[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 20 KB, 250x241, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8361359 No.8361359 [Reply] [Original]

I feel like i know nothing about math and science. where do i start without getting bored after 1 minute?

>> No.8361431

Instead of just learning the rule and trying to remember it, try to understand why it is that way.

>> No.8361468

>>8361359
School was always my go to information center. I wouldn't read extracurricular material outside of school so I would effectively only learn in school

>> No.8361494

>>8361359
Some people just don't have it in them, if the interest isn't there for whatever reason, there's no point in trying to force it. The majority of people willingly stay ignorant of all things scientific throughout their lives, and the rest read and regurgitate popsci to fool themselves into thinking they know science, but they just end up sounding ridiculous.

Focus on doing what you like and become good at it. If it's not science then so be it, but at least don't become a popsci-spouting faggot that has an opinion on things they know nothing about. If you're going to put the time to educate yourself in some basic science, do it seriously, don't take the shortcut.

>> No.8361514

Need to have an end in mind

>learning for the sake of it
is the defacto excuse for ingesting useless trivia

may be fun, but this means what you 'learned' cannot be applied

>> No.8361542

Associate mathematics with a reward
I always loved that feeling when you complete a proof but analysis was a pain in the ass
So I would work through easier problems while high on adderall, and maybe eat some chocolate or ice cream when i was working
through proofs

Can't say for sure if it worked, but it made it a little more enjoyable, and i passed analysis with an A

>> No.8361755

>>8361494
This

>> No.8361789

>>8361359
>getting bored after one minute of studying
sounds like you don't actually have an interest in the subject but have gotten memed into thinking you should

>> No.8361808
File: 253 KB, 2048x1447, wageslave.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8361359

>where do i start

Realistically, people like you start by getting a job at mcdonalds and gradually lowering your standards and expectations over time so you get used to your role as subhuman servants for the mathematically literate master race.

>> No.8361843

>>8361808
This.