[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 20 KB, 638x547, QYPlmPQ.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8130771 No.8130771[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

>you never went to Stuyvesant High School
>you never went to Westminster College or Eton College
>you never went to an elite university

>> No.8130772

You mean like Harvard that has gender neutral bathrooms? I'll pass.

>> No.8130786

but I'll live a very real life.

>> No.8130795

>>8130771
Plenty of people at my college (relatively elite) went to Stuyvesant, and trust me, they're not smart. The asian ones are very hard working, and the white ones are just super well adjusted and deal with their work pretty easily and stress-free.

There's nothing really different between you and them, so don't come up with stupid excuses to not push yourself. It doesn't matter when you do good work, all that matters is that you do it (before you're 30!). The prestige of your institution is irrelevant if you can demonstrate your ability to do original research, which anyone can learn how to do.

>> No.8130811

>>8130795
I went to a top 10 university. The undergraduates there weren't necessarily smarter than anyone else at the top 50 I attended prior. They just came from more wealthy backgrounds, including sons and daughters of political leaders in foreign countries. But these sons and daughters still made Ds and Cs in your STEM 101 classes despite having 2300-2400 SAT scores.

The top students in my top 50 classes would have been too students in my top 10 classes.

You'd be very surprised by the intellect of the kids they let into the top 10. They have all the academic padding you could think of but sub par intellect or just average intellect. Every once in a while you meet the highly intelligent kid but they are rare.