[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 72 KB, 720x690, 1467115251118.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8245461 No.8245461 [Reply] [Original]

When you're in the vacuum of space and your bodily fluids start to boil, what does it feel like? Does it feel hot? Would it be extremely painful?

>> No.8245467

>>8245461

You'll be dead before anything boils, the depressurisation would be extremely painful, especially if you're a big guy

>> No.8245471

>>8245461
boiling actually cools you down, OP. see heat of evaporation.

and if you are boiling at room temperature because of low pressure, you are going to be cooled to below room temperature.

if you are exposed to hard vacuum, the first thing you notice is that your vision will go to shit as the fluid on the surface of your eyes begins to evaporate and freeze at the same time. shortly afterwards you will be dead, so make for an airlock if you can.

believe it or not, your body is pretty good at holding your insides in, so you wont explode, and this surface tension is enough to maintain internal pressure of fluids, so you wont die of the bends either. but your lungs, eyes, ears, mouth, nose, and anus will all feel the bern.

>> No.8245494

>>8245467
I dunno, would you be alive long enough to feel anything, do you think? If you're suddenly exposed to total vacuum, like jettisoned into space without a suit? That depressurization will be pretty quick. And the boiling effect will be simultaneous, and shred tissue all over your body, including your brain. I suppose it all depends on the exact structural integrity of your body, but I'm thinking it'd take some fraction of a second for your Thinkin' Meats to be turned into pulled pork. Wouldn't it?

>> No.8246465

It feels you are trying to shift that zinc so much, because you dont believe the fact you are using science wrong...

>> No.8246470

Question is, how the fuck you get heat inside... I dont have that much heat in what I call vacuum... And it doesnt boils there without the sunflow ...

By the way... you suffocate on lungs full of water only, because those are membrane wich is trying to... No it can be also full of nothing... It doesnt have air inside? Will it suck bubbles out of your body? REally?

Its the fact you will scream and you are heard.