[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 401 KB, 1500x1096, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8302889 No.8302889[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Scientifically, why is reddit a better site than 4chan?

>> No.8302897

It has usernames which makes it easier to keep track of conversations.

There are more boards.

>> No.8302913

>>8302897

>what are trips

>> No.8302918

>>8302897
if you need usernames to understand content then you really don't belong on 4chan

posts stand for themselves. leave your special snowflake identity at the door when coming here.

>> No.8302922

>>8302889
4chan is for 13-25 year olds.
Reddit is for 22-35 year olds.
Very rarely are there any top level graduates online in forums anymore.
They jump to conclusions, straw man and contradict well known consensus-based concepts, and in some areas, they even reject axioms.

They don't seem to understand the importance of coherency or source.

In this case, anon straw mans and then refuses to point to a source, just dictating anons memory justifies anons emotional retort and denial.

Debate etiquette calls for references, which I posted, and logical arguments without presumptions, which I posted, but I doubt anyone will take LOGIC for what it's worth when people can try to rely on self-serving biases and interpretations.

>> No.8302937

4chan is better for shitposting though.

>> No.8302961

>>8302922
> implying reddit is better for debate
No way. Reddit's voting system ensures that you develope echo chambers. Ignoring that, reddit wasn't always bad. Maybe 5 years ago, the average reddit user was more intelligent, tech savy, and willing to debate/reason than today. There was still a political leaning, generally liberal/libertarian, but it wasn't like today. Reddit's chairman, /u/kn0thing, has done a wonderful job of losing the majority of the reasonable reddit users. Today's reddit user is (on average) liberal, like Bernie Sanders liberal, and totally ignorant on the vast majority of issues (seriously, unless you are in a good subreddit for the topic, you'll notice that people confidently spout bullshit on issues if you happen to be an expert). Being an expert in finance/economics, I noticed this (and of course there was a political impact, you get downvoted out of the conversation if you state a fact (with reliable sources) that reddit as a whole doesn't like). On top of that, reddit insists that the average redditor is a misogynistic, racist, homophobic/transphobic bigot.

Honestly, the transition was due by pushes from /u/kn0thing because he wanted reddit to appeal to a broader, generally liberal (due to the target age group) audience (I don't blame him there), so he began to censor viewpoints (of course using the CEO at the time, /u/spez or Ellen Pao) and appoint administrators who subscribe to sjw ideologies. As they began to spread and get mod positions, they turned neutral subreddits into fanatically liberal enclaves. I hope reddit dies and bankrupts /u/kn0thing because of how much of a shithole it's become.

>> No.8302981

>>8302961
you're replying to copypasta
this thread is a bait thread as well
reddit is shit and no one cares why. whole purpose of the thread is to make people angry.

>> No.8303003

>>8302981
I don't think anyone here is upset, tbqh

>> No.8303007

>>8303003
yeah, the thread is shit

>> No.8303008

>>8302937
this

i'm not autistic enough for serious internet business.

>> No.8303016

>>8302937
I disagree. I use reddit for no other reason than to rustle jimmies, nowadays. People are way easier to piss off than on 4chan.

>> No.8303073
File: 312 KB, 1920x1080, YOUREGOLDEN.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8302889
Why, because it's quantized, don't you see.

>> No.8303081

It's sad in Reddit these days. It' a motherfucking echo chamber. Filled with people people that follow prominent users.

I couldn't count how many time I got downvoted for innocent comments. Fuck Reddit, I wasted so much of life there.

And now, the marketing interns are really hard at work at reddit. Every motherfucking day, there's some ads masquerading as innocent /r/pics or /r/gifs post. People are blind, man. Or it's just bots upvoting the ads.