[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 41 KB, 246x200, creed-lightsonoff.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8699859 No.8699859 [Reply] [Original]

Would you say trying to understand abstract art is good practice for trying to understand alien intelligence? After all, it is widely speculated that the way intelligent aliens think or act will seem completely incomprehensible to us since they evolved under different natural selection pressures, which would have shaped their social structures and reasoning processes in a completely different way than our own.

Pic related. It's a gif of an "art piece" by Martin Creed called "The lights going on and off" that is just an empty room with lights that automatically turn on and then off in 5 second intervals.

>> No.8699865

>>8699859
/ic/ here
Abstract art is bullshit

>> No.8699876

abstract art and experimental art in general can be very interesting and thought provoking, but I feel like most of the time the creators of it are just using arbitrary bullshit to create the illusion of a deep meaning, usually because they lack the talent to do anything else

>> No.8699955

>>8699859
RETARD!

OP you are goddamn fucking RETARD.

I don't know exactly why your retardedness has triggered me more than the other retards today, but you win the RETARD of the day award. CONGRATS!

>> No.8700204

Art is gay. Pretty sure aliens would not be gay, contrary to the popular portrayal of their supposed anal probes.

>> No.8700222

>>8699859
I would say that trying to understand abstract art is almost a complete and total waste of time. In order to understand what the artist was trying to convey, in order to "decode" the communication, there has to have been an intent to communicate. But art is no longer about that, it is just loosely defined creativity coupled to nihilism and a jr. high school sense of humor.