[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 1.83 MB, 200x200, 1475378723030.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8418897 No.8418897 [Reply] [Original]

The future of science and human capability is locked in neuroscience! The next great leap in human science will come when we can reproduce the brain's ability to process and store data in a handheld device!

https://www.google.ca/amp/amp.livescience.com/53751-brain-could-store-internet.html?client=ms-android-rogers-ca

Thoughts?

>> No.8418947

>>8418897
brains are an intrinsic electrical property of the natural body. i gladly accept that machines are capable of body-like thought, but can we? the mind is inherently mind boggling. what machine-man could comprehend itself?

truly, a wonder of the world

>> No.8419179

>>8418947
Totally agree, and the thought of creating an electrical being kinda spooks me. I was referring, however, more to the fact that the brain is capable of storing around a petabyte of data with such minimal energy. To match what the brain does with contemporary processors, you'd need a dedicated nuclear plant. The future is in how much data we can write on an electron