[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 99 KB, 285x215, AtLeastYouTried.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8559620 No.8559620[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

"Why don't you just stop being lazy? Look at me, I have a PhD in Engineering/Math/Physics and I just did the work. I don't understand people who can't just do *insert major here*"

>He says this as his family already have a history of being an Engineer/Physicist/Math/etc
>He says this as his parent was a professor at MIT/Harvard/Insert university here
>he says this as he was essentially exposed to the material by the environment he grew up in

Can first generation kids/adults who's parents were nothing more than poor people who had manual jobs even succeed in high level learning such as Math/Physics/Engineering? I see professors and most of them are essentially either geniuses, rich, and/or had family history who's family were in those fields to begin with that essentially exposed them and allowed them to succeed.

>> No.8559621

>>8559620
t. Lazy

>> No.8559624

>>8559620
You are not interested in Science. You do nothing about it and you feel fine, that is your fucking problem. You could studying all day everyday, but instead, you won't even open the book.
>hurrrr i am OP

Am I wrong?

>> No.8559634
File: 1001 KB, 500x500, hexagon_waves.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

There are several examples op.
My parents were piss poor hard working class. As a kid I had to watch my father taking morphine against his spinal disc hernation and crying of pain while still being forced to work.

While I had an interest in math, their agony is what motivated me to study hard and succeed in academia. Money or interest has never been a major drive force, it's my parents telling me to get any job outside the typical hard labor field.

I am so jeaulous of those who have educated parents who through high school and middle school always could lean back to asking their parents when they get stuck on a math problem. I myself spend hours of hours finding out my errors and mistakes, learning shit that later was wrong and I me having to start over again. Even in fucking university my lab partners could call their parents and ask how inverse kinematics works. Having educated parents is really really a huge advantage and they should know it.