[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 301 KB, 1200x1200, Sagittarius_A-.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8682230 No.8682230 [Reply] [Original]

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Event_Horizon_Telescope

Will this really be done by April?

>> No.8683150

>>8682230
That's what I saw reported as having been reported by some other people.

See a grapefruit on the moon, they say.

Can't feed the poor and the hungry, but we can look at event horizons.

The least they could do is call them black suns. A hole in 3d space sounds stupid and retarded. Black holes, as hypothesized, have nothing of relevance in common with holes in the ground.

>> No.8683160

>>8683150
>Can't feed the poor and the hungry
why should we, so there's even more poor and hungry? kill yourself, you bleeding heart faggot.

>> No.8683384

>>8683150
>Can't feed the poor and the hungry
Yeah we can, we just choose not to do it.

World hunger happens because dictators are bad at economic planning and they hoard food aid to distribute to their followers to ensure loyalty.

In America, people are just selfish and lazy. In any case, hunger is a simple puzzle, people just don't want to solve it.

>> No.8683392

>>8683150
It's literally not possible to feed the hungry of the world unless you first go through the step of a horrific war with massive body counts to depose the corrupt leadership. That kind of defeats the original purpose, doesn't it?

>>8683384
Hunger in the united states is a mental illness problem, not a problem with the availability of food. If somebody in america is hungry, it is because they are insane or their guardian is insane. No exceptions. It's just so incredibly easy to get free food.

>> No.8683419

>>8682230
Isn't there some sort of amateur global network you can hook up your own DIY radio telescope to? Because I have a few old sat dishes.

>>8683150
>Can't feed the poor and the hungry,

There's enough food, but people don't care and those who do care can't into logistics.

>> No.8683422

>>8683419
>Isn't there some sort of amateur global network you can hook up your own DIY radio telescope to? Because I have a few old sat dishes.

There should be a way to do this using only an app for smartphones. 1 smartphones doesn't seem like much, but there's millions of them on the planet.

>> No.8683429

>>8683150
I'm quite sceptical about grapefruits growing on the Moon.