[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 7 KB, 275x183, teacher.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8593134 No.8593134 [Reply] [Original]

ITT: describe your worst teacher/professor you've ever had

>> No.8593141

Any teacher/professor who teaches because they are at a dead end and can only make bread by teaching, people like that usually ruin the whole learning experience and it's very common in pre university level courses. I often find that older female teachers do this shit.

>> No.8593225

Highschool math teacher. He didn't even care to teach, hated his job. Since I liked math he kinda helped me out, gave me some books and shit but to the rest of the class he was just the worst teacher.

>> No.8593408

when the class is a fluffly humanities requirement the teachers are usually worst of all

>> No.8593423

>>8593134

Once had a history teacher say that people before the middle ages had never worn pants. Cited the fact that I failed my first history class (due to not doing my homework), that she traveled, and that she was the one with the master's degree as to why I was wrong. Really burnt my bottom.

I also remember in a science class in middle school how I asked if fire could freeze but I wasn't given an answer. I thought it was a decent question because I don't think anyone has ever asked it before since it's kind of ridiculous.

>> No.8593441

Highschool language teacher. Fuck,that guy hated me and almost everyone.
Actually,he was a good teacher in some ways but the motherfucker was a soulless. "He always was right"

My other highshcool teachers were usually cool

>> No.8595150
File: 32 KB, 200x155, Rlogo.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I have had some top-notch professors; you may have used some of their R packages, and our statistics department is full statistical computing classes. However, I took a statistical computing class in the CS department thinking it was a good idea, but that was a mistake. I ended up getting a B in the class; our final was a group final, in which the whole group received a zero. I have no idea why we received a zero and why our final was taken as a group. The asshat never replied to any of our emails. I don't care so much about the grade, as much as after the class I realized I my mind had blanks where there was previous knowledge. He had such an authoritative busy approach; it sucked your ability somehow. What he was teaching and how he wanted us to implement it was entirely questionable. I didn't learn anything since I covered the material already, but I spent all the time trying to make things exactly how he wanted it. Literally, he wanted you to think exactly like him, which is stressful in itself. I also noticed that other students were doing things incorrectly, but it didn't matter as long as you did what he wanted. I think I was the only statistics major in the class.

>> No.8595172

>>8593134
High school English teacher
She LITERALLY AND NOT FIGURATIVELY """""""taught""""""" English by making us memorize summaries of informations about stuff or stories about some people in our books - in other cases, translate stuff in my first language (Italian) without explaining shit to us.
I am almost completely self-taught in English. Almost because elementary and middle school teachers were okay, but I did most of the job shitposting on English forums/chatrooms/game lobbies etc.

>> No.8595239

Most of my engineering professors.

UNSW, Sydney.

>> No.8595255

>>8595150
That sounds like a pretty bad experience. In my CS department the statistics was fine, but there were a couple of heuristic rules we were made to use. Not quite the same as being made to solve problems the wrong way.

>> No.8595260

Geophysics teacher. Could barely speak english. The entire class was lectures, we had a textbook which we read maybe 15 pages from out of several hundred. Barely learned fucking ANYTHING. No exams, only project we had to do was a presentation that had nothing to do with geophysics.

It was a complete fucking joke.

>> No.8595282

>>8595150
Auckland uni?

>> No.8595289
File: 78 KB, 390x500, discarded-fresh-bread-006.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8593134
In high school, my trigonometry teacher actually raised her voice and told a student "that's because you're too dumb" when he said that he couldn't understand the idea of the sinusoidal functions. She had never even drawn a unit circle, she only explained the Pythagorean theorem and then shouted "SOHCAHTOA" a few times.

In college, my Physics II (waves and optics) professor muttered inaudibly to the chalkboard throughout every lecture, wrote in unintelligible scrawl, and made numerical or conceptual errors in about a third of his example problems. He would then stare at the book for a minute, and then start over without explaining what he had done wrong. He's actually a highly accomplished researcher, so it was pretty bizarre.

>> No.8595291

had a shitty mandatory class on software engineering requirements. i think most of the problem was that the course was just a giant clusterfuck with no clear aims. by week 6 we'd covered everything and the guy just said "fuck it" and sent us home for the rest of the semester.

that man is now my supervisor.

>> No.8595298

I'm 30. I remember my 6th Grade English teacher was basically a drill instructor. He was about 5'9" and well built. If you didn't turn in your in your homework, he made you stand up and answer "Why" numerous. Of course the kids never had a valid excuse and he break the kids down til they cried. Nobody laughed and everyone was intimidated by him. I doubt teachers can do this anymore... and honestly I'm not sure they should be able to. Call me a cuck or whatever but literally bullying kids to tears.

>> No.8595359

>math course to be taught in french, professor (yes, professor) is a 28 years old dutch guy that barely speaks french
>can't understand shit when he talks, writing is barely better
>he's constantly distracted and makes silly mistakes all the time, writes + instead of - and so on
>needs a fucking calculator to integrate a polynomial with 4 terms
>class time is pretty much useless throughout the two semesters he teaches, just read the wiki articles and you'll have a better understanding of the subject
>course had a reputation for being very hard a few years ago, now pass rate is 95%

>turns out he's the dean's nephew :^)

>> No.8595366

Professor who said it's required to buy his shitty book. We had to do it in person as well and he noted down names of everyone who did it.

>> No.8595397

My discrete math professor was a fatty who couldn't stand up for long so always just scribbled things on the board. Everything was also below waist level too so you couldn't see anything. He also mumbled 75% of his sentence only to fully pronounce the last word of the sentence.

>> No.8595400

>Enginering degree
>Thermodynamics class
>Prof is also an engineer
>He is explaining entropy
>At the end of the chapter there is a slide called "Entropy in the universe"
>He says: "Im not explaning this shit. Yes, people often like documentaries about the universe and they think: 'Oh entropy, oh the universe is expanding'. But who are we? Engineers! Why are he studying here? To make money!"

kek, he was so stupid

>> No.8595402

>>8595298
t. cuck

You people are so fucking thin-skinned.

>> No.8595421

i once had a professor who came to class high all the time, he forgot a lot of things and would miss details often, very awesome guy though and super helpful 1 on 1, I liked him a lot, most people didn't.

>> No.8595443

>>8593141
>I often find that older female teachers do this shit.

Just wait till you find out younger and male teachers also teach

>> No.8595468

>>8593134
Four professors for a semester-long introductory course to the major material. Think Bio 1. Huge lecture hall of at least 200 kids. The main professor was also my advisor.

He made us get a shitty app on our cell phones for taking quizzes and checking in for attendance. Quizzes are random and count for about 15% of final grade, attendance is about 10%. It's clearly just a clicker but he's being paid for this so he goes along with the shitty program. Only releases slides after lecture.

You have to text or type in the app the "attendance code" to be counted. He does this in the middle of lecture for about 5-10 minutes of class.

>People just tell people who aren't there the attendance code

He starts handing out notecards where you write your name and student ID on it while attendance is up.

>People only show up right before he starts taking attendance, leave after he takes it

He responds by randomizing what time he does the lengthy attendance process. Then he goes further and throws in fake quiz questions, telling us to not answer them or what answer to put in order to figure out those who didn't come and fail them for that quiz.

I had to pay somewhere around 40 dollars for that shit when I had so many fucking clickers lying around collecting dust at home. It was such a silly crazy process to see unfold, and there was really no reason to come to the lecture.

>> No.8595484

>>8595468
>>8595397
>>8595359
>>8595260
Why didn't any of you complain?

>> No.8595494

I threw a chocolate milk up above the top shelf of the cupboards in my elementary school classroom and weeks later no-one could figure where the smell was coming from.

In English class in high school I wrote a rap and rapped it in front of the class instead of writing a paper and my teacher gave me 100%.

My worst experience with a teacher was probably when she told me a long sad story about how her oldest daughter died of haemophilia. She cried and everything.

>> No.8595519

>>8595494
>had to read anthem in English and do a project on it
>think
>decide to get a lightbulb since it's on the cover of the book
>look up motifs on sparknotes
>write all of them on the bulb with a sharpie
>100

>> No.8595522

>>8593141
This, two million times.

>> No.8595532

>>8593134
High school grade 10/11 science teacher. Was some short chubby fucking proto-numale who was previously a semitruck driver. Would waste time in class talking to other kids about offtopic shit like barbeques while other students were asking for help. 99% of the time explained a simple concept in an absolutely confusing way. He tried to explain how the Mole measurement works with the statement "imagine you had a tricycle. Now imagine you had 12 tricycles, but some tricycles were missing parts." This was apparently like a mole. He tried to act hard as fuck but overall I treated him like human garbage the entire year and never got in any real trouble for it. I was once kicked out of the classroom because a friend was giving a friend his pen back to him and when he looked over he thought I was taking it from him.
Fucking awful human being, I nearly failed his science class. The next year I took both Physics and Chemistry grade 12 and got 80's in both.

Should have been 90's, but I somehow blew all my fucking final exams.

>> No.8595536

>>8595532
> I was once kicked out of the classroom because a friend was giving a friend his pen back to him
yo what the fuck brain
*I was giving a friend his pen back to him after borrowing it

>> No.8595537

>>8593134
My prof for differential equations was completely incapable of finishing a thought. Would speak in 2-5 word fragments before suddenly stopping and switching to a completely different sentence.

I should be thankful that I've never encountered a malicious or unfair professor but it was so fucking infuriating to try and learn anything in that course

>> No.8595540

>>8595537
I have a prof right now that can't finish a sentence without stuttering ten times and working in the word "ultimately". It's actually kinda funny.

>> No.8595545

>>8595484
>um hi this guy can't speak english
best case scenario: "we know, we interviewed him"
worst case scenario: "we know, we interviewed him", and now the instructor is mad at you
jolly good plan that is

>> No.8595554

>>8593134
Middle school science teacher. She was not able to teach anything besides biology, and often messed up during physics and chemistry subjects. I actually had to explain her the difference between cations and anions.

