[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 34 KB, 640x480, 1472792813520.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8380674 No.8380674[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Having a high IQ makes social situations fucking annoying.
You have to constant dumb yourself down to be able to have actual conversations with normies.
I know this shit sounds dunning-kruger and I myself never really thought of myself as intelligent. But I recently did an actual RL IQ-test with my psychologist and scored 147 on it.

I always thought of myself as just being dunning-kruger, and not noticing where my own intellectual errors are at.
But now I guess I have to accept that it's not me, but instead the vast majority of humanity.

I'm only 18 but studied philosophy and physics on PhD level.

Got an elo of 2450 in chess, while still going up.

Oh man I'd say in another 10 years I'll reach my absolute peek.

The only people I could ever have serious discussions with were actual professors of the subjects I'm interested in.
People often considered me as being borderline retarded in HS because I this fucking introverted and autistic, that they got really shocked then I spoke up and said things the teacher couldnt even comprehend at some times.

Meh, I'm working on various physical theories and philosophical works right now.
I'm even thinking about just dropping it all and writing some Elliot Rodger tier fuckyouall-book.

Sorry for the autistic rant.
thanks for reading

>> No.8380681

> im only 18.

Glanced through and stopped there. You'll get the stick out of your ass when you find out that acting like a turd doesnt get your peepee in ladies.

>> No.8380682

>>8380674
ok.

>> No.8380688

>>8380674
>scored 147
when did IQ tests start going above 140?

>> No.8380709

Yeah, it happens. Find a field you're interested in, talk to a professor and get a research project. If you're motivated and have the skills, they won't care how old you are. Best to get some old guy who doesn't have huge ambitions but knows his stuff.

Also, for me at least it feels like I'm hitting a peak at around 20. My intuitive intelligence isn't kicking in the same way it did a couple years ago. I'm finding myself having to push to understand concepts that should be easy.

High IQ is a blessing and a curse. Spend some time learning normie-speak, it's not too hard, and it does help. Read a couple psychology and behavior textbooks, and then work on predicting how people will behave with different stimuli. Practice being popular at parties. Academia is mostly politics at lower levels, so this is important if you go that direction.

One thing I did back in highschool was write a list of goals I wanted for my life, and then a list of ways to achieve them. Thinking about stuff like that can help with the high-IQ existential funk, even if you never pursue them seriously.

Good luck, anon.

>> No.8380720

>>8380674
>I'm only 18 but studied philosophy

>philosophy

Are you sure your IQ test returned 147 and not 47?

>> No.8380767

>peek

damn what a smart ass nigga can't even spell 2nd grade words correctly

>> No.8380769

>>8380674
tfw I totally relate to OP, except I'm 41 now.

>> No.8380868

>>8380674
what the hell does chess have to do with intelligence

>> No.8380937

>>8380868
Chess is le epic meme game for ultra-intelligent people. Nevermind that chess involves nothing more than tediously memorizing a bunch of openings and strategies and shit.

>> No.8380940

I kek'd at the chess part.

>> No.8380942

You guys think people like Newton and Tesla thought this type of shit on the daily

>> No.8380945

>>8380942

>Tesla was a genius meme

eat shit