[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 234 KB, 900x1200, turkish-yogurt drink.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8503392 No.8503392 [Reply] [Original]

I know that I'm probably shadow banned because everytime I post anything majorly thought provoking i never get a single reply.

I have a thought experiment to do with science and when trying to prove / disprove people who have psychic abilities.

I'll use telekinesis as an case study for my thought experiment.

The proof of psychic abilities is loosely defined as a person being able to exert a force by thought or willpower alone.

In any such case where anyone who claims to have said abilities he will no doubt be examined by other humans.

If the experiment was conducted with the intention of actually determining if PEOPLE have this ability instead of just a singular claiment, then the experiment would have to take into considering that those involved in the experiment would also be exerting a force upon any object within the experiment. This is due to the object being the subject of the people involved in the experiments thoughts or willpower.

This would mean to me that these experiments are not unbiased and all fail to take this into account rendering the expirment null and void.

I believe that these experiments should be undertaken with the same kind fo care that any quantum experiment would be performed where everything should be done to isolate observers and their intents and willpowers from the objects being tested.

>> No.8503393

>>8503392

Evidence which backs this hypothesis is that any scientist who seeks to prove that people really do have these abilities usually has produced studies which support the evidence that paranormal abilities DO EXIST.

Although, when peer reviewed by less enthusiastic scientists it alwasy will show the opposite as the overall intent is that the experiment should fail.

I'm not questioning the validity of any previous experiments but I would like to perhaps discuss ways in which paranormal abilities could be tested without breaking the paradox that anyone involved in such an experiment is able to influence the outcome because they also are theoritically be able to exert a psychic force.

TLDR

If you really want to test the hypothesis that telekinesis is true then it should be at least assumed that it is true and that the testers willpower can pollute any results.

All currently accepted proof that paranormal abilities do not exist have been performed using this flawed model where the scientists inherent psychic ability flawed the test in favour of the outcome that doesnt challenge their worldview.

>> No.8503394

>>>/x/

>> No.8503395

>>8503394

full of retards, and magick

I want a scientific discussion on this, because I think this line of thinking is fullproof

>> No.8503396

The 4chan software doesn't even support shadow banning. No one replies to you because you're posting /x/-tier garbage on the politics board. In short, your thread is spam.

>> No.8503397

that's pretty interesing

>> No.8503398

>Shadowban

Kill yourself, redditor.

>> No.8503400
File: 15 KB, 234x230, IMG_4337.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8503395
Your wish has been granted

Keep your faggot off topic shit in its proper place

>> No.8503409

>>8503392
It literally isn't a thing to test, these kind of claims are modern day occult.

>> No.8503433
File: 39 KB, 562x437, Ohwow.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8503396
>on the politics board

>> No.8503486

>>8503392

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqoYrSd94kA