>> No.8595559
File: 49 KB, 624x351, morris.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My chemistry teacher was a sadistic paedophile who used to beat us for sexual pleasure. Didn't know what was going on in the backroom at the time, it only came out recently. I knew he was a very nasty piece of work, but had no idea just how bad it was for some of the kids. Went to trial and got 9 years and I hope he dies in jail.

This is for you, 'Mr' Morris.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/jailed-retired-teacher-church-deacon-7684285

Pic related, it's as he was then. That was my school photo from about 1979 iirc.

>> No.8595572

>>8595559
Another pedo in the UK what a surprise.

>> No.8595574

>>8595554
My 6th grade science teacher had literal dementia.

>> No.8595575

>>8595559
Wow

>> No.8595584

Curren chemistry professor is by far the worst professor I've had. She taught highschool in eat los angeles up until last semester. We are in winter session, so it's very accelerated. She is incredibly disorganized. Also teaches like a highschool teacher.
>meet me outside right now!
>no electronics
>Class is dismissed when I dismiss you

She also does not let us see our exams. She just gives us a percentage and we have to accept our grade. We don't have the opportunity to even see what we got wrong or any specifics. She also does not give us any grades or feedback in general. Definitely picks favorites. Its awful

>> No.8595589
File: 259 KB, 408x530, Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 02.43.31.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Pretty famous Financial Mathematician teaching us about derivatives, black scholes all that stuff. His notes consist of notes written with thick permanent marker on those see through plastic old school projector sheets. His notes were a lame attempt at summarising the text he recommended but because of the layout of the notes a simple one page proof in the book was a 4 page mess in his notes.
Wouldnt leave the notes up long enough for us to take them down.
Made the module much more difficult than it needed to be. Trying to get him to do example/past exam questions was impossible. Shafted us all in the exam. Doesnt give two fucks as he's paid to research and is forced to have the burden of lecturing.

And I have him again for my senior year next year xD

>> No.8595592

>>8595584
SMC?

>> No.8595635

>>8595592
Pierce college. T.M. Williams

>> No.8595636

>>8595282
I think I know why you said Auckland, but no it wasn't.

>> No.8595639

>>8595589
>Shafted us all in the exam. Doesnt give two fucks as he's paid

He's just teaching you how to succeed in finance anon.

>> No.8595642

>>8595584
Thats bullshit I'd definitely complain or something.

>> No.8595649

>>8595584
>She also does not let us see our exams.
Pretty sure this is against regulations

>> No.8595650

>>8593134
Tied between orchestra instructor:
>I will not teach you. Go change classes - first day of classes.
Or high school physics teacher.
>The space shuttle launches at 1/10 speed of light.

>> No.8595661

>>8595650
Haha

The other day, first lecture, my prof says "I don't even want to teach this class but I have to because of bureaucracy". Everyone laughed but he was dead serious. He said he never taught a class this large before.

>> No.8595677

>>8593134
My sophomore biology teacher
> only got through three chapters throughout an entire year
> all stuff I had already learned in eighth grade
> came time for state testing
> she didn't teach us a single thing that was in the biology portion
> replaced by Chinese sub who literally couldn't speak English because she was arrested for tax fraud

At least I got the best teacher of my life (so far anyways, ) the next year. Although my senior year was pretty shitty besides my math teacher

>> No.8595686
File: 59 KB, 624x351, bug eating turtle.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I know this is fairly common but having Calc 2 being taught by an international grad student who recited the book every class was fucking painful. I really expected more from a supposed prestigious research institution.

Defects of materials professor was wicked smart, could talk about defects and his research for days except everybody checked out halfway through the semester when lectures were fucking useless. Lectures seemed completely incoherent and disconnected. Shame since the material was pretty cool overall.

>> No.8595707

>>8595642
I have complained but now she just hates me and it seems nothing can be done.

>>8595649
According to another professor of mine, it's not. Some shady stuff has been happening with test scores. Idk what I can do...

>> No.8596034

>>8593134
I had an English professor who was very strict about the structure of her essays, she would dictate paragraph by paragraph what it was supposed to be, also offered no leeway with the prompts. Felt like I was in a non-AP high school class. She was also kind of a bitch in general, but not too bad.

>> No.8596055

>>8595686
That must've sucked especially since calc 2 is the hardest lower div math class

>> No.8596056

>>8595298
>>8595400
Based.

>>8595559
You win.

>> No.8596060

>>8593141

How is a professor at a dead end? They're an expert in their field

>> No.8596062

>>8595584
>>Class is dismissed when I dismiss you
?????????????
How does it normally work at your school?

>> No.8596113

Computer Science teacher was a nightmare

>second semester for computer science
>most important one because it's the foundation for every class after that

>teacher is a literal neckbeard spaz
>talks like a nerd would in 1970's
>never actually taught anything, would just ramble on about how much the school wanted to fire him.
>he would talk about an example of programming but we would never actually implement any of the actual coding in our assingments nor our tests

>final came, didn't know anything, wasn't his final.

>passed the class somehow with a C

>attend next semester class, fail extremely because I never learned very simple things such as methods, or other things.

>> No.8596307

>>8595494
>>8595519
You were a winner from a young age.

>> No.8596318

>>8593134
I heard one of my high-school teachers shit talking a student while said student was in the classroom. I also had a teacher in computer technology that obviously didn't give a shit about anything that was going on, since he just hung out in the back of the classroom and spouted shitty memes with the rest of the class. My chemistry teacher was so terrible at teaching her subject that literally half of my class failed the first test we had. Those are the worst ones that I can think of, but I also had a pretty cool Spanish teacher that played horror movies with Spanish dubs during class, that was nice.

>> No.8596352

Once had a teacher for half a year, who had zero authority:
>Classmates made fun of him, in front of him.
>They threw pencils at the board where he was writing.
>One girl wanted to pee in the sink during class. He protested lightly.
>One guy threw a rotten egg in front of him. I saw a tear in his eye.
>During winter, when he came out of the building, literally hundreds of snowballs at his direction.

During the snowball-chaos, he stood still, looked at everyone and went on. That hurt me.

>> No.8596381

>>8596352
That's fuckin hilarious

>> No.8596382

11th grade English class in Germany. Teacher couldn't speak English, made us write down one or two pages about the different tenses which we were already taught.
She told us once that she was an au pair in England but the family didn't have children (lucky for them) but dogs. We guessed that she leaned English from them...
We complained about her but it was said the they couldn't do anything without lots of extra work for everyone. But this teacher is only used in the 11th grade, 12th and 13th are different teachers that could teach...

>> No.8596386

Senior chem teacher at high school. Somehow the best and worst teacher I've ever had. Our exit results for high school were largely dependent on our grades relative to everyone else's in the class. This caused him to just tell us the information we needed but then he'd spend the rest of the lesson just on his laptop.

He'd help us if we asked questions but he'd just spend the first solid 30 minutes of our 70 minute lessons writing blocks of text on the board. Not only this, it was poorly written text. It was correct but very fluffy and often I'd be able to summerise a board's worth of text in three sentences. He did this on purpose to force us to rewrite out notes in a better way later. It separated the weak from the strong.

He was also kinda full of himself. It was very subtle. He tried to teach us that it wasn't about pure memorisation, you should learn to look deeper and learn the processes you're supposed to use and when to apply them (e.g. even though he didn't teach math, he'd say stuff like differentiating can be boiled down to three or four processes - power rule, chain rule, product rule and quotient rule).

I was a high achiever and I'd already learned these tricks he tried to teach us but he'd tell us about it in the silliest ways. "It's literally a theoretical construct" was a popular phrase of his. Luckily nobody caught onto what he was talking about in his long-winded lectures about how to be "a better student" and it was easily for me to remain on top. His oldest son was also in the year level above us and he'd tell us about how he'd teach his kid the same things. His kid was an extremely high achiever though, our grading system had levels within the A B C D E system. An A10 was the best, an A1 was the lowest A, a B10 was one step below an A1. The guy's son got A9s in 5 subjects and his dad never shut up about it (kid himself was cool).

And in our last few weeks he screamed that we're all "shit students", punched the wall and told us to get out.

>> No.8596388

>>8596386
His younger son also tried lecturing a friend of mine about politics. The kid was about 12. Also the father "didn't believe in birthdays" and one time smashed the oldest son's laptop in front of him because he wasn't trying hard enough or something.

>> No.8596394

My sister had a 7th grade teacher that liked to fap during class. She said he had a jar of Vaceline and you could watch everything shake when he did it. I didn't have him as my home room but everyone knew about it.

>> No.8596399

My art teacher because everyday I walk into her room she makes me want to jerk all over her desk and kill myself...

>> No.8596412

>>8593134
>Gen chem I
>Teacher is trying s new method where we work in groups to solve problems out of a book, and learn along the way
>class grades tank every exam
>Near end of semester
>working with my group trying to solve a problem and girl doesn't understand something
>Ask the professor for help and he keeps trying to explain it but can't get through
>tells her to move on
>proceeds to walk around the class flipping a switch blade open and closed, muttering shit to himself
>She asks for help again
>He bolts over and answers very fast
>Keeps asking for "What's the answer!" After explaining exactly how to do it
>she starts tearing up saying she doesn't kj
>rest of class is silent pretending to do work and watch out of fear
>he gets pissed, closes the switchblade, slams in the desk and makes the, thumb-to-neck kill yourself motion to her.
>walks away for a minute and comes back to pick up his name
>class ends 5min early
>next class is canceled
>She reported him and since he was tenured, had issues continuing the class
>they just passed everyone and either offered to let them take the class again for free next semester or move to the next class
>see him talking with someone outside a few days after, looking pissed again

Wew

>> No.8596426

>>8596394

What the actual fuck.

