[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 1.48 MB, 3603x2591, spede1979.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8171175 No.8171175 [Reply] [Original]

I'm a fresh Ph.D. in neuroscience, 25 years old, and I decided to apply for some kind of medical degree for easy money from part-time gigs and home visits. I thought that Veterinary medicine is cool, because I think it's more appealing to deal with scared cats and dogs than with furious old hags with hemorrhoids. I applied, I passed the entrance exam easily, and I'm a freshman again.

However, I can not tolerate the stupidity of my classmates. They have problems with high-school level stuff, e.g. introductory cell biology and genetics, Newton's laws and naming simple organic compunds. In lab exercises the instructors demonstrated them how to use automated pipette and still they couldn't figure out how much liquid the pipette is going to suck. THERE ARE SOME MAGICAL NUMBERS ON THE SIDE OF THE PIPETTE.

I can have intellectual conversations only with professors and other research staff here, because these students talk only about horses, what their horse ate today and what color the horse shit was.

How these kind of people get accepted? I seriously wasn't this stupid when I started as a biology + math student 7 years ago.

Are vetmed students this stupid elsewhere? Are even med students this imbecile?
How do you deal with simple-minded people?
Should I just stay in research?

>> No.8171179

>>8171175
>I'm a fresh Ph.D. in neuroscience
>How do you deal with simple-minded people?
> How to deal with idiot classmates?

That's why nobody takes neuro-""""""""""""""""scientists"""""""""""""""" seriously

Maybe it would be better for you and of your freshman classmates if you would stay in this echo chamber called "Neuroscience" and get the fuck out this board.

>> No.8171186

>>8171179
I made mathematical models of neuronal information processing instead of that psychology garbage, if that worries you.

>> No.8171189

>>8171186
>mathematical models of neuronal information.
And they were based on what?

doesn't matter they were probably still flawed because you're still reluctant to teach yourself how to use oscilloscope

>> No.8171191
File: 3.56 MB, 347x244, putin.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8171189

>> No.8171195
File: 2.71 MB, 263x150, laughing whores animooted.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Are even med students this imbecile?

>he can't even criticize his classmates in coherent language

>> No.8171199

How in the hell you are a doctor at age 25?

>> No.8171231

>>8171199

autistic prodigy at age 5, accelerated through to high school at age 8. Completes his first degree at age 17. Decides to become a doctor, finishes at age 25.

>Now wastes all his time shit posting on a Jamaican chemistry board about how everyone around is stupid and that he is simply too intelligent for them

>> No.8171240

>>8171175
You should do psychiatry instead so you can prescribe yourself asspie pills.

>> No.8171245

I've realized that the more in depth knowledge in chemistry I gain, the more I forget high school level stuff.