[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 206 KB, 570x359, 46880f68b.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR] No.8135983 [Reply] [Original]

hey /sci/

so I'm starting college this september and right now I'm in engineering. tuition costs fuckloads and I'm (understandably) being pressured by my parents to major in something that makes money because they are covering the remainder of what I didn't cover with my scholarships

I have no idea if I want engineering, to be quite frank. The fact that all of my peers pretend that they KNOW they want engineering just makes me feel even worse, to be honest.

About a year ago I thought I wanted to go into Physics or something and try for a PhD, but my Shit State(tm) school has a pretty mediocre Physics department and I am worried that it will leave me in a bad spot.

What college major advice would you like-minded folks have for a depressed kid who loves Calculus, philosophy, and history, and not much else.

and yo, sorry if this post pisses somebody off. the majority of my threads do. I just have nobody else I can talk to. sorry guys.