>> No.8596433

>>8596426
>>8596394
I fapped in the library one time and a week or so later people were talking about someone got caught doing the same thing but nobody had approached me so \_(ツ)_/

>> No.8596447

>>8593134
>be in a furryology lecture
>Professor comes in dressed as a scalie
Needless to say I took my fur suit somewhere else.

>> No.8596450

>>8596412
>Chemistry class
>See chem teacher crying after some students being mean
>"I will f***ing kill them"
>Begin having nightmares of a deranged chemistry teacher who blows up the school in frustration

I had to tell them to lay off to save my own skin...
F***ing chemistry majors man....
Such is a day in my psychotic life

0_0

>> No.8596451

>>8596433

Why did you jerk off in a library? At least you didn't do it in front of a bunch of kids as a figure of authority.

>> No.8596452

>>8593134
Math teacher in highschool had a gut and always accidentally wiped of the board with his belly for anyone had to chance to read it.

>> No.8596459

>>8596451
For the same reason anyone does it, horny dude.

>> No.8596463
File: 64 KB, 156x207, smug light.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8593134
Excluding short-term subs who just didn't care, probably my 8th grade replacement algebra teacher (original teacher was great but left halfway through because family emergency). She didn't actively irritate me the ways other teachers have, but she just had no idea what she was doing and even by middle school standards the kids didn't learn shit.

>mfw multiple students told me and her I should've taught the class instead

>>8593408
Can't speak with authority here, but my humanities requirement teachers were pretty annoying, and I'm fucking glad I didn't take some others from classes I've overheard.

>have to take non-lit humanities requirement
>intro to logic counts for that, take it because it's better than whatever else they had
>professor has weird smugness to her, gives a lot of forum assignments where you need to make a "realistic" application of formal logic and reply to others and discuss it
>lectures are utterly disconnected from the material, homework and exams, somehow she managed to screw up the dictionary example of a cut-and-dry subject
>like a third of the class got fed up with her shit and dropped
>she somehow forgot about at least one quiz grade I had and I had to notify her about it (it made the difference between a C and a B)

>> No.8596513

I'm probably the worst teacher I've ever had

>> No.8596523

Had a mandatory English 2 class for the gen. Ed credits. Though we would be reading novels or letters or speeches and writing based on that. Entire class was actually my introduction to tumblr feminism because the only topics we really touched were racism, passive racism, active racism, cultural appropriation, and white privilege.

>> No.8596553

>basic geomatics/GIS undergrad class
>prof is some PhD who never taught a class before
>gives the usual bullshit "I'm an open-minded person and there's nothing in the evaluations I give out that you have to know by heart"
>gives out truly insane amounts of work for an undergrad class (and I'm not one to whine about this kind of shit)
>have to spend the vast majority of free time in the lab
>people who struggle to learn how the mapping software works don't get any help whatsoever
>spends at least half an hour at the beginning of each class complaining about us
>once spent the whole class making elaborate excuses in response to minor criticism, I shit you not
>test questions just ask you to make lists of shit, make one minor mistake in only one of the elements and you get 0 in that test section

I heard he got booted just after the end of the semester but I was in geog for a year only so I'm not sure.

>> No.8596555

>>8593134
My math teacher had a ring that had a stone piramid on it,and every time we didn't give correct answers she would poke us with it.Feels good almost never got hit.

>> No.8596558

>>8595686
>bug eating turtle.jpg
wtf

>> No.8596562

>>8595559
I was complaining to my mum about black parents beating their children which is really backwards and barbaric and she said to me that in the 70s whites used to beat their kids even worse, that's why it got banned because they took it too far.

>> No.8596592

>>8595298
shame based societies function far better than guilt based societies. he was doing you shitheads a favor.

>> No.8596602

Professors that refuse to use modern teaching methods like a fucking microphone so that you can actually hear them.
Or professors that coerce you into buying their books.

>> No.8596613

Chemistry in school:

>here are all questions that will come in the next test
>learn them

Thats how she was "teaching" us
It was only 2 years tho, after that we luckily got a teacher that was explaining stuff instead of doing nothing

>> No.8596619

>>8596592
If you are motivated by shame alone, that means how others see you matters more to you than staying true to your own principles. It means that if you do perverted and dishonest things it's OK as long as you don't get caught.

It's shit-tier.

>> No.8596651

>>8593423
Fire can't freeze though

>> No.8596794

>>8596619
The same applies to guilt, and society will inevitably be based on it or shame.

>> No.8596805

>>8595289
Just cause he knew how to research doesn't mean he knew how to teach.

>> No.8596813

>>8595650
How do you fuck up meters and kilometers as a physics teacher? The fuck?

>> No.8596816

>>8596062
Students have other classes to attend... back to back?

>> No.8596820
File: 258 KB, 534x325, wildb_check.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8595239
Say hi to Wildberger for us

>> No.8596821

>>8595289
That's the problem. Almost every professor is hired not for their lecturing or teaching ability, but because they do good research.

>>8593134
I felt really bad for my high school physics teacher. I had him for three years in a row so I could take every physics class offered. It was sad because he really knew his stuff, but he had severe Parkinson's disease. For those who don't know, in severe forms, Parkinson's can lead to heavy fatigue, hunched and otherwise deteriorated muscles, and the obvious difficulty reading his jittery notes. He was extremely slow to move about the classroom and would often fall asleep in the middle of lecturing (middle of sentences, many times). He was notorious for turning in grades late because he would always give partial credit on free response (even on final exams). He slept at school more times than I could count. By the last year, about 20% of the time he was more than 15 minutes late to our 50 minute classes. I never knew what to think about that guy because on one hand, he's really not teaching us well and not doing his job, but on the other hand his wife was in the hospital and he had 2 kids in college.

>> No.8596837

>>8596821

Sweet Jesus man, poor guy.

>> No.8596953

>>8593134
My Optimization lecturer is so terrible. He just reads from the powerpoint slides in his monotonous voice, then gives us hard as fuck homework problems.

>> No.8596996
File: 1.93 MB, 320x454, IMG_0338.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8593134
>Highschool
>spanish 1
>first ever class in highschool
>fat as fuck
>sits at podium in middle of class
>doesn't speak
>literally sits and doesn't speak at all during some periods
>on occasion screams "SHUT UP"
>other times he doesn't do anything about it
>kids leave class to play basketball
>other just sleep
>some kids threw staples at his desk
>told a story once on where he wouldn't let a girl go to the bathroom, and she pissed herself during an exam, and he yelled at her to clean it up with her hoodie
>you can litereally cheat in the open during his exams
>be a goody two shoes and don't cheat, and get a C in the class
>one day, lacrosse buddy, Carlos, shit talks him sometimes
>he asks him, "Do you think you'll ever be fired from here?"
>He responds: "No Carlos, i've been at Westlake (High school) for a while, they can't fire me."
>Carlos replies, "Well, I got the yearbook, and your name isn't in it."
>Teacher is wide eyed a bit, but says "I'm sure it was just a mistake"
>MFW he gets fired at the end of the year
Rip in piss Mr. Hay, you were a shitty teacher, and probably shouldn't have been teaching anyway.

>> No.8597003
File: 111 KB, 637x814, 1484169193135.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mfw I know a math professor who's rather difficult to handle
>mfw I KNOW he's lurking /sci

I won't tell. He would know. But I know there are professors among us.

>> No.8597217

>>8595545
>a losers reasoning

The post

>> No.8597270
File: 484 KB, 2048x1536, DSC04316.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8596562
Not sure if trolling but that's basically correct. Corporal punishment was normal in schools, and getting a slap at home was not unusual.

What none of us realised was that even aside from Morris' particularly nasty perversion, the general background culture of physical punishment and random abuse at the school was much more extreme than most other schools at the time. Getting punched hard in the shoulder by Billy Knight if your gym kit wasn't perfect, and lots of kids weren't, every time; getting slippered across the ass for any number of things by a range of teachers; or Sam Wilkinson's sawn-off cricket bat. If you've been educated in recent years where corporal punishment has been outlawed in schools, you might think I'm making this up, but it's just how it was. Miserable place, took all the joy out of learning for me.

Pic related, the chemistry lab, Morris' domain and the back room. I have another pic of the other end of the room with a fucking crucifix on the wall. Hypocritical monster.

>> No.8597273

>>8597003
Who's that semen demon!??

>> No.8597286

I had a Haitian calculus professor my first semester of freshman year.
He barely spoke English, was at least 75 years old, and refused to use any kind of technology.
Most of the class was him telling stories about his childhood in Haiti and trying to connect it to the things we were learning in class, when really there was absolutely zero relationship between those things.
The best part is that half way through the semester he decided to abandon calculus and instead gave us twelve page algebra and geometry equations mixed into logic puzzles that didn't really follow any actual kind of logical sense. I'm not sure how to even properly describe them, but they were impossible to finish because they relied on the professor's personal cipher that he'd created with a mix of misspelled English words and paragraphs in French (I live in the US, no one but him spoke French in that room)
I'd try to find them so I could post pictures, because honestly I wouldn't believe it if someone told me, but these were single questions based only around algebra and geometry, with an occasional simple derivative question thrown in that took up entire packets of twelve pages.
The students thought he was kidding at first. I'm still in disbelief as to how this was allowed to exist in a first world university.
Our TA was some awkward, 30 year old balding guy with what little hair he had going half way down his back. He was a huge autist with a really high, squeaky voice and would visibly sweat whenever someone would talk to him for an extended period of time. He tried as hard as he could to help the students out and actually teach us calculus like the class was supposed to, he'd even given us worksheets he printed out that contained what we were supposed to be learning every week, but there was only so much he could do.
Only time I've ever failed a class in my life, I almost lost my financial aid for good just because of that semester, and now I'm very careful about what professors I take.

>> No.8597298

>>8593134
Been lucky overall but there was this one prof in a composition class I took. She was tenured, didn't care, and in all honesty managed to be an absolutely atrocious writer, despite having a doctorate from some prestigious black university.

She was also a massive sadist that derived pleasure in grilling students over their writing in front of the whole class.

