[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 141 KB, 1280x853, 1474766727380.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8402947 No.8402947 [Reply] [Original]

Hey /sci/, I'm not looking for advice yet I want to know your opinion. I'm a 22 dude studying Computational Systems Engineering and this is my third semester but I'm not enjoying it, and it's not like I have a lot of homework, I'm simply not feeling interest anymore, I'm bad at programming, I'm bad at math (I'm average but meant to be better at this career). I could get better by just practicing but I don't have the motivation anymore. I tried with other stuff like sports (swimming, football, tennis, baseball), arts (painting, music, dance), I just could grasp the very beginning of philosophy, I hate chemistry and physics.

Yeah, I'm average dude who 'educated' himself through videogames, mangos, waifus, internet and despite I read, it's almost nothing in comparison with what I mentioned before.

I never had a girlfriend though and my friends are not that close to me, the only support I got comes from my parents, but they aren't too charming with me, my dad just hopes perfection from me and never praised me for anything.

My head is full of shit, I lack any motivation to keep going but I don't have any reasons to be an hero or just give up. I dropped highschool because I couldn't catch up like everyone else, but I was decided to enter at the school where I currently am, I don't understand why I don't have the motivation.

>> No.8402953

This is normal. Just part of being a man. I feel like that too but it'd not like I can just sit in bed my whole life. I figure I'll be unhappy if I'm lazy and be unhappy if I'm a hard worker, so I might as well be a productive unhappy person.

>> No.8402958

How does one become a 22 dude?

Is that a step up from being a 21 dude?

I think I'm a 99 dude. You can probably find more 22 dudes at >>>/adv/ you fucking summer fag

>> No.8402979

every day some faggot mistakes /sci/ for his blog

>> No.8402983

>>8402953
Same. I have resigned myself to being unhappy, so I might as well make the most of my unhappiness. Why wallow when it won't change anything?

>> No.8402995

>>8402947

Most of people who studies an engineering wonders this at some level. As you said, all you have to do is practice EVEN if you're not motivated, that is far way better than just being wondering why you're not into learning math or programming. Is something that you would just stop thinking about once you see you can actually do what you're meant to.

>>8402979
>>8402958

People like OP comes here because there's is expected that /sci/ have people who actually study something related to math, so who is better to give advice of this? People at /adv/ who likely studied/study something that ain't related?

>> No.8403002
File: 1 KB, 210x46, ur a fag.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8402947
>>>/adv/
>>>/r9k/
>>8402995
>People like OP comes here because there's is expected that /sci/ have people who actually study something related to math
I'm a math major, my advice is to either go to the boards mentioned above or commit suicide