[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 413 KB, 600x600, 1489790556826.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8810017 No.8810017 [Reply] [Original]

Do ant consider humans to be alive? if to ants we're not living things, then what if stars were actually alive but we don't see it that way because were way too brainlets to understand?

Is rotation around a gravitational mass can be considered the most logical outcome to life?

>> No.8810025

Obviously there's no scientific way to prove it, but I have toyed with the idea of that applying to planets

>> No.8810142

>>8810025
You are, of course, looking at this through a scientific lens right? I get the feeling that there is a whole universe that we miss through our human understanding, and this sometimes makes me question my position as an agnostic atheist.

what if ghosts were real, but just entities that exist outside of our senses? what if the same were to apply to God? all the positions we take based on science, would they hold any real value once you zoom out?

there is something missing in my perception of all of this, and I'm not all to sure what it is. anyone can recommend a good read for something like this?

>> No.8810148

>>8810142
>all the positions we take based on science, would they hold any real value once you zoom out?

Of course they do. At our level, our methods (or 'positions', as you put it) suffice. While our conceptions of time and space and whatever else might be meaningless in the bigger picture, for us (to put it quite simply) they just work. They help us go about our daily routine, and allow us to live our lives with some semblance of meaning.

It's the same with the ants. To us, their internal pedometry is rudimentary and primitive as fuck, but it works great for them; it helps them to understand their own world and their locations with respect to food sources, dangers, nests, etc.

>> No.8810280

>>8810017
I'm honestly starting to believe we are but cells to God's living body (The Universe)

>> No.8810282

>>8810017
Of course you are alive to an ant because it runs away the moment it detects your movement.

>> No.8810899
File: 2 KB, 229x213, almonds activated.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8810282
>of course storms are alive to humanity because we run away the moment we detect their movement

>> No.8810904

The problem with this kind of thinking is that there is no discernible way to prove any of this shit you're saying is true.

>> No.8811200

>>8810899
checked

also holy shit I thought the exact same thing you did when I read that post.