory, aids with anxiety. Needs like a month of consumption to start working. I absolutely love it because my memory is shit

>Fish oil
Helps with mood regulation, aids deppression and anxiety. Overall a top tier supplement for a whole plethora of stuff in your body

>Ashwagandha
Helps with anxiety, boosts immunity.

>St. John's wort
Top tier mood regulator. as effective as SSRI's for depression. I take it when Im feeling down for some reason.

A few more tips and tricks

>Cold showers
they boost your immune system and also make you calm and concentrated as fuck for the following half-hour or so. They have some cool long-term effects as well. Cold exposure is another reason why I think swimming is the best form of aerobic exercise - you do it in somewhat cold water, it's easy on the joints and it works the whole body using complex movements requiring involvement of your brain.

>The "after-exercise" window
In the book I mentioned in my previous post, this fenomenon is explored in depth. Long story short - after aerobic exercise you have around an hour-long window of boosted mental abilities. It's ideal for studying or writing, or just doing the most mentally-exhausting task of the day.

>Morning routines
This is a gimmick for people with free time in the morning, but I find it immensely helpful. It's just a way to cram a lot of productive and self-improvementy stuff in the morning so you can feel good about your day. My routine looks something like
-Wake up
-Meditate
-Procrastinate a bit on my phone
-Exercise
-Cold shower
-Most important, mentally-exhausting task of the day
-Breakfast

>Intermittent fasting
I know it's good for you but haven't done it,so Im just suggesting to look it up

>> No.8869467

>>8861624
My limit is about 4-5 hours of sleep. I tried 2 hours one time, I could barely function and my memory was shit, only reason I didn't feel sleepy was because I took Ritalin (wouldn't recommend).

>> No.8869506

>>8859033
Drug addict insists that taking their drug is a good thing. Imagine that.

>> No.8869535

>>8861624
Every once in a while I have to deal with 5.5-6 hours of sleep because of my work and school schedule, and it sucks. I couldn't imagine getting only four hours on a regular basis.

>> No.8869693
File: 245 KB, 273x566, 1491981283013.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8856001
>Drank 2 cups of coffee a day
>Drank 4 cups to stay up for 2 days
>Woke up the next day
>Massive headache
>It hurt so bad I ran to the bathroom and vomited up my dinner
>Had to take an aspirin to counter the withdrawal symptoms
>Decided to ween myself off next time instead of just quitting

Coffee is certainly addictive.
Don't believe anyone that tells you other wise.

>> No.8869752

How do i into meditation?

>> No.8869800

>>8867594
Cocaine

>> No.8869821

>>8869752
You don't ,meditation do into you

>> No.8869832

MUSCLE RELAXATION Start doing it before its too late.

>> No.8869864
File: 31 KB, 615x456, 1492906340239.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8856004
>>8855999
>>8859737
>It's too late

I doubt this.
I believe there was never a time to start.

People that have IQs of 85 are constantly faced with terrifyingly difficult problems, and they never rise above them despite constantly being forced to think long and hard about every damn thing.

Life blows, but I believe your IQ is pretty much locked and preordained to fluctuate in a certain direction.

>> No.8871510

>>8855999
>How much caffeine is too much?
In excess of 400-500mg/day, but it's easy to build up a tolerance for it, so don't get too crazy over it.
>Best time of day for productivity?
Varies from person to person, you'll have to figure it out yourself. Many people say right when they wake up, likely due to the lack of fatigue they'll gather over the day.
>Is exercise good for you?
Yes, especially if you have concrete goals. It also helps improve your mood and makes you less prone to getting tired. If you're out of shape or have never exercised before, you can get started with something like the Couch to 5K plan. Those cheap cunts removed the free version from their site, but you should be able to find it if you Google something like "Couch to 5K PDF." Both cardio and strength training are good and support one another.
>Sleep cycles
Find what doesn't make you want to kill yourself.
>Concentration Drugs
Assuming you mean modafinil/armodafinil, they work as advertised. They actually helped me getting into the mindset of deep/prolonged focus even when I'm not on them.

>>8859421
>There's a lot of bullshit floating around about how to boost IQ, but that's not what I'm interested in.
>I'm not interested in boosting IQ.

I'm going to assume you were tired when you posted this and not that you couldn't be arsed to read OP's actual question.