I ended up being a massive cuck and just copied everything she told me to do, so I ended up with an A

But in reading the papers, they were jumbled with odd deviations, and I'd prefer a C in hindsight for telling her to shove it instead.

>> No.8597327
File: 38 KB, 600x600, IMG_3485.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be me
>first year in high school
>first physics class
>hot 28yo teacher but but autistic as fuck
>doesn't teach shit in class because she over complicates shit
>tell her I want to be a physicist
>suddenly she takes interest in me
>have private lectures at her place
>learned lots of shit that helped me a lot in college
>one day while I was solving a problem she puts her hand on my dick
>insta boner
>we fucked several times
>got her pregnant (yeah I was stupid and didn't use condom)
>she aborts and I get mad as fuck
>she was fired later on because she was a shit high school teacher
Nevertheless I think I own her a lot for having success in my career.

>> No.8597334

>>8597327
nicefantasy/10

i bet ur cock is 10 inches as well

>> No.8597339

Not really a bad teacher but I had a biology teacher that was hot as hell. I would be popping boners during class and couldn't focus. Ended up getting a B in the class though.

>> No.8597351

>>8597334
Actually it happened. I know you guys don't believe it, but I had to tell this to someone. Maybe I should try those vent thread in /adv/

>> No.8597353

>>8595559
>>8597270

> chemistry teacher

But the picture you posted is from the Physics Lab.
http://www.saoba.org/the-college/old-college-photos/

Are you lying on the internet, anon?

>> No.8597358

>>8597339
And she got the D xD

I'm already ashamed because of this cheap one...

>> No.8597364

>>8596352
Did she actually do it? kek

>> No.8597390

>>8596412
>they just passed everyone and either offered to let them take the class again for free next semester or move to the next class

...Are you going to an actual, accredited university?

>> No.8597397

>>8597390
ya

>> No.8597441

>>8597286

You are a loser

>> No.8597443

>>8597353
Memory could be dodgy, but iirc the rooms were similar. I'd assumed this pic was the other end of the pic which is labelled chemistry lab in your link, and my copies aren't labelled. Thank you for your comment, I will now go and flog myself out of Catholic guilt.

>> No.8597481

>1st year physics undergrad.
>Mathematics lecturer was insane.
>Make weird screeching noises with his mouth whenever he rubbed something out on the board.
>Spent two weeks giving us the proof for differentiation we'd been using for years.
>Set vague, poorly worded assessed problems.
>Went into random tangents about crystallography during vector work.
Given we all already knew everything he was teaching, it's a testament to his 'skill' that we all felt we had somehow learned less than anything during his course.

>> No.8597492

>>8593134
really any instructor who isnt tenured or atleast an assistant professor.

I took an elective course in the 100s division, and she made it very clear that just because its an intro low level elective, doesnt mean it's not a college course.

>discussion boards
>daily required hand raises
>weekly essays 5 pages long
>daily homework
>required office visits
>6 exams
>late policy is "u l8 u fail"
>no one gets an A
>automatic point deductions on homework because "no one is perfect"

They have to try so hard to validate themselves teaching ethics101 or whatever

>> No.8597505
File: 383 KB, 2048x1368, 20100414210212!La_danse_(I)_by_Matisse.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Took Art Appreciation last semester and the """professor""" more or less made it up and she went. She'd look at the art and, at that moment, "interpret" it, then present it to the class as fact. One moment stands out in my mind when we were looking at some abstract painting of some naked ladies dancing in a circle, and she turns to the class and says "and its not known if these are women or men", then after glancing back at the painting and noticing the very obvious spheres on their chests, "oh I guess they're women". The class, for her, was really just a platform to push her garbage art

It really pissed me off that as a cock sucking EE, I had a much better understanding of art history. I corrected her a lot at first (non-autistically), but eventually just gave up. I was really bitter that I had to pay for something like this, but kinda settled with how surreal the whole thing was. Bums me out that most of those fresh-faced freshman seemed to gobble it all up, though

>> No.8597526

>>8596794
Those things I said don't apply to guilt. Guilt isn't about how you look in front of others, it's about how you feel about something you did, whether it was in public or private.

>> No.8597528

>>8597505
the problem with ologies and art are that things don't need to be provable. you only need a slight majority to agree on something, ostracize the rest, and suddenly it's the consensus of the ologists

>> No.8597529

>>8597505
>american (((engineering)))

>> No.8597540

>>8597505
>studying EE
>HAVE TO TAKE CLASSES LIKE 'Art Appreciation'

Makes you think about US education

>> No.8597604

I had a Physics professor when I was doing a prep. course for University, i was going to study Electronic Engineering.

Me and some other guys had the same doubt about how to solve a problem, we asked him and he replied "You people are going to be Engineers, you're supposed to know how to solve this".

End of the day, he never wanted to answer us how to solve it nor he didn't even give us a headstart.

A few months after that (I was already in, passed all the tests) i found out this professor wasn't even and Engineer yet, he was just another student who was like 1 or 2 years to finishing the career and become an actual engineer.

I don't know, people who don't like to teach shouln't be teaching.

>> No.8597673

Ochem prof:
>never lectures except to tell us how great meditation is
>gives us packets and tells us to work in groups through the packet during lecture
>homework is some shitty online thing that cost $50 with super easy problems but you still get points off because you didn't input the answer the way it wanted it

First year electricity & magnetism:
>homework was vocab definitions definitions, with 1-2 very easy problems
>mostly graded on handwriting and whether or not you wrote it in LaTeX
>lecture was mostly him talking about birdwatching

He doesn't teach first year physics anymore. Most of us coming in to be physics majors switched to math or chem that year.

Both of them have tenure.

Also, a lot of people hate this guy but I loved him. Math prof, taught real analysis, diff eqs and math logic.
>alcoholic, always had modelo in his office
>tells all his students that he spent his entire life regretting his PhD in math (got it at harvard too)
>two assignments per semester, one due at midterm one at the end. Random collection of problems. First one was always memorize the Greek alphabet. He didn't test you on it, you just had to tell him you finished
>didn't care about the elegance of a proof, you could code something and write a page long explanation of why it proves whatever theorem and he would accept it
>spent half of mathematical logic deviating into whether or not god exists
>never gave us his opinion

He's retired now.

>> No.8597687

>>8597441
Sup Andrew

>> No.8597701

>>8597526
yes, and shame based societies are strong because they ensure conformity. what you feel guilty about will be completely different than what others will feel guilty about, so you end up with shitheads that do as they please because there is little that makes them feel guilty.

you can take your hippie new age stay true to yourself bullshit and shove it up your ass. i'd rather be in a society like japan (shame based) when disaster strikes than one like the US (guilt based.)

>> No.8597709

>>8597298
>prestigious black university
lmao

>> No.8597731

>university hires world leading graphene prof, one of the most cited guys in the field
>gets him to teach first year matter physics course
>he redesigns the course and includes a bunch of relativistic quantum shit
>he has an accent thicker than lead and every lecture is an incoherent mess
>university bombarded with complaints and the lecturer is replaced weeks before the end of term by a guy tasked with teaching a semester's worth of work in a few weeks
>exam is easy as shit, score 100%
worked out in the end lads

>> No.8597743

>>8593423
>I thought it was a decent question because I don't think anyone has ever asked it before since it's kind of ridiculous.
You are astoundingly dumb.

>> No.8597749

>>8597298
Howard Uni or some meme shit huh

>> No.8597751

It was a programming class in C++. This was something required for my degree but never had experience in. Professor was hard to follow, but hell I didn't know anything to begin with, so I was kind of use to the experience to begin with. The issue I had would is he would scold you if he though you were not paying attention. He would regularly call on me and I just never could answer anything just because I was lost. About half way through semester it finally all clicked and I started to understand the subject, would help others out who didn't catch on, wouldn't give them the answer but explained what was needed to happen in homework. We were working probably an hour after class explaining this, he comes by and scolds me again for explaining a lesson to my friends.I came out of that class with a B, would have been an A if I caught onto the lessons quicker. Took me 5 years later to figure out I actual like programming, but he had me hating anything to do with the subject for the longest time.

>> No.8597755

>>8597731
>>university hires world leading graphene prof, one of the most cited guys in the field
>>gets him to teach first year matter physics course
kek

>> No.8597759

>>8597751
As another late-bloomer who recently discovered an interest in programming, how's it working out for you now?

>> No.8597766

An Italian chemistry teacher (I live in the UK) who couldn't speak English very well.

One day he tried explaining to use about the distance of electrons orbiting from the nucleus, and he had to explain it with hand gestures and metaphors. Thank god it was written down in our text books.

>> No.8597773

im only going through my second year of undergrad but my complex analysis prof made the exam worth 80% and I'm scared :(
2 midterms worth 10% each.

>> No.8597783

>>8597759
Im still a novice myself, what gave me interest back into the subject was when I started working my supervisor was heavily into it. He wrote this program that would basically pull and push information into a database, do calculations of feature of work, etc.. Made my job quite easy. He also would take the time to teach us somethings, which is where I started to develop interest again. At this point I am good enough to look at code and figure out where a bug is and fix it. But not anywhere near being able to write my own code from scratch.I am still pushing to get to a decent level in development.

Career wise, programming is not my top priority in my responsibilities, however it was what set me apart enough where I turned from a contract employee to a permanent one with a good title. To give you an idea of retention rate the project I worked for, there were about 16 temp employees in my position, at the end of the contract I was one of 2 they kept.

>> No.8597785

>>8596452
I chuckled

>> No.8597797

>>8596513
That's pretty deep, man

>> No.8597819

>>8595677
>Chinese sub who literally couldn't speak English because she was arrested for tax fraud
Wat?

>> No.8597828

>>8597766
>Italian chemistry teacher
>he had to explain it with hand gestures

Holy kek

>> No.8597863

>>8597540
You know they do this so that you autists aren't AS autistic, right?

