[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 45 KB, 540x405, shaggy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8324893 No.8324893 [Reply] [Original]

Have the affects of CO2 as a greenhouse gas on the atmosphere have been exaggerated?

http://www.oism.org/pproject/GWReview_OISM600.pdf

The pdf above has changed my view on man made climate change.I believed in man made global warming, but now I'm not so sure. The gist of the argument in favor of man made global warming is that due to the use of fossil fuels from commercial industries around the world a build up of CO2 in the atmosphere has resulted in increased global temperatures because CO2 acts as a greenhouse gas which trap the sun's rays in the lower atmosphere.

The pdf in question which was presented to me when I was arguing in favor of made made climate change seems to show decisive evidence that CO2's role in warming the planet has been overblown, and with it the argument of man made climate change.

The pdf contains all the arguments. Feel free to go into the details of the chemistry in how CO2 is the cause behind the rise in Earth's temperatures.

Water vapor is actually a more potent greenhouse gas, but it isn't that its control the Earth's temperatures, but that it is being controlled by the Earth's temperatures, as explained below:

https://www.acs.org/content/acs/en/climatescience/climatesciencenarratives/its-water-vapor-not-the-co2.html

What is the role CO2 plays here specifically? I imagine it would be here where CO2 would lay its influence.

The pdf is beyond me, I'm not a scientist but from what I read it really complicates the argument. I'm already aware about some nuanced points that are explained below:

http://climate.nasa.gov/

>continued

>> No.8324894
File: 19 KB, 300x225, shocked.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8324893
It can't just be solar irradiance because its doesn't explain why temperature increases only in the lower atmosphere. Which would be due to greenhouse gases. But how is it specifically CO2, and not H2O being pushed to warm the Earth by natural climate cycles like leaving our current ice age.

I'll again preface I'm not a scientist. But I have taken Organic Chemistry 2 so I should understand some details if you're willing to go into them.

>> No.8324905

Get your playing cards and split, take a right out of the door; the kitchen has rotten meat.

>> No.8325547
File: 173 KB, 657x594, GISS - Hansen Rewrite History.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8324894
The largest cause of temperature increase is data tampering.

>> No.8325549
File: 50 KB, 851x393, solar-clouds-climate.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>832489
>It can't just be solar irradiance
Solar activity anti-correlates with cosmic rays which correlate with low clouds.

>> No.8325552

There are none, it's physical quadrents of weather on Earth's Moon.

Counting bizrrrnatch.

>> No.8325602
File: 50 KB, 900x600, he's going all out.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Willie Soon
nigga pls