[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 52 KB, 624x624, Cthk_kIW8AAWJj4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8398656 No.8398656 [Reply] [Original]

Many times whenever I learn something in school, watch a certain video, have a conversation, read something, etc., those memories will be associated with some place I've been (or sometimes I will unknowingly mentally fabricate some location and scenery which has great detail). For instance, a unit we learned in physics at school has been associated with a very specific place in a neighborhood, overlooking a lake. Whenever I remember the formulas and stuff we'd use, I envision them over that specific scene. Whenever I remember things we've learned in my psychology class, I see another very specific scene such as the place I used to go to recess in middle school. My memories of a lesson in math are connected to a path I used to take to get to my friends house. These memories I have are associated with unrelated, and random it seems, locations/places I've been. The locations associated with these memories are unchanging and I always recall them exactly the same. It isn't always school lessons that have this strage association with a specific location, but it may be as simple as a conversation I've had, a video I've watched, or even just something I've done that day. These locations that random memories are associated with are totally unrelated so I have no idea why when I recall memories, they have a specific place and scene tied to them. Is this some sort of synesthesia? I also have a form of synesthesia called ordinal linguistic personification if that changes anything but I've never heard of a form that seems similar to what I'm describing.