Nobody is going to talk to a fucking math major. If you are forced to take classes that influence some sort of social action, though, maybe you'd be less autismo

>> No.8597864

>>8597751
>tfw took c++ programming class
>fucked up on exams because you have to write out programs and can't check them with a compiler
I can write programs, why the hell do I have to be perfect on the first try? The whole point of programming is to use a compiler.

>> No.8597866

>>8595239
Why?

>> No.8597869

>>8597864
It also helps you when you program on paper in exams. Because on a PC, you could test your program and notice some minor mistake. Then you take all the time needed to fix this mistake and the rest of the problem isn't solved.

>> No.8597870

ITT: brainlets that need teachers to learn

>> No.8597902

>>8595289
>"that's because you're too dumb"

well she's not wrong

>> No.8597915

>>8593134
A geography teacher was once talking about how we need perpetual economic growth, so I asked how can that be possible on a planet with finite resources. She told me stop being an idiot.

I-i-I'm a Phd student now bitch!!!

>> No.8597929

Strang

>> No.8597938

>>8597915
>Believes we have finite resources in the practical sense
l m a o

>> No.8597966

>>8597915
>She told me stop being an idiot.
>I-i-I'm a Phd student now bitch!!!
she was right.

>> No.8597974

>biochem teacher
>heavily pregnant but tries to run the class anyway
>breaks her leg second week of semester
>posts cliff notes and slide show online as a substitute for lectures
>misses the next 5 weeks
>comes back for 2 weeks
>lol maternity leave

Women should be banned.

>> No.8597988

>>8597974
T.women hating autist

>> No.8597991

>>8597988
>T

>>>/r/eddit

>> No.8597997

>>8597938
Will these real number fags ever learn?

>> No.8598000

>>8597991
>Doesn't know that t. Is a /pol/ meme

>> No.8598002

>>8597938
Put forth an argument for how we don't, instead of memeing kid.

>> No.8598003

>>8598000
>doesn't know that it's actually from /int/

>>>/r/the_donald

>> No.8598008

>>8593134
Never had a truly terrible college professor, but as a Kid I had 3 teachers who I feel shouldn't have ever been allowed to teach.
4th Grade Elementary School Teacher: Hated kids, hated teaching, wasn't good at teaching and spent the whole school year talking about her daughter (Who from what she said seemed to be a wholly unremarkable high school student.)
6th Grade Math/Science/PE Teacher. An incompetent bitch. She sucked at teaching and she never graded any assignments. The rare assignments that were graded were done by parents who she talked into doing that part of her job for her. Of course she wouldn't have the parents come into grade anything until a month after the assignment had been turned in and she'd given everyone a zero. She also gave me detentions for reading in class. Bitch had a raging hard on for laser discs and devoted nearly a month of PE classes to dancing to Cha Cha Slide.

Junior Year Math teacher: He made fun of students in front of the class and would than brag about that to his other classes. He was unwilling to make any accommodations for students that needed help or were behind and was just unprofessional in general.

>> No.8598010

>>8598003
>doesn't know it's actually from krautchan
>>>/r/eddit

>> No.8598013

>>8597870
>tfw books are just paper teachers
>tfw forever a brainlet

>> No.8598016

>>8598010
>doesn't know it's actually from ylilauta
>>>/t/umblr

>> No.8598064

>>8593134
First year of Uni, the lecturer brought in to teach Fluid Dynamics. Did her PhD on it; but she couldn't teach for fucking shit; seems to be the case with researchers.

Thick Arabian accent that I could not understand(probably just a fault of mine due to not being familiar with anything but rural accents) , never wrote anything down, repeated everything written on the slides word for word, seemed to over explain a concept to the point where I just got bored and missed when the subject finally proceded, and somehow made the physics of planes seem boring.

>> No.8598077

Grade 11, Advanced Mathematics

Only 6 of us took the subject so we got lumped in with the grade 12s. Room had two boards, grade 12s faced the front while we faced the back.

Seemed to be focused 60/40 in their favour, teacher would constantly start the 70 minute lesson by starting with them. When he was focusing on us he was always jitter and at one stage he got a sample problem teaching us some concept but got it completely wrong, crossed it out, gave us an apology and said he needed to get back to the grade 12s.

Poor bastard, was probably overstressed the entire year, which was why he probably didn't teach us for grade 12, and it was on the system of not having adequent expenseses for an Advanced Maths class for just 6 people, but still that class was fucked.

>> No.8598090

>>8598064
If you can't understand her how do you know she read the slides word for word?

>> No.8598093

>>8598016
>>8598010
>>8598003
>>8598000
>>8597991
>>8597988
I don't know where it's from but it's not from here.

>>>/gtfo/

>> No.8598099

>>8597286
>calculus
Isn't that a high-school subject?

>> No.8598146

Math Ph.D student here
My master degree advisor was my professor in my first Algebraic Geometry course, and as a teacher he was awful af:
- Monotone voice
- Gave tons of homework (cuz he always thinks that you have 30 hours a day SOLELY dedicated to his course)
- Everytime he tried to motivate us into alg. geometry it made thinks worse, and I don't know
- Used Hartshorne (good encyclopedia of algebraic geometry but bad book for learning)
As an advisor he was really supportive and I'm grateful 4 that, actually my current thesis is about alg. geometry but a lot of my classmates ended up hating the subject bc of his teaching

>> No.8598411

>>8596996

Vaya mierda de profesor.

>> No.8598435

>>8595298
I would call him a manlet to his face.

>> No.8598437

>>8595559
Heres your (you)

>> No.8598441

>>8597003

How do you know he lurks in /sci/? Sounds really suspicious.

>> No.8598466

>>8598146
>grateful 4 that,
>alg. geometry
>bc of his teaching
Do you pay your internet connection 5 pence a character that it makes you write like a retard?

>> No.8598481

>>8593134
I had this piano teacher, it was a college course and I enrolled in basic piano because I wanted to learn. Most of my peers were really, really retarded at piano. I think the bulk of them had never touched an instrument in their lives. I already had futzed about on piano, and cello and trumpet and had composed simple music, so I was way ahead of the class, but still an idiot at piano.

The first time we had to perform in front of the class, I forgot the sheet music. I could play it fine from memory, but the teacher waiting until I started performing to insult me, called me an idiot for forgetting the music, and made me go back to my seat. I'm beta and shy by nature so this was incredibly embarrassing.

She was a cunt, and I never went back, and never learned piano either. I blame her.

>> No.8598625

German teacher.
Full marks on everything, literally impossible to get below an A* for me.

When my results were mailed to me I had a 0 for multiple pieces of coursework.

So I was either disqualified from certain parts but I wasn't because the school and parents would've been informed.

Or the dumb bitch just didn't submit my coursework properly, turns out other kids apparently had the same issue with certain pieces of work just being awarded a 0 mark.

She was the head of the language faculty so nothing happened to her.

>> No.8598659

>>8597390
University of Washington
There were about 18 students enrolled

>> No.8598670

>>8595359
Ha Dutch PhD student in France here, I'm going to fuck up TDs this semester eveb though I explicitly demanded TPs so I wouldn't need to talk as much.

Your education system should be more open to English speaking in class though, that way you can profit more from foreign researchers sharing their knowledge.

>> No.8598679 [DELETED] 

>>8598466
>writing like a retard
I don't give a fuck, mr. grammar nazi

>> No.8598825

>>8596352
do you live in the jungle?

>> No.8599136

>>8593134
There's a professor in my college who is an fucking faggot. Some student called him an asshole and he agreed in front of the whole class"yes, I'm an asshole".
In another semester a few students cut his car's tires.
In another semester during a test a student asked "Can I leave the Fourier indicated?" (It wasn't a calculus test, just signals and systems)
Professor: "Yes, you can."
Everybody in the class who let the Fourier indicated and didn't solve it received zero in the questions. Later when the students went to say he said they could let it indicated he said "I said you could but I didn't say it was correct."

>> No.8599298

>>8599136

> "I said you could but I didn't say it was correct."

Completely BTFO.

>> No.8599311

>>8598441
I bet he tells jokes about gay engineers ant suddenly shouts "-1/12 KEK!!!" during lectures.

>> No.8599313

>>8596060
i think he's talking about high school, hence the "pre-university"

>> No.8599331
File: 152 KB, 333x333, Hugo-Christenson.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8595289
don't tell me you had this guy? he did exactly that almost word for word

>> No.8599345

>>8595484
Who would I complain to? He's my academic advisor and the head of my major's program.

>> No.8599348

>>8599136
That guy sounds awesome. Too bad you're too much of an Achmed to appreciate him.

>> No.8599351
File: 104 KB, 577x1024, IMG_2796.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>in o chem II
>prof fresh out of Cambridge with her PhD doing pharmaceutical research
>she is very knowledgable
>too knowledgable
>introduces a concept to us
>uses insanely difficult examples
>all of the fucking examples are gigantic pharmaceutical drug molecules and involve intramolecular interactions
>just use some god damn simplified examples ffs
>never graded exams on time
>cancelled multiple lectures
>rescheduled multiple lectures

Imagine youre learning about something simple like Diels Alder for the first time, but instead of something nice and clean like an interaction between a simple diene and cyclohexene, you get multi ring structure that takes 5 minutes to draw, and the pushing arrowd are flying all around a fucking chair structure will all sorts of shit on it. It wad totally disorienting.

It was a nightmare for me and I felt terrified that I would fail. Im not a chem major so im sure plenty of you would find it doable, but the class majorly needed to be dumbed down, nobody wound up learning anything. She had a reputation that I ignored when I registered, what a mistake. Still passed though.

Pic related, its one of her fucking problems.

>> No.8599362

>>8599136
Tbqh that one is on you, nobody I know would leave it at that and not ask a less vague question.

>> No.8599363

>>8599136
>I said you could but I didn't say it was correct
Ahahahaha wow.

>> No.8599367

>>8599351
What's hard about pic related? You're no longer in high school. You should know how to use your eyes.

>> No.8599372

>>8599367
Im glad you think its easy, faggot. You may have missed the part where I said the professor cancelled multiple lectures and lectured like total trash. Not just that, the nitrogen forming that four member ring intermediate thing is fucking beyond me, we never learned anything like that.

With that problem I could basically get to that point, then id get fucked.

>> No.8599517

>>8593134
This is from the last year, she was our math teacher and every fucking time that my class was in complete silence she thought we were speaking, and she starts to scream ''shut up!'' before every word, and not only we were in silence, when we were asking or just talking about the class she will scream, we couldn't learn well everthing, I think she probably had some kind of ''nervous'' problem.

>> No.8599555

>>8598466

easy boy he has a PhD in math not english with a specialisation in grammar. He is smart you know.

>> No.8599564

>>8597526
There is no guilt without morality and no morality without your thinking about how you affect others. You feel guilt when you think you did something bad to someone you love, you feel shame when you feel your pride justifiably hurt. Anyway, in the end it is more about using different definitions than about actually discussing something.
And as >>8597701 said, cut that hippie bullcrap

>> No.8599604

My entire school career up until college consisted of teachers who ranged from apathetic to abusive; actively insulting students to humiliate them publicly for no real reason while also being actual SJWs (frequently going on ramblings about MUH WHITE MALE PRIVILEGE, the kind /pol/ always strawmans) who would also angrily, audible mutter /pol/-tier shit about jews, in a public school no less .Some would also send you to the purgatory known as the principal's office every day for weeks should you rub them the wrong way. You sat in the office literally all day doing nothing. These teachers always picked a handful of kids that could do whatever the fuck they wanted and another handful that will face the unending wrath of these cunts on a daily basis, administration gave absolutely no fucks about this, in highschool they'd do the same thing as the teachers. I had one kid constantly talk shit (loud profanity and across the room) about me during class loudly, teacher never did anything, one day I told him to go fuck himself and got suspended for a week.

I'm not a spiteful person by any means but I wish horrible things onto these abusive cunts. Once I realized how fucked up my childhood was I did everything in my power to never become what these "people" have
There were some teachers who actively went out of their way to help students, frequently did nice things for and actually [successfully] reasoned with students disrupting class or otherwise bisbehaving rather than just punishing and yelling.

The cunt teachers were always female, the bro ones were also male, go figure.
/blog

>> No.8599608

>>8599604
Also I'm aware how this doesn't flow well, typing on small window

>> No.8599615

my fucking comm 100 teacher in community college

Divorced middle aged bitch who was full of herself and outspoken about her dumb beliefs

>> No.8599619

history teacher in college had to sub for this other guy who was my fav at the last second so he literally just read from the book

>> No.8599637

>>8597915
She was right lmao

>> No.8599639

>>8595400
>tfw my thermodynamics teacher was a top tier qt
>tfw she was also a really good teacher

https://www.instagram.com/tallita_nunes/?hl=pt-br

>> No.8599653

>>8593141
I've recently experienced this
>EE
>2nd year math
>professor is a fat fuck with anger control problems
>always smells of strong tobacco
>ridicules students when they ask something
>notes are all hand written and illegible, probably written and scanned 20 years ago
>lets us have all the notes and papers we want during the exam
>exam problems are mostly taken out from his notes and solved problems
>everybody passes

That man ran out of fucks a long time ago. I heard he got in trouble when his evaluation practices where put into question. I remember he passed a student after giving him a couple of problems to solve in front of him at the end of the semester, he solved them correctly and pulled an arbitrary mark out of his arse.
Sorry for my broken English.

>> No.8599669

>>8597988
This place is not meant for you. Your kind is no welcome here. Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>> No.8599675

>>8595172
La mia era così, e pure comunista :(

>> No.8599702

>>8599669
Go back to /r9k/ you cancer. /sci/ people are smart normies because most autismal retards fail out or fail to network and get a job.

>> No.8599711

>>8596352
Lol what year?

>> No.8599726

>>8593134
1st year linear algebra professor was really bad. He spoke really low so it was hard to understand what he was saying, he used weird notation, he spent no time introducing concepts, proofs written on the board were very confusing so notes basically meant nothing

>> No.8599782

1st year calculus professor was very nice, but could not teach. She'd rapidly show us struggling first years brand new concepts with minimal introduction then smile and nod and move on.

>> No.8599788
File: 34 KB, 493x276, 1475206881678.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8599136
>I said you could but I didn't say it was correct

>> No.8599816

>>8599788
fuckin hilarious
academic spergs btfo

>> No.8599827
File: 70 KB, 500x375, 1465615725148.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8599604
>school career

retard

>> No.8599880

>>8598437
Wut?

>> No.8599885

>>8598481
Damn that sucks. It's never too late though.

>> No.8599890

a serbian or croatian guy who taught number theory. he would read word for word from the textbook, even writing the examples from the textbook on the board (wtf).
the book fucking sucked too.

>> No.8599891

>>8599653
Pretty much perfect English. I'd only suggest 'called into question' rather than 'put'.

>> No.8600145

>>8599372
>the nitrogen forming that four member ring intermediate thing is fucking beyond me, we never learned anything like that.
You claim to have learnt DA, but also claim to not know a cycloaddition when it's right in front of your face? wtf

>> No.8600152

>>8593134
Maxim Ivanov at McMaster University.
Unintelligble accent.
Poor grading scheme (forced curve).
Terrible lecturer.
A cunt.

>> No.8600160

>>8593134
Grad math teacher for real analysis. Just stood there and waited for questions every single class.

>> No.8600332

>>8595532
>Treated him like garbage
>Awful human being
You were one of those shit kids and you don't want to admit it. Kill yourself

>> No.8600335

>>8593134

A dude from MIT, my differential equations prof., just copy/pasted from the text book. He was completely useless as a teacher.

>> No.8600407

>>8593134
I think this story sums her up pretty well.
We arrived at the classroom a few minutes before her, and there was a sign on the door written in a black fine liner that said "Mrs fjdnei's period 1 class to G4." My friend pulled out a yellow highlighter and turned the 1 into a 4 by completing it, and crossed the teacher's name out and wrote this teacher's name above it.
The teacher waddled up the ramp to the class, saw the sign, and we had our class in G4.

To clarify those signs are left on the door by teachers moving their own class to help stragglers find the room, and are never directed to use a class with one of these signs.

>> No.8600498

Oh, and once my math teacher who is by all means a great guy, told my class we were why he drinks. He also put onto a math test a question which still is fucking with me because it's not a math question.
"Alfred has always thought he was a round peg in a square hole. Nichola said she thinks he's more of a square peg in a round hole. Should Alfred be insulted? Explain mathematically. He also had one specific answer for this question with no options for interpretation, so if you took it in a different direction than he did you got zero.

>> No.8600505

>>8600498

I am waiting for the punchline.

>> No.8600521

>>8600505
He had none. His answer was about the proportion a square peg would take up in a round hole, and vice versa.
Oh another one, a teacher disappeared mid year with his wife who was also a teacher and we were told that he had gone to Queensland for a family emergency. Thing was his son was still at the school. It's become commonly accepted that he fucked one of the students in his car.

>> No.8600540

>>8600521
>It's become commonly accepted that he fucked one of the students in his car.
Bio Prof here.
I've literally fucked one of my students in the lab several times, sometimes just minutes after everyone else leaves.

>> No.8600590

>>8600540

You're a shitty prof.

Also, post pics.

>> No.8600630

>>8600498
>His answer was about the proportion a square peg would take up in a round hole, and vice versa.
I would have got it right then because that's immediately what I assumed he was talking about.

>> No.8600703
File: 276 KB, 325x659, 1483111382377.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8599675
italiani su /sci/ weeee

>> No.8600720

>>8597701
got any book/article that expands on this distinction?

>> No.8600747

>>8600720
never mind, found it

>> No.8600971
File: 8 KB, 323x241, aragorn.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8596352
>One guy threw a rotten egg in front of him. I saw a tear in his eye.

Fucking hell.

>> No.8601141

>>8600747
Would you mind to share the name?

>> No.8601184

>>8597673
>homework is some shitty online thing that cost $50 with super easy problems but you still get points off because you didn't input the answer the way it wanted it
Sapling?

>> No.8601195

>>8601141
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chrysanthemum_and_the_Sword

>> No.8602656

>>8598090
Have you ever heard a death metal song while reading the lyrics?

I bet you can't understand a single word coming from the singer but you can kind of follow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Otq37hQAu0

>> No.8602662

>>8597863

> taking intrapersonal communications
> it's one of those required humanities classes
> never do anything but sit in silence while the teacher makes these dubious/made up/bullshit/ambiguous assertions about "life" in general
> also had to watch "my big fat greek wedding" and "castaway" were he pauses every 5 minutes to point out the symbolism
> the whole time I'm just pissed I have to be there

how is this helping my autism?

if they really wanted to help me out they could put me in a mandatory class with some girls and then just make us work together a lot

>> No.8602690

>>8599653

pretty based desu

>> No.8602865

>>8596382
>But this teacher is only used

The damage has not yet been fixed, I see.

>> No.8602907

>>8593134
>be me
>be sophomore at uni
>have to take retarded GE classes because apparently AP scores meant nothing to my school
>In an English writing coarse
>supposed to be about Southern United States lit
>instructor was a young grad student working on PhD
>spent the whole class period ranting about how corrupt the university and administrative staff are
>complains that he doesn't get paid enough the whole time
>never had a set lecture or set of notes for the class
>showed up skunk drunk in class on multiple occasions(class started at 9 AM)
>sometimes he would show up wearing wrinkled shirts or his clothes on inside out
>canceled class because he was "sick" about ten times
>missed an entire week of class before one of our papers were due any didn't contact us at all
>never responded to emails
>never graded anything
>supervisor from the English department came in the last day of classes saying they haven't been able to contact him, and he hadn't submitted any grades
>had to forward all of the work we did in class to her so she could put grades in for the class
>basically rewrote the grade distributions for the class
>still got a fucking A in it despite not reading anything and doing every paper the night before it was due

English classes are the biggest fucking jokes ever

>> No.8602917

I had to take a microeconomics class to fulfill a req, my prof was actually a really good teacher but I quickly realized that almost every other word out of his mouth was "umm." One time I tallied em up and got to 80 something before I quit.

>> No.8602952

>>8597863
that's a load of shit. i hated all my gen ed courses and took what fit my schedule, not what i liked. not that there was anything interesting to choose from.

in one of them i received a B because the cunt professor claimed he doesn't "grade mathematically." i asked why the B since my gram comes out to a low A? and he said because even though i got an A on 4 of the exams, i had a high C on the first one which means i get a solid B.

>>8602662
>if they really wanted to help me out they could put me in a mandatory class with some girls and then just make us work together a lot
fucking this. the only class i had like that was when i took some bullshit gen eds at a community college in the summer for easy As. the group i ended up in was just me and four other girls. unfortunately, since it was community college they were all short fat hispanic women.

>> No.8603085
File: 295 KB, 700x700, 9kmzc8f[1].gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My freshman high school biology teacher was both the best and worst teacher i ever had

>nice guy, probably about 30 years old at the time, starting to go bald but not a bad looking guy by any means
>pleasant, highly-knowledgeable, could make biology actually interesting to learn about

I was elated, took to spending time with him after school to learn about biology, talk to him, was the closest thing i ever had to a friend in high school due to being a total introvert

>one day, he comes up behind me while I'm rinsing out a petri dish and slips his hand down my pants
>wat
>stand there awkwardly for like 5 minutes while he jerks me off and kisses my neck, grinding his boner into my ass
>have the most confusing orgasm of my life all over the sink
>he then eats out my asshole for a few minutes and then wound up fucking me up the ass over his desk using mineral oil as lube
>kinda hurts at first, but i start liking it after a few minutes
>after he came, he suddenly got all flustered and teared up and apologized to me, i felt bad and told him it was okay

Wound up fooling around with him for the rest of the year, then he suddenly cut off contact with me and got married a few months later

>tfw you learned about biology but now you're a faggot who can only feel attracted to men

>> No.8603104

>>8597273
Pepe

>> No.8603115

>>8593141
I've had a lot of uni lecturers like that. Some of them would spend half the lecture moaning about being unappreciated, and how they could be making so much more money "in industry".

>> No.8603223

>>8603085
>/sci/ - homosexual encounters

>> No.8603246

>>8596352
This was an """"urban"""" school, right?

>> No.8603258

>>8603223
It was weird, I was too young and naive to understand how fucked up it was, and too happy to have someone that cared for me to see how that emotion was being exploited to satisfy his desires.

I can't quite hate him for doing it, partially because i did wind up really enjoying it. The forbidden aspect of what we were doing was kind of intoxicating. Back then,. being gay was a really negative thing, in hindsight I'm surprised people didn't accuse me of it, i was very slim and had longish hair and a round face. They went more for calling me a nerd.

>> No.8603268

>>8595289
most universities will force researchers to teach as well even if they can't

>> No.8603274

>>8603258
>/sci/ - Freud's wet dream

>> No.8603322

>>8602662
>if they really wanted to help me out they could put me in a mandatory class with some girls and then just make us work together a lot
What an inhumane thing to inflict on those girls. You are truly top shelf autistic.

>> No.8603602

>>8602865
Adverbs are placed between auxiliary verb and main verb, at least according to their Cambridge dictionary...

>> No.8603746

>>8603085
>can't get some jailbait
>settles for a skinny faggot with long hair
lmao

i've always felt that male high school teachers are either pederasts or fuck ups. here's a fuck up story about one that was some social science teacher, i think he taught a civics class but don't quite remember.

>in his late 20s/early 30s
>was a lawyer
>quit because it wasn't his calling and became a teacher
>still had law school loans he was paying
>would hang out in hallways to talk to students during passing periods, i.e. trying to be the hip teacher
>one day we were playing jeopardy to study for an exam
>have to pick team names
>convince the ditzy mexican girl on our team to name us the towelheads
>snort and smile when she tells him the name
>guy explodes and start screaming at me
>next day in class he apologizes and asks if we're cool

>> No.8604046

>>8603085
>>>/hm/ with the homework threads

>> No.8604247

>>8595150
I did a network analysis class (no credits just extra stuff). The prof was already retired but kept giving these courses for whatever reason. He refused to let us use R Studio and insisted that we completely start over each day to "memorize" it better. It wasn't fucking hard and it took literally 15 minutes to type all the same shit in near the end.

Also "now we're gonna type ls() to have a look at our environment!" about 100 times per session.

Apart from that he was really chill though and I liked the course. I kind of just like complaining yo

>> No.8604261

>>8596062
for real? To what kind of university do you go? I can leave any class, any lecture etc. whenever the fuck I want with no consequences. There is no rule to be there, you only have to get your shit done.

>> No.8604306

Professor that taght us statistics. His lecture material is terrible, he has wrote it by himself and it is full of errors, all the matrices have wrong dimensions, he didn't understand the difference between row and column vectors

>> No.8604354

>>8596382
Yeah I'm not sure that you can call out anyone on their english.

>> No.8604362

>>8595421
>take time off school for health problems
>live with cousin in Miami while he's in grad school at some point
>we drive up to VA where most of our family is
>stay in NC for a few days with his friend
>friend is almost finished with PhD in environmental econ
>always stoned
>would take bong rips before lecturing
>asked about him over the holidays (this was 4 years ago)
>now a tenure track prof
>still always stoned

>> No.8604371

>>8601184
Yep.

>> No.8604380

>>8593134

General Chemistry I professor was by far the worst I ever had.

Prominent figure in researching Parkinson's cure. Guy was an absolute genius. He knew it, and made sure you knew it too.

Class was full of students not in a STEM field, basically had to take this because the college made it a graduation requirement.

First off, the class was a "backwards classroom." What this meant was that his lectures were posted as videos online, ranging from 1 hour to 4 FUCKING HOURS LONG. Class time was used to answer 3-4 questions from the textbook and to talk about how smart he was.

It didn't matter than you had 4 or 5 other courses to take. You had to sit though these multi-hour long video lectures twice a week, PLUS do any homework, PLUS do the lab report for each week, PLUS study 8 hours a week for his insanely difficult exams. Class averages were consistent 50's on exams. Lab averages were 40's because you had to follow his insanely strict format for writing lab notes.

I dropped it because it was just too insane for me. I ended up taking it during the summer with an incredibly laid-back professor.

This guy absolutely killed any interest I had in chemistry. He turned it into a semi-difficult class into one I absolutely dreaded. So happy to be done.

>> No.8604408

>>8596553
Hello fellow geo major!

>> No.8604418

>>8598825
> snowballs
> jungle?

My guess is no

>> No.8604515

>>8604371
Don't even get me started on how cancer Ochem sapling was, I have to take physics next year with sapling and I can tell I'm going to want to die

>> No.8604831

>>8604515
Why would they even make a sapling for physics?

Next semester is my last one and all I have is independent studies and a computational bio course :^)

>> No.8604842
File: 19 KB, 217x320, JUST.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8604831
I have no idea why we do that desu. I like chemistry but I was glad I didn't take have any sapling courses last semester (my uni only uses it for chemistry and general physics courses) but I'm taking at least one chemistry course per semester until I graduate next year.

Wish me luck anon

>> No.8604892

>>8604842
Do they use it for all chem courses? What's the point, even, for analytical or physical chem?

Good luck dealing with that bullshit anon.

>> No.8604908

>>8604892
Actually I think pchem is the only class not using sapling. I have no idea how we're going to use the software for analytical, I imagine we'll be asked a lot of titration, chromatography, and spectroscopy questions kinda like the NMR spec questions in ochem, in which case I'll make it fine. I'm more scared for taking biochem and medicinal chem in the future since I can tell it's gonna be incredibly nitpicky.

>> No.8604957

>>8604380
it's pretty sad because they always seem to give these low level chemistry courses to absolute shit teachers, and coupled with the fact that low level chemistry is extremely dry and largely boils down to raw memorization it turns a lot of people off very early on.

>> No.8605091

>>8604957
Gen chem in general is a waste of time for anyone who will end up doing chemistry.

>> No.8605110
File: 429 KB, 366x256, 1484097222529.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Math professor. He acted like a bro, made the lecture fun and all that. 'If you apply yourself a bit, the final won't be an issue for you. ;)))"

Exam time: You needed to solve 4 from 8 tasks in the exam to pass. In Europe you have 100% exams so basically your grade is dependent on that one exam. He made a good lecture and gave some homework/exercises but the questions in the exam were so difficult and in comparison to the concepts+exercises this enormous discrepancy present...

4 out of 236 people passed. Retaking the exam was just 1 year later possible.

>> No.8606000

>>8605110
>4 out of 236 people passed
This obviously reflects poorly on the teacher.

>> No.8606001

>>8605110
>4 out of 236 people passed
sounds good. you should have applied yourself

>> No.8606030

>>8603746
h.s. math teacher here. Go fuck yourself!

>> No.8606042

>>8605110
I've had several profs who did that pattern of being easygoing and intuitive in class and claiming to "only test basics and key concepts" and then fuck people over

Every single time it's not because the prof is malicious or lying, it's that they're so smart it doesn't register to them that not everybody can improv solutions to IMO problems

They really don't understand why people are failing.

>> No.8606315

High school trig teacher never taught the unit circle. He also placed way too much emphasis on his homebrew methods (e.g., making this weird fucking chart for graph transformations) and docked points if you didn't use them.

High school physics teacher taught plug-and-chug equations. Referred to cranky female students as "Members of the 'Otch Club" and referred to cranky male students as miotches. He was funny, but I didn't learn much in that class.

College music professor said popular music wasn't real music on the first day. Interpreted correlative results as evidence of causation (clearly wasn't the case) on the second day. I dropped the class on the third day.

>> No.8606319

>>8606000
>>8606001
Hmm

>> No.8606371

>>8597327
only betas take pride in giving pleasure to women

>> No.8606380

>>8595584
>people that try to leave lectures before they're finished without speaking to the professor first

Absolutely disgusting

>> No.8606383
File: 234 KB, 1080x1920, 1456879436368.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8599639
holy shit what a roastie. I bet her entertainers think she is smart.

>> No.8606398

Whoop the fucking do, my advisor tried to fuck my girlfriend. She left school due to the harrassment, we made a complaint to the dean, he covered for him. Mfw I had to pretend not to know what's going on since he could ruin all my efforts for 3 years.Meanwhile I wrote both my and her MSc thesis at another uni.

In the end, she graduated before me, my thesis approval got delayed by year because of the animosity between the instructor and me. She left me for another guy just when I bought her a ring to propose.

Top this cucks

>> No.8606414

>>8599639
> instagram
> not a link to a lecture on macrostates
I'm disappointed.

>> No.8606434

>>8606398

> Meanwhile I wrote both my and her MSc thesis at another uni.
> She left me for another guy just when I bought her a ring to propose.

What a fucking whore.

>> No.8606468

>>8604261
>I can leave any class, any lecture etc. whenever the fuck I want with no consequences.
But you would be leaving before class was dismissed (and also kind of rude). I thought anon was implying they started and ended classes with bells or some shit.

>> No.8606655

>>8598008
>Bitch had a raging hard on for laser discs and devoted nearly a month of PE classes to dancing to Cha Cha Slide.
are you me?

>> No.8606656

>>8598481
I want to teach you, where do you live anon?

>> No.8606669

Had one guy teaching a programming class.

To start with, he was kind of an all around weak instructor. Didn't seem comfortable speaking in public, mumbled and was incoherent at times. Lot of uncomfortable silence during his lectures. Sort of guy you start off feeling sorry for, then gradually start to lose patience with as the term goes on.

There were a couple of little things too- like he stayed a month behind on grading, and when he did grade, he'd fail you for the slightest mistake.

But that's all standard. What really sealed him as the worst professor I've ever had? We had a snow day on the day of our final. Whole city, covered in an inch of ice. School administration announces campus is closed. Asshole instructor sends the class an email saying he doesn't care what admin says, anyone who doesn't show up for the final gets failed. Three people tried to go and got in minor car accidents. The rest of us reached out to his department head to complain.

Final was postponed and taken a few days later. His name is no longer in the staff directory.

>> No.8606674
File: 10 KB, 228x194, trophy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8606398

Yeah, I think you win.

>> No.8606677
File: 38 KB, 525x600, kind of hot.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8603085

>> No.8606959

>>8595559
>Corporal punishment was outlawed in 1987. But, the court heard, Morris continued to cane. He even punished one boy who was no longer a pupil.
KEK. That's some real dedication.

>> No.8606985

>>8597481
Maybe he was a /robot/ and wanted the normals to get off HIS FUCKING BOARRRRRRD

>> No.8607062

>>8606398
>my AND HER MSc thesis
Holy shit, you got used HARD. I'm surprised she didn't stick around just that bit longer to steal your ring too. Seriously hope you didn't go r/9k/ because of this.

And university politics are a massive bitch, too. Woe betide the lowly mortal who dares to sully the name of a top academic.

>> No.8607129

>>8596352
This is from a short story. I forgot what it's called though. I see what you did there anon.

>> No.8607153
File: 403 KB, 271x279, 1466965010598.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Physics prof who is also a fucking pastor
>avoids the subject of the big bang completely
>drops classes to teach kids fairy tails
>takes any opportunity to use physics as an example that the universe is designed
tfw I still have him as a teacher right now

>> No.8607159

>>8607153
Does he teach physics?
F=MA whether God wrote that equation or not.

>> No.8607166
File: 962 KB, 171x172, ay .gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8607159
?

>> No.8607173

>>8607166
The point is, why do his views and interpretation matter if you're learning the material you paid to learn?

>> No.8607178

>>8607173
Did you read his post, he already said his prof avoids physics topics that are in conflict with his beliefs.

>> No.8607194

>Beginning of the first year of high school
>Professor of chemistry appears in the first three weeks of class to explain what we already knew before and adds a few new things
>Cheap tricks to help you learn and memorize
>After that it disappears in the middle of the trimester and we only saw it in evaluation time or a few days before the evaluation to receive the study material
>this was repeated throughout the year

>Beginning of second year of high school
>The teacher was very serious, explained little but could learn better and exercise what she went through with those who understood matter fast
>Better than the first year
>Taught my class until the last year
>best teacher i ever had

>Half of the second year of high school
>I fell off the stairs and the first-year teacher came to help me
>For some reason after that day she has treated me more like a friend than any other student
>Every day that we did not meet in the hall she asked how my foot was
>It was just a swelling
>She talked to me even when it was time to receive my diploma on my foot and how I was a good student
>I've never been much with her face as a teacher but she was cool.

But because of her I never understood how I would apply the pauling linus table in an exercise

>> No.8607196

>>8607173
Even if he didn't remove whole topics because they don't apply to his beliefs, him saying that he does not believe in certain points is not something I think he should do, he should teach us the content and allow us to make our own minds up. It's very difficult to learn when your teacher is standing right in front of you telling you that the whole section is bull shit.

>> No.8607655

>>8602917
This. The worst is a rhetorical "right?" after every statement.

>> No.8607674

>>8607194
did you bang her?

>> No.8607695

>>8607674
No she was a model of ugliness

>> No.8607975

My 4th grade teacher was by far the worst teacher I have ever had. She was the description of a cranky old women, and only 2 years from retirement. She liked all the girls and hated all the boys in the class, with me in particular getting the worst of it. There was a lot of shit about her grading unfairly and barely teaching us stuff but one incident I still remember extremely clearly today. There was this state required writing exam, with you getting a grade from 0-6. It didnt count towards our grade but went on our records. The prompt mentioned we were to write it in third person but the entire year up to this point she only taught the class first person, never even mentioning that any other ways existed. Literally the entire class wrote it in first person, so she of course deducted points for it. The people that she liked (all girls) had no penalty whatsoever, while the majority of boys/girls she didnt like got brought down a score of 1 or 2, with the most anyone else getting deducted being 3. I was deducted 5 points, and as I got 5 based on the essay I wrote, she gave me a 0 for it.

>> No.8608331

>>8607194
Nice blog fag

>> No.8608950

Chinese old lady who tries to explain transform theory but fails miserably because her temper/accent. How am I supposed to learn if she rants on in broken english and gets upset when you ask a question?

>> No.8608954

>>8593134
Timid little asain prof who barely spoke English, taught first year calculus. If the course wasn't curved to shit a third of the class would've failed.

>> No.8609910
File: 1.41 MB, 4032x3024, IMG_1558.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

my discrete math professor.
He has a speech impediment,quizzes every class. Too fat to stand up for a course.

>> No.8610368

Two weeks before the deadline for handing in undergraduate research (counted towards finals), research supervisor goes on holiday for two weeks. Meh, doesn't make him the worst teacher in the world. Perhaps later, getting kicked out of the profession for having kiddie porn on his computer does though. Shame, was a cool guy, well liked, not creepy, total surprise.

>> No.8610380
File: 14 KB, 210x273, 1484164852394.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8608950
>tfw university with tiny math department
>have no choice but to take multiple classes with the Chinese lady who can't speak a full sentence of English and is so disorganized she forgets what she's doing mid-line

>> No.8610393

>>8609910
>that one faggot that takes pictures of the board in class
just so you know, everyone hates you.

>> No.8611015

My current high school IT instructor. He came from the IT field, and was formerly hired for some ministry (Denmark). The state owned IT is trash to say the least.

Anyways, he only managed to do teaching 5 man-hours out of two semesters. The rest has been projects with our own research. The few times he did teach, it was about fucking pixels and color. And SCRUM, which is a meme.

He has also stated over and over again, that his actual IT knowledge is very limited. I guess he got the job because he came from the field.

My physical instructor was also trash. Luckily I only had to endure four semesters of it. I didn't learn a thing from that class. He didn't care, and he stated that our type of class (personal class) was lazy, didn't do anything right. So he managed to not give any fucks.

As for my exam, I passed. I didn't really use any scientific method. I did a project on power to heat efficiency. Got a 7/C for just talking out of my ass, with no data to prove it.

Can't wait for graduating this summer. Planning on either chemistry or computer science for university.

>> No.8611064

>take Philosophy
>professor skips Nietzsche in favor of doing a whole unit about racism
>has his son come to class and tell us about yoga

also i had no fucking clue how he graded papers, one which i actually tried on got a C while one I shat out at the last minute got almost an A

>> No.8611077

>teacher literally just reads off a powerpoint the entire class
half of all my teachers

>> No.8611348

>>8593134

I live in the second world and I hate teaching here. Everything is done better by Western teachers on their webpages, yt et all.

We should sell our universities or disband them.

>> No.8611370

My intro comp sci class was taught by an Indian senior grad student who was morbidly obese, mumbled everything he said, dropped spaghetti everytime a question was asked, and didn't grad anything till the very end of the semester when he handed you back your 2 dozen hw assignments with a big checkmark on the top and A for the class, even though you know half of them were half finished and didn't even compile.

>> No.8611382

9th grade first period Spanish. Old grumpy ov3rweight gray haired lady who really didn't want to teach Spanish at all. She would hand out find the word letter grid puzzles nearly every week and have us spend the who class doing them. She would get mad at the students reading the Spanish book while letting the nignogs swear and nignog about every single class. This public school was supposedly top 10 so idk how someone like that was not let go or even hired in the first place.